Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,464 members, 7,836,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

The Law Is A Sinister And Demonic Attempt To Stifle The Church - Bishop Oyedepo - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Law Is A Sinister And Demonic Attempt To Stifle The Church - Bishop Oyedepo (420 Views)

Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Law Is A Sinister And Demonic Attempt To Stifle The Church - Bishop Oyedepo by MuguVideosCom: 11:14am On Mar 17, 2021
The law is a sinister and demonic attempt to stifle the church - Bishop Oyedepo kicks against CAMA

Bishop David Oyedepo of the Living Faith Church, David Oyedepo, has kicked against the Companies and Allied Matters Act 2020 signed into law by President Buhari on August 7, 2020.

The law allows the regulation of religious bodies and charity organizations by the registrar-general of the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and a minister, and also gives the commission power to suspend the trustees of an association or a religious body and appoint an interim manager or managers to coordinate its affairs.

The Christian Association of Nigeria CAN has filed a lawsuit against the law.

Reacting to the law during a service at the headquarters of the Church, Canaanland, Ota in Ogun State recently, Oyedepo said the law is a sinister, demonic attempt to stifle the church. According to him, the church is one of the greatest assets of this nation today. He argued that the government has no business with the runnings of the church. He stated that the law will never work.

"Just before we leave, there was this sinister document that came on a name, Company and Allied Matters Act. And the same thing that was done some years ago, when the Holy Ghost instructed me to warn the people, is repeated here. One, this is one most undemocratic policy forever.

Let me quickly correct..the church is not a company. You better understand. That registrar general has the power to remove trustees of the church and close the church's account, and that does not require any court validation.

Well, I know this must be from someone who woke up from the wrong side of the bed. Please, note this is a warning from the Lord so that I can be free from your blood. This will never work! Now, please note that church runs on patterns delivered by God. He said that you do all things according to the patterns shown to you on the mountain. Moses went to the Lord, set a man over this congregation, not to the government.

Government has no power to appoint people over churches. No power at all. In case you are not aware, this is a secular nation. Freedom of worship is part of our fundamental human rights in this country. This is a sinister, demonic attempt to stifle the church. The church is one of the greatest assets of this nation today. Please, be warned! I have that prophetic obligation wherever the gang-up may come from, be warned. Be warned.

Judgment is closer than ever. Be warned. I have been still. God said, and I have long held my peace. But now will I rise as a travailing woman. Anybody that may have been bought with the money, whatever the thing it is, that is part of this deal, it is poison you're toiling with.

The bad news for all of them is that it will not work. Amen. Halleluyah. This will never work. I'm waiting for a day where anybody by whatever name will appoint a trustee in this ministry."he said

Re: The Law Is A Sinister And Demonic Attempt To Stifle The Church - Bishop Oyedepo by MuguVideosCom: 11:16am On Mar 17, 2021
Re: The Law Is A Sinister And Demonic Attempt To Stifle The Church - Bishop Oyedepo by optionalY09: 11:17am On Mar 17, 2021
MuguVideosCom:
Bishop David Oyedepo of the Living Faith Church, David Oyedepo, has kicked against the Companies and Allied Matters Act 2020 signed into law by President Buhari on August 7, 2020.

The law allows the regulation of religious bodies and charity organizations by the registrar-general of the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and a minister, and also gives the commission power to suspend the trustees of an association or a religious body and appoint an interim manager or managers to coordinate its affairs.

Reacting to the law during a service at the headquarters of the Church, Canaanland, Ota in Ogun State recently, Oyedepo said the law is a sinister, demonic attempt to stifle the church. According to him, the church is one of the greatest assets of this nation today. He argued that the government has no business with the runnings of the church. He stated that the law will never work.

"Just before we leave, there was this sinister document that came on a name, Company and Allied Matters Act. And the same thing that was done some years ago, when the Holy Ghost instructed me to warn the people, is repeated here. One, this is one most undemocratic policy forever.

Let me quickly correct..the church is not a company. You better understand. That registrar general has the power to remove trustees of the church and close the church's account, and that does not require any court validation.

