Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,336 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

Why I Think Nigerians Abroad Got Low Self Esteem - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why I Think Nigerians Abroad Got Low Self Esteem (1630 Views)

The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad / How Nigerians Abroad Complain About Loneliness Amazes Me / Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Think Nigerians Abroad Got Low Self Esteem by tempusfugit: 1:39pm On Mar 15, 2021
Have noticed whenever you have an argument with them about Nigeria, they always come up with how the system over there works perfectly which isn't totally true and at the end of the day they have no concrete solutions to our problems, Majority of them re educated but they do thinks otherwise by comparing a young country to countries with decades of history either bad or good, I think is high they stop this stupid mentality, is annoying!!!

3 Likes

Re: Why I Think Nigerians Abroad Got Low Self Esteem by KaluwisxPRO: 1:43pm On Mar 15, 2021
You need to learn what self esteem means and what it means to accept being treated like a peasant.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Think Nigerians Abroad Got Low Self Esteem by justwise(m): 1:45pm On Mar 15, 2021
tempusfugit:
Have noticed whenever you have an argument with them about Nigeria, they always come up with how the system over there works perfectly which isn't totally true and at the end of the day they have no concrete solutions to our problems, Majority of them re educated but they do thinks otherwise by comparing a young country to countries with decades of history either bad or good, I think is high they stop this stupid mentality, is annoying!!!

Will you consider yourself young if you are born in 1960?

6 Likes

Re: Why I Think Nigerians Abroad Got Low Self Esteem by tempusfugit: 1:49pm On Mar 15, 2021
We taking about a country oga
justwise:

Will you consider yourself young if you are born in 1960?
Re: Why I Think Nigerians Abroad Got Low Self Esteem by tempusfugit: 1:50pm On Mar 15, 2021
Not just that
KaluwisxPRO:
You need to learn what self esteem means and what it means to accept being treated like a peasant.
Re: Why I Think Nigerians Abroad Got Low Self Esteem by obama30: 2:33pm On Mar 15, 2021
tempusfugit:

I discover that cause of your problems are many and I need to mention few, sleeping without light, and wakeup to meet insecurity, facing the day without good government policy, graduated from school without future as design by the government of Nigeria. When mix all together you thoughts that the best way to channel your anger, is by attacking your abroad friends that told you naked truths about Nigeria.

Big for nothing country, rich in minerals resources, but managing by blood day light arm-rubber in elected office.

Nigeria may be a country, but the only value to some citizens is the international passport, if you have the money to obtain one for your travel even if you're going to world number one begger nation known as Ghana.

Until our political thief's change and work for betterment of Nigeria, Nigerians in diaspora cannot stop criticism of this government.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Think Nigerians Abroad Got Low Self Esteem by justwise(m): 3:10pm On Mar 15, 2021
tempusfugit:
We taking about a country oga

Yes and how old is SA and how developed is SA compared to Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Think Nigerians Abroad Got Low Self Esteem by 79733139(m): 3:13pm On Mar 15, 2021
What you wrote has nothing to do with low self-esteem. They only have contempt for Nigeria (the way it is being governed)... they still like Nigerians.

And the system in countries like Germany, Denmark and Canada is several times better than in Nigeria... sure they aren't perfect but their system of government is a lot better with very low levels of corruption.

tempusfugit:

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Nigerians Abroad Got Low Self Esteem by ednut1(m): 3:55pm On Mar 15, 2021
Making zero sense.

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Nigerians Abroad Got Low Self Esteem by Limassol(m): 5:15pm On Mar 15, 2021
A ridiculous thread! By the way if I may ask op, how old is UAE, Malaysia and Singapore?

Needless to say these countries are miles ahead of Nigeria in every aspect.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Think Nigerians Abroad Got Low Self Esteem by SHIIITHOLE: 6:19pm On Mar 15, 2021
Sharaaaap! Ghana is a better country than your useless zoo.

obama30:

I discover that cause of your problems are many and I need to mention few, sleeping without light, and wakeup to meet insecurity, facing the day without good government policy, graduated from school without future as design by the government of Nigeria. When mix all together you thoughts that the best way to channel your anger, is by attacking your abroad friends that told you naked truths about Nigeria.

