Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,898 members, 7,834,982 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

I Receive Whatsapp Messages Only When The App Is Open - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Receive Whatsapp Messages Only When The App Is Open (1556 Views)

Inability To Receive Whatsapp Verification Code / How To Retract Whatsapp Messages At Anytime Even After A Week! / Can I Receive Whatsapp Messages With Airtel Opera Mini Plan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Receive Whatsapp Messages Only When The App Is Open by eaglejay13(m): 8:22am On Mar 16, 2021
Please how can I correct this error? I have turned on notifications in phone settings, have also done the same in app settings, yet nothing has changed. Any help?
Re: I Receive Whatsapp Messages Only When The App Is Open by Nbotee(m): 8:30am On Mar 16, 2021
Ur background data is restricted meaning the app is restricted from running on the background. First things first check if ur fone is on battery saving mode becos most battery saving mode turns off background data access for most apps

3 Likes

Re: I Receive Whatsapp Messages Only When The App Is Open by Lordpeckxy(m): 9:38am On Mar 16, 2021
Does this happen only with whatsapp, if yes update the whatsapp app, could be a slight bug.

else it could be your mobile device os
Re: I Receive Whatsapp Messages Only When The App Is Open by charlesazeh(m): 10:11am On Mar 16, 2021
Just go to phone setting and check on notification.. whatsapp notification is off.. on it.. not on whatsapp setting o.. phone setting

2 Likes

Re: I Receive Whatsapp Messages Only When The App Is Open by Tastemoney(m): 10:47am On Mar 16, 2021
Deactivate Data save mode

1 Like

Re: I Receive Whatsapp Messages Only When The App Is Open by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 16, 2021

Are you using tecno infinix or itel
 ⚫

1 Like

Re: I Receive Whatsapp Messages Only When The App Is Open by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 16, 2021

if so then go to phone master ⚫
Re: I Receive Whatsapp Messages Only When The App Is Open by lakesidepapa(m): 12:01pm On Mar 16, 2021
Nbotee:
Ur background data is restricted meaning the app is restricted from running on the background. First things first check if ur fone is on battery saving mode becos most battery saving mode turns off background data access for most apps

@op this is the answer to your question.. go to settings, data saver then app, unrestrict the app from running on background.
Re: I Receive Whatsapp Messages Only When The App Is Open by Olobofife(m): 12:19pm On Mar 16, 2021
Valkan:

Op answer thix question
Re: I Receive Whatsapp Messages Only When The App Is Open by HarryDuce(m): 2:58pm On Mar 16, 2021
What is your RAM size? Your RAM might not be large enough to run more than 3 apps in the background.

If this is the case, the app will not run in the background until you open it.
Re: I Receive Whatsapp Messages Only When The App Is Open by eaglejay13(m): 4:09pm On Mar 16, 2021
Valkan:

if so then go to phone master ⚫

I'm using Tecno
Re: I Receive Whatsapp Messages Only When The App Is Open by ITbomb(m): 6:38pm On Mar 16, 2021
eaglejay13:

I'm using Tecno
I told you grin

1 Like

Re: I Receive Whatsapp Messages Only When The App Is Open by eaglejay13(m): 7:11pm On Mar 16, 2021
HarryDuce:
What is your RAM size? Your RAM might not be large enough to run more than 3 apps in the background.

If this is the case, the app will not run in the background until you open it.

Lol, the issue started last week, I've been using the phone before now without issues
Re: I Receive Whatsapp Messages Only When The App Is Open by HarryDuce(m): 7:23pm On Mar 16, 2021
eaglejay13:

Lol, the issue started last week, I've been using the phone before now without issues
Still. . . I had a phone with a similar issue not long ago.

