Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,649 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:50 AM

Naira-4-dollar Scheme Ends May 8, Banks Tell Customers - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira-4-dollar Scheme Ends May 8, Banks Tell Customers (34844 Views)

Naira 4 Dollar Scheme: 7 Fold Surge In Diaspora Weekly Remittances, To $40m / CBN Introduces ‘naira 4 Dollar Scheme’ For Diaspora Remittances / CBN Introduces ‘Naira 4 Dollar Scheme’ For Diaspora Remittances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira-4-dollar Scheme Ends May 8, Banks Tell Customers by racerve(m): 6:16am On Mar 17, 2021
Whois:
Cbn is doing 5 naira give away for every $1 you receive

Off topic I met a friend that just got back from UK he actually informed me about this loophole about a month ago he said he found out it is profitable to withdraw £ or $ inside banking hall then go exchange at a BDC and now cbn has made it a legal hustle

Why would anyone stress themselves going to queue up in the bank, only for them to tell you no dollar.

You try other banks, until you find one that can pay out.

Afterwards you go look for aboki. Aboki gives you Naira, then you go back to the bank for another round of queuing to deposit the money in your account.

All this stress for N5?

When I can fund my Binance account with USD and do P2P. Within 15mins I have the Naira in my bank account.

If Buhari is serious about increasing FX inflow, he would unify the exchange rate. No reason why banks can't convert FX remittances (at the market rate) and deposit the Naira equivalent in customers' account.

But he won't, because his fellow Aboki are the ones running BDCs.
Re: Naira-4-dollar Scheme Ends May 8, Banks Tell Customers by Gobdddd(m): 6:25am On Mar 17, 2021
CBN no get sense.

Scene 1

U send me $100, I go amawusa, change am for #480, being #48,000

Scene 2

U send me $100, I go bank collect am for #360, being 36,500. Then you also give me #5 for every one USD, being #5000.
36,500+5000=41,500.

As a Nigerian, Which one you go choose?

Mumu CBN

1 Like

Re: Naira-4-dollar Scheme Ends May 8, Banks Tell Customers by Okoroawusa: 6:33am On Mar 17, 2021
Alhajikbee1:
How come I never heard of the scheme
Iganukwanu? After emekaria na argument. Ofeke amaghi oge ekere nkwu oka.
Re: Naira-4-dollar Scheme Ends May 8, Banks Tell Customers by Okoroawusa: 6:36am On Mar 17, 2021
Gobdddd:
CBN no get sense.

Scene 1

Scene 2

U send me $100, I go bank collect am for #360, being 36,500. Then you also give me #5 for every one USD, being #5000.
36,500+5000=41,500.

Mumu CBN
Are you sure that you have been in Nigeria recently or have anyone send you money from abroad recently?
Banks can't change your dollars anymore. You pick your dollars from the bank and convert anywhere you want.

See as you displayed your ignorance on social media... mgbeke feeling funky
Re: Naira-4-dollar Scheme Ends May 8, Banks Tell Customers by PAWG(m): 6:41am On Mar 17, 2021
Okoroawusa:

Are you sure that you have been in Nigeria recently or have anyone send you money from abroad recently?
Banks can't change your dollars anymore. You pick your dollars from the bank and convert anywhere you want.

See as you displayed your ignorance on social media... mgbeke feeling funky

I think you’re the one who’s ill informed here, no offense
Re: Naira-4-dollar Scheme Ends May 8, Banks Tell Customers by Tonytonex(m): 7:05am On Mar 17, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

If you receive 10 dollars, you will get 50 naira

Meaning you will get 10 dollars and also 50 naira
that's nothing na. it's too small
Re: Naira-4-dollar Scheme Ends May 8, Banks Tell Customers by zolajpower: 7:31am On Mar 17, 2021
SirBunky85:
when did this naira to dollar stuff start?
Ask emefiele the cbn gov
Re: Naira-4-dollar Scheme Ends May 8, Banks Tell Customers by shagamite: 7:34am On Mar 17, 2021
zolajpower:
angry
I got a thousand naira today for receiving$200 from my African American fiancee grin
sorry was it send through WU or worldremit , heard it's suspended how true?
Re: Naira-4-dollar Scheme Ends May 8, Banks Tell Customers by MT: 7:40am On Mar 17, 2021
[quote author=austinvsb post=99944009]This is actually a very smart idea from the CBN. [/quote

I can't see anything smart here. I have a feeling that since FG seems to be low on dollars due to low sale of crude oil, they are trying to get dollars from remittances abroad. However, they are using our naira as a bait. If this is the situation, I guess it is bad for the economy.

