Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Seyi Makinde: I Am Not Afraid Of Losing 2023 Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seyi Makinde: I Am Not Afraid Of Losing 2023 Election (17309 Views)

Makinde: I Can’t Accept Chairmanship Of PDP Governors Forum / Makinde: I Won’t Comply With S'court Judgement On Sacked LG Chairs / Seyi Makinde: I Used Carrots, Vitamin C, Blackseed Oil, Honey To Fight COVID-19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seyi Makinde: I Am Not Afraid Of Losing 2023 Election by Omihanifa: 6:51am On Mar 18, 2021
Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State, on Wednesday, said he was not afraid of losing the 2023 governorship election in the state.

Makinde, who said he contested governorship elections in 2007, 2011 and 2015 respectively and failed, noted that “if the people of Oyo State ask me to leave the office as governor today, I won’t hesitate to leave the office because I go to office daily with my bag.”

The governor, who spoke at the pan-Yoruba Congress at Mapo Hall, Ibadan, also said he has no political father.

“Let me tell you here today. I don’t have a political father. It was God who made me governor and not human being. I fear only God and not any human. No matter how powerful a man is, I cannot fear him.

“I contested election in 2007, 2011 and 2015 but failed and when it is time for God to make me a governor, he made me. If the people of the state decided that they don’t want me again, I will only take my bag and leave because I don’t have a pin in the office,” he said.

The governor, therefore, vowed to support the agenda of the pan-Yoruba Congress and development of the Yoruba nation.
https://dailytrust.com/i-am-not-afraid-of-losing-2023-election-makinde

3 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Am Not Afraid Of Losing 2023 Election by techrola: 6:53am On Mar 18, 2021
I don't know why people that contest election multiple times and failed end up becoming a failure etc bubu

110 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Am Not Afraid Of Losing 2023 Election by Akaegwu(m): 6:54am On Mar 18, 2021
Yes we know
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Am Not Afraid Of Losing 2023 Election by yanabasee1(m): 6:56am On Mar 18, 2021
Oga ...... we know that you'll rig yourself back to the seat....

If there is ever a free and fair election in Nigeria, you'd never would've been elected in the first place....

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Am Not Afraid Of Losing 2023 Election by ShobayoEmma(m): 6:57am On Mar 18, 2021
But you are afraid of defending your people. Simp governor.

82 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Am Not Afraid Of Losing 2023 Election by LawLab247: 6:58am On Mar 18, 2021
Ok
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Am Not Afraid Of Losing 2023 Election by NyamiriFlathead: 7:04am On Mar 18, 2021
Makinde the bastard go win sambisa election where his masters dey but in oyo he is a goner
Oyo people will never vote for you bastard and fulani slave again, never

86 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Am Not Afraid Of Losing 2023 Election by Emptoluwani: 7:05am On Mar 18, 2021
Oga are you sure

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Am Not Afraid Of Losing 2023 Election by eleko1: 7:09am On Mar 18, 2021
undecided He don see the result already.GSM is a Gonner..OYO state pipu dnt need to drag u,RESIGN make we see grin

13 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Am Not Afraid Of Losing 2023 Election by Xscape047: 7:09am On Mar 18, 2021
Yessir...

Just know very well that it's not your Birth right..
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Am Not Afraid Of Losing 2023 Election by Tradingsig033: 7:10am On Mar 18, 2021
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Am Not Afraid Of Losing 2023 Election by SmartPolician: 7:10am On Mar 18, 2021
techrola:
I don't know why people that contest election multiple times and failed end up becoming a failure etc bubu

It's okay to keep your entrenched conviction, but GSM is not a failure. He has some of the best policies I have seen from a recent politican. For every governor considered a weakling today, they are so because their hands are tied.

Remember, they swore to keep Nigeria one and that includes allowing Nigerians of other ethnic groups live in their domain. When those settlers start misbehaving, the governors cannot do much because Nigeria runs a federal police. What played out between CP Mbu and former governor Amaechi shows you how useless the governors are if the police refuses to cooperate.

Besides, people who always promote ethic agenda are those who haven't left their enclaves.
Living with people who do not speak your language gives one a different understanding about life. It makes people understand that people are good and bad, and goodness or badness has nothing to do with tribes.

52 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Am Not Afraid Of Losing 2023 Election by Ubykcee(m): 7:10am On Mar 18, 2021
Serve them well they won't ask you to leave

3 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Am Not Afraid Of Losing 2023 Election by kingk(m): 7:11am On Mar 18, 2021
Pls someone should tell that **** "Let him not make noise". After all, there might not be an election in 2023.

