Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

How Enugu Man was nearly killed After Converting To Islam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Enugu Man was nearly killed After Converting To Islam (979 Views)

800 Ethiopians Killed After Defending ‘Ark Of The Covenant' / "Evil Owl Sent To Attack My Parents Killed After Midnight Prayer" - Lady / No Anambra Man Would Let An Enugu Man Be President” – Rev Fr. Mbaka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Enugu Man was nearly killed After Converting To Islam by Takara: 3:12pm On Oct 02, 2022
Sunday Remijius, now Abubakar, hails from Udenu Local Government Area of Enugu State. Born into a strong Catholic family, the graduate of Economics education, from the Nasarawa State College of Education who loves cooking, was employed at one of the Shoprite offices in Abuja as a Merchandiser.

But his encounter with a colleague led him to Islam. That decision has left him with steel in his leg from one of the several attacks from his family for renouncing his religion. In this interview, he shares his tough journey to Islam, his struggles with his family and his cry for help, among other issues of interest. Excerpts:

How did you become a Muslim?

I accepted Islam through the influence of a colleague while I was working at Shoprite in Apo, Abuja. His name is Ibrahim and his attitude made me to become a Muslim. Shoprite employ people from a state and post them to another state for training. I was posted from Abuja to Kano but I met Ibrahim when he was posted to Abuja from Kano. There were about 23 boys with me then and some cabal used to deduct N2000 each from the salaries of all us unknown to the management. This happened for years. Ibrahim was directly in charge of that ‘deduction project’ when he came but he refused to take the money. When I inquired why, he said his religion does not allow him to touch haram. Coupled with other traits I noticed about him because of his religion, it made me to accept Islam. I reasoned that if his attitude was possible because of his religion, then I want to be part of the religion.

How did your wife receive the news of your conversion?

We were working together at Shoprite then but she was angry when she learnt that I converted. Initially I didn’t want her to know. But one day, she saw me coming out of the mosque we have at the office and was wondering what I went there for. I opened up and told her ‘I’m now a Muslim’. Her name is Helen. She said she can never convert to Islam and called my family who came down to Abuja from Nasarawa State where we lived. This was in 2020. All they thought was that someone converted me. The period coincided with my yearly leave at Shoprite and I took the opportunity to travel to Enugu State with my wife. Meanwhile, because of my conversion, my family left Nasarawa State and relocated home. They said I brought shame to them, especially my father who is a traditional title holder.

How will you describe your experience with your parents as a Muslim?

It was terrible and unimaginable, especially for my father. He finds it hard to believe that I could be a Muslim and want to remain one. But my mother and younger sister, who is the last born in our family, love me so much. After my conversion, if I miss any prayer, I will be very uncomfortable until after I pray and I will happy and very peaceful with myself and everyone around me. I was observing my Maghrib prayer in one instance and reciting Suratul Fatiha aloud when all of a sudden, I felt a terrible blow from behind. When I turned, they were some of my relatives. They hit me with plank, iron and anything they could get. I tried to fight back because I am a very strong person just like Umar in Islam, but they were five of them. They hit me to the extent that I fainted and they wanted to kill me. It was my mother that prevented them by throwing herself on top of me that day. When I regained consciousness, I discovered that I couldn’t stand up anymore and my hands and legs were broken. Initially, I was taken to a local hospital in Enugu where I was bedridden for six months. My hands were okay but my legs became a problem. Anytime I tried to walk, I will feel and hear cracking of bones inside me. I made arrangement to come to Idala Hospital in Kano for specialized treatment on the advice of Ibrahim. It was there that steel was infused into my leg. The treatment cost me my entire savings because I was doing very well at Shoprite with about N200,000 salary when my allowances were added. My office gave me six months but I spend about a year and five weeks without full recovery. It was within this period that I lost my job at Shoprite. I was loved there and the management wanted and was eager to give me back my job, but for my condition.

How much did your operation cost?

About N420,000. I was operated twice. After the first time, my leg became shorter, so I went back and they had to use something to lengthen it a bit. That was when they put the steel in my leg.

During your time of tribulation, did you receive any assistance from the family?

No, except my mother who loves me to a fault. Although she was not happy that I became a Muslim, she offered support when she realized they wanted to take my life.