Well, I know this must be from someone who woke up from the wrong side of the bed. Please, note this is a warning from the Lord so that I can be free from your blood. This will never work! Now, please note that church runs on patterns delivered by God. He said that you do all things according to the patterns shown to you on the mountain. Moses went to the Lord, set a man over this congregation, not to the government.

Government has no power to appoint people over churches. No power at all. In case you are not aware, this is a secular nation. Freedom of worship is part of our fundamental human rights in this country. This is a sinister, demonic attempt to stifle the church. The church is one of the greatest assets of this nation today. Please, be warned! I have that prophetic obligation wherever the gang-up may come from, be warned. Be warned.

Judgment is closer than ever. Be warned. I have been still. God said, and I have long held my peace. But now will I rise as a travailing woman. Anybody that may have been bought with the money, whatever the thing it is, that is part of this deal, it is poison you're toiling with.

The bad news for all of them is that it will not work. Amen. Halleluyah. This will never work. I'm waiting for a day where anybody by whatever name will appoint a trustee in this ministry."he said

If it’s all about the Church you can go to hell with your church. What happens to humanity

Where have you people been with all these attacks on humanity. Note the Church is not greater than humanity

1 Like

Re: The Law Is A Sinister And Demonic Attempt To Stifle The Church - Bishop Oyedepo by optionalY09: 11:18am On Mar 17, 2021
MuguVideosCom:

If it’s all about the Church you can go to hell with your church. What happens to humanity

Where have you people been with all these attacks on humanity. Note the Church is not greater than humanity. Speak for humanity then the Church will stand
Re: The Law Is A Sinister And Demonic Attempt To Stifle The Church - Bishop Oyedepo by Tolexander: 11:51am On Mar 17, 2021
Wao, Church is an asset?
Little wonder they’ve turned it to a profit making venture.

Talking about Government not having anything to do with the church, it is well known that Anglican was one of the major churches that brought Christianity to Nigeria. English Government started Anglican Church after severing it from the Papal control and controlling it through the ArchBishop of Canterbury.

If the Government has been funding the church through the state money, Oyedepo will never talk against the government.

Oyedepo was banned by the UK Government from entering UK, why can’t he rise against the UK government and accuse them of fighting against the church, since his ban was based on church and financial related matter?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Law Is A Sinister And Demonic Attempt To Stifle The Church - Bishop Oyedepo by roundman: 12:33pm On Mar 17, 2021
Tolexander:
Wao, Church is an asset!
Little wonder it is a profit making venture.

Talking about Government not having anything to do with the church, it is well known that Anglican was one of the major churches that brought Christianity to Nigeria. Government started Anglican Church after severing it from the Papal control and controlling it through the ArchBishop of Canterbury.

If the Government has been funding the church through the state money, Oyedepo will never talk against the government
Re: The Law Is A Sinister And Demonic Attempt To Stifle The Church - Bishop Oyedepo by roundman: 12:36pm On Mar 17, 2021
Can he say this in the UK? Funny man.
Re: The Law Is A Sinister And Demonic Attempt To Stifle The Church - Bishop Oyedepo by budaatum: 12:56pm On Mar 17, 2021
budaatum:

Actually, it is we the people who are not concerned! No noise from Russia churches was not imposed by politicians, but by the people who elected the politicians who would tell the churches to turn the noise down and support them when they told them.

If you go to the church and mosque in Nigeria to tell them to turn down their noise, your neighbours will look at you like na you born satan and your father is devil, and they will cross the road when they see you coming and that's if they don't burn your house down. And if you are a politician and you tell church and mosque to turn their noise down, the only post you'll get elected to is chairman of your own dining table, and that's if you have a table to dine on.

When we the people become sufficiently concerned, we shall raise up 'do not disturb the neighborhood with your god' leaders from amongst us who will tell church and mosque to shut the fuq up. But until we do, I pray Lord Gods that they continue to disturb your sleep with their noise until you become responsible enough to do whatever it takes to make people worship their Gods with love for their sleeping neighbours.

Say aleluya allah akuba amen.
Re: The Law Is A Sinister And Demonic Attempt To Stifle The Church - Bishop Oyedepo by ShaqFu: 12:59pm On Mar 17, 2021
Tolexander:
Wao, Church is an asset!

