Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,488 members, 7,958,481 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:22 PM

Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal (1821 Views)

Truly, The Forbidden Fruit Is Sex! / If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? / Daddy Freeze: Proverbs, Psalms Not Written By Christians, Not Good For Doctrine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal by hopefulLandlord: 11:17pm On Dec 15, 2022
OkCornel:

Jesus would not encourage his followers to repay evil for evil, not to talk of aborting babies.

Heaven has no place for those with an utterly selfish mindse.
This might be true but it has no bearing with the OP. the focus is on the babies who are aborted

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal by Dtruthspeaker: 11:39pm On Dec 15, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
First off, this topic is directed at those Christians who believe aborted babies definitely go to heaven to enjoy forever and ever.

By this reasoning you think that heaven is doing like America in the 80's looking for migrants to come which is not so.

Further, like America, donors did not benefit entry to America because they donated their children to America. They remained behind.

So there is no profit to the donor.

Thus, it is up to the Consulate and Government of Heaven to decide who shall migrate to their territory.
Re: Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal by Kobojunkie: 11:50pm On Dec 15, 2022
Ugh! I am bored so I'll bite!
hopefulLandlord:
A. First off, this topic is directed at those Christians who believe aborted babies definitely go to heaven to enjoy forever and ever. if you're a Christian that holds a different opinion to this then this topic is not meant for you
This topic is based on 4 premises
1. Abortion is murder
2. Aborted babies go to heaven
3. many/most of the babies who get born into this sinful world stand a chance of falling away from God/Jesus or living a life of sin
4. Christ came to die for the sins of the world because he desires humans to make heaven..
A. Let's more closely examine all four premisses on which your case is made, and determine if they are true of scripture or merely baseless ideas born of the minds of men. undecided
Premise 1. Abortion as murder is scriptural given that since the time of Noah.
6 “God made humans to be like himself. So whoever kills a person must be killed by another person. - Genesis 9 vs 6
There is no evidence that the above ruling was ever repealed by God. So, for those who believe in God, it is a sin against God to kill another human being. undecided
Premise 2. There is no scriptural truth to this claim whatsoever. Instead, we are told that those born of a woman are born removed from God meaning they are born unbelievers from their birth. undecided
16 Then God said to the woman,“I will cause you to have much trouble when you are pregnant. And when you give birth to children, you will have much pain. You will want your husband very much, but he will rule over you.”
17 Then God said to the man, “I commanded you not to eat from that tree. But you listened to your wife and ate from it. So I will curse the ground because of you. You will have to work hard all your life for the food the ground produces.
18 The ground will grow thorns and weeds for you. And you will have to eat the plants that grow wild in the fields.
19 You will work hard for your food, until your face is covered with sweat. You will work hard until the day you die, and then you will become dust again. I used dust to make you, and when you die, you will become dust again.
20 Adam named his wife Eve. He gave her this name because Eve would be the mother of everyone who ever lived.
21 The Lord God used animal skins and made some clothes for the man and his wife. Then he put the clothes on them.
22 The Lord God said, “Look, the man has become like us—he knows about good and evil. And now the man might take the fruit from the tree of life. If the man eats that fruit, he will live forever.” - Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22
As highlighted in verse 19, when an unbeliever dies, he is returned back to the dust from which he was made — mind. body and soul. undecided
Premise 3. If they were born removed from God from their beginning, then they cannot be said to fall away from God unless they make the choice to do so at a later time, after learning of God that is. So, your third premise, when put against that which is of scripture is equally faulty. undecided
Premise 4. According to the same Jesus Christ, many are called but only a few are chosen from all those called. So, it seems this situation you highlight here does not directly impact those who belong to Jesus Christ. undecided

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal by LordReed(m): 10:54am On Dec 16, 2022
TenQ:

Is a true Christian allowed to justify murder as a means to an end?

Ask a "true Christian".

Define murder.