Did you reach out to the Muslim community in Enugu?

I’m the only Igbo Muslim in my entire local government, apart from those that came for business. There is a mosque where I used to go to pray and the mosque management later involved the police. But my father as a high-ranking personality intimidated the policemen. He said he had to relocate from Nasarawa because of me and here I am again. He told them that I am his first son, and unless I renounce Islam and stop praying, he will never allow me have peace. I told him that I wasn’t the one that chose Islam, rather it was Allah that revealed it to me and he said over his dead body. When we got home, I was told that I’m no longer welcome in the house and on the land which he gave me where I built my house. I have left everything for him. It was the DPO of the station who is also a Muslim that I met where I used to go and observe Jumat that advised me to emulate the Prophet (SAW) and make hijrah by leaving the community. My father warned him not to interfere or it will lead to another crisis. He rejected the intervention of my mother. It was one Hausa man that gave me N50,000, another one gave me N20,000 among other assistance. I had to leave because my wife and her family were also giving me problem. I collected my daughter who is 7 years old now and arranged for her to get to Nasarawa.

How did you come to Ilorin and how have you been surviving?

It was one Hausa man I met in Enugu, who had once sold meat in Ilorin, that advised me to come down to Ilorin maybe because of the relative peace and tolerance here. I was given a place to stay by a good Muslim and one Hausa told me to always come if I want to eat. My place is at the heart of Maraba Motor Park where passengers to Kano, Kaduna and Niger, among other states in the north, board vehicles. I help the drivers to load (for a token) whenever I am not having pain in my leg.

Have you been speaking to your family?

It is only my mother and our last born that still speak to me. There was a time during this fiasco in Enugu that my sister Lovina came to my house and saw me sleeping. My English translated Qur’an which I often read before going to be bed was on the ground and she began to read it. It coincided with the time my father walked in. It was her scream that work me up from the vicious hit from my father.

Since your conversion to Islam, any regrets?

The only regret I have is the persecution from my family. I love my mother so much and my happiest day will be to witness her profession of Islam. That will further inspire many others to follow. But I know most of my family members wouldn’t want that to happen. If I put on jalabiya back there in Enugu, my people will be looking at me as if I don’t know what I am doing. They see my conversation as something abnormal and unusual.

What help do you seek now?

The help I seek is concerning my legs, the metal implant is affecting me. Sometimes I sit down on the ground to pray and hate myself (astaghfirullah). At times, I will cry and pray to Allah to assist me. Sometimes, I wonder if I’m the first person to convert to Islam. Lovina once asked me that if she converts to Islam, will she also pass through the same pain I’m passing through. If I had my way, I would have brought her closer to me. She is a graduate of the Nasarawa State University. I am trying to convince her because I know that In Sha Allah, I will be the source of my family accepting Islam.

How much will the operation cost?

The doctor at Idala said N120,000 and I have tried to raise the money by selling the only phone I have now for N11,000. I don’t have anyone again. I had sold my Mercedes 190 during a stage of the previous operations. I wanted to make arrangement to dispose my remaining motorcycle but learnt my junior ones are using it. I had to forgo the idea because I don’t want anything that would disrupt the happiness of my

https://dailytrust.com/tough-road-how-enugu-man-overcame-huddles-converting-to-islam
Re: How Enugu Man was nearly killed After Converting To Islam by chiefolododo(m): 3:13pm On Oct 02, 2022
Ok
Re: How Enugu Man was nearly killed After Converting To Islam by SuperWriter(f): 3:15pm On Oct 02, 2022
Every journey has its up and down.

That's your own journey, your choice, and what makes you happy.
Re: How Enugu Man was nearly killed After Converting To Islam by Takara: 3:17pm On Oct 02, 2022
And these are people laying claim to religious tolerance. Trying to kill your brother because he converted to Islam

1 Like

Re: How Enugu Man was nearly killed After Converting To Islam by Codepain: 3:22pm On Oct 02, 2022
R
Re: How Enugu Man was nearly killed After Converting To Islam by Blakjewelry(m): 3:26pm On Oct 02, 2022
Men are the origin of religion, they formulated for their own selfish end hence they go vawlent when they feel threatened
Re: How Enugu Man was nearly killed After Converting To Islam by TinubuDeDrugLor: 4:03pm On Oct 02, 2022
A 23-year-old Muslim woman in eastern Uganda who converted to Christianity on Sept. 18 was poisoned to death that night, sources said.

