Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,379 members, 7,822,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Do People Really Give Wholeheartedly? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do People Really Give Wholeheartedly? (150 Views)

Is It God That Really Give People Money Or It’s Just A Fallacy? / Do People Really Give Up The Ghost? / God Really Give Second Chances When You Ask For Forgiveness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do People Really Give Wholeheartedly? by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 21, 2021
So I'm writing this because of the hypocrisy surrounding this act of giving. Yes the Bible said it is blessed to give than to receive but people have turned giving to show off, validation seeking activity and "subtle trade by barter activity".

So let me start from the show off aspect. You had your birthday and went to an orphanage and gave out items and you took pictures and uploaded on the media. You are a bloody hypocrite that wants the praise of men. The Bible said you have received your reward because it said when you give your left hand should not know what your right hand is doing.
Another example is you help a friend out of financial difficulty or hunger and you have to tell all your friends so they will think well of you that's just lame.

Now the "subtle trade by barter" is the one that confuses me and has made me reluctant to accept help from anybody even family members. If someone stretches out money to give me my mind will start thinking "only God knows what this one will want me to pay him/her back". I don't care what you want to tell me; anyone that helps you, you are suddenly indebted to that person. How you pay back is what you don't know. I will give examples that people want to benefit from you after giving to you. For example you have nothing to eat and your neighbour gives you food, the person is expecting you to return the favour from that time onwards and when you don't you seem like a bad and ungrateful person. Only few people few people give without expecting anything in return i.e no strings attached to whatever they are giving you.

The following usually happens when such givings happen;

-You are expected to return the favour whether you want to or not.

- Someone that do not normally cross your path can now call you and send you on funny errands because he feels he has done you a favour

- Someone you people pass each other without even making eye contact, now you are indebted to greeting the person for life. If you don't you are an evil person.

Moral lesson: It is not by force to give, let it come from your heart that is giving out of genuine love and not expecting the person to return the favour back or strings being attached. Nobody will put a gun to your head for not giving (except an armed robber). Stop this stupid hypocrisy. "I send my parents 50k monthly" blablabla nobody cares, why are you announcing to the world. Just keep quiet and give your give and let whatever God you believe in bless you for it. Bye

-
Re: Do People Really Give Wholeheartedly? by falcon01: 11:45am On Mar 21, 2021
To the ones we actually love yes we do
Re: Do People Really Give Wholeheartedly? by rtdCivilservant: 12:35pm On Mar 21, 2021
U forgot to talk about the ungrateful souls too, those that sing ur praises as far as u are giving them, but see u as a bad person the day u don't have to give them. This world is not just balanced, sometimes like it is better not to give cos helping some people will make life miserable for u cos they will continue to come to u every now and then, the day u tell them u don't have they begin to give u attitude.
Re: Do People Really Give Wholeheartedly? by Kobojunkie: 2:46pm On Mar 21, 2021
NewSoul:
So I'm writing this because of the hypocrisy surrounding this act of giving. Yes the Bible said it is blessed to give than to receive but people have turned giving to show off, validation seeking activity and "subtle trade by barter activity".

So let me start from the show off aspect. You had your birthday and went to an orphanage and gave out items and you took pictures and uploaded on the media. You are a bloody hypocrite that wants the praise of men. The Bible said you have received your reward because it said when you give your left hand should not know what your right hand is doing.
Include your Pastors/Apostles/GOs ,etc. who also publicize their gives. undecided
NewSoul:
Another example is you help a friend out of financial difficulty or hunger and you have to tell all your friends so they will think well of you that's just lame.

Now the "subtle trade by barter" is the one that confuses me and has made me reluctant to accept help from anybody even family members. If someone stretches out money to give me my mind will start thinking "only God knows what this one will want me to pay him/her back". I don't care what you want to tell me; anyone that helps you, you are suddenly indebted to that person. How you pay back is what you don't know. I will give examples that people want to benefit from you after giving to you. For example you have nothing to eat and your neighbour gives you food, the person is expecting you to return the favour from that time onwards and when you don't you seem like a bad and ungrateful person. Only few people few people give without expecting anything in return i.e no strings attached to whatever they are giving you.
Jesus said...

Matthew 6 vs 1- 4(ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. “Be careful! When you do something good, don’t do it in front of others so that they will see you. If you do that, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2. “When you give to those who are poor, don’t announce that you are giving. Don’t be like the hypocrites. When they are in the synagogues and on the streets, they blow trumpets before they give so that people will see them. They want everyone to praise them. The truth is, that’s all the reward they will get.
3. So when you give to the poor, don’t let anyone know what you are doing.[a]
4. Your giving should be done in private. Your Father can see what is done in private, and he will reward you.
undecided
NewSoul:
The following usually happens when such givings happen;
-You are expected to return the favour whether you want to or not.
- Someone that do not normally cross your path can now call you and send you on funny errands because he feels he has done you a favour
- Someone you people pass each other without even making eye contact, now you are indebted to greeting the person for life. If you don't you are an evil person.
Moral lesson: It is not by force to give, let it come from your heart that is giving out of genuine love and not expecting the person to return the favour back or strings being attached. Nobody will put a gun to your head for not giving (except an armed robber). Stop this stupid hypocrisy. "I send my parents 50k monthly" blablabla nobody cares, why are you announcing to the world. Just keep quiet and give your give and let whatever God you believe in bless you for it. Bye
You should also preach your "sermon" to the pastors and GOs from whom many of these same learn their "manners" about giving from. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Meditate On This Tonight. / Justified By His Resurrection / Odumeje /Ada Jesus Saga: Rita Edochie Takes Final Decision On Strange Illness, C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.