Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,286 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

How Pastor Adeboye Was Nearly Killed By A Former Governor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Pastor Adeboye Was Nearly Killed By A Former Governor (719 Views)

How Enugu Man was nearly killed After Converting To Islam / We Can Be As Perfect As God, Here Is How - Pastor Sunday Adelaja / When Pastor E.A Adeboye Was In Ogoni Kingdom For 1 Day Crusade. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Pastor Adeboye Was Nearly Killed By A Former Governor by kfayiga(m): 10:31pm On Mar 19, 2021
General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has given an account of how he almost got killed by a former governor during the era of military rule in Nigeria.

Read more at:
https://www.ekohotblog.com/2021/03/19/how-adeboye-killed-by-a-governor/

Re: How Pastor Adeboye Was Nearly Killed By A Former Governor by SanctifiedSista(f): 10:33pm On Mar 19, 2021
kfayiga:
General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has given an account of how he almost got killed by a former governor during the era of military rule in Nigeria.

Read more at:
https://www.ekohotblog.com/2021/03/19/how-adeboye-killed-by-a-governor/
thank God they did not succeed
Re: How Pastor Adeboye Was Nearly Killed By A Former Governor by Kobojunkie: 10:39pm On Mar 19, 2021
kfayiga:
Story story... what is the name of the former governor? undecided
Re: How Pastor Adeboye Was Nearly Killed By A Former Governor by Lcf69(m): 11:03pm On Mar 19, 2021
It's a pity anyway but,you both are two parallel lines in your service delivery to humanity or was there any act of trespass...... PINNED.
Re: How Pastor Adeboye Was Nearly Killed By A Former Governor by bmdmix1: 11:09pm On Mar 19, 2021
n which governor is dat? hmmm
Re: How Pastor Adeboye Was Nearly Killed By A Former Governor by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:32am On Mar 20, 2021
I believe it was during Abacha's administration when it seemed several church leaders were being targeted.

One Bishop Ilobutaife (not sure I got the spelling right) got killed. There was also an assassination attempt on Bishop Oyedepo's life but he escaped. Pastor Christ Okotie was attacked severally by gun men among other during that same period.

And not just church leaders were killed during that brutal dictator's regime, but also several activists like M.K.O Abiola, Kudirat Abiola, Fela's mum etc. Several assasination attempts were amade on the lives of others like Fela , Gani fawehinmi, and others.

He was also mindlessly looting the wealth of the nation and storing it up for himself, unknown to him that he had gotten to the end of his rope and his end was near, as he soon died disgracefully in the presence of prostitutes.

People who are calling President Buhari a brutal dictator don't have any idea what it means to be one. Most of those speaking against Mr president now forming courageous, didn't have and wouldn't have had liver to cough during Abacha's brutal regime.

That's why I yet respect people like Fela in spite of his shortcomings and excesses, because in terms of confronting brutal dictators of his day and calling them to order, he reminds of the prophets of old and the Elijahs of bible days, more than most of the present day church leaders. Imagine someone who dared to call out a truly brutal dictator like Abacha, such a courage i believe would have been very useful in the advancement of God's work on Earth. But God knows best.

God bless.

3 Likes

Re: How Pastor Adeboye Was Nearly Killed By A Former Governor by Jafaar: 4:18pm On Mar 20, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
I believe it was during Abacha's administration when it seemed several church leaders were being targeted.

One Bishop Ilobutaife (not sure I got the spelling right) got killed. There was also an assassination attempt on Bishop Oyedepo's life but he escaped. Pastor Christ Okotie was attacked severally by gun men among other during that same period.

And not just church leaders were killed during that brutal dictator's regime, but also several activists like M.K.O Abiola, Kudirat Abiola, Fela's mum etc. Several assasination attempts were amade on the lives of others like Fela , Gani fawehinmi, and others.

He was also mindlessly looting the wealth of the nation and storing it up for himself, unknown to him that he had gotten to the end of his rope and his end was near, as he soon died disgracefully in the presence of prostitutes.

People who are calling President Buhari a brutal dictator don't have any idea what it means to be one. Most of those speaking against Mr president now forming courageous, didn't have and wouldn't have had liver to cough during Abacha's brutal regime.

That's why I yet respect people like Fela in spite of his shortcomings and excesses, because in terms of confronting brutal dictators of his day and calling them to order, he reminds of the prophets of old and the Elijahs of bible days, more than most of the present day church leaders. Imagine someone who dared to call out a truly brutal dictator like Abacha, such a courage i believe would have been very useful in the advancement of God's work on Earth. But God knows best.

God bless.
read your Bible well,Elijah was afraid
Re: How Pastor Adeboye Was Nearly Killed By A Former Governor by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:10pm On Mar 20, 2021
Jafaar:
read your Bible well,Elijah was afraid
Learn not to be in too much of a haste to quote someone without reading the quote very well otherwise you'd end up misquoting the person, or tell me where I said Elijah wasn't afraid in what you quoted.
Re: How Pastor Adeboye Was Nearly Killed By A Former Governor by bcomputer101: 3:36am On Mar 21, 2021
stupid bloggers with half-baked news
Re: How Pastor Adeboye Was Nearly Killed By A Former Governor by orunto27: 4:28am On Mar 21, 2021
WHERE I AM GOING, YOU CANNOT FOLLOW.

BUT I GO NOW TO PREPARE YOUR PLACES SO I CAN BE BACK TO TAKE YOU THERE.

(1) (Reply)

Hours After Pastor Dare Was Announced Dead, Read What TB Joshua Points Out Conce / Prophet Racine Introduces The Book Tb Joshua The Servant Of God: Photonews / “Sacking Of Living Faith Pastors Is In-line With God’s Word” – Senior Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.