SOURCE: https://www.nairaland.com/7362985/23year-old-christian-lady-poisoned

Namata Habiiba attended a church service on Sept. 18 at the invitation of a friend in Wakawaka village, Bugiri District and put her faith in Christ, the friend said.

Habiiba, who lived with her Muslim stepmother after her parents were killed in a vehicle accident in 2019, returned home from the church service with her friend, and her stepmother asked why she had returned so late. Habiiba told her she had attended a church service and converted to Christianity, causing her stepmother, Namu Sauya, to stop talking to her, according to the friend, whose name is withheld for security reasons.

Sauya prepared and served food for them and then left the room, said the friend, who was fasting that day and did not eat. Within minutes, Habiiba started complaining of severe stomach pain and began to vomit, the friend said.

The friend shouted for Sauya, but there was no response, she said. Soon neighbors arrived, but Sauya had disappeared, Habiiba’s friend said.

They rushed Habiiba to a hospital in Bugiri, where a doctor gave her medication, but she soon died, the friend said. A postmortem, she said, determined she had died from ingesting rat poison.

Habiiba leaves behind a 3-year-old child, an area resident said. The father is a married Muslim who had planned to take her as his second wife, the source said.

Local officials and other villagers condemned the killing and have undertaken a search for Sauya, who remains missing, the resident said.

Habiiba’s body was laid to rest on Saturday (Sept. 24) in Musubi village, where her father was buried.

Mother Beaten for Her Faith

In central Uganda’s Bamusuta village, Kiboga District, a Muslim beat and left his wife after learning she had converted to Christianity.

Falida Nazziwa, 42, on Sept. 10 attended an all-night prayer vigil at an undisclosed church in Kiboga town while her husband was away in his work as a truck driver, she said. A secret Christian, Nazziwa expected her husband, Saidi Mudogo, to return late in the day on Sept. 11, but he had returned home when she arrived that morning, she said.

“In the morning as I went back home, I found my husband very furious on the compound, and he asked about where I slept,” Nazziwa told Morning Star News. “I told him the truth that I had gone for an overnight prayer in the church. After hearing the words ‘overnight prayer,’ he just jumped on my neck shouting, ‘Prayers, not in my house,’ and started beating and strangling me while shouting, ‘ Allah akbar [allah is greater]!
Kafir, kafir [infidel]!’”

Two men heard Nazziwa’s cries and rushed over to rescue her, but Mudogo chased her and her two younger children away, and they took refuge at an undisclosed location, she said. The couple has three other older children who were away at the time.
The church pastor, unnamed for security reasons, said Nazziwa has received treatment at a medical clinic in Kiboga. She was taking medication for swelling and had internal injuries causing severe pain, he said.

“The husband has disappeared since then, but we shall get him,” the pastor told Morning Star News. “I have reported the incident at the Kiboga police station. We hope the assailant will be arrested and justice given for the ailing mother.”

https://www.nairaland.com/7362985/23year-old-christian-lady-poisoned

1 Like

Re: How Enugu Man was nearly killed After Converting To Islam by MrPRevailer(m): 11:18am On Oct 03, 2022
There's nowhere in the Bible that Jesus, the founder of Christianity demanded Christians to be violent.
Even the soldiers who wanted to be his followers, he commanded them "Don't harm anyone again".

But Allah commanded "Smite the necks of the disbelievers". "If a Muslim converts/apostatize, kill him"
Mohammed and his companions killed many infidels and looted them. Claiming it's Allah's will.

You want to join a religion, study the books, not just the lives of the followers. The world is a big place to be judging a religion by one person's good deed.
Re: How Enugu Man was nearly killed After Converting To Islam by Lawag3: 12:16pm On Oct 03, 2022
Takara:
And these are people laying claim to religious tolerance. Trying to kill your brother because he converted to Islam

If they tried to kill him then it's because of their personal hatred for Islam because even you knows the bible preaches tolerance unlike Islam
Re: How Enugu Man was nearly killed After Converting To Islam by noble2faith(m): 12:52pm On Oct 03, 2022
Lawag3:

If they tried to kill him then it's because of their personal hatred for Islam because even you knows the bible preaches tolerance unlike Islam

Abeg help me ring am to his ears wella.
Re: How Enugu Man was nearly killed After Converting To Islam by noble2faith(m): 12:56pm On Oct 03, 2022
Takara:

Christianity does not teach them that. Like someone has said, their action was solely born out of the deep hatred they have towards Islam.

