Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Benjamin Kalu: Abia Accounts For 300 Out Of 2300 Gully Erosion Sites In SE - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benjamin Kalu: Abia Accounts For 300 Out Of 2300 Gully Erosion Sites In SE (5907 Views)

Mascot Kalu: Abia Too Backward, We Need Strong, Prepared Leader Like Me / Supporters Storm Orji Kalu's Abia Residence, Reaffirm Support For Him, APC / Anambra Has Over 1,000 Gully Erosion Sites – Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benjamin Kalu: Abia Accounts For 300 Out Of 2300 Gully Erosion Sites In SE by Metrix147: 8:09am On Mar 17, 2021
Member representing Bende Federal Constituency, Hon. Benjamin Kalu has revealed that the whole of South East geopolitical zone has about 2300 gullies out of which Abia has 300.

According to Hon. Kalu, this poses a land degradation challenge in the region, adding that it is the biggest impact of climate change the region has felt.

Speaking on a radio programme, Ben Kalu's Mandate monitored by ABN TV in Umuahia, the lawmaker said Anambra accounts for about 700 in the number of gullies in the region while Ebonyi has 350, Enugu 400 while Imo has 450.

He lamented that in Bende his constituency, the people are suffering the impact of gully erosion which he said formed part of his first motion in June 2019 when he came to National Assembly.

According to Hon. Kalu, in Amankalu Alai, about 4 kilometres of land has been affected by gully erosion leading to loss of farmlands and displacement of the people.

Etiti Ulo, Itumbuzo Road he said is also affected as well as several other areas.

He expressed gratitude that President Muhammadu has approved the construction of a bridge in Mkpa that will reduce the burden of the people.

The consultant he said has visited the site twice ready to commence work in a matter of weeks which will also include the construction of a 5-kilometre road.

https://abntv.com.ng/2021/03/abia-accounts-for-300-out-of-2300-gully-erosion-sites-in-south-east-hon-benjamin-kalu/

1 Share

Re: Benjamin Kalu: Abia Accounts For 300 Out Of 2300 Gully Erosion Sites In SE by PrinceOfLagos: 8:10am On Mar 17, 2021
One thing I've come to like about Ibo people is that they face there problem without running away to refugee camps

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benjamin Kalu: Abia Accounts For 300 Out Of 2300 Gully Erosion Sites In SE by dumahi(m): 8:15am On Mar 17, 2021
Horrible statistics! You can't understand this until you see a real-life gully erosion site. I tell you, only Boko Haram and herdsmen come close.

4 Likes

Re: Benjamin Kalu: Abia Accounts For 300 Out Of 2300 Gully Erosion Sites In SE by Mabizeka: 8:17am On Mar 17, 2021
Thank God there's nothing of such down here in the west

9 Likes

Re: Benjamin Kalu: Abia Accounts For 300 Out Of 2300 Gully Erosion Sites In SE by OkoNDOoBo: 8:23am On Mar 17, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
One thing I've come to like about Ibo people is that they face there problem without running away to refugee camps
when will they face the bad governance in Abiacheesy

28 Likes

Re: Benjamin Kalu: Abia Accounts For 300 Out Of 2300 Gully Erosion Sites In SE by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 17, 2021
Abia state is a total mess
No good water
Smelly Street
Poverty capital of Nigeria
Bad road
Cluless governor
Highest economic migration to other states

Omo I just tire cry

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benjamin Kalu: Abia Accounts For 300 Out Of 2300 Gully Erosion Sites In SE by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 17, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Like Abia economic migrants running to Lagos and South West bah?

Abians are running away from their problem to start demanding the same thing that led to their failure in their host state.

32 Likes

Re: Benjamin Kalu: Abia Accounts For 300 Out Of 2300 Gully Erosion Sites In SE by PrinceOfLagos: 8:33am On Mar 17, 2021
SuperBold:

Like Abia economic migrants running to Lagos and South West bah?

Abians are running away from their problem to start demanding the same thing that led to their failure in their host state.
It's better to be economic migrant than to be a refugee in a poorer country like Benin republic

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benjamin Kalu: Abia Accounts For 300 Out Of 2300 Gully Erosion Sites In SE by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 17, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

It's better to be economic migrant than to be a refugee in a poorer country like Benin republic

grin cheesy it is better what? You people secretly love fulani and have this tribe fetishism of Fulani dominating you. That is why you like shouting their name all the time.

No Yoruba is seeking refugee anywhere, Benin is even part of Yorubaland. When we are through with fulani, we will send you back to meet the likes of Nwafor James, Ikpeazu, Obiano and Peter Obi, you seems to have forgotten about the hardship that forced you to leave alaigbo. You will remember by force.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Benjamin Kalu: Abia Accounts For 300 Out Of 2300 Gully Erosion Sites In SE by PrinceOfLagos: 8:57am On Mar 17, 2021
SuperBold:

grin cheesy it is better what? You people secretly love fulani and have this tribe fetishism of Fulani dominating you. That is why you like shouting their name all the time.

No Yoruba is seeking refugee anywhere, Benin is even part of Yorubaland. When we are through with fulani, we will send you back to meet the likes of Nwafor James, Ikpeazu, Obiano and Peter Obi, you seems to have forgotten about the hardship that forced you to leave alaigbo. You will remember by force.
I am Yoruba and I won't join your likes in hating other tribes .

The fact that I stand on the path of truth doesn't make me Hausa, Fulani or Ibo.

I'm still Yoruba and by far patriotic than you could ever be .

