Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,943 members, 7,956,562 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:03 PM

Problem With My Toyota Hilux - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Problem With My Toyota Hilux (4054 Views)

The History And Evolution Of Toyota Hilux / Check Out The Latest Toyota Hilux 2020 / My Toyota Corolla Over Heats Only When The AC Is On! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Problem With My Toyota Hilux by nurey(m): 4:14pm On Mar 18, 2021
chronos00:

The part about it not being available in any US market vehicle isn't true, I own a 2005 US market Tacoma with the 2.7l 2TR engine from the factory.

Broad reason sir, not the only real true reason. My verdict may not even be true reason sha
Re: Problem With My Toyota Hilux by SeaTrade(m): 4:15pm On Mar 18, 2021
nurey:

The onlyv broad reason why the engine is that expensive is because it isn't available in any vehicle sold in US and vehicles as late as 2016 were still fitted with the 2TR, not because it is made of gold and silver.
Exactly,the thing looks too simple for me to accept it's worth its hefty price tag.
But well, reality is always different ain't it?
Re: Problem With My Toyota Hilux by waley007(m): 4:43pm On Mar 18, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Do not think you can be smarter than the average roadside mechanic. It will end in tears (premium) . Follow up on this job , all the parts required for this rebuild are available in the market , you can even buy what is popularly called (couple back ) which is the crankshaft and bearings removed from a functional standard engine. Replace piston rings head gasket valve seals and possibly piston them selves if worn out. Take your rebuild seriously if you want it to last.
good evening , please I want to buy a 1999/2000 Mitsubishi Montero sport engine , please do you know anyone who deals with it , at what price and num and all , please
Re: Problem With My Toyota Hilux by SeaTrade(m): 4:58pm On Mar 18, 2021
Them don dey lose am oo ,make we see wetin dey there angry

1 Like

Re: Problem With My Toyota Hilux by Readonee35L(m): 6:24pm On Mar 18, 2021
nurey:

The onlyv broad reason why the engine is that expensive is because it isn't available in any vehicle sold in US and vehicles as late as 2016 were still fitted with the 2TR, not because it is made of gold and silver.
You're wrong .
Engine is available in Us spec tacoma , mostly single cabin versions. Not very common
Re: Problem With My Toyota Hilux by nurey(m): 6:37pm On Mar 18, 2021
Readonee35L:

You're wrong .
Engine is available in Us spec tacoma , mostly single cabin versions. Not very common

I am not wrong Oga, it's one of the reasons, tokunbo of that engine doesn't come majorly from US let's forget about the fact that dollar is expensive. Yes tacoma was fitted with it, even the 2010 4Runner only before it was discontinued in the 4Runner.

Also 2016 upwards prado unfortunately no prado in US rather Lexus GX but not fitted in the Lexus.

corrected myself grin
Re: Problem With My Toyota Hilux by SeaTrade(m): 6:41pm On Mar 18, 2021
I just paid 300k for the repair.
The guy say e go buy crankshaft direct 150k,connecting rods(10k each),piston,rings,metals,oils,grind valve,etc...whatever.
We bargained from 350k and end at 300k.
I am pissed still sha but wetin man go do,my own be say make e work,that's all.
So fingers crossed,he might finish on saturday so I go update the thread when it's done.
Thanks guys,you guys rock. cool

5 Likes

Re: Problem With My Toyota Hilux by id4sho(m): 7:01pm On Mar 18, 2021
nurey:

The onlyv broad reason why the engine is that expensive is because it isn't available in many vehicle sold in US and vehicles as late as 2016 were still fitted with the 2TR, not because it is made of gold and silver.
Plenty Tacoma with automatic transmission from USA&CANADIAN market. I watched a video on YouTube about a Tacoma with 1M miles. 2020 hilux still comes with 2TR-FE, that engine is bulletproof. I ringed mine and the performance is awesome, 2yrs and counting
Re: Problem With My Toyota Hilux by id4sho(m): 7:06pm On Mar 18, 2021
SeaTrade:
The guy say e go buy crankshaft direct 150k,connecting rods(10k each),piston,rings,metals,oils,grind valve,etc...whatever.
So fingers crossed,he might finish on saturday so I go update the thread when it's done.
Ensure it's Belgium crankshaft and briscoe rings(in local parlance). China crankshaft full market and difference lies in weight.
#my2cents

9 Likes

Re: Problem With My Toyota Hilux by Labadi69: 6:39pm On Mar 20, 2021
SeaTrade:

No be this Transatlantic Logobenz guy be this? Always going around Nairaland and insulting people. Calling yourself rich but you dey drive piece of rubbish Nigeria used Hilux. Looking at that decayed engine, I can imagine you paid almost nothing for it. Your Oga probably dashed you sef. Bloody apprentice of a fake drinks seller.

