Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

ICPC arrests Ex-JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ojerinde over N900m Pencil & Eraser Fraud - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ICPC arrests Ex-JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ojerinde over N900m Pencil & Eraser Fraud (24936 Views)

Dibu Ojerinde, Sons, Daughter-In-Law Docked / ₦900 Million Fraud: Court Denies Ex-JAMB Registrar, Ojerinde Bail / The Properties ICPC Seized From Dibu Ojerinde, Ex-JAMB Registrar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

ICPC arrests Ex-JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ojerinde over N900m Pencil & Eraser Fraud by QuotaSystems: 4:03pm On Mar 17, 2021
ICPC arrests Ex-JAMB Registrar, Professor Ojerinde over N900m Fraud

ICPC has arrested a former Registrar and Chief Executive Officer of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Professor Dibu Ojerinde, for allegedly misappropriating N900 million.

Professor Ojerinde, who was arrested on 15th March, 2021, in Abuja, by operatives of ICPC, is alleged to have committed multiple frauds while heading JAMB and the National Examination Council (NECO).He has been detained by the Commission for questioning over allegations of multiple identities, abuse of office, money laundering, tax evasion and making false statements to public officials.

He has been detained by the Commission for questioning over allegations of multiple identities, abuse of office, money laundering, tax evasion and making false statements to public officials.

The former JAMB boss is also being questioned by the Commission for allegedly awarding fraudulent contracts to shell companies which cannot be traced.

He was alleged to have awarded contracts for the supply of pencil and eraser at the cost of N450 million each, to Double 07 Concept Limited and Pristine Global Concept Limited, respectively, between 2013 and 2014 while heading JAMB.
https://icpc.gov.ng/2021/03/17/icpc-arrests-ex-jamb-registrar-professor-ojerinde-over-n900m-fraud/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICPC arrests Ex-JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ojerinde over N900m Pencil & Eraser Fraud by BLAISECAMPAORE: 4:04pm On Mar 17, 2021
Just imagine shocked....N900 million for ordinary pencils and cleaner...see blatant, heartless, mindless stealing for goodness sake angry

These were the kinds of frauds that were perpetrated under PDP'S 16 locust years of looting and backwardness...Typical.

From North to South, our leaders will use ethnic sentiments to divide us, but they are united, welded and cemented in CORRUPTION.

Let us shame them by ensuring their tricks of distraction and division continue to FAIL.

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ICPC arrests Ex-JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ojerinde over N900m Pencil & Eraser Fraud by slawormiir: 4:12pm On Mar 17, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Na wa....them just dey steal money up and down

Just now na how Coordinating Director of Federal Inland Revenue Service, Peter Hena and other people take thief and share 4.5 billion.....
Imagine when this kind people never enter positions....them go dey insult and criticize those way dey positions about corruption.....

He clear say for this country we are not really angry about corruption...we are just angry because we are not the ones carrying out the corruption....

93 Likes 8 Shares

Re: ICPC arrests Ex-JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ojerinde over N900m Pencil & Eraser Fraud by tutudesz: 4:12pm On Mar 17, 2021
Pencil & Eraser Fraud grin I sure toilet paper fraud dey this country undecided

16 Likes

Re: ICPC arrests Ex-JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ojerinde over N900m Pencil & Eraser Fraud by Wassapviews: 4:12pm On Mar 17, 2021
Nawa o

Virtually everything is a means of fraud and extortion,

We'd prolly hear about Covid, Herdsmen and Bandit Fraud soon.

1 Like

Re: ICPC arrests Ex-JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ojerinde over N900m Pencil & Eraser Fraud by Bryan88(m): 4:12pm On Mar 17, 2021
9JA MY CON3... grin
Re: ICPC arrests Ex-JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ojerinde over N900m Pencil & Eraser Fraud by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 17, 2021
Normally, if necessary procedures are to be followed, then nearly all who hold government positions should be in jail by now.

From South to North, looters everywhere.

Even the ICPC wey carry matter for head get their own thieves too.
Even some most people wey go bash am for this Nairaland go still loot if given opportunity.
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Na wa....them just dey steal money up and down

Just now na how Coordinating Director of Federal Inland Revenue Service, Peter Hena and other people take thief and share 4.5 billion
Dem be your senior brothers na

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICPC arrests Ex-JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ojerinde over N900m Pencil & Eraser Fraud by Jdaughter(f): 4:13pm On Mar 17, 2021
Na naija way. Not surprised
Re: ICPC arrests Ex-JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ojerinde over N900m Pencil & Eraser Fraud by marshalcarter: 4:13pm On Mar 17, 2021
No be 9ja again??

#BelieveMe
Re: ICPC arrests Ex-JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ojerinde over N900m Pencil & Eraser Fraud by makemoneywbsite: 4:13pm On Mar 17, 2021
Fraud is endemic in this country. In fact, 97% of Nigerians are crooks. Only 5% are honest. I was once overpaid by a cashier at the bank. Since I do not usually count money on the counter, I stepped out with the cash. But something kept whispering to me that the money was more than what was in my cheque. So I hesitated outside the banking hall. The guy that was paid before me asked what the problem was, by then I had verified that the money was more so I told him. He said, "na ya luck na". I smiled and went back inside. The cashier saw me and frowned thinking I wanted to say the money was less. I asked him to cross-check the amount in my cheque and he did and observed his mistake...