Now this question to. Be sincere to us, in fact I would love you to swear by your Quran in answering this question that the answer you will give should be nothing but the truth and it shouldn't be based on sentiment.

Between Islam and Christianity, which is more tolerant?
Re: How Enugu Man was nearly killed After Converting To Islam by Takara: 8:14pm On Oct 03, 2022
noble2faith:

Christianity does not teach them that. Like someone has said, their action was solely born out of the deep hatred they have towards Islam.

Now this question to. Be sincere to us, in fact I would love you to swear by your Quran in answering this question that the answer you will give should be nothing but the truth and it shouldn't be based on sentiment.

Between Islam and Christianity, which is more tolerant?
Why do you want me to swear? Did anybody asked you to swear before making your statement?

Now to your question. Islam preaches more tolerance than Christianity. Qur’an 2:256 clearly stated that there is no compulsion in religion. Show me a corresponding verse on the bible that preaches tolerance
Re: How Enugu Man was nearly killed After Converting To Islam by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:28pm On Oct 03, 2022
Takara:

Why do you want me to swear? Did anybody asked you to swear before making your statement?
Now to your question. Islam preaches more tolerance than Christianity. Qur’an 2:256 clearly stated that there is no compulsion in religion. Show me a corresponding verse on the bible that preaches tolerance
God never commanded Israelites to preach it was Jesus who commissioned preaching {Matthew 28:19-20} and Jesus taught his disciples to be tolerant! Luke 9:51-56 smiley

1 Like

Re: How Enugu Man was nearly killed After Converting To Islam by noble2faith(m): 10:01pm On Oct 03, 2022
Takara:

Swear young man if you are sure!

Go and conduct research on that particular verse in the Quran. It was when Islam was still growing your prophet said so. Go and conduct research on that. After Islam grew to the point your prophet now saw that it was powerful enough, then he began the real compulsion.

Even if your scripture says so, do you guys practice it?
In practice, who is more tolerant?
What do you have to say concerning those that converted to Christianity but were later killed or imprisoned? Is that not compulsion?

About pointing out in the Bible where we are asked to tolerate one another.
Ephesians 4:2 “Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
Hebrew 12:14 says follow peace with "all men"...
Take note of "all men".
Aside from that, Jesus Christ demonstrated tolerance by eating with sinners, his encounter with the Samaritan woman
Re: How Enugu Man was nearly killed After Converting To Islam by Takara: 7:51am On Oct 04, 2022
noble2faith:

Swear young man if you are sure!

Go and conduct research on that particular verse in the Quran. It was when Islam was still growing your prophet said so. Go and conduct research on that. After Islam grew to the point your prophet now saw that it was powerful enough, then he began the real compulsion.

Even if your scripture says so, do you guys practice it?
In practice, who is more tolerant?
What do you have to say concerning those that converted to Christianity but were later killed or imprisoned? Is that not compulsion?

About pointing out in the Bible where we are asked to tolerate one another.
Ephesians 4:2 “Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
Hebrew 12:14 says follow peace with "all men"...
Take note of "all men".
Aside from that, Jesus Christ demonstrated tolerance by eating with sinners, his encounter with the Samaritan woman

All the verses you quoted from the bible were not talking about religious tolerance, be humble and gentle does not equate religious tolerance.

While the verses 2: 56 I referred to specifically talks about no compulsion in religion.
I challenge you to quote a biblical verse that specifically talks about religious tolerance
Re: How Enugu Man was nearly killed After Converting To Islam by knowingChrist(m): 8:38am On Oct 04, 2022
It's quite unfortunate that he had to go through this torment.. I wish him quick revovery and would have donated if i had money with me.

However, I'd like to add that it's a pity his family is not saved even though the professed Christ. Many who call on the name of Jesus are not saved today bc they do not yet believe in their heart. For believing entails obeying the commandment of Jesus and this commandment is that we must dwell in peace with all men but his family have not believed in the name they call.