4 Likes

Re: Problem With My Toyota Hilux by Labadi69: 6:43pm On Mar 20, 2021
SeaTrade:

See as he dey cry because of 300k. Rich man wannabe. I’m very surprised people are even responding with good intentions to assist this guy that lacks decorum and home training. This same guy will insult una without hesitating tomorrow. Let the bloody apprentice carry his cross. All na Karma and this is just the beginning o. More gbese dey come.
Re: Problem With My Toyota Hilux by SeaTrade(m): 3:29pm On Mar 23, 2021
Ladies and gentlemen, my truck is back.
Sounds super quiet like new again,
Best 300k ever spent .
This ought to be the best mechanic in PH for hilux trucks,funny enough I didn't even follow up the job, I just made a transfer to him and went home to sleep.
Thanks guys,I really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Problem With My Toyota Hilux by SeaTrade(m): 3:32pm On Mar 23, 2021
See how clear the dash is?
This guy is good abeg!!!No rival in PH.
And this was a truck whose engine was damaged ooo,
I'm wowed honestly!!
Too much dust and oil in the car as it has been in the mechanic for sometime.
Will post pictures after washing.

Re: Problem With My Toyota Hilux by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:36pm On Mar 23, 2021
SeaTrade:
Best 300k ever spent .
This ought to be the best mechanic in PH for hilux trucks,funny enough I didn't even follow up the job, I just made a transfer to him and went home to sleep.

New engine parts.

Keep rpm under 2.5k

Keep speed under 100km/h

Do this for 500km

4 Likes

Re: Problem With My Toyota Hilux by SeaTrade(m): 3:42pm On Mar 23, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

New engine parts.

Keep rpm under 2.5k

Keep speed under 100km/h

Do this for 500km
Wow okay ,didn't know this.
Will follow as you said,thank you bigger bros.

1 Like

Re: Problem With My Toyota Hilux by SeaTrade(m): 7:16pm On Mar 23, 2021
cheesy cheesy
Dash is clean ,
All the carbon in the engine was removed and nozzles cleaned.
All the power this engine has is back now just at a slight touch of the pedal.

Re: Problem With My Toyota Hilux by id4sho(m): 7:53pm On Mar 23, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

New engine parts.

Keep rpm under 2.5k

Keep speed under 100km/h

Do this for 500km
seconded, reinstall thermostat if it's not in and see the magic ( best fuel economy)

1 Like

Re: Problem With My Toyota Hilux by drmuchin: 10:25pm On Mar 23, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

New engine parts.

Keep rpm under 2.5k

Keep speed under 100km/h

Do this for 500km

oga mi no vex how can one keep rpm below 2.5k rpm when changing from gear 1-2-3?

abeg educate us
Re: Problem With My Toyota Hilux by id4sho(m): 10:37pm On Mar 23, 2021
drmuchin:

oga mi no vex how can one keep rpm below 2.5k rpm when changing from gear 1-2-3?

abeg educate us
Very easy in both manual and auto.. Press the accelerator gently and engage gear. Fuel economy is top notch at that rpm 2-2.5
Re: Problem With My Toyota Hilux by drmuchin: 11:46pm On Mar 23, 2021
id4sho:

Very easy in both manual and auto.. Press the accelerator gently and engage gear. Fuel economy is top notch at that rpm 2-2.5

bros this your guide won't there be a skid if I am accelerating before selecting drive gear esp in auto tranny
Re: Problem With My Toyota Hilux by Oilwell(m): 8:38pm On Jul 16, 2021
SeaTrade:
Best 300k ever spent .

Bro please i need the mechanic location and number.
Re: Problem With My Toyota Hilux by Decentdave(m): 10:22pm On Jul 16, 2021
Oga Gazzuz na God sent for car section. U too much

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Problem With My Toyota Hilux by nymphomaniac(m): 10:57am On Jul 17, 2021
Nice thread
Re: Problem With My Toyota Hilux by jasper83: 8:01am On Nov 27, 2022
Very educative thread

(1) (2) (Reply)

2002 Hyundai Santafe Issues And Solutions / Ever Heard Of The Toyota RAV4 Electric? / Problem With My Camry ABS Light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.