Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,322 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

A Challenge To All Christians Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Challenge To All Christians Today (393 Views)

Don't Be Deceived, A Lot Of Christians Today Are Winning Souls For Satan / Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse / Can you prove that your God is the real God? - A challenge to all religionists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Challenge To All Christians Today by Sharingiscaring: 7:31am On Mar 21, 2021
This is what I may call the John 14 challenge. It comes mainly from 2 verses of John Chapter 14 which are verses 6 and 12,

In John 14:6, Jesus is quoted as saying, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one cometh unto the Father except by me".

For many Christians, that is their reason for insisting that someone can only be saved by professing explicit faith in Jesus of Nazareth.

However, these same people overlook the demand later made only 5 to 6 verses down. Jesus is quoted as saying in John 14:11-14, "believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Otherwise, believe me because of the works I do. Truly, truly, I say to you, ANYONE who believes in me, the work that I do shall he do also And GREATER works than these shall he do for I go unto the Father. And, WHATSOEVER you shall ask in my name, that will I do that the Father be glorified in the Son. WHATSOEVER you shall ask in my name, that will I do".

First, these reports show that even Jesus acknowledged that proofs are necessary. You can't just claim that you are this or that. Rather, you need to PROVE your claim if you deserve to be listened to. Otherwise, stop making the claim.

Jesus did not only say, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life" but he also proved it by his mighty works. And he referenced those mighty works for validation. "Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me", he said. "Otherwise, BELIEVE ME FOR THE SAKE OF THE WORKS THEMSELVES".

Immediately after that he said that the PROOF wouldn't just stop with him but would continue in ANYONE who believes in him. With a great emphasis he said, "Truly, truly, I say to you, ANYONE who believes in me, the work that I do shall he do also. And GREATER works than these shall he do...".

Where can I find Christians who are doing UP TO the mighty works Jesus is reported to have done not to talk of those doing GREATER works than Jesus did?

Where can I find them? If you know, tell me. But, if I can't find them, what justification do the Christians of today have for asking people to believe in Jesus? Even Jesus himself is quoted as having said, "even if you won't believe in me, at least believe because of the mighty works that you see me do" (paraphrased from John 14:11).

1 Like

Re: A Challenge To All Christians Today by Sharingiscaring: 7:34am On Mar 21, 2021
So, on what ground are today's Christians asking people to accept John 14:6 as true if they are not meeting up with the demands of John 14:12 especially but also John 14:11-14?

1 Like

Re: A Challenge To All Christians Today by Lighthouse50: 7:37am On Mar 21, 2021
I dont understand you. Please come again.....

1 Like

Re: A Challenge To All Christians Today by Sharingiscaring: 7:55am On Mar 21, 2021
Lighthouse50:
I dont understand you. Please come again.....
Today, Christians are divided against one another. Each group arrogantly claims to be better than the other. Catholics think they are better than Pentecostals who in turn think they are better than Catholics and Anglicans etc.

Such divisions existed in the early church between the followers of Paul and of Apollos. Paul condemned it by letting them know that both he and Apollos were "pursuing cow for ONE Alhaji who is Christ" so to speak. Then, he concluded it by saying how to know those who are truly working for that 'Alhaji' - it is not by what they say but by the POWER they manifest. "The Kingdom of God is not a matter of mere talks but is manifested in POWER" (1 Cor 4:20).

So, both Jesus himself and Paul taught us that proofs are necessary and that we should have them. So, I'm asking, where are the Christians of today who are proving Jesus TRUE by manifesting the level of power he is reported to have manifested or GREATER than he manifested as his word stated in John 14:12?

Re: A Challenge To All Christians Today by Dtruthspeaker: 8:06am On Mar 21, 2021
Sharingiscaring:

So, both Jesus himself and Paul taught us that proofs are necessary and that we should have them. So, I'm asking, where are the Christians of today who are proving Jesus through by manifesting the level of power he is reported to have manifested or GREATER than he manifested as his word stated in John 14:12?

What would be the Proof required to prove the manifestation of the level of power he is reported to have manifested?

If you say miracles eh, I curse you!
Re: A Challenge To All Christians Today by AntiChristian: 8:20am On Mar 21, 2021
Which mighty works do you need again?

We bought 3 jets during covid-19...

Great predictions on 5G.....and when the world would end.

Great miracles as dollar is doing well and Nigeria is moving to greater heights.

Money flows in the church as even the church rats eat thrice daily.
Re: A Challenge To All Christians Today by Sharingiscaring: 8:23am On Mar 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

What would be the Proof required to prove the manifestation of the level of power he is reported to have manifested?