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal by LordReed(m): 10:55am On Dec 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Ugh! I am bored so I'll bite!A. Let's more closely examine all four premisses on which your case is made, and determine if they are true of scripture or merely baseless ideas born of the minds of men. undecided
Premise 1. Abortion as murder is scriptural given that since the time of Noah. There is no evidence that the above ruling was ever repealed by God. So, for those who believe in God, it is a sin against God to kill another human being. undecided
Premise 2. There is no scriptural truth to this claim whatsoever. Instead, we are told that those born of a woman are born removed from God meaning they are born unbelievers from their birth. undecided
As highlighted in verse 19, when an unbeliever dies, he is returned back to the dust from which he was made — mind. body and soul. undecided
Premise 3. If they were born removed from God from their beginning, then they cannot be said to fall away from God unless they make the choice to do so at a later time, after learning of God that is. So, your third premise, when put against that which is of scripture is equally faulty. undecided
Premise 4. According to the same Jesus Christ, many are called but only a few are chosen from all those called. So, it seems this situation you highlight here does not directly impact those who belong to Jesus Christ. undecided

What is murder?

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal by hopefulLandlord: 11:44am On Dec 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:

If you do not agree with premise 2 then this topic is not for you. in fact if you took your time to read the first paragraph of the OP you wouldn't have bothered with this reply of yours
here's the paragraph
hopefulLandlord:
First off, this topic is directed at those Christians who believe aborted babies definitely go to heaven to enjoy forever and ever. if you're a Christian that holds a different opinion to this then this topic is not meant for you
Re: Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal by Kobojunkie: 3:30pm On Dec 16, 2022
LordReed:
What is murder?
Did you skip Genesis 9 vs 6 quoted only so you can ask me this silly question? undecided
Re: Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal by Kobojunkie: 3:32pm On Dec 16, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
If you do not agree with premise 2 then this topic is not for you. in fact if you took your time to read the first paragraph of the OP you wouldn't have bothered with this reply of yours
here's the paragraph
I did specify that boredom was my reason for bothering. undecided
Re: Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal by LordReed(m): 4:35pm On Dec 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Did you skip Genesis 9 vs 6 quoted only so you can ask me this silly question? undecided

LoLz. Oga be calming down. I didn't know that's what your definition of murder is.

Do you consider a zygote to be a person?

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal by Kobojunkie: 4:44pm On Dec 16, 2022
LordReed:
LoLz. Oga be calming down. I didn't know that's what your definition of murder is.
Do you consider a zygote to be a person?
LOL... what is the intent behind most every act of abortion? undecided
Re: Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal by LordReed(m): 4:54pm On Dec 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
LOL... what is the intent behind most every act of abortion? undecided

So is your answer that yes you consider a zygote a person?

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal by Kobojunkie: 5:15pm On Dec 16, 2022
LordReed:
So is your answer that yes you consider a zygote a person?
undecided
Re: Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal by LordReed(m): 5:18pm On Dec 16, 2022
Re: Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal by Image123(m): 7:35pm On Dec 16, 2022
LordReed:

Ask a "true Christian".

Define murder.

Define life instead na.
Re: Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal by LordReed(m): 8:04pm On Dec 16, 2022
Image123:

Define life instead na.

Ah ah ah, I asked first.
Re: Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal by Image123(m): 12:02am On Dec 17, 2022
LordReed:

Ah ah ah, I asked first.

Asked him, not me/us.
Re: Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal by LordReed(m): 12:51am On Dec 17, 2022
Image123:

Asked him, not me/us.

You responded to my question though.
Re: Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal by Image123(m): 4:16am On Dec 17, 2022
LordReed:

You responded to my question though.

Yes na, to jolt you to the truth. When you define life, you'll not need to ask your question. Except you just want to win him in an argument and have the last say.
Re: Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal by ENGINEERG(m): 4:57am On Dec 17, 2022
Will aborted babies be babies in heaven too or adults?
hopefulLandlord:
First off, this topic is directed at those Christians who believe aborted babies definitely go to heaven to enjoy forever and ever. if you're a Christian that holds a different opinion to this then this topic is not meant for you

This topic is based on 4 premises

1. Abortion is murder
2. Aborted babies go to heaven
3. many/most of the babies who get born into this sinful world stand a chance of falling away from God/Jesus or living a life of sin
4. Christ came to die for the sins of the world because he desires humans to make heaven.

