Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,875 members, 7,813,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? (3403 Views)

Is My Fire Extinguisher Still Good? It's Spill White Powder / How Reliable Are Innoson Buses For Transport Business? / Which Of These Cars Is Best For Transport Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by Onuahia: 8:05am On Oct 26, 2022
Hello guys! Please I will need your advice on this.

I just finished my Nysc and have some money on me which I saved during this time and want to invest it properly.

I’m thinking of going into transport and sienna 2003 model is what my budget can get.

Please advise me. Is there hope in this business and would I be able to recover my money and make gains? Then how long.

What are the challenges in this business?

I don’t know how to drive so I will find somebody that will run it.

Please advise me on this if you have experience in this business. Thanks.
Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by checkmatez: 8:30am On Oct 26, 2022
Onuahia:

I just finished my Nysc and have some money on me which I saved during this time and want to invest it properly.

I’m thinking of going into transport and sienna 2003 model is what my budget can get.

Please advise me. Is there hope in this business and would I be able to recover my money and make gains? Then how long.

use the car and learn how to drive, then start by offering logistics services then privately paid runs for people within your residential state.
Don't give anyone to help you drive, high chances of regret awaits

11 Likes

Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by dawnomike(m): 8:40am On Oct 26, 2022
Onuahia:

If you do not know how to drive and you have to find someome to run it... Don't try it!!!

Well, except you are giving it out on hire purchase

2 Likes

Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by diportivo: 9:18am On Oct 26, 2022
Onuahia:

run ooo

1 Like

Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by SanctifiedSista(f): 9:43am On Oct 26, 2022
It's aan excellent car but not for transport..just family use.. besides visit mile 2 and ask those Togo,badagry guys at the under bridge for advise

1 Share

Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by Onuahia: 11:05am On Oct 26, 2022
diportivo:

run ooo
Please can you say something or reason I should run ?
Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by Onuahia: 11:06am On Oct 26, 2022
dawnomike:
If you do not know how to drive and you have to find someome to run it... Don't try it!!!

Well, except you are giving it out on hire purchase
Is hire purchase good?
Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by Onuahia: 11:08am On Oct 26, 2022
checkmatez:
use the car and learn how to drive, then start by offering logistics services then privately paid runs for people within your residential state.
Don't give anyone to help you drive, high chances of regret awaits
Okay.
But will I really make my money back?
I was thinking if I get a good person that is ready to drive it will make sense?
Maybe elderly person
Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by dawnomike(m): 11:16am On Oct 26, 2022
Onuahia:

Is hire purchase good?
It is good if you don't want the stress of having to monitor the driver
Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by Onuahia: 11:22am On Oct 26, 2022
dawnomike:
It is good if you don't want the stress of having to monitor the driver

Alright. Thanks.
I will still like to hear other suggestions. �
Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by checkmatez: 11:42am On Oct 26, 2022
Onuahia:

Okay.
But will I really make my money back?
I was thinking if I get a good person that is ready to drive it will make sense?
Maybe elderly person
a well used car can last you for several years, so you should get your money back and more. Don't give anyone to help you drive, same way you shouldn't be in a haste to start making big money from the car. Some week earnings will be high while some will be low so don't use one week to judge others.

3 Likes

Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by Onuahia: 11:49am On Oct 26, 2022
checkmatez:
a well used car can last you for several years, so you should get your money back and more. Don't give anyone to help you drive, same way you shouldn't be in a haste to start making big money from the car. Some week earnings will be high while some will be low so don't use one week to judge others.

Thank you sir for this encouragement. But can I really learn this and start driving in one month?
Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by diportivo: 12:38pm On Oct 26, 2022
Onuahia:

Please can you say something or reason I should run ?

cos u wont be the one driving it yourself

also,u are not novice

today go say brainbox spoil,tmr na ECU dem go talk

or today na hub,tmr na wheel bearing

choose wisely

3 Likes

Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by Kasdat5(m): 2:01pm On Oct 26, 2022
Driver your vehicle yourself or bring the money make we use am do big boy for town , @ least ud have good memories after the money finishes