If you say miracles eh, I curse you!
Yes, miracles. Now, let me bring it home. Here in Nigeria, we have seen terrorists kill/kidnap pastors and reverends. We have seen them burn churches. But Christians only complain. Yet, they read in the Bible that Jesus said, "WHATSOEVER you ask in my name, that will I do that the Father be glorified in the Son".

Do Christians like what terrorists are doing in Nigeria? Of course no. Now, since Christians have a blank check from God Himself to ask for WHATSOEVER and it shall be granted, why are they not asking for the terrorists to be totally defeated TODAY and it becomes so that the Father be glorified in the Son?

Instead, it's jazz that's getting glorified in Sunday Igboho, ESN, etc. Why can't pastors like Adeboye, Mbaka, Johnson Suleiman, Oyakhilome, even T.B. Joshua, or any other Christian make a declaration on these terrorists in the name of Jesus Christ and it comes to pass?

And YOU who know how to curse, why not use your curses against these wicked forces? Why are you making your faith a joke?
Re: A Challenge To All Christians Today by Lighthouse50: 8:27am On Mar 21, 2021
Sharingiscaring:

Today, Christians are divided against one another. Each group arrogantly claim to be better than the other. Catholics think they are better than Pentecostals who in turn think they are better than Catholics and Anglicans etc.

Such divisions existed in the early church between the followers of Paul and of Apollos. Paul condemned it by letting them know that both he and Apollos were "pursuing cow for ONE Alhaji who is Christ" so to speak. Then, he concluded it by saying how to know those who are truly working for that 'Alhaji' - it is not by what they say but by the POWER they manifest. "The Kingdom of God is not a matter of mere talks but is manifested in POWER" (1 Cor 4:20).

So, both Jesus himself and Paul taught us that proofs are necessary and that we should have them. So, I'm asking, where are the Christians of today who are proving Jesus through by manifesting the level of power he is reported to have manifested or GREATER than he manifested as his word stated in John 14:12?
Okay, wow so wonderful. I get you now. It was part of why i left deeper life. Infact now i see every one as friend compared to then we disqualified other denominations, to the extent of marriage. I see your view now.
Re: A Challenge To All Christians Today by Dtruthspeaker: 8:31am On Mar 21, 2021
Sharingiscaring:

Yes, miracles.

Ôlé miracle, Ôlé miracle, Ôlé miraacle, grin

No Miracle for you, why because it is Wasteful and Useless to miraclulize a dead thing.

For no one considers it reasonable to wash and dress A Pig! grin No, let it remain dirty until the day of Consumption! grin

Sharingiscaring:

And YOU who know how to curse, why not use your curses against these wicked forces? Why are you making your faith a joke?

grin Because I have a better Curse! I Prefer letting Daddy Come back and Catching them doing their evilness and He Dealing with them Personally! grin
Re: A Challenge To All Christians Today by Sharingiscaring: 8:42am On Mar 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Ôlé miracle, Ôlé miracle, Ôlé miraacle, grin

No Miracle for you, why because it is Wasteful and Useless to miraclulize a dead thing.

For no one considers it reasonable to wash and dress A Pig! grin No, let it remain dirty until the day of Consumption! grin

grin Because I have a better Curse! I Prefer letting Daddy Come back and Catching them doing their evilness and He Dealing with them Personally! grin

The Bible that you believe in applies to you now, wherever you are and whoever you are. It is written, "he loved cursing and curses came upon him. He delighted not in blessing and so, it was far from him" (Psalm 109:17). He who digs a pit falls into it (Proverbs 26:27). So, your curses return to you FULLY, MULTIPLY, AND INEXORABLY because they belong to you. It's only fair that you have what belongs to you and YOU CANNOT GIVE THEM AWAY. You clothed yourself with cursing and so it soaks you deep right inside you forever and ever in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth Amen.