Also, it's sad that this fellow has lost his life and a chance for salvation despite with all this. It'll be painful to his soul to find out that he has condemned himself despite all this. Islam is not religion of truth and it's quite unfortunate that someone Has to pass through fire to buy a lie.

Quite saddening that i reason that he has no place in eternal life despite all this worldly torment. I wish he'll find his path back to Christ and I also wish that his family should be saved. May God help them all.

Takara:
Sunday Remijius, now Abubakar, hails from Udenu Local Government Area of Enugu State. Born into a strong Catholic family, the graduate of Economics education, from the Nasarawa State College of Education who loves cooking, was employed at one of the Shoprite offices in Abuja as a Merchandiser.

But his encounter with a colleague led him to Islam. That decision has left him with steel in his leg from one of the several attacks from his family for renouncing his religion. In this interview, he shares his tough journey to Islam, his struggles with his family and his cry for help, among other issues of interest. Excerpts:

How did you become a Muslim?

I accepted Islam through the influence of a colleague while I was working at Shoprite in Apo, Abuja. His name is Ibrahim and his attitude made me to become a Muslim. Shoprite employ people from a state and post them to another state for training. I was posted from Abuja to Kano but I met Ibrahim when he was posted to Abuja from Kano. There were about 23 boys with me then and some cabal used to deduct N2000 each from the salaries of all us unknown to the management. This happened for years. Ibrahim was directly in charge of that ‘deduction project’ when he came but he refused to take the money. When I inquired why, he said his religion does not allow him to touch haram. Coupled with other traits I noticed about him because of his religion, it made me to accept Islam. I reasoned that if his attitude was possible because of his religion, then I want to be part of the religion.

How did your wife receive the news of your conversion?

We were working together at Shoprite then but she was angry when she learnt that I converted. Initially I didn’t want her to know. But one day, she saw me coming out of the mosque we have at the office and was wondering what I went there for. I opened up and told her ‘I’m now a Muslim’. Her name is Helen. She said she can never convert to Islam and called my family who came down to Abuja from Nasarawa State where we lived. This was in 2020. All they thought was that someone converted me. The period coincided with my yearly leave at Shoprite and I took the opportunity to travel to Enugu State with my wife. Meanwhile, because of my conversion, my family left Nasarawa State and relocated home. They said I brought shame to them, especially my father who is a traditional title holder.

How will you describe your experience with your parents as a Muslim?

It was terrible and unimaginable, especially for my father. He finds it hard to believe that I could be a Muslim and want to remain one. But my mother and younger sister, who is the last born in our family, love me so much. After my conversion, if I miss any prayer, I will be very uncomfortable until after I pray and I will happy and very peaceful with myself and everyone around me. I was observing my Maghrib prayer in one instance and reciting Suratul Fatiha aloud when all of a sudden, I felt a terrible blow from behind. When I turned, they were some of my relatives. They hit me with plank, iron and anything they could get. I tried to fight back because I am a very strong person just like Umar in Islam, but they were five of them. They hit me to the extent that I fainted and they wanted to kill me. It was my mother that prevented them by throwing herself on top of me that day. When I regained consciousness, I discovered that I couldn’t stand up anymore and my hands and legs were broken. Initially, I was taken to a local hospital in Enugu where I was bedridden for six months. My hands were okay but my legs became a problem. Anytime I tried to walk, I will feel and hear cracking of bones inside me. I made arrangement to come to Idala Hospital in Kano for specialized treatment on the advice of Ibrahim. It was there that steel was infused into my leg. The treatment cost me my entire savings because I was doing very well at Shoprite with about N200,000 salary when my allowances were added. My office gave me six months but I spend about a year and five weeks without full recovery. It was within this period that I lost my job at Shoprite. I was loved there and the management wanted and was eager to give me back my job, but for my condition.

How much did your operation cost?

About N420,000. I was operated twice. After the first time, my leg became shorter, so I went back and they had to use something to lengthen it a bit. That was when they put the steel in my leg.

During your time of tribulation, did you receive any assistance from the family?

No, except my mother who loves me to a fault. Although she was not happy that I became a Muslim, she offered support when she realized they wanted to take my life.