Big for nothing country, rich in minerals resources, but managing by blood day light arm-rubber in elected office.

Nigeria may be a country, but the only value to some citizens is the international passport, if you have the money to obtain one for your travel even if you're going to world number one begger nation known as Ghana.

Until our political thief's change and work for betterment of Nigeria, Nigerians in diaspora cannot stop criticism of this government.
Re: Why I Think Nigerians Abroad Got Low Self Esteem by obama30: 7:38pm On Mar 15, 2021
SHIIITHOLE:
Sharaaaap! Ghana is a better country than your useless zoo.

May be you don't know that Ghana is poorest nation in West Africa, what resources back Ghana economy. Remember Ghana oil was founded by Exxon-mobile and the companies have to manage it till Ghana pay off all researches money and developing expenses made in establishing the oil rig. Thereby Ghana will be paying the money through dividend generated from their share of oil profit. This dividend is what Ghana government use to borrow money in 2014 from IMF and knows one knew when this money will be paid.

The gold section was use to borrow money from German government in 2007 to celebrate Ghana at 50 and the German are selling any land with gold deposit to Chinese to mine, that is reason that after Ghanaians make noise about galamsay the government will do over look, if the noise if too much the government will arrest two or three Chinese to confuse the masses and free them, even Chinese beat you up in your farm because all gold deposit in Ghana has been sole to German government through loan.

The coco you hope on is useless resources because it's only use in production of chocolate and not even produce in Ghana but produce outside Ghana, and return it to sell in Ghana and the money you make from coco beans taken away from you by the white.

What about the electricity? Ghana has 11 IPPS that belong to foreign companies, they only generate electricity and sell to ECG and ECG distribute to consumers and the money when to empty pocket. Government of Ghana only pays the IPPs Company when they received begging fund from white man country. Your government boost that you generates 5000 MW, and can sell electricity to Burkinafaso and Togo, but some villages in Ghana don't have electricity. How many Ghanaian can consume 10KW of electricity in 24 hours at price of GHS0.30 per a kilowatt? because of poverty in Ghana is difficult for Ghanaians to use up to 4000 MW of electricity in a day, which is what is required for Ghana as a nation with population of 25 million real or 30 million audio population. So if Ghanaians is better as you say, what that supposes to left is 1000 MW for backup. the funny part of this is that the Nigeria government sell oil to ghana on credit to pay after 90 days, this is every day supply only to be paying after 90 days and this 90 days come in every day yet Ghana never pay and Nigeria still supplying. Ghana government resell the oil to this IPPs company for generating of the electricity whereby own the oil supplier country Nigeria and owing the IPPs companies and their politicians pocket this money and the journalist help the matter to die to avoid world knowing how corrupt Ghanians are. If world knew about it no nation will give a cent to begger nation of Ghana. Even the photovoltaic solar at Northern Ghana is own by American company its Generated only 1000 MW making all generated power in Ghana 5300MW.

Ghana paying high wages to government workers means nothing because is borrowed money that impoverish Ghana more and more, let see where Ghana will be in economy by next 20 years, i mean economy not democracy which you had. Even the oil money own Nigeria on daily basis is among the money Ghana government uses to pay salaries with. A time is coming Nigeria government will request to receive all the money own to Nigeria from Ghana, after going to world court Nigerian will take over Ghana or there will be war and I bet you, the destruction Nigeria will cause to Ghana may cost Ghana 200 years to recover.

Do you see all the road construction you people are saturating online, is all money your government borrowed from different countries and those countries did not trust Ghana and their government, they decide to come and do the construction by them self and also to finalize any remaining mineral resources that use in exchange of the money.

I pity Nigerians that travel to live in Ghana because they don't know they are living in world most poor nation, because Ghana is English country and always cover their bottoms some Nigerians think Ghana has better economy, Any Nigerian that can do researches as I do only need to live in Togo than living in Ghana. Because Togo economy is stronger than Ghana economy, Ghana owns a lot of countries and IMF while Togo is among debt free nation in West Africa.

