Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,763 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege (18172 Views)

FG To Raise Power Tariff December, Begins Free Meters Purchase / IBEDC To Begin Distribution Of 100,000 Free Meters Next Week / FG Begins Nationwide Distribution Of 1m Free Meters In Kano, Kaduna, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 21, 2021
nothing will happen to the discos.

1 Like

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by tizteezy(m): 12:03pm On Mar 21, 2021
Coolgent:

I concur.
So how was the charging compare to the estimated billing?

My brother, I am a very efficient energy consumer.

I consume only between 1200 - 1500 naira worth of power monthly nowadays.

Whereas, they used to charge me 7-13k monthly on estimated billing.

Yeye people

2 Likes

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by tizteezy(m): 12:04pm On Mar 21, 2021
od501:

How much?

Can't recall exactly. But it was between 45 - 48k
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by luvme0702: 12:25pm On Mar 21, 2021
BEDC is the worst of all. The woman there na winch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by Neweko: 12:35pm On Mar 21, 2021
is there anyone with contact for IKEDC. we need meter installed pls. Story everyday ooo

1 Like

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by favour32(m): 12:42pm On Mar 21, 2021
xpool:

Exactly!
BEDC Asaba/Delta state, do not repair transformers or service any faulty line, many areas in Asaba are without light because of spoilt transformers. Consumers in Asaba are the ones buying transformers and also paying BEDC staff to install such transformers. We have been buying all materials for BEDC for repairs and services, including electric poles, conductors, service cables, meters and hiring of laders.
Meter ke, BEDC will never do it. They love ESTIMATED BILLINGS even when they don't give you light.
That was why they were chased out of Edo state.

BEDC IS THE WORST DISCO
Estimated billing na yahoo.... nai be their local bombing.

2 Likes

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by mechanics(m): 1:27pm On Mar 21, 2021
They should give us the link to send our complaints.
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by Sniper101(m): 2:13pm On Mar 21, 2021
from someone who's seen the difference btw both, I'll strongly urge y'all to stay away from installing these pre-paid billing metres in your houses, especially if you're in an area where you can boast of 12hrs electricity and above, daily.

it's better you be paying PHEDC 5k monthly, than install these meters and be running at a cost of 10 to 15k monthly.
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by dododawa1: 2:45pm On Mar 21, 2021
is BAIL not also free in police station,don't FG knows people pay to bAIL, Nigeria problems plenty.
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by ogubolokento(m): 2:49pm On Mar 21, 2021
In Port Harcourt Abuloma here they didn't give me meter during their last installation complained till date about skipping my house
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by EbukaHades10(m): 3:02pm On Mar 21, 2021
tsmith:

Same here, applied online since last year, even happy to pay of someone would response
Online? Mama, that wan na jege o.

E fit take months b4 dey answer u especially if na Ikedc.

I applied online b4 but one of their officials wey dey carry ladder said I should jejely go to their office that the online own is just for show.

Just go to the office nearest to u.
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by od501: 3:21pm On Mar 21, 2021
tizteezy:

Can't recall exactly. But it was between 45 - 48k

Omoh...! But how much do you paid on normal electricity bills nh
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by EbukaHades10(m): 3:29pm On Mar 21, 2021
Sniper101:
from someone who's seen the difference btw both, I'll strongly urge y'all to stay away from installing these pre-paid billing metres in your houses, especially if you're in an area where you can boast of 12hrs electricity and above, daily.

it's better you be paying PHEDC 5k monthly, than install these meters and be running at a cost of 10 to 15k monthly.
Shebi that is if u stay in an area that they bring bill of 5k na.

Others wey bill dey enter 40k no go think am twice

1 Like

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by rman: 3:44pm On Mar 21, 2021
tsmith:

Referral please. Especially if Eko Electric. I have a pending application since last year

IBEDC
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by Cashify: 5:23pm On Mar 21, 2021
really
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by tizteezy(m): 6:43pm On Mar 21, 2021
od501:

Omoh...! But how much do you paid on normal electricity bills nh

Nowadays, I spend 1,200 to 1,500 naira.