Did you reach out to the Muslim community in Enugu?

I’m the only Igbo Muslim in my entire local government, apart from those that came for business. There is a mosque where I used to go to pray and the mosque management later involved the police. But my father as a high-ranking personality intimidated the policemen. He said he had to relocate from Nasarawa because of me and here I am again. He told them that I am his first son, and unless I renounce Islam and stop praying, he will never allow me have peace. I told him that I wasn’t the one that chose Islam, rather it was Allah that revealed it to me and he said over his dead body. When we got home, I was told that I’m no longer welcome in the house and on the land which he gave me where I built my house. I have left everything for him. It was the DPO of the station who is also a Muslim that I met where I used to go and observe Jumat that advised me to emulate the Prophet (SAW) and make hijrah by leaving the community. My father warned him not to interfere or it will lead to another crisis. He rejected the intervention of my mother. It was one Hausa man that gave me N50,000, another one gave me N20,000 among other assistance. I had to leave because my wife and her family were also giving me problem. I collected my daughter who is 7 years old now and arranged for her to get to Nasarawa.

How did you come to Ilorin and how have you been surviving?

It was one Hausa man I met in Enugu, who had once sold meat in Ilorin, that advised me to come down to Ilorin maybe because of the relative peace and tolerance here. I was given a place to stay by a good Muslim and one Hausa told me to always come if I want to eat. My place is at the heart of Maraba Motor Park where passengers to Kano, Kaduna and Niger, among other states in the north, board vehicles. I help the drivers to load (for a token) whenever I am not having pain in my leg.

Have you been speaking to your family?

It is only my mother and our last born that still speak to me. There was a time during this fiasco in Enugu that my sister Lovina came to my house and saw me sleeping. My English translated Qur’an which I often read before going to be bed was on the ground and she began to read it. It coincided with the time my father walked in. It was her scream that work me up from the vicious hit from my father.

Since your conversion to Islam, any regrets?

The only regret I have is the persecution from my family. I love my mother so much and my happiest day will be to witness her profession of Islam. That will further inspire many others to follow. But I know most of my family members wouldn’t want that to happen. If I put on jalabiya back there in Enugu, my people will be looking at me as if I don’t know what I am doing. They see my conversation as something abnormal and unusual.

What help do you seek now?

The help I seek is concerning my legs, the metal implant is affecting me. Sometimes I sit down on the ground to pray and hate myself (astaghfirullah). At times, I will cry and pray to Allah to assist me. Sometimes, I wonder if I’m the first person to convert to Islam. Lovina once asked me that if she converts to Islam, will she also pass through the same pain I’m passing through. If I had my way, I would have brought her closer to me. She is a graduate of the Nasarawa State University. I am trying to convince her because I know that In Sha Allah, I will be the source of my family accepting Islam.

How much will the operation cost?

The doctor at Idala said N120,000 and I have tried to raise the money by selling the only phone I have now for N11,000. I don’t have anyone again. I had sold my Mercedes 190 during a stage of the previous operations. I wanted to make arrangement to dispose my remaining motorcycle but learnt my junior ones are using it. I had to forgo the idea because I don’t want anything that would disrupt the happiness of my

https://dailytrust.com/tough-road-how-enugu-man-overcame-huddles-converting-to-islam
Re: How Enugu Man was nearly killed After Converting To Islam by noble2faith(m): 5:32pm On Oct 04, 2022
Takara:

All the verses you quoted from the bible were not talking about religious tolerance, be humble and gentle does not equate religious tolerance.

While the verses 2: 56 I referred to specifically talks about no compulsion in religion.
I challenge you to quote a biblical verse that specifically talks about religious tolerance

Shey u get comprehension problem ni? Do you expect to see it written word for word just it is written in Quran ni? Those verses I provided up there, tolerance is implied in them.

"Follow peace with all men..." When you be at peace with everyone around, you tolerate them irrespective of the social differences, which religion is also among.

"...bearing with one another in love..." Tolerance is also implied here. Not just tolerance, but tolerance with love.

The message is clearly postulated, even audible to the deaf and visible to the blind.

Now to my question. You said Islam teaches tolerance based on what you quoted from Quran. Agreed. It is undisputable.

The question is "Do you guys practice what Islam teaches?"

