Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,833 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto (31927 Views)

North Has No Right To Complain Over Tinubu’s Appointments – Northern Forum / I Have Not Forgiven Obasanjo & I Won’t Forget What Babangida Did To Me – Buhari / Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto Playing Cricket In Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto by JustCruise(m): 10:29am On Mar 21, 2021
Lol ok, let's hear what your gay son has to say about this.

3 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:29am On Mar 21, 2021
festacman:
Yes, Sarduana was killed by young soldiers led by a young who was more Hausa than Igbo. On the flip side, Aguiyi Ironsi was killed by Northern soldiers led by Danjuma. Yes, Igbo suffered progrom and civil war. However after the war, Igbo who lived in the North went back and were warmly welcomed. They repossessed their properties unlike the case of abandoned property. And many more millionaires were made

However, I can't deny that there exist mutual SUSPICION rather than UNFORGIVENESS or hatred between Hausa/Fulani and Igbo just as we also have between Yoruba and Igbo. This suspicion borders on who will outwit each other given that Igbos are seen as 'too clever or crafty' in pursuit of target interests. So, the other ethnic groups more like keep their antennas up and examine everything microscopically when dealing with Igbo.

Outside of politics, there are thousands Igbo traders in the urban and rural parts of Northern Nigeria doing businesses, meeting the needs of those communities and making modest profits in return. If there is a deep-rooted unforgiveness as Doyin Okupe is insinuating, those people won't be thriving there. Personally, I did my NYSC in Safana in Katsina and I and other corps members, who were largely Igbo, mixed freely with the locals. We raised money from the locals for projects and were supported with palpable willingness.

Doyin Okupe is entitled to his opinion. My own opinion is that the problem is SUSPICION rather than UNFORGIVENESS or hatred.
u are matured
U attended good schools, and u truly studied.

This is a fair analysis of the situation.
Re: Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto by Onepeople: 10:30am On Mar 21, 2021
Ibrahimmrfish:

The same way millions of Biafrans were sent home early to receive their 72 virgins also.
so why is the idiot talking about apology?

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto by chosengocap: 10:30am On Mar 21, 2021
Do I want an Igbo to be president of Nigeria just as others have? Yes Not because it will make Igbos richer but because it will make Nigeria equitable and richer. I am Igbo. I grew up privileged.....I went to the best secondary school in Nigeria for free. However, I recall my village and every Igbo village contribute money to electrify their town, build roads even educate their kids...whilst paying taxes to the Federal Government. The Igbos built an airport in Old Imo State.....with their donations....after deceiving N20 from their bank accounts after the civil war What others in Nigeria take for granted like Free Trade Zones, the Igbos do not get or beg for it, just as "pressure" had to be brought for a bridge over the River Niger that all Nigerians will use. The excuse is the civil war, its a convenient excuse, the real reason is fear. The legacy Nigeria fear that the Igbos will progress faster and become richer. ...hence they act like crabs in a bucket. The fear of an economic powerhouse SE was expressed and acted on before any civil war in respect to oil rents that were to accrue to the SE. Fear of the Igbo has paralyzed the Nigerian State. In Nigeria it took decades before ships could sail into Nigeria at night....this a relic of the civil war...how many points did Nigeria shave from her GDP on restricting commerce at night? How can a nation with towns like Onitsha; the largest market in sub-Saharan Africa, Aba; the largest SME cluster, and Nnewi the only auto part cluster in Sub Saharan Africa struggle for intercity rail and international airports? The answer is not corruption, it's the fear....that fears that we all know but never acknowledge that paralyzes the largest economy in Africa. Even today, I am being lectured that a narrow gauge is preferable in the South East but not in the North and West of Nigeria. So Nigeria will continue this dance of holding the Igbo down in the mud...and in 25 years we shall ask again which region per capita has progressed. The igbos owe no apology...they want equity and they will get equity. I end again with this proverb from China Achebe that I have over quoted...." he that holds a man in the mud...holds himself" Kaa...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto by kollinz1234(m): 10:33am On Mar 21, 2021
Ibrahimmrfish:

You can invent fictitious reality if you like if that make you feel better, but it will not change the reality on ground. We all know that Igbo women are the cheapest women in Nigeria and we all have a test of them.
u call it fictitious reality because u don't want to deal with it. Anyways I didn't say it for u to believe, u just have no idea how valueless your women are, I am yet to meet any that doesn't have a stinking puscy

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto by onoja12: 10:33am On Mar 21, 2021
Your history must be half,the agenda of power control of any region in Nigeria was first unviled by the igbos,nnamdi azikiwe to be exact ,he said and I quote it is the god given right of igbo to rule over Africa not even just Nigeria,I wouldn't go into the explicitives of his taughts of the other tribes where he refer to some as stupid or so he taught until they as showed him who was stupid.
The fact remains the igbo owe this country an apology for there behavior over the years and now the fulanis have join the igbo in this crazy culture of domination.

quote author=Nigeriabiafra82 post=100050577]East have not forgive sarduana of sokoto for his racists comment in 1956 during his interview by bbc
Where ,he unveiled northernization agenda,which is what APC manifesto is adapting to
Northernising every political position in Nigeria

Also where he upheld his hatred on easterners and igbos ,to extent even bbc journalists was shock
I think that was why nzeogwu hate him too,a niger delta labeled igbo coup [/quote]
Re: Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto by noisy45(m): 10:37am On Mar 21, 2021
Bouz:
las las rotimi ameachi is the next president.. E go shock these yoruba's their drug lord won't smell that seat. After wasting his lagos loot undecided lipsrsealed..

I tell people in Port Harcourt about this truth you just said.

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto by Onepeople: 10:38am On Mar 21, 2021
Okupe is a big disgrace to the western region, a man who have been in leadership all his life could open his mouth and utter such nonsense, most times I wonder how this people think with their brain, in spite of all the challenges facing us ,this idiot can come up with this divisive statement is unfortunate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto by gimakon2(m): 10:39am On Mar 21, 2021
Hmm, Yoruba, Una no day tire.
Anyways, Any Ibo who contests Election in this useless country for presidency no get sense. infact, he or she no be even the real son of the soil.
A country that expresses hate for a tribe at its slightest provocation. E go make sense make we just go, make una day. We will rebuild again... don't worry.

Imagine being told in the office one day "Imagine, We allow you useless ibos to work here in Lagos , can a yoruba man work in Ibo land?". I felt so bad for an entire week. So, because i am Ibo, I do not deserve anything good? I wanted to report to the Authorities , thinking back, make e no loose e job, I decided to stomach it and let him be. Make i no collect food from his table, appears thats the only thing he has. Any day i remember that, I feel so bad that if i even see a chance to leave, For a better place, a better country, i feel like leaving. The boy has been apologizing for that statement since then , I say its okay, But within me, I have my own assumptions already.

Many a time , We tend to do very stupid things without thinking back. My Ibo brothers are something else, especially those ones based in Asia. I agree, but to make you uncomfortable , Ibo no day do those ones. I know how many Yorubas, Kanuri and Hausa even Fulani people that served in my state during NYSC, in the East and formally settled there and run their Businesses, even brought their family over, even open shops and co there. Why have we not killed them since then? Are you guys being fair at all?

1960 until now is 61 years and its always hate for the Ibos on social media, in the office , on the streets , marketplaces, even in BRT park. I remember when I wanted to buy ticket one day, I gave the lady a thousand Naira, she started shouting at me and speaking in her native language, next thing I heard was "Awon omo Ibo Oloriburuku..."

I stood for several minutes and i could not hold back the extent of provocation. I just walked away from there. One of them started to call me back to buy the ticket i just told him not to worry, And walked away entered bike from Marina to Alakija , then on i went to my house.

Or the one on social media, when we said we do not want Fulani in our nation, And one yoruba man put on social media that if anything starts he will kill his Ibo wife. Or the one Adeyinka grandson opined that all yorubas kill all the Ibos in genocidal acts and statements.
Doyin Okupe, you are a yoruba man. Advice your clan and tribe. Prompting hate against a tribe that did you no harm in anyway is not a good thing. A decent ibo man does not want ruling Nigeria. We go to SA and have shops , same as Ivory coast, I do not see anything wrong if we have our shops in Oduduwa Republic or Arewanistan.