Or it could be something else as well
Re: I Receive Whatsapp Messages Only When The App Is Open by eaglejay13(m): 7:52pm On Mar 16, 2021
Lordpeckxy:
Does this happen only with whatsapp, if yes update the whatsapp app, could be a slight bug.

else it could be your mobile device os

It also happens with telegram
Re: I Receive Whatsapp Messages Only When The App Is Open by Nobody: 8:27pm On Mar 16, 2021
eaglejay13:

I'm using Tecno

ok then open phone master
 tap on toolbox 
 click notification manager
 set WhatsApp to show notification
 so far your data is on whenever you
 get a message you'll be notified
 Immediately⚫
Re: I Receive Whatsapp Messages Only When The App Is Open by KingAlayinde(m): 9:17pm On Mar 16, 2021
eaglejay13:
Please how can I correct this error? I have turned on notifications in phone settings, have also done the same in app settings, yet nothing has changed. Any help?

same with mine infinix hot9 , even when the background is not restricted, try whatsapp business, it do notify
Re: I Receive Whatsapp Messages Only When The App Is Open by gulfer: 9:33pm On Mar 16, 2021
Op might be using one of the cloned variants of WhatsApp especially FMWhatsApp angry angry angry
Change to the original... cool cool cool
Re: I Receive Whatsapp Messages Only When The App Is Open by scarycuteface(m): 1:03am On Mar 17, 2021
Are you using the original whatsapp or a clone? As it is a tecno phone someone already gave a probable solution in the thread
Re: I Receive Whatsapp Messages Only When The App Is Open by Bestchild: 4:31am On Mar 17, 2021
Put off your battery saver if it is on
Re: I Receive Whatsapp Messages Only When The App Is Open by Kayberg: 4:36am On Mar 17, 2021
eaglejay13:

You will be surprised none of the above suggestions would fix it.

Rather, go to:
-SETTINGS
-App and Notifications
-Special App Access
-Unrestricted Data
*and then activate WhatsApp.

Thank me later.

Battery Saver Mode does not affect it.
Re: I Receive Whatsapp Messages Only When The App Is Open by femi4: 5:43am On Mar 17, 2021
eaglejay13:
Unrestrict background data

Put whatsapp in auto start

Put power in normal mode(remove it from save battery)

Activate "Do not optimize" for whatsapp under apps management
Re: I Receive Whatsapp Messages Only When The App Is Open by gogeekish(m): 6:20am On Mar 17, 2021
It is the phone RAM. You have alot of apps swallowing your RAM.

What is happening to iPhone users now is WhatsApp and other apps exiting. In iPhone's case, it is the RAM also.
Re: I Receive Whatsapp Messages Only When The App Is Open by constance500: 7:19am On Mar 17, 2021
eaglejay13:

Goto phone master, setting, protected app, set phonemaster to stop killing the app after closing.. Check app autostart too..

Re: I Receive Whatsapp Messages Only When The App Is Open by eaglejay13(m): 8:46am On Mar 17, 2021
I really thank you all for your contributions. I think the issue has been solved. Thank you all once more
Re: I Receive Whatsapp Messages Only When The App Is Open by Xavier0980: 4:03pm On Mar 17, 2021
gulfer:
Op might be using one of the cloned variants of WhatsApp especially FMWhatsApp angry angry angry
Change to the original... cool cool cool

As far as I know FMWhatsApp is not a clone of WhatsApp but it is a modified version of WhatsApp which has some amazing features and functions that can be used to use official one even more better way and specially it is used for dual WhatsApp at the same time with two different numbers if you want know more about FMWhatsApp then visit here: https://gbapps.net/fmwhatsapp-apk-download/
Re: I Receive Whatsapp Messages Only When The App Is Open by Lordpeckxy(m): 8:23am On Mar 18, 2021
eaglejay13:

It also happens with telegram
What mobile are are using??
Re: I Receive Whatsapp Messages Only When The App Is Open by MrBONE2(m): 8:42am On Mar 18, 2021
eaglejay13:

I'm using Tecno
grin

Re: I Receive Whatsapp Messages Only When The App Is Open by Abiodunspectre(m): 7:46am On Mar 22, 2021
Turn of battery saver.

(1) (Reply)

Tecno Spark 8p Review - Is It Even Worth Buying? / Setting up wlan on n95 / Bb & Nokia Flashing File Downloading Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.