Even your so called prophet did not practice it during his time. The reason he said so then was because Islam was just growing then. He knew if he used force like he did later, Islam would be destroyed. He subtly said there is no compulsion in religion just to win hearts of people. After Islam gained momentum, he unleashed the Islamic dragon. He started using the compulsion he preached against earlier.
Re: How Enugu Man was nearly killed After Converting To Islam by Maynmann: 6:18pm On Oct 04, 2022
noble2faith:

Shey u get comprehension problem ni? Do you expect to see it written word for word just it is written in Quran ni? Those verses I provided up there, tolerance is implied in them.

"Follow peace with all men..." When you be at peace with everyone around, you tolerate them irrespective of the social differences, which religion is also among.

"...bearing with one another in love..." Tolerance is also implied here. Not just tolerance, but tolerance with love.

The message is clearly postulated, even audible to the deaf and visible to the blind.

Now to my question. You said Islam teaches tolerance based on what you quoted from Quran. Agreed. It is undisputable.

The question is "Do you guys practice what Islam teaches?"

Even your so called prophet did not practice it during his time. The reason he said so then was because Islam was just growing then. He knew if he used force like he did later, Islam would be destroyed. He subtly said there is no compulsion in religion just to win hearts of people. After Islam gained momentum, he unleashed the Islamic dragon. He started using the compulsion he preached against earlier.

Where was this tolerance when one deity was killing some people’s first born?
Na another person offend you, you are now killing innocent first borns.
Re: How Enugu Man was nearly killed After Converting To Islam by noble2faith(m): 8:48pm On Oct 04, 2022
Maynmann:

Are you Christian or a Muslim or an atheist?
Re: How Enugu Man was nearly killed After Converting To Islam by Maynmann: 8:49pm On Oct 04, 2022
noble2faith:

Are you Christian or a Muslim or an atheist?

Are you educated?
You mentioned just 2 religion lol
Re: How Enugu Man was nearly killed After Converting To Islam by noble2faith(m): 8:55pm On Oct 04, 2022
Maynmann:

Are you educated?
You mentioned just 2 religion lol

I believe you could use your tongue to count your teeth. You could decipher my message. Just answer the question and stop stylishly dodging it. What are you?
Re: How Enugu Man was nearly killed After Converting To Islam by Maynmann: 8:58pm On Oct 04, 2022
noble2faith:

I believe you could use your tongue to count your teeth. You could decipher my message. Just answer the question and stop stylishly dodging it. What are you?

Keep mentioning other religions you know, don’t be obtuse theist.

Talking about dodging lol
“Where was this tolerance when one deity was killing some people’s first born?
Na another person offend you, you are now killing innocent first borns.“
Re: How Enugu Man was nearly killed After Converting To Islam by noble2faith(m): 9:06pm On Oct 04, 2022
Maynmann:

Keep mentioning other religions you know, don’t be obtuse theist.

Talking about dodging lol
“Where was this tolerance when one deity was killing some people’s first born?
Na another person offend you, you are now killing innocent first borns.“

I know you are a Muslim. Just wanna hear from the horse's mouth. One general feature of every Muslim that poises as an apologist is avoiding a question by diverting into another one.

You asked me about being educated the other time - a question that should be directed to you million times.
U talked about a deity killing the first born of every creature, which has nothing to do with tolerance. This is a different scenerio entirely. I believe you know the story surrounding the killing of the firstborn. I believe you know that before God embarked on doing that series of thing happened. At this point, I won't say anything concerning that again. Take my explanation or leave it.

Since you have decided to harbour someone's burden on your head while holding yours, grin can you answer the question with the sincerity of your mind? Christians of today and Muslims of today, who is more tolerant? If you are economical with the truth, I pray you fall a victim of Islamic fundamsntalists.
Re: How Enugu Man was nearly killed After Converting To Islam by Maynmann: 9:08pm On Oct 04, 2022
noble2faith:

I know you are a Muslim. Just wanna hear from the horse's mouth. One general feature of every Muslim that poises as an apologist is avoiding a question by diverting into another one.

You asked me about being educated the other time - a question that should be directed to you million times.
U talked about a deity killing the first born of every creature, which has nothing to do with tolerance. This is a different scenerio entirely. I believe you know the story surrounding the killing of the firstborn. I believe you know that before God embarked on doing that series of thing happened. At this point, I won't say anything concerning that again. Take my explanation or leave it.

