Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

House Rent In Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / House Rent In Canada (738 Views)

How Much Is The Average House Rent In The UK / Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom / How much is house rent in iseyin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

House Rent In Canada by folaolufunmi(f): 8:01pm On Mar 16, 2021
I have been asked so many questions about renting a house in Canada and I will be addressing some of the questions in this post.

1. Is an agency fee required to rent a house in Canada - No, you don't need to pay an agency fee, when house hunting in Canada you need to exercise a lot of caution and patience, there are different scams going on, I remember when I just landed in Canada and I found a house online, I was told to make a payment online and the key will be posted to me,( l laughed) that is number one red flag, please do not fall for it.

2. How easy is it to rent a house in Canada- it can be a little bit of a challenge getting a house when you just arrive in Canada because some landlords request to run a credit check, background check and they ask for letter to show that you work( funny and shocking revelation), you can get around this if you have a relative that can co-sign for you, sometimes they even want you to drop post-dated cheque.

3. What do I need to do when I eventually get a house- read through your tenancy agreement very well and in be ready to drop your first and last month rent

These are some of the questions I have been asked, my word is that settling in Canada is an intentional work , please work on your state of mind and I wish all the best in your immigration journey.
You can watch this video on my YouTube channel on Canada expectations and reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95axglcj4fo&t=2s

(1) (Reply)

Best Bank To Withdraw As A Foreigner In Brazil(photo) / .... / Foreign University Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.