Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

Help: What Is Market Capitalization? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help: What Is Market Capitalization? (3666 Views)

PLS HELP!!! What Business Can I Do Online To Make 2k Daily / Help: What's The Value of Ghana Cedis in Naira? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: What Is Market Capitalization? by olawalebabs(m): 10:09pm On Apr 14, 2011
What is the meaning of market capitalization and index point as being used in the stock exchange
Re: Help: What Is Market Capitalization? by olawalebabs(m): 8:27am On Apr 16, 2011
Thanks for the answer
Re: Help: What Is Market Capitalization? by 3RNEST(m): 7:12am On Apr 23, 2011
> uhm, i wish i know stock market, but i'm a novice to it, can u guyz help me out?
Re: Help: What Is Market Capitalization? by olawalebabs(m): 8:51am On Apr 23, 2011
That's why we are here, ask and it shall be given
Re: Help: What Is Market Capitalization? by kingsleyp: 6:04pm On Apr 23, 2011
Seek and you'l find grin
Re: Help: What Is Market Capitalization? by 3RNEST(m): 7:46pm On Apr 25, 2011
> okay guyz, now these are my questions:
> What is stock market?
> How does it work?
> What is the difference btw Stock market & Forexx.
> How can one get involve in Stock market?
Awaiting respönds, watchin thread via NL Mobile! sad
Re: Help: What Is Market Capitalization? by babaogun(m): 7:39pm On Apr 26, 2011
3RNEST:

> okay guyz, now these are my questions:
> What is stock market?

A stock market is where shares of public listed companies are traded. Every public company has an authorised amount of shares which is used to determine amount of ownership by each party that has acquired its shares.

> How does it work?

Stock market enables you to own part of any public listed company.

> What is the difference btw Stock market & Forexx.

A stock market operates based on company performances, while the forex market operates on currency performances vis-a-vis interest rates, inflation, import and export and other indices.

> How can one get involve in Stock market?

Talk to a registered stockbroker. There are loads of them;

See some operators here

http://www.sec.gov.ng/index.php/tb_cap_opr/tb_cap_opr/action/regview/
Re: Help: What Is Market Capitalization? by 3RNEST(m): 7:35am On Apr 28, 2011
> Thanks Babaogun, pls lets do 1on1 class via email, next2design(at)gmail.com. Awaiting.
Re: Help: What Is Market Capitalization? by homebucks: 6:27pm On May 17, 2011
pls, some should explain 'all share index'
Re: Help: What Is Market Capitalization? by Pukkah: 6:59pm On May 23, 2011
home-bucks:

pls, some should explain 'all share index'

The All Share Index (ASI) is a weighted average of the market prices of all shares listed on the Stock Exchange. It gives the best indication of general market direction because it includes shares from all sectors of the stock market.
Re: Help: What Is Market Capitalization? by Amarion(m): 6:47am On May 24, 2011
According to my knowledge, the market share of a company in the form of outstanding shares. A corporation, including all of its assets, may be freely bought and sold through purchases and sales of stock, which will determine the price of the company's shares. Its market capitalization is this share price multiplied by the number of shares in issue, providing a total value for the company's shares and thus for the company as a whole.
Re: Help: What Is Market Capitalization? by undpjobs: 12:48pm On May 28, 2011
so many professors here
Re: Help: What Is Market Capitalization? by olawalebabs(m): 8:06pm On May 28, 2011
Thanks for those valuable comment
Re: Help: What Is Market Capitalization? by olawalebabs(m): 8:07pm On May 28, 2011
Thanks for those valuable comment
Re: Help: What Is Market Capitalization? by jamhassan(m): 12:57pm On May 30, 2011
Our country dolor rates 86.94 in this time rates what is the dolor rates of your country.
Re: Help: What Is Market Capitalization? by stockprong: 1:13pm On May 31, 2011
Re: Help: What Is Market Capitalization? by ayo2pec(m): 3:00pm On Jun 01, 2011
Yeah , to add total Market Capitalization is the aggregate of : Market capitalization of all listed company on the floor of the exchange at the end trading in any particular day.

Thanks
Re: Help: What Is Market Capitalization? by vitality22(m): 10:00am On Jun 10, 2011
Thank God, I love this thread. Guys please ride on am reading and learning
Re: Help: What Is Market Capitalization? by medoski(m): 10:56am On Jun 10, 2011
The value of a company is split into units called share of quoted companies, therefore the total units of all quoted companies is called market carpitalisation . visit this youtube video
http://www.khanacademy.org/video/market-capitalization?playlist=Finance
Re: Help: What Is Market Capitalization? by enyojo(f): 11:08am On Jun 10, 2011
Is Market capitalization the actual value of the Company in Question?
Re: Help: What Is Market Capitalization? by Pharoh: 11:23am On Jun 10, 2011
Nice thread, please guys keep it up.
Re: Help: What Is Market Capitalization? by Pukkah: 12:12pm On Jun 10, 2011
enyojo:

Is Market capitalization the actual value of the Company in Question?

There are different ways of valuing a company. One of them is market capitalization.
Re: Help: What Is Market Capitalization? by fxtopedia(m): 1:04pm On Jun 10, 2011
Market capitalization represents the total value of a company or stock. It is obtained by multiplying the total number of outstanding shares by their current price per share.For example if fxtopedia Plc has 85,000,000 shares outstanding and a share price of #10 per share. The market capitalization is (85,000,000x#10=850,000,000)
Re: Help: What Is Market Capitalization? by Rapatoir: 1:16pm On Jun 10, 2011
Why not visit www.investopedia.com. I tnink you might find the site useful in more ways than one.
Re: Help: What Is Market Capitalization? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 10, 2011
You guys are just too much! Nice thread.
Pls can somebody tell me how earnings per share is calculated?
Re: Help: What Is Market Capitalization? by Pukkah: 2:24pm On Jun 10, 2011
Justosaus:

To keep it simple, it is the net income of a company divided by the number of shares of the company.

However, there are ways to make this simple thing become a bit complex, e.g. when you have preferred stock as part of the shareholding and/or when the number of shares in issue changes over the period in question.
Re: Help: What Is Market Capitalization? by olawalebabs(m): 2:35pm On Jun 10, 2011
Thank to all the "lecturer" on this thread, let keep it going
Re: Help: What Is Market Capitalization? by chizillar(m): 2:46pm On Jun 10, 2011
Get this e-book on the ABC of stock exchange and beginners guide to trading the Nigeria stock exchange. With the e-books I will provide you, surely you will teach people yourself on each of the processes./07033097160. Goodbye.
Re: Help: What Is Market Capitalization? by fxtopedia(m): 2:59pm On Jun 10, 2011
Justosaus:

1. ESP=net income-dividend on preferred stock/number of outstanding common shares+common stock equivalent

2. ESP=Net income-dividend on preferred stock/Average Outstanding shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Snailry:::: Snail Farming. / CBN Releases $2.8bn To Manufacturers, Others In Two Months / Cost Of Clearing Cars in Nigeria 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.