Till I know how much they exchange a dollar for, I can then draw my conclusion effectively.
Re: Naira-4-dollar Scheme Ends May 8, Banks Tell Customers by MT: 7:45am On Mar 17, 2021
playpaz:
If someone send 10 dollar to you, bank won't pay you Naira. They will pay you your 10 usd plus 5 Naira on each dollar which in this case is 50 naira.

If this is the case, why does the FG turning to "father Xmas", wasting the hard earned naira. The guys will collect and dollars and still proceed to black market to change their dollars, which they have collected NGN 5 per dollar. What is the objective of this scheme?
Re: Naira-4-dollar Scheme Ends May 8, Banks Tell Customers by zolajpower: 8:03am On Mar 17, 2021
shagamite:

sorry was it send through WU or worldremit , heard it's suspended how true?
I don't know all I know is I got my incentive shikena
Re: Naira-4-dollar Scheme Ends May 8, Banks Tell Customers by YorubaLord: 8:07am On Mar 17, 2021
meme24:

Ok. Did your friend you sent 15K to her dom account, did she receive the naira equivalent? I asked someone in the bank that if I do wire transfer from my foreign account to my nigeria dom account, I don't get the naira incentive.

Yes. She had to go into the bank to be able to collect the incentive. The can see a trajectory of the Dollar inflow and it doesn't matter if you own both foreign and domestic accts.
Re: Naira-4-dollar Scheme Ends May 8, Banks Tell Customers by LilMissRobbie(f): 9:44am On Mar 17, 2021
Theoutsider:

and you are a feminist who hates men. your point?

Look at someone that I'm trying to save from being scammed. Go ahead and part wit your money. Sorry for bothering you, do have a nice day.
Re: Naira-4-dollar Scheme Ends May 8, Banks Tell Customers by Dradetosinije: 9:50am On Mar 17, 2021
Livelystone01:

Banks are giving #5 for every dollar received at the moment.
This means if you were sent $100, you will receive it plus #500 as incentive.

Last week Friday, I got some cash as incentive after collecting my actual dollar through Western Union from UBA over here in PH.

Okay dey give the 5 naira/$ when you are collecting the dollar.
How much you dey change and for which bureau d change?
Re: Naira-4-dollar Scheme Ends May 8, Banks Tell Customers by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 17, 2021
Ikinternational:
One of the dumbest cbn policy is disallowing direct deposits to naira accounts from abroad.

They really messed up a lot of Nigerians.

Something very very convenient. N they thought best to take it away from the customer.

They effectively killed small transfers. (35k or less)
Honestly, it is total crap, I have projects in Nigeria and cannot get on with it, because i am unable to pay into my Access bank Account. Here i am hoading 1000s of £££ in barclays bank.
Re: Naira-4-dollar Scheme Ends May 8, Banks Tell Customers by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 17, 2021
Henix:

How much is dollar at black market, and how much is the bank's exchange rate? I don't think N5 incentive is enough for people to stop taking their dollar to the Aboki at black market
Honestly, it is total rubbish, Aboki is always the best option for me, they are usually there at the point of arrival ready to exchange 10k £££ to Naira. No queues, No long bank process.

I cannot wait for this rubbish to end so i can pay directly into my Access bank. It has affected me badly, i couldn't get on with my projects.
Re: Naira-4-dollar Scheme Ends May 8, Banks Tell Customers by Maduawuchukwu(m): 10:58am On Mar 17, 2021
What is the intended objective of this scheme? Is it to raise the value of the Naira by encouraging diasporans to send more dollars home as their recipients will benefit extra 5 Naira or is to enable the Naira by encouraging recipients to convert their received dollars to Naira at the point of collection?
Re: Naira-4-dollar Scheme Ends May 8, Banks Tell Customers by Livelystone01: 12:54pm On Mar 17, 2021
Dradetosinije:

Okay dey give the 5 naira/$ when you are collecting the dollar.
How much you dey change and for which bureau d change?
I don't change at the banks, I take my money out and go to those at the black market because they buy higher.