If you are a believer in premise 2 then it makes sense to encourage abortion as a way of saving many souls that may end up perishing in hell. Of course I need to point out this only focuses on the aborted baby not who's doing the abortion. a "Christian" doctor who performs about 200,000 abortions in his lifetime would've automatically ensured salvation for 200,000 souls even though he (the doctor) doesn't make heaven in the end it's still a worthy sacrifice of one for 200,000

if you're a Christian who believes in all these premises and have no argument against it then you should encourage abortion rather than preach against it.
Re: Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal by LordReed(m): 7:49am On Dec 17, 2022
Image123:

Yes na, to jolt you to the truth. When you define life, you'll not need to ask your question. Except you just want to win him in an argument and have the last say.

The definition of life wouldn't help his or your case. Life is the quality that separates living organisms from dead matter and is identified with the following qualities reproduction, sensitivity to environmental stimuli, respiration, growth, ingestion, excretion, movement.
Re: Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal by hopefulLandlord: 8:11am On Dec 17, 2022
ENGINEERG:

That's a question you have to ask those that believe aborted babies go straight to heaven
Re: Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal by Image123(m): 1:36pm On Dec 17, 2022
LordReed:

The definition of life wouldn't help his or your case. Life is the quality that separates living organisms from dead matter and is identified with the following qualities reproduction, sensitivity to environmental stimuli, respiration, growth, ingestion, excretion, movement.

Are babies in the womb living things?

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal by LordReed(m): 2:15pm On Dec 17, 2022
Image123:

Are babies in the womb living things?

Yes they are living things.

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal by Image123(m): 4:05pm On Dec 17, 2022
LordReed:

Yes they are living things.

To kill is to deprive of life, or cause the death of. Are babies in the womb not deprived life by abortion?

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal by LordReed(m): 4:26pm On Dec 17, 2022
Image123:

To kill is to deprive of life, or cause the death of. Are babies in the womb not deprived life by abortion?

Yes they are deprived of life by abortion. We deprive many things of life and don't call it murder or even see it as wrong.

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal by Image123(m): 6:28pm On Dec 17, 2022
LordReed:

Yes they are deprived of life by abortion. We deprive many things of life and don't call it murder or even see it as wrong.

Like humans?

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal by LordReed(m): 6:49pm On Dec 17, 2022
Image123:

Like humans?

Yes even humans.

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal by Image123(m): 4:22am On Dec 18, 2022
LordReed:

Yes even humans.

Good, do you now see why we don't call every human death murder, crime or genocide? It all depends on the context.

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal by LordReed(m): 7:51am On Dec 18, 2022
Image123:

Good, do you now see why we don't call every human death murder, crime or genocide? It all depends on the context.

I agree that context is useful in determining what is considered murder.

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal by Image123(m): 12:06pm On Dec 18, 2022
LordReed:

I agree that context is useful in determining what is considered murder.

Great.

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal by NNTR: 3:56pm On Dec 18, 2022
ENGINEERG:
So far its widely known there are at least 11 - 12 dimensions, and so, operating in a different dimension, other than 3-D, will be in place, and the implication of that is, stages of life, in terms of being babies or adult, would have become redundant, so the point being advanced here, is that, aborted babies in heaven, will be neither babies or adults. They'll be as deserving or appropriate in the circumstances heaven is found to be.

hopefulLandlord:
That's a question you have to ask those that believe aborted babies go straight to heaven
Luke 16:19-22
19 “There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day.
20 But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate,
21 desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man’s table.
Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
22 So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham’s bosom.
The rich man also died and was buried.

No human being dead or alive is currently in heaven. In fact, it is Abraham's bosom nka Paradise where all departed souls currently are.

Heaven, actually is going to be a honeymoon destination following the wedding of the Groom and the church.

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Never Make Deals With The Devil. / The 2024 Total Solar Eclipse / Abomination! Obasanjo In Redemption Camp?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.