You see, the problem we face in this part of the world is devaluation of cultural values. Everyone worshiping wealth so even parents have nothing to offer their children in terms of codes to live by. When the whiteman came to Africa, I'm sure they were awed by the honesty of our forefathers. That was before they imparted the whiteman's greed upon them which has made us among the most shifty races on earth. Even the whiteman's notoriety for greed has been dwarfed by African avarice.

Just look at this country...Thieves are effectively in control of the government, from clan heads unions to presidency.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ICPC arrests Ex-JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ojerinde over N900m Pencil & Eraser Fraud by CaptBabosa: 4:13pm On Mar 17, 2021
Thieves everywhere
Re: ICPC arrests Ex-JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ojerinde over N900m Pencil & Eraser Fraud by Tonyspecial(m): 4:13pm On Mar 17, 2021
first class graduates every year yet Nigeria can't produce common pencil and eraser

6 Likes

Re: ICPC arrests Ex-JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ojerinde over N900m Pencil & Eraser Fraud by paulolee(m): 4:14pm On Mar 17, 2021
chaai...no wonder....am not dt good with anything fraudulent or scam, my spirit dont work properly with it..
no wonder I failed jamb like 9 times and finally passed jamb with my first trial with CBT..

1 Like

Re: ICPC arrests Ex-JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ojerinde over N900m Pencil & Eraser Fraud by Triangles1(m): 4:14pm On Mar 17, 2021
Teacher ask student what's the capital of Nigeria. student reply, corruption.

1 Like

Re: ICPC arrests Ex-JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ojerinde over N900m Pencil & Eraser Fraud by hontimmy(m): 4:14pm On Mar 17, 2021
fraud everywhere

Re: ICPC arrests Ex-JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ojerinde over N900m Pencil & Eraser Fraud by Ogbenisoft28(m): 4:14pm On Mar 17, 2021
Person wey do pencil, Na hin do eraser ✏️ lol
Re: ICPC arrests Ex-JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ojerinde over N900m Pencil & Eraser Fraud by Perfecttouch(m): 4:14pm On Mar 17, 2021
We have so many useless and greedy elders in this country

1 Like

Re: ICPC arrests Ex-JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ojerinde over N900m Pencil & Eraser Fraud by blinking001(m): 4:14pm On Mar 17, 2021
Cone headers at it again...lol
Re: ICPC arrests Ex-JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ojerinde over N900m Pencil & Eraser Fraud by Softwareguy21: 4:15pm On Mar 17, 2021
Lolz
Re: ICPC arrests Ex-JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ojerinde over N900m Pencil & Eraser Fraud by sammirano: 4:15pm On Mar 17, 2021
They should arrest Oolyede
Re: ICPC arrests Ex-JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ojerinde over N900m Pencil & Eraser Fraud by GIANTPLUSHUB: 4:15pm On Mar 17, 2021
Mheen!
Re: ICPC arrests Ex-JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ojerinde over N900m Pencil & Eraser Fraud by GrandFinale2021(m): 4:15pm On Mar 17, 2021
they should even sentence him to death by firing squad.
Ojerinde is a very useless man

1 Like

Re: ICPC arrests Ex-JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ojerinde over N900m Pencil & Eraser Fraud by MrImole: 4:15pm On Mar 17, 2021
Lol!

Even Dibu Ojerinde?

Re: ICPC arrests Ex-JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ojerinde over N900m Pencil & Eraser Fraud by fatymore(f): 4:15pm On Mar 17, 2021
undecided
Re: ICPC arrests Ex-JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ojerinde over N900m Pencil & Eraser Fraud by Pele10: 4:15pm On Mar 17, 2021
He did not play his cards well, i gust he took the money all for him self and forming boss.forgeting that he is not the only one that work with JAMB, Others might know the secret aswell.there is a proverb that says {it is the rat in the house that tells the ones in the bush were the fish is} 900mil is a tip of what governors, ministers, senator and house of rep members loot monthly. don't make the man look deffrent cos even the previous EFCC boos looted.

1 Like

Re: ICPC arrests Ex-JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ojerinde over N900m Pencil & Eraser Fraud by Khd95(m): 4:16pm On Mar 17, 2021
so icpc still dey

wo, i don conclude, this country n cruise grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ICPC arrests Ex-JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ojerinde over N900m Pencil & Eraser Fraud by Neddstark: 4:16pm On Mar 17, 2021
The money JAMB officials made that period no be here.

4 Likes

Re: ICPC arrests Ex-JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ojerinde over N900m Pencil & Eraser Fraud by BlessedNuel: 4:16pm On Mar 17, 2021
E don be for him
Re: ICPC arrests Ex-JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ojerinde over N900m Pencil & Eraser Fraud by saxietohgbaskie(m): 4:16pm On Mar 17, 2021
angry
Re: ICPC arrests Ex-JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ojerinde over N900m Pencil & Eraser Fraud by captainamiedi1: 4:16pm On Mar 17, 2021
Jamb don cash out. thieves everywhere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We’ll Work For Peter Obi’s Emergence As President – NLC, TUC / Nnamdi Kanu: Court Of Appeal Clarifies "Transfer Of Justices" / Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.