We want to have peace. Enough of this hate. Its becoming too much now a days.

8 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto by obiekunie2: 10:40am On Mar 21, 2021
gwafaeziokwu:

cool

I am not nice ba?
i swearagad! u r not!

u r pure wickedness personified! cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto by rotadeco27: 10:41am On Mar 21, 2021
Ibrahimmrfish:

Anything that will make you sleep better at night.
My future is secured, with pensionable appointment like my father before and my future sons future is also secure.You and your future children will be the ones holding your C.V under the sun.And yes,your sisters and your daughters are and will be continue to be our who-res.Our states will continue to enjoye free revenue from your state and there is nothing you can do about it.
That parasitic relationship u just admitted will and about to stop . Every other region are beginning to see what what the igbos saw in you people and wanted to dissociate themselves early but Yorubas and middle beltians didn't see it then may be because they didn't go out of their region . Now that the Fulani has taken the war to their door steps . The igbos just need to utilize this window of opportunity to break away and not counting on how Yoruba helped the north in defeating Biafra

3 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto by obiekunie2: 10:43am On Mar 21, 2021
QuotasSystem:

[s]You are simply an ignoramus living under a rock. Learn to console yourself without insulting others.

Blame yourself for your ignorance.
Google Jelani Aliyu among others.

Making excuses for your political weakness so shamelessly. What is the poverty level in Enugu? It is right here on this forum. Have you solved your water scarcity before coming here to console yourself?

Pained ipob piglet.[/s]

delusional gump.

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto by obiekunie2: 10:48am On Mar 21, 2021
CSTRR:

Who lived by the sword?
Igbos who are the most progresive Nigerians.?
The same igbos who have never engaged in inter ethnic conflicts since 1960?

Don't quote me again illiterate.

Go to Twitter and write this nonsense under his tweet and see if they will not eat you alive.

Illiterate oshi. If Dem dey talk history, you sef go join mouth put.
It's only on nairaland that we see scumbags roaming freely with opinions.

i don't even understand why you wasted time replying that poop.

everybody ignored him evn his people and u went and gave him reason to feel like he is human instead of a poop in the latrine.

2 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto by Deadlytruth(m): 10:49am On Mar 21, 2021
rotadeco27:
This country was never one from the word go. It formed on a platform of lies and deceit! The only viable solution is dissolution of the lies and each region will develop
Your position above that this country was founded on lies and falsehood is very correct and factual. In fact figures like Ahmadu Bello, Awolowo, Enahoro and Balewa all attested to this fact right from the beginning and to that effect moved motions for secession clause or outright de-amalgamation but Zik sabotaged all their efforts because he was greedily seeking to take the place of the about-to-depart-colonial masters being a neo-colonialist himself. At another point in time Isaac Adaka Boro even went as far as physically attempting to break up Nigeria in order that everyone might go their separate ways to forestall the mess we are currently in but he was arrested and sentenced to death for that by none other than Ironsi and Ojukwu who incidentally were, like Azikiwe, from the tribe now complaining most of how unworkable Nigeria is and the need to end the false marriage. Wasn't the marriage already false and contrived as at when Azikiwe, Ojukwu and Ironsi were busy sabotaging efforts of other tribes to end it? So whose fault is it that we find ourselves in this pit today?

4 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:50am On Mar 21, 2021
Lmfao.

Trying to incite the North against the East. Dude share your manifesto , tell them how they will benefit from your presidency but no because you're an Igbo hater , the urge to sh!ttalk on the Igbos is too strong to be resisted.

Dumbo Okupe!

5 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto by chukswag(m): 10:52am On Mar 21, 2021
Tribal issues shouldnt be raised, the country doesn't need that kinda energy now
Re: Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto by Karemarealty288(m): 10:52am On Mar 21, 2021
So says The Fat Bastard The Father of a FA GGOT