God forbidden me living in a country without economy backup.

Nigeria has bad leaders but our economy still feed Ghanaians. What has Nigeria ever benefit from Ghana? Only insult, Can you name any country that have benefit anything from Ghana starting from your independent day till today 2021? A poor country that begs how can they give?

Ghana is second hand, cars, shoes, juice, cooking items, cloth and anything second hand deport in the world, that is reason they don’t know anything about fashion, always dressing as butterfly.. Even Ghana is first country in the world to receive free covid19 vaccine, this is evidence that Ghana is headquarter of beggers country in the world.

Ghanians should mine how they talk to Nigeria because Nigeria is God to them, Nigeria don’t care if our product enters Ghana but Ghanaians cry more than Benin any time we close boarder because even the producers of their ogogolo hope to sell in Nigerian else they will be out of production and die in hungry. A real Ghanaian don’t believe to make you prosper through patronizing your business, instead he wish you to fail in that business. That is reason they are known as saboteur outside Africa. The only think Ghana has as economy backup is gambling, whether is lottery or bet.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Think Nigerians Abroad Got Low Self Esteem by Regex: 9:25pm On Mar 15, 2021
obama30:

May be you don't know that Ghana is poorest nation in West Africa, what resources back Ghana economy. Remember Ghana oil was founded by Exxon-mobile and the companies have to manage it till Ghana pay off all researches money and developing expenses made in establishing the oil rig. Thereby Ghana will be paying the money through dividend generated from their share of oil profit. This dividend is what Ghana government use to borrow money in 2014 from IMF and knows one knew when this money will be paid.

The gold section was use to borrow money from German government in 2007 to celebrate Ghana at 50 and the German are selling any land with gold deposit to Chinese to mine, that is reason that after Ghanaians make noise about galamsay the government will do over look, if the noise if too much the government will arrest two or three Chinese to confuse the masses and free them, even Chinese beat you up in your farm because all gold deposit in Ghana has been sole to German government through loan.

The coco you hope on is useless resources because it's only use in production of chocolate and not even produce in Ghana but produce outside Ghana, and return it to sell in Ghana and the money you make from coco beans taken away from you by the white.

What about the electricity? Ghana has 11 IPPS that belong to foreign companies, they only generate electricity and sell to ECG and ECG distribute to consumers and the money when to empty pocket. Government of Ghana only pays the IPPs Company when they received begging fund from white man country. Your government boost that you generates 5000 MW, and can sell electricity to Burkinafaso and Togo, but some villages in Ghana don't have electricity. How many Ghanaian can consume 10KW of electricity in 24 hours at price of GHS0.30 per a kilowatt? because of poverty in Ghana is difficult for Ghanaians to use up to 4000 MW of electricity in a day, which is what is required for Ghana as a nation with population of 25 million real or 30 million audio population. So if Ghanaians is better as you say, what that supposes to left is 1000 MW for backup. the funny part of this is that the Nigeria government sell oil to ghana on credit to pay after 90 days, this is every day supply only to be paying after 90 days and this 90 days come in every day yet Ghana never pay and Nigeria still supplying. Ghana government resell the oil to this IPPs company for generating of the electricity whereby own the oil supplier country Nigeria and owing the IPPs companies and their politicians pocket this money and the journalist help the matter to die to avoid world knowing how corrupt Ghanians are. If world knew about it no nation will give a cent to begger nation of Ghana. Even the photovoltaic solar at Northern Ghana is own by American company its Generated only 1000 MW making all generated power in Ghana 5300MW.

Ghana paying high wages to government workers means nothing because is borrowed money that impoverish Ghana more and more, let see where Ghana will be in economy by next 20 years, i mean economy not democracy which you had. Even the oil money own Nigeria on daily basis is among the money Ghana government uses to pay salaries with. A time is coming Nigeria government will request to receive all the money own to Nigeria from Ghana, after going to world court Nigerian will take over Ghana or there will be war and I bet you, the destruction Nigeria will cause to Ghana may cost Ghana 200 years to recover.