Before meter, those bastards used to Bill me between 7,000 to 13,000 monthly
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by od501: 7:23pm On Mar 21, 2021
tizteezy:

Nowadays, I spend 1,200 to 1,500 naira.

Before meter, those bastards used to Bill me between 7,000 to 13,000 monthly

Their father!!! Congrats though
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by adrenaline02: 9:55pm On Mar 21, 2021
Deep rot in PHCN. Selling what is free, must we always want to 'cashout' in everything. PHCN need to be checked, Insincere bunch
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by erico2k2(m): 9:57pm On Mar 21, 2021
Ishilove:
So what else is new? I doubt if there are people who received this metres free of charge.
I did, I received 5 free.They tried a trick or two but I stood my ground, in PHC
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by erico2k2(m): 10:00pm On Mar 21, 2021
Sniper101:

it is well with you brother, pls pray God Increase ur financial level. How can you say a person who get 12 hours of electricity who runs 3 AC, two fridges and water heaters is spending too much wen they spend 10K monthlynah N3k U wan spend B4?
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by erico2k2(m): 10:01pm On Mar 21, 2021
xpool:

Exactly!
BEDC Asaba/Delta state, do not repair transformers or service any faulty line, many areas in Asaba are without light because of spoilt transformers. Consumers in Asaba are the ones buying transformers and also paying BEDC staff to install such transformers. We have been buying all materials for BEDC for repairs and services, including electric poles, conductors, service cables, meters and hiring of laders.
Meter ke, BEDC will never do it. They love ESTIMATED BILLINGS even when they don't give you light.
That was why they were chased out of Edo state.

BEDC IS THE WORST DISCO
once prepaid comes in nah them go dey repair and buy a transformer, this was what happened in our case

2 Likes

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by erico2k2(m): 10:03pm On Mar 21, 2021
MIMOSAXY:

My neighbour paid ₦110,000 to IBEDC for the (3 Phase) prepaid Meter, but he's still visiting their office regularly and they are yet to install it.
Can I ask a question why in God's name will a domestic household apply for a three-phased meter, the truth is, they won't get it!
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by erico2k2(m): 10:09pm On Mar 21, 2021
Bluntemperor:

The truth is that the Federal Workers in conjunction with Discos and Genco are thieves, that are not allowing the Nigerians to enjoy light.
•what Discos does is to give you free on the surface and every month,they charge you with the Pre-paid bills,as if you are owing them money! If you load 100 units,they deduct 50 units.
•as at today many Nigerians are paying for darkness as Disco charged bills for the month , irrespective of light or no light.When you collect the Pre-paid they would load the debts inside the Meter.Is this the way to have Industrialization for our country.In fact we are not serious people.
We don't produce Pre-paid meters,yet we can't give it to the Consumers.These Discos activities are what the Efcc should go after as undercover, but they won't.
We are just deceiving ourselves.When last did you hear of Minister of Power doing anything tangible about lights? If Nigeria State is having 24/7 lights,is it too much in this 21 Century?
Or must we be carrying jerry-can to fuel Stations every day? Must we patronise purchase of generator as if is the best for us?
Ghana and Benin Republic don't use generators again! Nobody will develop the Country for us.Dubai- a once desert has turned things around and is where Nigerians are spending in Dollars.
Too Shameful!
I have investigated this issue personally and find it to be false, the deduction comes of if you ow prior to ur prepaid installation and the meter was installed under your name, not in the name of the landlord. When you buy units, you get charged VAT and service charge N100,you buy online and get a code.you don't even need to speak to anybody
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by erico2k2(m): 10:12pm On Mar 21, 2021
zeusdgrt:

Government decided to give free meters under the NNMP project but they haven't funded it cz they have to pay the contract company for the free meter so people keep applying and the contract company will not meter unless is been paid for by the government that decided the program.Now due to ongoing cry from individuals about not getting their meters and stating that they are ready to pay for it the discos decide to give a shot at Customer to pay for meters to contract company while those who want to wait for the free meter program to be funded should wait.
I got mine free all 5 meters
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by Sola2016: 10:38pm On Mar 21, 2021
shanktang:
NERC must be crazy with their submission, waiting for consumers complaint before they commence action on investigation or what next to do, how many consumers are aware that the meters are free in the first place and not to be paid for, was there any move by NERC to orientate electricity consumers to educate them concerning free meters and inform them not pay for meters, and if they where asked to do the otherwise in any case, they should report back to NERC, or call a number to report any such cases for further investigations, I'm sure some officials of NERC are also indirectly involved in this scam, that's the reason they don't look like they cared.
5% of what Discos generated from the consumers sweat goes to the NERC pocket

1 Like

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by Sniper101(m): 12:14am On Mar 22, 2021
EbukaHades10:
Shebi that is if u stay in an area that they bring bill of 5k na.

Others wey bill dey enter 40k no go think am twice

40k based on a person's personal house or 40k based on a compound with about 4 or more flats in it?

if it's the latter, 40k better naa

1 Like

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by Sniper101(m): 12:23am On Mar 22, 2021
erico2k2:

it is well with you brother, pls pray God Increase ur financial level. How can you say a person who get 12 hours of electricity who runs 3 AC, two fridges and water heaters is spending too much wen they spend 10K monthlynah N3k U wan spend B4?

don't be a rétárd you morda fvcker
were you trying to insult me or what?

compared to someone who lives in a single flat, am saying 10 to 12k is too much for electricity bills...and you dey talk say you're blessed for staying in a house which runs with just 3 AC? and you're shouting it out loud that you're blessed?? see you see blessing grin

you need to get out more often, Mr
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by erico2k2(m): 1:28am On Mar 22, 2021
Sniper101:

don't be a rétárd you morda fvcker
were you trying to insult me or what?

compared to someone who lives in a single flat, am saying 10 to 12k is too much for electricity bills...and you dey talk say you're blessed for staying in a house which runs with just 3 AC? and you're shouting it out loud that you're blessed?? see you see blessing grin

you need to get out more often, Mr
Pls point me to where you saw an insult in my post, Nigerians are full of themselves, once you point out their weak point they come out all defensive.
I have a one be bed flat as well in my yard, my tenant has 2 ACs a fridge too as well as fans and light bulbs and he irons his clothes too plus one water heater,he spends roughly 10k monthly as he has a small family,we have light70% of the time, so spending N10k on electricity is no biggie, try run Generator for 2 weeks

1 Like

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by Nobody: 2:46am On Mar 22, 2021
Love
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by EbukaHades10(m): 5:19am On Mar 22, 2021
Sniper101:

40k based on a person's personal house or 40k based on a compound with about 4 or more flats in it?

if it's the latter, 40k better naa
40k for the latter.

I was given bill of 19k for something that I don't enjoy so that forced me to do something to get metered and I haven't regretted it ever since.
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by leomarz007: 6:02am On Mar 22, 2021
bet9ja:
My Meter was installed 3 days ago for free. However, I was extorted by the lady who came for inspection.

what was the reason of her extortion and what did she inspect?

mine was the installer that asked for payment b4 installing it.

1 Like

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by leomarz007: 6:22am On Mar 22, 2021
erico2k2:

I did, I received 5 free.They tried a trick or two but I stood my ground, in PHC

received 5 free how did you do it beo. I'm also in ph. some houses with 3 phase were given single phase meters.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adamawa Indigenes Dance In Joy After INEC Declared Umaru Fintiri Winner (vid) / Sanwo-olu Announces Groundbreaking Ceremony For $100 Million African Film City / Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.