1 Like

Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by Carparts888(m): 2:24pm On Oct 26, 2022
Don't try it!!! Look for something else to do with your money. I bought 4 sienna's for transport business around 2018 and I regretted it. Had to sell off one by one and there was no strategy I didn't try even higher purchase didn't work.
I can tell u my experiences.
Go into it if u have other successful businesses that are generating a lot of income so u can take your time to grow your transport business and build customer base gradually as it takes time so don't expect to be making profit overnight when u start.
It's a business that you need to be very patient, have a lot of capital at hand(a lot ooo)
Most importantly look for your own park either on lease or if u can buy at a very strategic location in the states u will be shuttling between.
Onuahia:

2 Likes

Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by easytig(m): 3:06pm On Oct 26, 2022
Don't give your car out to anybody to drive and remit back to you,yOu will be cheated and the car will definitely come back way worse in no distant time.if care is not taken the car will die prematurely in their hands and there is nothing you can do.take your time to learn how to drive,and practice in your neighborhood,hope you know car various parts price is over 150 percent increase in the market,the more reason to not give anybody
Onuahia:

Thank you sir for this encouragement. But can I really learn this and start driving in one month?

3 Likes

Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by Onuahia: 10:12pm On Oct 26, 2022
easytig:
Don't give your car out to anybody to drive and remit back to you,yOu will be cheated and the car will definitely come back way worse in no distant time.if care is not taken the car will die prematurely in their hands and there is nothing you can do.take your time to learn how to drive,and practice in your neighborhood,hope you know car various parts price is over 150 percent increase in the market,the more reason to not give anybody
Alright sir.
I will learn it.
I’m just thinking how much it will cost me to get driving license and other things that will not make police and road safety people worry me.
Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by Kirkman: 4:44am On Oct 27, 2022
I laugh in "you will find someone that will run it" grin get ready for enough daily bed time stories. If you want to do something than handle it yourself so as not to get a high BP at your very young age.

2 Likes

Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by Onuahia: 8:13am On Oct 27, 2022
Kirkman:
I laugh in "you will find someone that will run it" grin get ready for enough daily bed time stories. If you want to do something than handle it yourself so as not to get a high BP at your very young age.
grin Alright sir. Multiple people have told me this and I have taken the advice and ready to learn how to drive so that I will be running it by myself.
But I don’t know how long it will take me to learn and embark on journey loaded with people.

1 Like

Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by Carparts888(m): 9:36am On Oct 27, 2022
As i mentioned earlier , i was in this business for 2 years with 4 siennas which i bought toks. I bought a 2005 sienna for 2.2m then and ended up selling each at about 600k to 700k after the business killed my vehicles and its not like there was not a maintenance plan. Let me advise u from experience, Its not worth it for the following reasons.
1. Cost of vehicle parts and maintenance is on the high side since our currency became useless. Example if u choose to load from lagos to delta with your 7 seater sienna, If u load 10k each for 7 passengers that's 70k and settle park fee(10k), u have 60k left and u buy full tank (10k) , u have 50k and u have miscallenous expenses of 5k for like settling police, touts, feeding etc, u have 45k as profit for that day. If once tyre spoil, that's like 15k to buy grade one toks transport tyre, if one hub spoil that's 15k to change minus workmanship, if steering rack spoil that's 35k minus workmanship. Sienna parts are really expensive now and what u make for a trip will hardly be enough after spending money on maintenance and repairs.

2. Have u been to a public park before? You have to register your vehicle there to load and trust me before it gets to your turn to load again, 100 or more vehicles will load before yours so do the maths(u may only load once in 2 weeks or 3 weeks even if u register with multiple parks). They will also be deductions when u manage to load from that park like some parks will deduct one passenger seat money as their charge or even more. You will pay some Union money in some States yearly before u can pass through if not your vehicle will be impounded and u will pay up to 30k fine.

3. You have no driving experience and interstate driving is a high risk driving that even seasoned experts with years of experience can still have accidents not to talk of u learning now to ply interstate route because you will be endangering your live and lives of your passengers if u are not experienced enough.

4. I don't need to tell you there is high insecurity and so many kidnapping happening lately. You will be exposed to all that.

5. Its stressful. If manage to load u won't leave till your vehicle is fully loaded and it means u may leave late to join serious traffic. Can u handle being in traffic for up to 5hours or more occasionally? Can u handle extortion from area boys each time u stop to dropba passenger at a particular park or bus stop? Can u handle regular police extortions? Like east west road has more than 50 check points placed for extortion and yet the roads are still not safe from insecurity.

