Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,619 members, 7,820,199 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Umahi And Sen. Okorocha Talks About Contesting In 2023 Presidential Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi And Sen. Okorocha Talks About Contesting In 2023 Presidential Election (360 Views)

Capital Oil And Sen Ubah Make Statement On AMCON Dispute / Nine Nigerians Contesting In Tuesday’s U.S. Elections / Shettima: Anyone Above 70 Years Should Forget About Contesting For President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umahi And Sen. Okorocha Talks About Contesting In 2023 Presidential Election by Newsman01: 8:04am On Mar 17, 2021
undecidedAlthough the next Presidential election is next two years, but some Nigerian Politician have come out to make their intentions known to the people of Nigeria. While Some are denying the fact that they want to clinch the top position, some well-known politician have publicly declared their intentions through their public statements and recent political move.

The Southeast region of the country have made case that everything being equal, that the Nigerian people are supposed to give the Igbos the chance to rule the nation once the Government of President Muhammadu Buhari is over.

Two Southeast politicians, Governor David Umahi and Senator Rochas Okorocha have made their verbal demand that there is need to give Igbos the chance to occupy the Aso Rock.

Concerning his intention of him to run for the seat of the Presidency, The executive Governor of Ebonyi state, David Umahi decamped from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressives Congress (APC).

While giving reasons for his sudden move, he said that he has raised new concerns over who he will take over from President Muhammadu Buhari.

He said that he left the PDP because the party is not ready to pick their 2023 Presidential candidate from the Southeast, which has not produced a President since Nigeria started practicing Democracy in 1999.

Another Southeastern Top politician who has made his presidential ambition known is the Former Governor of Imo state, Rochas Okorocha.

On 15th day of March, 2021, Torixus reported that the Senator representing Imo West visited Former President Olusegun Obasanjo in Ogun state in his bid to run for the seat of the Presidency.

"Paid a courtesy visit to Fmr. President Olusegun Obasanjo today at the Obasanjo Library Abeokuta, Ogun state ... We must consult our elder statesmen from time to time to move the nation forward." He said.

On 12th March, President of Rochas Foundation, also paid a visit to the Sokoto state Governor, Honorable Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, as he continues to build bridges of friendship ahead of next two years.

In the same vain, the two-time IMO state Governor said he has been racing to become Nigerian President since the past 20 years. I have made the reveal while addressing a group of Nigerian youths.

He told the Youths under the society of ‘Forward with Anayo Rochas Okorocha (FOWARO 2023)’ that he failed three times at primary level from 2001 to date.

In conclusion, I have told the Nigerian youths that the next Presidential election would be different from the other ones and that he would occupy Aso rock this time.

Source: https://www.torixus.com/2021/03/two-igbo-politicians-that-ive-declared.html

Re: Umahi And Sen. Okorocha Talks About Contesting In 2023 Presidential Election by PrinceOfLagos: 8:14am On Mar 17, 2021
I will support any candidate except Tinubu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umahi And Sen. Okorocha Talks About Contesting In 2023 Presidential Election by dumahi(m): 8:22am On Mar 17, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
I will support any candidate except Tinubu
WARNING!!! Tinubu is far better than El-Rufai oh. Tinubu will only steal while the Kaduna hell will also kill. Hmmm, I no go talk am again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umahi And Sen. Okorocha Talks About Contesting In 2023 Presidential Election by Willy7(m): 8:37am On Mar 17, 2021
Umahi to me stands a better chance and should be considered than Rochas. My joy is that Rochas became a governor and that allowed us see how useless his administration would've been if he was given the opportunity to be president those years he was pulling crowd and we thought he had something to offer. Rochas is all smoke and no substance. He failed as a governor, he is failing as a senator, so what makes him think he will make a better president? Umahi has a proven record of success already as a serving governor. He is focused, determined and has vision.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi And Sen. Okorocha Talks About Contesting In 2023 Presidential Election by triple996(m): 9:54am On Mar 17, 2021
shege

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Video: Precious Lied, I Was Never Threatened By FFK, Says Ex-pa Gbenga / The Isreali Civil Guard Model A Solution To Nigeria Insecurity Challanges / The World Is A Place Of Jungle, What Fulani, UK, USA Meted To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.