The hatred we Yoruba people ha planted in our heart over other tribes is why we are where we are today, Refugees in another man's country .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benjamin Kalu: Abia Accounts For 300 Out Of 2300 Gully Erosion Sites In SE by Nobody: 9:02am On Mar 17, 2021
Mabizeka:
Thank God there's nothing of such down here in the west
Then you havent been to ogun, osun
Re: Benjamin Kalu: Abia Accounts For 300 Out Of 2300 Gully Erosion Sites In SE by Mabizeka: 9:02am On Mar 17, 2021
SuperBold:

Shut up you almajiri
Re: Benjamin Kalu: Abia Accounts For 300 Out Of 2300 Gully Erosion Sites In SE by unite4real: 9:02am On Mar 17, 2021
300 is below average out of 2300, so whats the big deal here.

there are 5 states in the south east, so if Abia has 300, it doesnt make news.
Re: Benjamin Kalu: Abia Accounts For 300 Out Of 2300 Gully Erosion Sites In SE by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:02am On Mar 17, 2021
Our own darling Abia State?!

It is well

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Benjamin Kalu: Abia Accounts For 300 Out Of 2300 Gully Erosion Sites In SE by RichDad1(m): 9:02am On Mar 17, 2021
Gully land.

8 Likes

Re: Benjamin Kalu: Abia Accounts For 300 Out Of 2300 Gully Erosion Sites In SE by Guapismo: 9:02am On Mar 17, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

The fact that I stand on the path of truth doesn't make me Hausa, Fulani or Ibo.

The hatred we Yoruba people ha planted in our heart over other tribes is why we are where we are today, Refugees in another man's country .

You yoruba, Oniro

Which Yoruba do you seeing going to benin, refugees without a single picture evidence, it's all propaganda na

15 Likes

Re: Benjamin Kalu: Abia Accounts For 300 Out Of 2300 Gully Erosion Sites In SE by adesegun121(m): 9:03am On Mar 17, 2021
Ok
Re: Benjamin Kalu: Abia Accounts For 300 Out Of 2300 Gully Erosion Sites In SE by omowolewa: 9:03am On Mar 17, 2021
Measuring erosion by site may be misleading, that report is saying Abia accounts for less than 10% of erosion sites.

We should be looking at magnitude, some erosion site in Abia, Umuahia-Bende axis can stomach Cocoa House without belle full.

7 Likes

Re: Benjamin Kalu: Abia Accounts For 300 Out Of 2300 Gully Erosion Sites In SE by Henvest: 9:03am On Mar 17, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

You mean Benin republic IDP camp? grin grin grin
Re: Benjamin Kalu: Abia Accounts For 300 Out Of 2300 Gully Erosion Sites In SE by RichDad1(m): 9:05am On Mar 17, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Werey Dey disguise.
Why aren’t you lot proud of where you came from ? Always forming attaché up and down.
Yoruba ko, anago ni.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benjamin Kalu: Abia Accounts For 300 Out Of 2300 Gully Erosion Sites In SE by Houseofglam7(f): 9:05am On Mar 17, 2021
undecided
Re: Benjamin Kalu: Abia Accounts For 300 Out Of 2300 Gully Erosion Sites In SE by Simplyleo: 9:05am On Mar 17, 2021
SuperBold:
Abia state is a total mess
No good water
Smelly Street
Poverty capital of Nigeria
Bad road
Cluless governor
Highest economic migration to other states

Omo I just tire cry

12 Likes

Re: Benjamin Kalu: Abia Accounts For 300 Out Of 2300 Gully Erosion Sites In SE by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:06am On Mar 17, 2021
SAY NO TO TRIBALISM y'all!

Let us remain civil on this forum and report to the moderators anyone who bring some tribalism bs here.

God bless Nigeria.

kajagaf758:
Good morning
Good morning jare....

Just look at some people comparing erosion sites from their states to other states, saying our erosion sites no reach your own.
Shamelessness at its peak!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Benjamin Kalu: Abia Accounts For 300 Out Of 2300 Gully Erosion Sites In SE by Simplyleo: 9:08am On Mar 17, 2021
With the small size of Abia state and getting averagely same allocation with Kano, Niger, Kaduna, Sokoto etc, they can't address this gully erosion. Abia is smaller than some Local Govt Areas in the North and its allocations running into hundreds of billions, yet just take a look at the streets.

Yet, they are everywhere screaming Tinubu and Buhari. Smh. undecided

16 Likes

Re: Benjamin Kalu: Abia Accounts For 300 Out Of 2300 Gully Erosion Sites In SE by Coldie(m): 9:09am On Mar 17, 2021
post=99954684:
Our own darling Abia State?!

It is well
If this kind of thing was happening in some regions they would have been living in refugee camps by now
Re: Benjamin Kalu: Abia Accounts For 300 Out Of 2300 Gully Erosion Sites In SE by Coldie(m): 9:09am On Mar 17, 2021
If only south east as small as it is has 2300 erosion sites wetin come remain to use form BIAFRA na

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benjamin Kalu: Abia Accounts For 300 Out Of 2300 Gully Erosion Sites In SE by Prodigee: 9:11am On Mar 17, 2021
Igbo Amaka!

2 Likes

Re: Benjamin Kalu: Abia Accounts For 300 Out Of 2300 Gully Erosion Sites In SE by nedu666: 9:14am On Mar 17, 2021
When did this mumu rep go around the east to count the erosion sites.
How come all the erosion sites are in round figures
.....anambra 700, abia 300, enugu 400. That tells you dude is lying. He is laying down tactics for constituency projects to be listed in the budget for his looting pleasure

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] / Senator Daduut Congratulates Tinubu For Victory In APC Presidential Primary / Abba Yusuf: I Had No ‘Defection’ Agreement With Presidency Over Court Verdict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.