Since you have decided to harbour someone's burden on your head while holding yours, grin can you answer the question with the sincerity of your mind? Christians of today and Muslims of today, who is more tolerant? If you are economical with the truth, I pray you fall a victim of Islamic fundamsntalists.

So there are times that tolerance don’t work? Bwahahahah

See how you are justifying genocide.
Mohammed will be proud cheesy

In your words “Follow peace with all men..." When you be at peace with everyone around, you tolerate them irrespective of the social differences, which religion is also among.”
Re: How Enugu Man was nearly killed After Converting To Islam by noble2faith(m): 9:24pm On Oct 04, 2022
Maynmann:

So there are times that tolerance don’t work? Bwahahahah

See how you are justifying genocide.
Mohammed will be proud cheesy

In your words “Follow peace with all men..." When you be at peace with everyone around, you tolerate them irrespective of the social differences, which religion is also among.”

Answer my question young man. Who is tolerant between Muslims and Christians?
Re: How Enugu Man was nearly killed After Converting To Islam by Maynmann: 9:25pm On Oct 04, 2022
noble2faith:

Answer my question young man. Who is tolerant between Muslims and Christians?
Answer mine old man.
Re: How Enugu Man was nearly killed After Converting To Islam by noble2faith(m): 9:27pm On Oct 04, 2022
Maynmann:

Answer mine old man.

I believe you know the who is more tolerant. I leave you at this junction. grin
Re: How Enugu Man was nearly killed After Converting To Islam by Maynmann: 9:29pm On Oct 04, 2022
noble2faith:

I believe you know the who is more tolerant. I leave you at this junction. grin

Yes, we both know, Genocide Apologist cheesy

Re: How Enugu Man was nearly killed After Converting To Islam by Lawag3: 9:45pm On Oct 04, 2022
Takara:

The bible doesn't specifically talks on religion tolerance but it's speaks on loving your enemy this is what the Quran teaches Qur'an 2:191Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loves not transgressors. And slay them wherever you catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter .
You yourself knows christians are more tolerant.
Re: How Enugu Man was nearly killed After Converting To Islam by Takara: 10:45pm On Oct 04, 2022
Lawag3:

The bible doesn't specifically talks on religion tolerance but it's speaks on loving your enemy this is what the Quran teaches Qur'an 2:191Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loves not transgressors. And slay them wherever you catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter .
You yourself knows christians are more tolerant.
You see yourself even the verse you referred to above clearly admonish muslims not to transgres limits, the verse directed Muslims to fight those who fight them. I.e , if they fight you. Fight them, no reasonable man will consider this as inappropriate.

Now let us see what the bible says about killings and violence:

Not Kill Virgins":
Numbers 31:17-18
Now kill all the boys (in Midian). And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Judges 21:10-12
So the assembly sent twelve thousand fighting men with instructions to go to Jabesh Gilead and put to the sword those living there, including the women and children. 11“This is what you are to do,” they said. “Kill every male and every woman who is not a virgin.” 12They found among the people living in Jabesh Gilead four hundred young women who had never slept with a man, and they took them to the camp at Shiloh in Canaan.

Killing People for Looking into An Ark:
1 Samuel 6:19
And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.

Now between the Quran and the bible which one preaches violence?
(

1 Like

Re: How Enugu Man was nearly killed After Converting To Islam by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 05, 2022
MrPRevailer:
There's nowhere in the Bible that Jesus, the founder of Christianity demanded Christians to be violent.
Even the soldiers who wanted to be his followers, he commanded them "Don't harm anyone again".

But Allah commanded "Smite the necks of the disbelievers". "If a Muslim converts/apostatize, kill him"
Mohammed and his companions killed many infidels and looted them. Claiming it's Allah's will.

You want to join a religion, study the books, not just the lives of the followers. The world is a big place to be judging a religion by one person's good deed.

The last part of your post is what I always tell people. I don't judge any faith based on the actions of its followers, but by the actions of its founder, and the directions in its book(s).

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lets Talk About This Once And For All! / Christians Against Muslims Against Christians Againn? / What Is The Solution ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.