Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,175 members, 7,867,401 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:29 PM

I.A.R. The Basis Of How To Get The Most Out Of Your Reading Time... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I.A.R. The Basis Of How To Get The Most Out Of Your Reading Time... (117 Views)

Ways To Improve Your Reading Habits / Pathologic Basis Of Disease Textbook For Giveaway / How To Revive Your Reading Culture From Square One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I.A.R. The Basis Of How To Get The Most Out Of Your Reading Time... by planetpgold(m): 5:05pm On Mar 15, 2021
Timothy Here Again,

Welcome to a new week. I hope you were able to use your weekend to study vigorously as usual.

There is a common question that bothers students who are writing this ICAN exam. It goes thus "With everything demanding for my attention, what is the best way to memorize or remember what I study?"

Frankly, understanding how to get the most out of your reading time starts with understanding why we remember things at all, and then figuring out the best way to use that knowledge.

So let’s start with the basics.

For the purposes of reading retention, we can think of our memory as being basically made up of three components:

1. Impression
2. Association
3. Repetition

Let’s go through each one and see how we can make sure we give ourselves the best chance of retaining what we’re reading.

1. Impression - reading with intention. When you’re impressed by something, there’s a much higher probability you’ll remember it. Simply put, Have a study-specific goal in mind.

2. Association - Connect what you’re reading to what you know. As you read and come across new ideas and thoughts, you’ll want to connect these with familiar memories. This creates a mental bond between the old and the new.

3. Repetition - Repeat, revisit, and re-engage. The final factor influencing our memory, and the one that is most important for long-term memorization, is repetition. Without revisiting or re-engaging with the material that you’ve read, there’s a pretty low chance you’ll be able to remember and apply any of that.

Still writing your May 2021 Diet Exams, get your Simplified and Comprehensive Lecture Videos ➕ Q&A that will help you impress, associate and retent whatever you have studied. Call or Chat Admin on 08082366372, 08090820787, 08106989785, 08055828090, 08085835127

Or click on the below link

https://ican.platinumgoldsolutions.com

Dedicated to Your ICAN Exam Success,
Tim Jibodu, FCA

PlatinumGold 360 Solutions... [/b]Your Online, Offline ICAN Lectures Center in Nigeria With World Wide Service Delivery & Highest Passing Rate At One Sitting, Even If You Have Failed Before or Just Starting.

[b]Available in: *Android *Desktop *Downloadable Versions*, for: -ICAN -ATS -CITN -CIS -CIPM Exams

(1) (Reply)

Don't Loss Sleep Over That Research Paper, Let Us Handle It For You! / Guitar Classes In Dubai | Guitar Classes In Karama / Compare And Contrast The Views Of Classical Theorists In Organisational Manage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.