Do you see all the road construction you people are saturating online, is all money your government borrowed from different countries and those countries did not trust Ghana and their government, they decide to come and do the construction by them self and also to finalize any remaining mineral resources that use in exchange of the money.

I pity Nigerians that travel to live in Ghana because they don't know they are living in world most poor nation, because Ghana is English country and always cover their bottoms some Nigerians think Ghana has better economy, Any Nigerian that can do researches as I do only need to live in Togo than living in Ghana. Because Togo economy is stronger than Ghana economy, Ghana owns a lot of countries and IMF while Togo is among debt free nation in West Africa.

Nigeria has bad leaders but our economy still feed Ghanaians. What has Nigeria ever benefit from Ghana? Only insult, Can you name any country that have benefit anything from Ghana starting from your independent day till today 2021? A poor country that begs how can they give?

Ghana is second hand, cars, shoes, juice, cooking items, cloth and anything second hand deport in the world, that is reason they don’t know anything about fashion, always dressing as butterfly.. Even Ghana is first country in the world to receive free covid19 vaccine, this is evidence that Ghana is headquarter of beggers country in the world.

Ghanians should mine how they talk to Nigeria because Nigeria is God to them, Nigeria don’t care if our product enters Ghana but Ghanaians cry more than Benin any time we close boarder because even the producers of their ogogolo hope to sell in Nigerian else they will be out of production and die in hungry. A real Ghanaian don’t believe to make you prosper through patronizing your business, instead he wish you to fail in that business. That is reason they are known as saboteur outside Africa. The only think Ghana has as economy backup is gambling, whether is lottery or bet.

Oh boy, you have schooled me.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Think Nigerians Abroad Got Low Self Esteem by Emeraldgreene(f): 9:53pm On Mar 15, 2021
[IM DAZED! SO EYE OPENING.I NEVER KNEW ALL THIS.THANKS BRO.uote author=obama30 post=99914072]

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Nigerians Abroad Got Low Self Esteem by Prodigee: 9:56pm On Mar 15, 2021
Oga na facts dem yarn you. This country is too fvcked up. It's even worse as we have no excuse not to be great. If you are saying it's about how old a country is, what about countries like Singapore, Czech Republic, most middle eastern countries and even for here South Africa. We have no damn excuse to be where we are today. Natural resources, land and human manpower sef boku, but still nothing to show for it. This country was doomed from the start as it's foundation is faulty. The current structure of the country cannot work as we are so diverse in many ways. Except a restructuring and going back to true federalism. The amalgamation was a planned arrangement that only favours our former colonial master.
Re: Why I Think Nigerians Abroad Got Low Self Esteem by babakb: 4:47pm On Mar 16, 2021
The way some people use these 2 phrases "Low Self Esteem" and " Inferiority Complex" out of context amazes me.

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Nigerians Abroad Got Low Self Esteem by Saintp(m): 5:31pm On Mar 16, 2021
@OP is one of those people who detest the truth. What the OP wants to hear is for people abroad to say Nigeria is the best thing after slice bread. Then he will be happy and feel good even though deep down in him he knows it is a lie.

I would have thought that the brutal truth being said about Nigeria from Nigerians abroad will provoke Nigerians in Nigeria to rise up and demand better from their leaders. Rather what I see is hatred for people abroad.

If we all start saying that Nigeria in this present situation is better than abroad, who loses?
The guy abroad who may have not witnessed a power failure since he arrived or the guy in Nigeria who is about to be buying fuel at 220naira per liter to put in his generator? This is just an example

@OP, Everything said about abroad are all lies. Abroad is trash and Nigerians there are suffering. Nigeria is far better. I have made your day, you should be happy now��

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Advice, Studying Software Development Abroad / Turkey Visa? What Are The Requirment / Visit The Northen Part Of Benin Republic To View The Beauty Of Nature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.