Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Thread On The Path Of Perfection Carefully Lest You Die With Your Greatness. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Thread On The Path Of Perfection Carefully Lest You Die With Your Greatness. (154 Views)

Tinubu: Lest We Forget Because Of Just One Slip / An Army Helicopter Coming From Funeral Crash In Senegal At-lest 8 People Died An / Attention Please: Lest I Forget, Lest You Forget; Lest We Forget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Thread On The Path Of Perfection Carefully Lest You Die With Your Greatness. by iamDrRhymes(m): 10:43am On Mar 20, 2021
Have you ever pondered on the maxim that says 'the richest place is the grave yard'? The irony of life is that men perish with their glories unannounced and It is very common today to see men of high mental prowess roaming the street broke and miserable. In fact, the most talented people I have seen in life are not even known in their regions. What a world! Time and chance happeneth to them all.

I came across a great business opportunity sometimes ago and it was indeed an open door so I set out to some of my great friends who I want to be part of the cheese as majority of us haven't got something doing after Youth Service. To my greatest surprise, none of them bought the idea behind the business. They asked too many questions that I also consider to be rational but wont still change the fact that others are making millions of naira monthly from the same business even till now. So I left them for others that I regarded as the dummies and 'not too smart' ones and to my greatest surprise, most of them jumped on the idea immediately.

Anytime I reflect deeply on those days, I get humbled because I can now see clearly what really held me stagnant for many years. Today, the ones I called the dummies and 'not so smart' are flying high while my intellectual friends are still on the same spot analysis things. I now understand the verse of the bible that says [/b]the race does not belong to the swift, nor riches to the intelligent, nor favor to the men of skill[b]. No wonder Jesus Christ chose ordinary men as his disciples because they can be foolish enough to believe him without complicating issues as intellectual people often turn themself into rebels in any gathering. They will always be the first to object and criticize general consensus.

I have discovered that every smart person has a perfect plan in their head but the unfortunate thing is that their plans are at the mercy of time and chance that most times will never come. These sets of people are only after perfect opportunities and perfect atmosphere forgetting that they can as well create the opportunity and atmosphere using what what they have and starting from where they are. Mediocrity should not be embraced, however perfection is achieved by continual attempt.

Threading on the path of perfection can be very dangerous as tomorrow is never promised. Those who try to be perfect often tend not to leave a footprint on the sands of time, only those who do something- anything! Intelligent people, highly skilled and super talent people often become chronic critics after wasted years of irrelevance. They are the type you see blowing grammar and terminologies at the newspaper stands blaming every government policies- they always know the road but can't drive. What a frustrated life indeed! Is it not normal to hate and criticize what you can't become?

Could it that your taste for perfection is responsible for your stagnancy? What would be your gain if you die now with those beautiful ideas in your head? What is stopping you from writing those books you've always talked about? When are you recording those songs? Just do it! May your riches not be counted among those in the grave.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

FTX To Partner With Miami-dade / Use Rubies Bank For Your P2P Deposits, Transfers / How To Spot Scammers/bots On Binance.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.