Re: A Challenge To All Christians Today by Dtruthspeaker: 8:52am On Mar 21, 2021
Sharingiscaring:

The Bible that you believe in applies to you now, wherever you are and whoever you are. It is written, "he loved cursing and curses came upon him. He delighted not in blessing and so, it was far from him" (Psalm 109:17). He who digs a pit falls into it (Proverbs 26:27). So, your curses return to you because they belong to you. It's only fair that you have what belongs to you and YOU CANNOT GIVE THEM AWAY except to those who accept them.

grin I did you know evil thing, it is rather you who did evil to thy own self in pursuing a Fooliis evil thing thinking it was good and knowing not that it was not, which is why I veiledly warned you that the way you go brings curses on you, but you did not understand. grin

I curse you not but it is the way in which you have walked which Curseth you! grin
Re: A Challenge To All Christians Today by Sharingiscaring: 9:00am On Mar 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin I did you know evil thing, it is rather you who did evil to thy own self in pursuing a Fooliis evil thing thinking it was good and knowing not that it was not, which is why I veiledly warned you that the way you go brings curses on you, but you did not understand. grin

I curse you not but it is the way in which you have walked which Curseth you! grin
The word that you believe in keeps judging you. I made a post to challenge Christians but you preferred to lay a curse on yourself. It remains with you as it is written. Yes, you did me NO EVIL as even you said because THE EVIL YOU TYPED ABOVE REMAINS YOURS FOREVER. The pit you dug, you have fallen into. So, remain cursed you curser-general of the world in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth Amen.
Re: A Challenge To All Christians Today by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:03am On Mar 21, 2021
I'm waiting for Churchgoers to come and prove themselves before i TELL you where you misunderstood Jesus' comments! wink
Re: A Challenge To All Christians Today by Sharingiscaring: 9:08am On Mar 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I'm waiting for Churchgoers to come and prove themselves before i TELL you where you misunderstood Jesus' comments! wink
Say it now. No need to wait because "NOW is the day of salvation" (2 Cor. 6:2). Say it now so that the 'churchgoers' will see it once and for all.
Re: A Challenge To All Christians Today by Dtruthspeaker: 9:09am On Mar 21, 2021
Sharingiscaring:

The word that you believe in keeps judging you. I made a post to challenge Christians but you preferred to lay a curse on yourself. It remains with you as it is written. Yes, you did me NO EVIL as even you said because THE EVIL YOU TYPED ABOVE REMAINS YOURS FOREVER. The pit you dug, you have fallen into. So, remain cursed you curser-general of the world.

grin grin grin
I Always Stand by, with and on my words and I never run from them, THEY ARE INDEED MINE! grin grin

Hear ye this Wisdom "Every Word of God is Pure: He is a Sheild unto them that put their trust in Him"! grin

I see you are adamant on having the last word, you can have it! grin
Re: A Challenge To All Christians Today by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:14am On Mar 21, 2021
Millions already have it and they've been taking it to them but they kept rejecting it so let them try their intellect perhaps they truly believe in Jesus or they're just peddling credulity.

I'll tell you later not now! wink

Sharingiscaring:

Say it now. No need to wait because "NOW is the day of salvation" (2 Cor. 6:2). Say it now so that the 'churchgoers' will see it once and for all.
Re: A Challenge To All Christians Today by Sharingiscaring: 9:15am On Mar 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin grin grin
I Always Stand by, with and on my words and I never run from them, THEY ARE INDEED MINE! grin grin

Hear ye this Wisdom "Every Word of God is Pure: He is a Sheils unto them that put their trust in Him"! grin

I see you are adamant on having the last word, you can have it! grin
Your words are feather weight. As for me, I declared as it is written while you are declaring your poor words from your dirty heart. So, standing by your words makes very little meaning. Instead, I stand by the words written before both of us were born. Deal with it. "Who speaks and it comes to pass if the Lord hasn't said so?" Is it you? Answer me.
Re: A Challenge To All Christians Today by Dtruthspeaker: 9:21am On Mar 21, 2021
Sharingiscaring:

Your words are feather weight. As for me, I declared as it is written while you are declaring your poor words from your dirty heart. So, standing by your words makes very little meaning. Instead, I stand by the words written before both of us were born. Deal with it. "Who speaks and it comes to pass if the Lord hasn't said so?" Is it you? Answer me.

grin I told you to have the last word therefore I can not answer, however I have answered already! grin

Did I not see you feel the Power of my Words?

It is Written The Lord confirms the words of His servants!

Now I would not be replying for I do not want to see your further shame!
Re: A Challenge To All Christians Today by Sharingiscaring: 9:38am On Mar 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin I told you to have the last word therefore I can not answer, however I have answered already! grin

Did I not see you feel the Power of my Words?

It is Written The Lord confirms the words of His servants!

Now I would not be replying for I do not want to see your further shame!

Words of his servants? I already said it. When people were puffed up as you are puffed up right now, Apostle Paul challenged them as I'm challenging you also. He told them to not claim they are this or that but to prove what they claim they are by the power they manifest because "the Kingdom of God is not in word but in power" (1 Cor 4:20).

