Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,035 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

FEC Approves N8.6 Billion For Enugu-onitsha Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FEC Approves N8.6 Billion For Enugu-onitsha Road (10841 Views)

2019 Election: PDP To Complete Enugu/onitsha Road In Six Months: Peter Obi / See The New Look Of Enugu-onitsha Road Being Constructed By Buhari(photos) / Enugu-onitsha Road Narrative Will Change In A Week’s Time- FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FEC Approves N8.6 Billion For Enugu-onitsha Road by MYZOLE: 5:39pm On Mar 18, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRWygsCIb-4

The Federal Executive Council has approved the sum of N8.6 billion for the completion of work on the Enugu-Onitsha highway, South-East Nigeria.

Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola revealed this to State House Correspondents at the end of this week’s cabinet meeting presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Fashola said: “The Ministry of Works and Housing presented one memorandum to council, which was for the revised estimate total cost for our project on the Enugu-Onitsha highway, it was to add the sum of N8.649 billion for a 22-kilometre section of the 100-kilometre road so that we can expedite conclusion of work there.

“The variation is to cater for change of the pavement surface, binder cost and the wiring cost, to increase the thickness and also to utilise the modified bitumen as well as strengthen the shoulders and some bridge work. So, the Council approved this variation of N8.649 billion.”

Also speaking, Minister of Health, Dr Osagie Ehanire, disclosed that the council approved over three billion naira for the purchase of laboratory equipment, to strengthen the work of the National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) in various parts of the country.
https://von.gov.ng/2021/03/17/fec-approves-n8-6-billion-for-enugu-onitsha-road/

5 Likes

Re: FEC Approves N8.6 Billion For Enugu-onitsha Road by Jdaughter(f): 5:39pm On Mar 18, 2021
I'm very very broke and hungry. Please help a sister.

My account details on my signature.

You'll be blessed beyond measurement as you help me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves N8.6 Billion For Enugu-onitsha Road by Divine202: 5:41pm On Mar 18, 2021
Finally

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves N8.6 Billion For Enugu-onitsha Road by Simplyleo: 5:42pm On Mar 18, 2021
I still don't understand which road Buhari is constructing in the South East when gej has completed all road projects for them.

Buhari should focus on the areas gej didn't bother, such as SW and North. undecided

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves N8.6 Billion For Enugu-onitsha Road by Ever8090: 5:45pm On Mar 18, 2021
Good
Re: FEC Approves N8.6 Billion For Enugu-onitsha Road by Nbotee(m): 5:57pm On Mar 18, 2021
Simplyleo:
I still don't understand which road Buhari is constructing in the South East when gej has completed all road projects for them.

Buhari should focus on the areas gej didn't bother, such as SW and North. undecided

D energy U spend hating on the South East would b beta spent exploring ur sense

96 Likes 8 Shares

Re: FEC Approves N8.6 Billion For Enugu-onitsha Road by SmartPolician: 6:23pm On Mar 18, 2021
This is good news. Buhari.
If the idea of tollgate will improve our road infrastructure and network, I don't mind.

Government should concession those critical trunk A roads to private companies to manage them. Lekki-Ajah expressway is one of the best expressways in Nigeria today - thanks to concession arrangement.

4 Likes

Re: FEC Approves N8.6 Billion For Enugu-onitsha Road by StoneColdStun: 6:27pm On Mar 18, 2021
Simplyleo:

Says a refugee who is still holed up in Benin republic IDP camp after fleeing from Bororo Fulani Herdsmen. Agbaya!

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FEC Approves N8.6 Billion For Enugu-onitsha Road by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 18, 2021
Simplyleo:

Lol.. bro Leo no vex abeg, ndo! wink

Hope you know dissenting views online (social media) don't usually represent those of the outside world. So take any views or "attacks" here with a pinch of salt ok.

Good job Min. of Works & Housing.. My only concern is the Billions spent per Km. I think its quite overbloated though.