Finally, I hope I was able to convince you not to invest in transport business especially interstate. Its not worth it at all and there are other reasons I couldn't remember or have the time to type about it.
Unless u want to risk looking older than yourself at your 30s with bp and stress, I'll advise u look for other safe and less stressful investments.
Onuahia:

grin Alright sir. Multiple people have told me this and I have taken the advice and ready to learn how to drive so that I will be running it by myself.
But I don’t know how long it will take me to learn and embark on journey loaded with people.

7 Likes

Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by Kirkman: 10:35am On Oct 27, 2022
Onuahia:

Go to a very good and reputable driving school. If you are a very fast learner. Max 2 months you are good to go, if not its 3 months for you.

1 Like

Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by easytig(m): 5:18pm On Oct 27, 2022
You will get it within a month,I think the 3years fresh driving license goes for 35k.
I have a sure plug who will help you get it within one month.
Onuahia:

Alright sir.
I will learn it.
I’m just thinking how much it will cost me to get driving license and other things that will not make police and road safety people worry me.

1 Like

Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by id4sho(m): 6:00pm On Oct 27, 2022
Onuahia:

Get a vehicle that meets e-hailing requirements e.g bolt, Uber, indriver
Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by Onuahia: 7:33pm On Oct 28, 2022
id4sho:

Get a vehicle that meets e-hailing requirements e.g bolt, Uber, indriver

No I like sienna.
I want something I can use as private and also as transport.
Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by Onuahia: 7:34pm On Oct 28, 2022
easytig:
You will get it within a month,I think the 3years fresh driving license goes for 35k.
I have a sure plug who will help you get it within one month.

I was supposed to pay for the sienna yesterday only to get to Portharcourt to hear that it’s sold just some minutes ago.

Am sad now
Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by Carparts888(m): 2:03am On Oct 29, 2022
I took my time to explain to you twice my brother on your thread to explain my experience and why you shouldn't go into it but I'm surprised u didn't even acknowledge my message to you or say anything about it.

Anyway I wish u all the best my brother.
Onuahia:

I was supposed to pay for the sienna yesterday only to get to Portharcourt to hear that it’s sold just some minutes ago.

Am sad now

2 Likes

Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by Kewtt: 4:42am On Oct 29, 2022
Onuahia:

No I like sienna.
I want something I can use as private and also as transport.

So you have a Sienna already? Sell it. Go for Uber compliant vehicles!

It's a command!

1 Like

Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by baaliyah(m): 5:51am On Oct 29, 2022
Carparts888:
I took my time to explain to you twice my brother on your thread to explain my experience and why you shouldn't go into it but I'm surprised u didn't even acknowledge my message to you or say anything about it.

Anyway I wish u all the best my brother.

The guy has made up his mind.
Leave him alone. Transport business! He will most certainly regret starting it.

5 Likes

Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by Carparts888(m): 9:42am On Oct 29, 2022
Your right
baaliyah:

The guy has made up his mind.
Leave him alone. Transport business! He will most certainly regret starting it.

1 Like

Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by derancle: 7:37pm On Oct 29, 2022
@ carparts888 I was thinking of this transportation business, but my question is where u driving any of the sienna yourself?

1 Like

Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by Ofunaofu: 7:57am On Oct 30, 2022
Onuahia:

Alright sir.
I will learn it.

Onuahia, please don't buy and give your vehicle to someone to drive. Drive the vehicle yourself

As for driving licence, if you are in the east, Imo State to be precise l can run it for you.
5yrs driving licence is 35k, while 3yrs is 30k.

Dm if you are interested

1 Like

Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by Carparts888(m): 12:41pm On Oct 30, 2022
No I had drivers but I drove myself for some charter/hire or when I had high value way bills.
Feel free to ask me any questions, I will be glad to share my experience and advise you based on experience.
derancle:
@ carparts888 I was thinking of this transportation business, but my question is where u driving any of the sienna yourself?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Honda Accord '99 auto trans issue / Nissan Murano: Car Stops On Its Own While Driving / Honda Accord In Perfect Condition At A Very Affordable Price.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.