I see that your problem comes from ignorance of God's word. As the Lord Jesus said, it's because "you neither know the scriptures nor the power of God" (Matthew 22:29). That's how many of you steal people's wives by claiming to be servants of God and threatening them with curses. You have been getting away with it but NO MORE. From today, all the evils you have been doing and hiding are exposed to your shame.

And yes, you can't respond again because you don't have anything meaningful to say. You claim to be a servant of God but your words are so carnal, bereft of scriptures. What God are you serving? A cursed god or the God of blessings? The answer is clear.

1 Like

Re: A Challenge To All Christians Today by Sharingiscaring: 9:52am On Mar 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Millions already have it and they've been taking it to them but they kept rejecting it so let them try their intellect perhaps they truly believe in Jesus or they're just peddling credulity.

I'll tell you later not now! wink

Now, say what you promised. No one is here anymore. I'm eager to know how wrong I might be. Thanks.
Re: A Challenge To All Christians Today by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:35am On Mar 21, 2021
Billions living today along with countless many who have died were also confused as to what Jesus meant in that statement!

First of all know that there is no one either living or dead that has ever performed Miracles closer in awesomeness to the great signs Jesus did within those three and a half years. So don't think he was talking about miraculous works otherwise Timothy a bonafide member of God's family in the house of faith in the first century would not be told to start drinking wine to manage his stomach ulcer {1Timothy 5:23} Jesus would have cured Timothy with just one word!

So what was the greater works Jesus said those who believe will do that he himself never achieved? undecided

Well Jesus' ministry wasn't about miracles there is a purpose for which Jesus preached and taught people in the first century. The purpose was to gather obedient mankind and train them on how they can become one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers {Isaiah 2:2-4} so Jesus' ministry was commissioned for this purpose that's why he told his disciples that when they do what he asked them to do and successfully accomplish it the sign they will see before God's kingdom comes is having families throughout the earth {Mark 10:28-30} this means while Satan is achieving his own goal promoting hatred throughout the earth with Politics and Racism {Revelations 6:3-4} Jesus' true followers will be busy uniting faithful people globally {John 17:20-23} this is the good work Jesus slaved for three and a half years but couldn't even achieve among his twelve Jewish closest confidants {Luke 22:24} Jesus promised that the Holy Spirit will continue from where he stopped for this purpose to be fulfilled {John 14:26} though he wish them PEACE {John 14:27} but it won't manifest until God's Holy Spirit start teaching them how to go about it! Galatians 5:22-23

So are Christians achieving this today?

Well true followers of Christ are proving themselves to be his Witnesses globally today {Act 1:8} as true subjects of the Prince of Peace {Isaiah 9:6} they've successfully impressed in the minds of millions the LOVE for God and their neighbours, they have vowed never to raise harmful weapons against their fellowman again, they have eradicated Nepotism, Racism and Politics from their midst {Isaiah 2:2-4} and they're now know Globally as a family of worshipers that LOVE reigns among them {John 13:34-35} no matter where you may come from people know JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES will LOVE you as their family once you become one of them! Matthew 12:46-49

This is the work Jesus started but JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES have done greater than what this wonderful counselor did when he walked the earth! John 14:12

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

Sharingiscaring:

Now, say what you promised. No one is here anymore. I'm eager to know how wrong I might be.
Re: A Challenge To All Christians Today by Sharingiscaring: 1:19pm On Mar 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Billions living today along with countless many who have died were also confused as to what Jesus meant in that statement!

First of all know that there is no one either living or dead that has ever performed Miracles closer in awesomeness to the great signs Jesus did within those three and a half years. So don't think he was talking about miraculous works otherwise Timothy a bonafide member of God's family in the house of faith in the first century would not be told to start drinking wine to manage his stomach ulcer {1Timothy 5:23} Jesus would have cured Timothy with just one word!

So what was the greater works Jesus said those who believe will do that he himself never achieved? undecided

Well Jesus' ministry wasn't about miracles there is a purpose for which Jesus preached and taught people in the first century. The purpose was to gather obedient mankind and train them on how they can become one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers {Isaiah 2:2-4} so Jesus' ministry was commissioned for this purpose that's why he told his disciples that when they do what he asked them to do and successfully accomplish it the sign they will see before God's kingdom comes is having families throughout the earth {Mark 10:28-30} this means while Satan is achieving his own goal promoting hatred throughout the earth with Politics and Racism {Revelations 6:3-4} Jesus' true followers will be busy uniting faithful people globally {John 17:20-23} this is the good work Jesus slaved for three and a half years but couldn't even achieve among his twelve Jewish closest confidants {Luke 22:24} Jesus promised that the Holy Spirit will continue from where he stopped for this purpose to be fulfilled {John 14:26} though he wish them PEACE {John 14:27} but it won't manifest until God's Holy Spirit start teaching them how to go about it! Galatians 5:22-23

So are Christians achieving this today?