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto by 1willywilly: 10:52am On Mar 21, 2021
Killing of Sarduana of Sokoto was a good thing, it helped slow down the total conquest and forcefully take over of all Hausa Land by migrant expansionist terrorist Fulanis.
Fulanis are migrants in Nigeria, they came from Senegal and Gambia Guinea Futa Jalo/Toro in 1804, deceived Hausas that accommodated them, Fulanis killed all Hausa king and installed Fulani Emirs to rule Hausas in their own land, today many Hausa are living in IDP CAMPS as refugees.
Killing of corrupt Sultan of Sokoto Bello was good thing,
Fulanis have no right to kill Hausas.
I thank all those IGBO soldiers that killed Sultan of Sokoto for his people role in killing Hausas.
Idiots

3 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto by firstratedcitiz(m): 10:54am On Mar 21, 2021
YES. Not listed in the snapshot you shared are also the many deaths of innocent Igbos resulting from those senseless Danish Cartoon riots of 2005/2006 in some Northern states.
Igbochief001:

We had jos 1945 before that ...the list is endless
Re: Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 21, 2021
Yes, there where issues to be addressed then that have spiralled to a bombshell today threatening our sovereignty and co-existence and general security.

BUT THAT COUP WAS NEEDLESS SELFISH AND TOTALLY UNNECESSARY. THE ISSUES COULD HAVE GONE THROUGH A DIALOGUE. THAT MARKED THE TURNING POINT OF OUR FLEDGLING DEMOCRACY.
Re: Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto by obiekunie2: 10:58am On Mar 21, 2021
Weathered:
[s]Nzeogwu is Igbo. There are Igbos as indigens in the Niger Delta area[/s].

HIS IN PEOPLE IN OKPANAM SAID THEY ARE NOT IGBO!

IN FACT THEY CAN SKIN YOU ALIVE FOR CALLING THEM IGBOS!

BE WARNED!

2 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto by 7lives: 11:01am On Mar 21, 2021
Deadlytruth:
Apart from Ahmadu Bello making himself very clear in that interview
that his Northernization policy was for the Northern Region alone and not for the entire Nigeria, common sense dictated that under the highly decentralized extant structure of those times it wasn't just going to be possible for any individual from one particular region, be he the prime minister or a premier, to impose a particular policy on the entire country unlike the way it has become today courtesy of the unitary system imposed on us by an Igbo army officer who got to power through the back door which he opened with the barrel of a gun. So if Igbos felt that Ahmadu Bello's Northernization policy was negativity affecting those of them resident in the North back then, then the next thing would have been to relocate back home to their Eastern Region and encourage their own premier too to commence Easternization policy for the Eastern Region. And come to think of it, didn't Ahmadu Bello ask the British journalist in that interview if any graduate of Northern origin was employed in either the Eastern or Western public service and he could not give an affirmative answer in all honesty? So it means every regional premier back then was doing exactly what they were accusing Ahmadu Bello of doing just because Ahmadu Bello wasn't pretending about his but was bold and candid enough to admit it before the public glare.

The same reason why Akintola had to die, imagine an Igbo VC was appointed for UI and all his staffs were Igbos, but the gardeners cleaners and messengers, were Yorubas.
This was what Akintola spoke against, he asked if there were no Yorubas with ordinary primary six certificate, that Yorubas were only qualified for menial jobs?.
That interview is still on YouTube.

3 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto by Hakeem66: 11:05am On Mar 21, 2021
Who told you that Mr man? some people like causing ethnic problems in this country.
Re: Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto by Austineva(m): 11:06am On Mar 21, 2021
Ibrahimmrfish:

A human disaster that control your life and fu-ck your sisters for 400naira how ironic.
and we still Bleep ur sisters for free over here. Am with one of ur sisters now in my room Knacking hell out of her pussy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto by ekesol: 11:06am On Mar 21, 2021
Doyin okupe u re very mad. Are u the spokesman of the north? And who told u igbos killed Saudana of Sokoto, He was killed by Young Nigeria Revolution a list in the Nigeria. I warn you don't buy political freedom with Igbos. Or else we shall use u as a scape goat

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto by siverspooon(m): 11:08am On Mar 21, 2021
festacman:
Yes, Sarduana was killed by young soldiers led by a young officer who was more Hausa than Igbo. On the flip side, Aguiyi Ironsi was killed by Northern soldiers led by T.Y Danjuma. Yes, Igbo suffered progrom and civil war. However after the war, Igbo who lived in the North went back and were warmly welcomed. They repossessed their properties unlike the case of abandoned property. And many more millionaires were made

However, I can't deny that there exist mutual SUSPICION rather than UNFORGIVENESS or hatred between Hausa/Fulani and Igbo just as we also have between Yoruba and Igbo. This suspicion borders on who will outwit each other given that Igbos are seen as 'too clever or crafty' in pursuit of target interests. So, the other ethnic groups more like keep their antennas up and examine everything microscopically when dealing with Igbo.