8 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Am Not Afraid Of Losing 2023 Election by Cooldiipo(m): 7:11am On Mar 18, 2021
cheesy
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Am Not Afraid Of Losing 2023 Election by Shedrack777: 7:12am On Mar 18, 2021
you're welcome
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Am Not Afraid Of Losing 2023 Election by israelmao(m): 7:13am On Mar 18, 2021
It's one thing not to be afraid,it's another thing to desire it.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Am Not Afraid Of Losing 2023 Election by fasho01(m): 7:14am On Mar 18, 2021
Just do what you have to do nd let your work speak for you during reelection
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Am Not Afraid Of Losing 2023 Election by Ubykcee(m): 7:14am On Mar 18, 2021
kingk:
Pls someone should tell that **** "Let him not make noise". After all, there might not be an election in 2023.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Am Not Afraid Of Losing 2023 Election by cardoctor(m): 7:14am On Mar 18, 2021
Solo Makinde for President.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Am Not Afraid Of Losing 2023 Election by Falomo211(m): 7:14am On Mar 18, 2021
yanabasee1:
Oga ...... we know that you'll rig yourself back to the seat....

If there is ever a free and fair election in Nigeria, you'd never would've been elected in the first place....

oga if u no know something no dey talk Oyo people voted for him to chase ajimobi away his election make sense

8 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Am Not Afraid Of Losing 2023 Election by Olobofife(m): 7:15am On Mar 18, 2021
Guilty conscience.

12 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Am Not Afraid Of Losing 2023 Election by easyfem(m): 7:16am On Mar 18, 2021
you really Bleep up mehn ...... u av every chance to b a young HERO but you just trash it ..........MAKINDE is too mumu .... few month ago has been a very bad month for u and history will remember ur stupid action u took during YORUBA struggle....

48 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Am Not Afraid Of Losing 2023 Election by shogosco: 7:16am On Mar 18, 2021
Then don't even bother to contest again because you will surely lose.
No governor fvck with Oyo people and enjoy his second term.

8 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Am Not Afraid Of Losing 2023 Election by Jostoman: 7:17am On Mar 18, 2021
techrola:
makinde is not even up to two years in the office and you are comparing him with your bubu, oga if you don't have meaningful things to comment you better go and find somewhere to sleep.

6 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Am Not Afraid Of Losing 2023 Election by preciousnobel(m): 7:17am On Mar 18, 2021
SmartPolician:

It's okay to keep your entrenched conviction, but GSM is not a failure. The has some of the best policies I have seen from a recent politican. For every governor considered a weakling today, they are so because their hands are tied.

Remember, they swore to keep Nigeria one and that includes allowing Nigerians of other ethnic groups live in their domain. When those settlers start misbehaving, the governors cannot do much because Nigeria runs a federal police. What played out between CP Mbu and former governor Amaechi shows you how useless the governors are if the police refuses to cooperate.

Besides, people who always promote ethic agenda are those who haven't left their enclaves.
Living with people who do not speak your language gives one a different understanding about life. It makes people understand that people are good and bad, and goodness or badness has nothing to do with tribes.

You too get sense.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Am Not Afraid Of Losing 2023 Election by Jostoman: 7:18am On Mar 18, 2021
Don't worry Seyi makinde all their plan to destabilised your government will fail.

4 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Am Not Afraid Of Losing 2023 Election by easyfem(m): 7:18am On Mar 18, 2021
SmartPolician:

It's okay to keep your entrenched conviction, but GSM is not a failure. The has some of the best policies I have seen from a recent politican. For every governor considered a weakling today, they are so because their hands are tied.

aw abt FASOSE that makes good move concerning fulani when he was a governor

35 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Am Not Afraid Of Losing 2023 Election by oz4real83(m): 7:18am On Mar 18, 2021
SmartPolician:

Buhari in the view of the whole world took an oath to keep Nigeria one but the oath has never stopped him from protecting and defending his Fulani terror group, the oath has never stopped him from appointing only his people, the terrorist Ak47 governor also took an oath but it didn't stop him from openly advertising for his terror Fulani group to own AK47 rifles. When it comes to the issue of their own people, the northern leaders don't shy away from defending their people whether by hook or by crook. We have seen northerners openly defending terrorism. Our southern brothers must learn to put their people first, their people have always been there even before Nigeria came to being.

27 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adams Oshiomhole Gets Into Dance Competition With Children (Video) / FG Pledges More Dollar Supply To Stabilise Naira / Peter Obi Advocates Dialogue In The Return Of Democracy in Niger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.