Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Buhari Cant Stop Kilings By Fulani Herdsmen Because They Are His People-Babatope - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Cant Stop Kilings By Fulani Herdsmen Because They Are His People-Babatope (327 Views)

Buhari Cant Understand Students Plight Because He Didnt Go To University -sowore / Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 / Buhari: Nigerians Are Blaming Me Over Herdsmen Because They Say I Look Like Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Cant Stop Kilings By Fulani Herdsmen Because They Are His People-Babatope by bolaayenimo: 2:32pm On Mar 18, 2021
Temidayo Akinsuyi

LAGOS – Chief Ebenezer Babatope, elder statesman and former Minister of Transport on Thursday said President Muhammadu Buhari has not done anything to put a stop to incessant abductions and killings by Fulani herdsmen in the country, especially in the South-West region.

Speaking in a chat with DAILY INDEPENDENT, Babatope, a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), said the president’s hands appeared tied to deal decisively with the situation because he is of the same Fulani stock as the armed herdsmen.

He said: “Buhari’s government is not doing anything at all to address the killings by Fulani herdsmen. I don’t know why he is hamstrung or why his hands are tied on taking a bold step to stop the killings; maybe it is because he is also Fulani man like these herdsmen.

“But the truth is that he is not doing enough to put a stop to it. It is absolutely wrong for a group of people, the Fulanis to take it upon themselves to be killing, maiming and kidnapping people at will and carrying out other criminal activities.”

On solution to the crisis, Babatope said the President must do more by giving more powers to security forces to deal with the situation, adding that people may be forced to defend themselves if the government can’t protect them.

“I think the federal government should do more by giving more power to our security forces to deal with the situation. It doesn’t help anybody for our country to be held into bondage by these people. The president must put a final stop to these abductions and killings.”
https://www.independent.ng/buharis-govt-has-done-nothing-to-stop-killings-by-fulani-herdsmen-babatope/

1 Share

Re: Buhari Cant Stop Kilings By Fulani Herdsmen Because They Are His People-Babatope by Queenlovely(f): 2:33pm On Mar 18, 2021
The acuser of the brethren
Re: Buhari Cant Stop Kilings By Fulani Herdsmen Because They Are His People-Babatope by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 18, 2021
Of course, there is no one more bigoted than that person there... We all remember how he voted for someone from another country because the person was a Muslim over a Nigerian lol....

Nothing surprises me with Buhari.
Re: Buhari Cant Stop Kilings By Fulani Herdsmen Because They Are His People-Babatope by LokoH(m): 2:41pm On Mar 18, 2021
It is not buhari's job to ask his brothers to stop killing you.
Rather, it is your own responsibility to stand up and stop them from invading you.

Make una be man once nah
Re: Buhari Cant Stop Kilings By Fulani Herdsmen Because They Are His People-Babatope by nairavsdollars(f): 2:47pm On Mar 18, 2021
shallow thinking. why were the OPC boys who arrested Wakili and handed him over to police detained
LokoH:
It is not buhari's job to ask his brothers to stop killing you.
Rather, it is your own responsibility to stand up and stop them from invading you.

Make una be man once nah
Re: Buhari Cant Stop Kilings By Fulani Herdsmen Because They Are His People-Babatope by LokoH(m): 2:54pm On Mar 18, 2021
nairavsdollars:
shallow thinking. why were the OPC boys who arrested Wakili and handed him over to police detained

that s why I said you people lack mental toughness for self defense.
They detained opc cos they are weak.
Why don't they arrest men of ESN ?
Re: Buhari Cant Stop Kilings By Fulani Herdsmen Because They Are His People-Babatope by Jdaughter(f): 5:35pm On Mar 18, 2021
sad
Re: Buhari Cant Stop Kilings By Fulani Herdsmen Because They Are His People-Babatope by nairavsdollars(f): 4:47pm On Mar 19, 2021
you know how many ESN members army killed in Orlu?
LokoH:

that s why I said you people lack mental toughness for self defense.
They detained opc cos they are weak.
Why don't they arrest men of ESN ?
Re: Buhari Cant Stop Kilings By Fulani Herdsmen Because They Are His People-Babatope by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 19, 2021
nairavsdollars:
No ESN members were killed in orlu. The ESN killed 4 soldiers in orlu.

They fled without picking their dead colleagues sef.
Re: Buhari Cant Stop Kilings By Fulani Herdsmen Because They Are His People-Babatope by nairavsdollars(f): 5:08pm On Mar 19, 2021
ha ha ...laugh wan kee me
DubaiLandLord:
No ESN members were killed in orlu. The ESN killed 4 soldiers in orlu.

They fled without picking their dead colleagues sef.
Re: Buhari Cant Stop Kilings By Fulani Herdsmen Because They Are His People-Babatope by LokoH(m): 5:26pm On Mar 19, 2021
nairavsdollars:

. . . and their spirit came back as unknown gunmen, feeding on the same army. Spirit is like air, you can't kill, you can't arrest

(1) (Reply)

Tanzania Swears In 1st Female President Samia Hassan / Biafra And Oduduwa Be At Alert / Don’t Toy With Rivers – Wike Warns PDP As Secondus, Others shun campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.