Talking about Government not having anything to do with the church, it is well known that Anglican was one of the major churches that brought Christianity to Nigeria. English Government started Anglican Church after severing it from the Papal control and controlling it through the ArchBishop of Canterbury.

If the Government has been funding the church through the state money, Oyedepo will never talk against the government.

Oyedepo was banned by the UK Government, why can’t he rise against the UK government and accuse them of fighting against the church, since his ban was based on church and financial related matter
The church that doesn't pay tax or generate any form of revenue for the government is an asset? I ask, asset to who exactly, the government or Oyedepo?
Re: The Law Is A Sinister And Demonic Attempt To Stifle The Church - Bishop Oyedepo by Tolexander: 1:01pm On Mar 17, 2021
ShaqFu:
The church that doesn't pay tax or generate any form of revenue for the government is an asset? I ask, asset to who exactly, the government or Oyedepo?
asset to the government of Oyedepo
Re: The Law Is A Sinister And Demonic Attempt To Stifle The Church - Bishop Oyedepo by ShaqFu: 1:10pm On Mar 17, 2021
Tolexander:
asset to the government of Oyedepo
Lol. To think he even have the effrontery to start lampooning the government is laughable.

The way he usually speak to the FG, I wonder why he can't speak to the UK government like that? Lol.

Bros no where him level reach. grin cheesy
Re: The Law Is A Sinister And Demonic Attempt To Stifle The Church - Bishop Oyedepo by budaatum: 1:10pm On Mar 17, 2021
Tolexander:
Wao, Church is an asset!

Oyedepo was banned by the UK Government, why can’t he rise against the UK government and accuse them of fighting against the church, since his ban was based on church and financial related matter

Beazy:
The UK Home Office has banned flamboyant Nigerian pastor, Bishop David Oyedepo, from entering Britain, a British government source told SaharaReporters. Mr. Oyedepo is known as the general overseer of the Living Faith Church Worldwide, otherwise known as Winners Chapel. Headquartered in Ota, Ogun State, the church has branches in numerous parts of the world, including the UK and US.
Bishop David Oyedepo
According to the source, the ban arose from preliminary investigations by Britain’s Charity Commission that determined that monies donated to Bishop Oyedepo’s church for charitable purposes were funneled to Nigeria to fund the preacher’s flamboyant lifestyle.
Bishop Oyedepo owns a plush private jet and has a fleet of expensive cars, among many other astonishing personal assets.
Bishop Oyedepo was barred from entering the United Kingdom in July. However, when SaharaReporters contacted Nicola Kelly, a press officer at the immigration desk at the UK Home Office, she declined to comment on the case.
The same day, our reporter spoke to one Emmanuel Igban, a media aide to Bishop Oyedepo, but he denied that the high-flying preacher had been banned.
But our British source asserted that Bishop Oyedepo and one of his sons had been aware of the probe of church finances for at least three years now. He added that the probe was triggered after the British Charity Commission found out that the wealthy pastor had taken out more than £16 million from the UK since 2009. He added that the commission closely monitors any repatriation of church resources, disclosing that any repatriation of funds of that size was most likely illegal.
According to the source, Bishop Oyedepo claimed that he was running a not-for-profit religious organization, “but the commission determined that he was diverting funds to engage in a series of profitable ventures.”
Bishop Oyedepo, who recently turned 60, is believed to be Nigeria’s richest pastor and is widely regarded as one of the richest televangelists in the world.
The UK government has distributed notices warning airlines that operate flights to the UK not carry the bishop.
Mr. Oyedepo’s private jet is also barred from entering the UK airspace with him on board.
A few years ago, Bishop Oyedepo provoked international outrage when videotapes of one of his church events showed him slapping a teenage girl he accused of being a witch. In the face of mounting criticism, including calls for his arrest for assaulting a minor, Mr. Oyedepo boasted that he would slap the “witch” again.
Source: www.saharareporters.com/2014/10/16/bishop-oyedepo-banned-entering-uk-over-church-corruption

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News Pastor Chris Daughter Sharon Welcome New Baby With Husband / These Pastors Tried to walk on water (video) / What If Tb Joshua Is Not Really Dead???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.