Outside of politics, there are thousands Igbo traders in the urban and rural parts of Northern Nigeria doing businesses, meeting the needs of those communities and making modest profits in return. If there is a deep-rooted unforgiveness as Doyin Okupe is insinuating, those people won't be thriving there. Personally, I did my NYSC in Safana in Katsina and I and other corps members, who were largely Igbo, mixed freely with the locals. We raised money from the locals for projects and were supported with palpable willingness.

Doyin Okupe is entitled to his opinion. My own opinion is that the problem is SUSPICION rather than UNFORGIVENESS or hatred.
I must say that you nailed the topic with this your comment. The problem between the hausa/Fulani and the igbos is suspicion.
Re: Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 21, 2021
This is not news, Anybody with common sense can read between the lines, i have been telling ibos on this forum since forever.
Re: Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto by SILVERLINES: 11:15am On Mar 21, 2021
SeunOluwafemi:

https://dailypost.ng/2021/03/20/2023-presidency-north-has-not-forgiven-igbos-for-killing-sardauna-of-sokoto-doyin-okupe/
please can someone tell this old bleeping fool to keep quiet and first his asshole fuckker soon instead of yearning trash.

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto by rotadeco27: 11:15am On Mar 21, 2021
So the solution to the problem is to end the lie . Seriously God has blessed each region with all to be a great nation , being together is drawing us backwards
Deadlytruth:
Your position above that this country was founded on lies and falsehood is very correct and factual. In fact figures like Ahmadu Bello, Awolowo, Enahoro and Balewa all attested to this fact right from the beginning and to that effect moved motions for secession clause or outright de-amalgamation but Zik sabotaged all their efforts because he was greedily seeking to take the place of the about-to-depart-colonial masters being a neo-colonialist himself. At another point in time Isaac Adaka Boro even went as far as physically attempting to break up Nigeria in order that everyone might go their separate ways to forestall the mess we are currently in but he was arrested and sentenced to death for that by none other than Ironsi and Ojukwu who incidentally were, like Azikiwe, from the tribe now complaining most of how unworkable Nigeria is and the need to end the false marriage. Wasn't the marriage already false and contrived as at when Azikiwe, Ojukwu and Ironsi were busy sabotaging efforts of other tribes to end it? So whose fault is it that we find ourselves in this pit today?
Re: Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 21, 2021
AsomughaChuks02:
The sarduana was a fulani expansionist terrorist that needed to be stopped in his tracks and Igbos did just that.

and ibos are not expansionist? No tribe leaves it's zone to settle in other zones more than the ibos....thats expansionism! Ive said it many times the problem of Nigeria starts with the Ibos and then the fulanis. Both are expansionist by nature, it's just their means of doing it that differs!!!

It is ultimately the battle between these 2 expansionist tribes that is at the root of Nigeria's downfall.

2 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto by Deadlytruth(m): 11:17am On Mar 21, 2021
7lives:

The same reason why Akintola had to die, imagine an Igbo VC was appointed for UI and all his staffs were Igbos, but the gardeners cleaners and messengers, were Yorubas.
This was what Akintola spoke against, he asked if there were no Yorubas with ordinary primary six certificate, that Yorubas were only qualified for menial jobs?.
That interview is still on YouTube.

Exactly. Akintola actually had a very solid and justifiable argument. I think the manner he went about it such that it brought ridicule to Awolowo, was why he didn't acquire traction among majority of his Yoruba folk. But all the same he didn't deserve such a brutal murder which nwobosi carried out on him.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tinubu's SSA, Ajuri Ngelale, Clears The Way For Tinubu In Dubai (Video) / Protest In Bauchi In Support Of Fuel Subsidy Removal / "Mr President, I Am Not Lazy" - Plateau Polytechnic Graduate Who Makes Snacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.