5 Likes

Re: FEC Approves N8.6 Billion For Enugu-onitsha Road by thaoriginator: 6:53pm On Mar 18, 2021
shocked

Me bloodclaat!

Me say take dat 8.6 billion and shove it up yuh fada bloodclaaat!

Me nuh care wah dem ah say enuh. Me touch di road anytime anyweh cry

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves N8.6 Billion For Enugu-onitsha Road by Acidiously: 6:53pm On Mar 18, 2021
It's about damn time. That road has been bad even since the time the Israelites were departing Egypt
P.S no audio approval. Do us; e dey play e dey show. And definitely that doesn't make me to start liking JUBRIL EL SUDANI. Just build our roads so that when we get BIAFRA we can concentrate on other things.
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. IGBO haters e no choke o, e HANG

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves N8.6 Billion For Enugu-onitsha Road by Goodluckbbo: 6:54pm On Mar 18, 2021
Interesting
Re: FEC Approves N8.6 Billion For Enugu-onitsha Road by aguiyi2: 6:54pm On Mar 18, 2021
All these approvals!!!. Movement without motion.
Re: FEC Approves N8.6 Billion For Enugu-onitsha Road by soft101: 6:54pm On Mar 18, 2021
APC committed to South East

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves N8.6 Billion For Enugu-onitsha Road by mcmbonu: 6:54pm On Mar 18, 2021
Hello
Re: FEC Approves N8.6 Billion For Enugu-onitsha Road by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 18, 2021
Road wey Dem dey do since 2008. This is 2021
Re: FEC Approves N8.6 Billion For Enugu-onitsha Road by SarkinYarki: 6:54pm On Mar 18, 2021
22 kms at 8 billion is too much and too imagine this is a top for a road that they have been working on forever.... Nigeria has too much infrastructure deficit and too poor to be building roads at 1billion per km .. we must cut the price to 22m per km for single carriage and 55 million per km for For dual carriage ...the RCCG has shown us it can be done

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves N8.6 Billion For Enugu-onitsha Road by Nigeriabiafra80: 6:55pm On Mar 18, 2021
Is that to scuttle biafra agitation
Re: FEC Approves N8.6 Billion For Enugu-onitsha Road by airminem(f): 6:55pm On Mar 18, 2021
Never before have a president done more for the SE than Buhari. Nice one

4 Likes

Re: FEC Approves N8.6 Billion For Enugu-onitsha Road by Nuelito: 6:55pm On Mar 18, 2021
Funny enough...onye aghogburu ka agbara

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves N8.6 Billion For Enugu-onitsha Road by festacman(m): 6:55pm On Mar 18, 2021
Nice
Re: FEC Approves N8.6 Billion For Enugu-onitsha Road by ClassicMan202(m): 6:56pm On Mar 18, 2021
Viknat:
Road wey Dem dey do since 2008. This is 2021

Exactly... Audio approval

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves N8.6 Billion For Enugu-onitsha Road by Temptee101(m): 6:56pm On Mar 18, 2021
Simplyleo post=99994103[s:
]I still don't understand which road Buhari is constructing in the South East when gej has completed all road projects for them.

Buhari should focus on the areas gej didn't bother, such as SW and North. undecided[/s]

7 Likes

Re: FEC Approves N8.6 Billion For Enugu-onitsha Road by Explorers(m): 6:57pm On Mar 18, 2021
That road....Jesus.
Re: FEC Approves N8.6 Billion For Enugu-onitsha Road by MozB: 6:57pm On Mar 18, 2021
We need the same thing for Calabar Itu road. Going from Calabar to Uyo and vice versa is taking the whole day now. It used to be a 3hr journey at most.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG To Borrow N823b Through Treasury Bills In First Quarter 2019 / Corruption In Executive Far More Than Legislature, Judiciary Combined, Says ICPC / Billions Probe: Akpabio Plots Removal Of EFCC Zonal Head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.