Well true followers of Christ are proving themselves to be his Witnesses globally today {Act 1:8} as true subjects of the Prince of Peace {Isaiah 9:6} they've successfully impressed in the minds of millions the LOVE for God and their neighbours, they have vowed never to raise harmful weapons against their fellowman again, they have eradicated Nepotism, Racism and Politics from their midst {Isaiah 2:2-4} and they're now know Globally as a family of worshipers that LOVE reigns among them {John 13:34-35} no matter where you may come from people know JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES will LOVE you as their family once you become one of them! Matthew 12:46-49

This is the work Jesus started but JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES have done greater than what this wonderful counselor did when he walked the earth! John 14:12

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

OK, thank you for this. I will always bow to the voice of scripture and reason. So, let me digest your long response in prayer before I respond back.
Re: A Challenge To All Christians Today by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:52pm On Mar 21, 2021
You're welcome anytime Sir!

Jesus' disciples aren't taught to perform miracles but to LOVE, when Jesus talked about LOVE he reminded his Jewish listeners that it's the same WORK of LOVE that all the prophets and laws stood for! Matthew 22:34-40

So it's for the purpose of building the LOVE for God and for neighbours that everything written in the Bible was instituted. But when Jesus was alone with his own followers he gave them a new commandment!
Note that God's law given to Moses says "you must LOVE God with your whole strength, soul, heart and mind then you must LOVE your neighbour as yourself" {Mark 12:29-31 compare to Deuteronomy 6:4-5} but this time Jesus told his own followers "you must love one another just as i have loved you, by this everyone will know that you're my true followers if you have this type of LOVE amongst yourselves" John 13:34-35

Do you think it's possible to claim you love your neighbour but hate him due to nepotism, racism or politics to the extent of picking up weapons to kill him? Or do you think a Christian (who supposed to LOVE his fellow believer the same way Jesus loves him) will forget Jesus' commandment only for him to pick up weapons in the name of nationalism to kill his fellow believer in Christ? Micah 4:1-3

Even Jesus himself kept praying for this type of LOVE to work in the midst of his followers but never witnessed it in his lifetime here on earth!

Let the Churchgoers come forward to refute this truth with all their so called miracles that's of no PRACTICAL BENEFITS! Matthew 7:21-23

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES Organization told the whole world right from inception that we're not here to perform miracles but we will accomplish what Jesus, the prophets and the law was aimed at achieving a global family of peace loving worshipers! Isaiah 2:1-4

Though billions will not see this wonderful work of God's Holy Spirit because they'll continue to argue saying they have faith but where is the WORK of their FAITH? James 2:18-26

You're welcome once again Sir! smiley

Sharingiscaring:

OK, thank you for this. I will always bow to the voice of scripture and reason. So, let me digest your long response in prayer before I respond back.
Re: A Challenge To All Christians Today by Kobojunkie: 2:17pm On Mar 21, 2021
Sharingiscaring:
Where can I find Christians who are doing UP TO the mighty works Jesus is reported to have done not to talk of those doing GREATER works than Jesus did?
Why are you looking for them?
Sharingiscaring:
Where can I find them? If you know, tell me. But, if I can't find them, what justification do the Christians of today have for asking people to believe in Jesus? Even Jesus himself is quoted as having said, "even if you won't believe in me, at least believe because of the mighty works that you see me do" (paraphrased from John 14:11).
You have point that a majority of those who wear the "Christian" badge of today have no evidence that they indeed have the Truth of God for them to go asking others to believe in Jesus Christ. But also recall that Jesus Christ warned that there will be many who come doing wonders in His name who also don't belong to Him. undecided

So should you really be looking for Christians who are doing "mighty works"? Or should you instead be looking out instead to seeing the Light of Jesus Christ shining through those who are followers of Jesus Christ instead? undecided

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Rid Of Religion. / Is It Good For A Christian To Celebrate Salah? / What dwells in the temple of YHVH Almighty and what lives in a satanic shrine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.