Banks buy dollar at #408/$ while those guys buy at #460-477/$
Re: Naira-4-dollar Scheme Ends May 8, Banks Tell Customers by ProElite: 1:23pm On Mar 17, 2021
I even sense that $0 is higher that zero Naira
Re: Naira-4-dollar Scheme Ends May 8, Banks Tell Customers by Trybes(m): 1:49pm On Mar 17, 2021
Henrydonland:
They are only depreciating naira value.But wait I forgot naira doesn't have value again grin.
You are correct. From the look of things naira would depreciate further this year. It may touch 600/$
Re: Naira-4-dollar Scheme Ends May 8, Banks Tell Customers by Impactever(m): 4:50pm On Mar 17, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

That is because when you receive money through domiciliary accounts, it is not seen as remittance. That is bank to bank transactions

International money transfer organization is all about remittance and the cbn naira to dollars promo is for only remittance

You are the only person here who have given a better and more comprehensive explanation with respect to the term" remittance" of the CBN Dollar-for-Naira policy.....

I also wish to ask, can payment from international online betting sites (e.g Bet365 that pays in Dollars, Euro and pound) be regarded as remittance

Thanks in anticipation of your answer,...
Re: Naira-4-dollar Scheme Ends May 8, Banks Tell Customers by Impactever(m): 5:15pm On Mar 17, 2021
tit:

then efcc go come catch you for night

hahahaha.........the EFCC coming to catch him at night ..... got me laughing so hard ......
Re: Naira-4-dollar Scheme Ends May 8, Banks Tell Customers by Theoutsider: 6:19pm On Mar 17, 2021
LilMissRobbie:

Look at someone that I'm trying to save from being scammed. Go ahead and part wit your money. Sorry for bothering you, do have a nice day.

Feminist want to be in spaces prominently men and than whine and complain. Why not go to female lead forums where your future is bright?

I can handle this on my own.. wink
Re: Naira-4-dollar Scheme Ends May 8, Banks Tell Customers by Tats(m): 12:06pm On Mar 18, 2021
Gobdddd:
CBN no get sense.

Scene 1

Scene 2

36,500+5000=41,500.

Mumu CBN

Your calculation is not correct. You get N500 for $100
Re: Naira-4-dollar Scheme Ends May 8, Banks Tell Customers by IjeBos(m): 10:22pm On Mar 18, 2021
Henix:

How much is dollar at black market, and how much is the bank's exchange rate? I don't think N5 incentive is enough for people to stop taking their dollar to the Aboki at black market

$1000 at bank rate = ~388, 000
$1000 at black market = ~480,000

You decide if it's worth it.
Re: Naira-4-dollar Scheme Ends May 8, Banks Tell Customers by Naviystiles(m): 12:32pm On Mar 30, 2021
racerve:

Why would anyone stress themselves going to queue up in the bank, only for them to tell you no dollar.

You try other banks, until you find one that can pay out.

Afterwards you go look for aboki. Aboki gives you Naira, then you go back to the bank for another round of queuing to deposit the money in your account.

All this stress for N5?

When I can fund my Binance account with USD and do P2P. Within 15mins I have the Naira in my bank account.

If Buhari is serious about increasing FX inflow, he would unify the exchange rate. No reason why banks can't convert FX remittances (at the market rate) and deposit the Naira equivalent in customers' account.

But he won't, because his fellow Aboki are the ones running BDCs.

how do you credit with USD pls orientate me
Re: Naira-4-dollar Scheme Ends May 8, Banks Tell Customers by racerve(m): 12:50pm On Mar 30, 2021
Naviystiles:
how do you credit with USD pls orientate me

In my own case I'm transferring money to myself from my foreign bank account. I deposit Euros in my Binance account via bank transfer, then convert to USDT.

If I'm sending to someone else, I ask them to create a Binance account, and then transfer the tokens from my account to theirs.
Re: Naira-4-dollar Scheme Ends May 8, Banks Tell Customers by Naviystiles(m): 1:06pm On Mar 30, 2021
racerve:

In my own case I'm transferring money to myself from my foreign bank account. I deposit Euros in my Binance account via bank transfer, then convert to USDT.

If I'm sending to someone else, I ask them to create a Binance account, and then transfer the tokens from my account to theirs.
you have a foreign account? Not just a normal dorm bank account
Re: Naira-4-dollar Scheme Ends May 8, Banks Tell Customers by racerve(m): 1:40pm On Mar 30, 2021
Naviystiles:
you have a foreign account? Not just a normal dorm bank account

Yes.

Although if you want to fund your account from Nigeria, you just have to take the same steps in reverse: buy USDT with Naira via Binance P2P.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market / Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat / Which Business Can One Do With ₦1.5 Million?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.