Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Share Your Experience Of The Weirdest Roommate Or Friend You've Had. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Share Your Experience Of The Weirdest Roommate Or Friend You've Had. (796 Views)

What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? / Two Days Fifteen Million Naira Job (the Experience Of A Pastor) / What's The Best Story You've Ever Read Here On Literature Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experience Of The Weirdest Roommate Or Friend You've Had. by Ramanto(m): 8:00pm On Mar 19, 2021
Sitting alone this evening and thinking about the different calibres of people I have met in life, I can't help smiling. From these people, some characters simply stand out.
First on the list was my roommate in the hostel . He was actually squatting in the room with one of his weird friends. These two guys were super intelligent and the most eloquent speakers I've seen. But through out my stay in the hostel with them for about two years, neither of them attended lectures once. Though one used to write exams, while the other never did. The two would play scrabble and chess from morning till late night. They spend their night booking games on naija bet. They had no girlfriends, they were just two close, inseparable friends. I feel one would feel betrayed if the one had a girlfriend. Both were supporting Man U, and would argue all day. They were the most interesting people I have come across in life; there's no dull moment with them and there was much to learn from them.

The main character, let me call him Salanke, was the weirder of the two. He was a novel addict. He read anything readable apart from his academic materials ��. At a point, I thought he wasn't very normal.
His parents were not on good terms. The dad was trying to bring in a second wife and send his own mum to the village. The mom was always calling him, as the first son to complain.
In the middle of a tough chess game with his pal, his mom's call will come in. In his words upon seeing the call after shouting "ohhhhhhhhhh God!", "this people again!! Won't they just free me" then he will pick the call and say mom, "you people want to kill me, you are praying that I should pass my exams. How will I pass when you are distracting me?". He would end the call and continue his game. His friend will not pay the least of attention to him. He would just urge him to play.
A few minutes later after making a wrong decision in the chess game, he will be like...." God I'm really tired of this people, I just wish I could disappear." "God, why can't my father just die so that everybody can rest?"

To be continued

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Of The Weirdest Roommate Or Friend You've Had. by chukslawrence(m): 8:10pm On Mar 19, 2021
Reading
Re: Share Your Experience Of The Weirdest Roommate Or Friend You've Had. by Queenlovely(f): 8:11pm On Mar 19, 2021
grin cheesy
Re: Share Your Experience Of The Weirdest Roommate Or Friend You've Had. by Educonomist: 5:47pm On Aug 24, 2021
Update

(1) (Reply)

Blogger / Tribute To Michael Jackson / The Graphic Novel You Have Been Waiting For!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.