Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,746 members, 7,820,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) (26449 Views)

Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him / Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda / 14 Quotes From 'Things Fall Apart' By Chinua Achebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by BSdetector: 2:18pm On Mar 22, 2021
jayworld15:

The greatest novelist of all time, Leo Tolstoy was never given any Nobel prize. He is considered to be the greatest and his work Ana Karenina is considered by many as the greatest work of literature. I appreciate awards but they’re don’t overtly determine one’ s true greatness. Award is just one piece among many that determine it.

Even with or without the award achebe was an overrated novelist who wrote village story books, comparing him to leo tolstoy who received nominations for the Nobel Prize in Literature every year from 1902 to 1906 and for the Nobel Peace Prize in 1901, 1902, and 1909 is utterly fanciful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by ekestic1976(f): 2:32pm On Mar 22, 2021
Iegendhero:

I think this Nobel prize really dealt with the psyche of you guys.

You can’t fight destiny. Achebe was a legend on his own but he never won the Nobel prize in literature.

That is a truth that will live forever and no matter how much envy and pain people like you voice out against Prof. Soyinka, truth cannot be changed!
Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by BSdetector: 2:33pm On Mar 22, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Fave Kwara state and solve your hijsb crises.

next.

Deflect when the brain can't come up with anything sensible. Typical flatin0.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by BLoomfrancs(m): 2:39pm On Mar 22, 2021
BSdetector:

Even with or without the award achebe was an overrated novelist who wrote village story books, comparing him to leo tolstoy who received nominations for the Nobel Prize in Literature every year from 1902 to 1906 and for the Nobel Peace Prize in 1901, 1902, and 1909 is utterly fanciful.

Your reference of Achebe's works as village story books shows the shallowness of your reasoning. Achebe is still no. 1 in Africa whether you like it or not.

2 Likes

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by BSdetector: 2:43pm On Mar 22, 2021
BLoomfrancs:

Your reference of Achebe's works as village story books shows the shallowness of your reasoning. Achebe is still no. 1 in Africa whether you like it or not.

Yeah right!! and my dad is Elon musk grin keep dreaming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by BLoomfrancs(m): 2:52pm On Mar 22, 2021
BSdetector:

Yeah right!! and my dad is Elon musk grin keep dreaming.

Lame pussy-ass afonja. Your Soyinka won the prize but is relegated to the shrouding background anytime Achebe's name is mentioned, even after the passing away of the one true legend of African literature. cheesy grin The village books as your hate-filled ass refer to them as have been translated in so many languages and you are here nursing your jealousy over what you lots can only dream of becoming. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by BSdetector: 3:05pm On Mar 22, 2021
BLoomfrancs:

Lame pussy-ass afonja. Your Soyinka won the prize but is relegated to the shrouding background anytime Achebe's name is mentioned, even after the passing away of the one true legend of African literature. cheesy grin The village books as your hate-filled ass refer to them as have been translated in so many languages and you are here nursing your jealousy over what you lots can only dream of becoming. grin

Now you're coping. Repeating lies and bullshit doesn't change the facts, he's a third rate writer who didn't achieve much in life than writing fairy tales, lies and falsehood, he lived the later part of his life comatose in a wheelchair and died a vegetable in a foreign country....now why in God's name would I envy such life. Lol, you're trippin flatin0.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by BLoomfrancs(m): 3:22pm On Mar 22, 2021
BSdetector:

Now you're coping. Repeating lies and bullshit doesn't change the facts, he's a third rate writer who didn't achieve much in life than writing fairy tales, lies and falsehood, he lived the later part of his life comatose in a wheelchair and died a vegetable in a foreign country....now why in God's name would I envy such life. Lol, you're trippin flatin0.

Never expected much from a typical slimy coneheaded clown who is wired to hate anyone doing better than him. You guys are just predictable. Lets see what important people have got to say. Don't let your jealousy eat you up. grin cheesy cheesy Achebe's name is heralded all over the world but your white headed puppet, as self destructive as you afonja coneheads are known to be, tore his green card, and deported his ass back to his village in ogbomosho. A prostate cancer vegetable who got his ass divorced two times by his former wives because he couldn't perform even with all the herbal mellicine you coneheads are known to take to please women. grin

Now boy, let's see what real men saw in Achebe that nonentities like you can't see.

2 Likes

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by MummyD2020(f): 3:51pm On Mar 22, 2021
See dragging like any of the profs is their uncle? Mediocrity in action!
Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by michresakidjo(m): 4:01pm On Mar 22, 2021
BSdetector:

As far as we're concerned igbos will always come second to Yoruba's. Achebe was a mediocre writer whose over glorified works were only read by his clannish kinsmen, apart from writing a few books he ran off abroad like all Igbo men do offering no real value to his homeland politically or socially.

Soyinka wasn't just a writer but a revolutionist both literally and politically who rubbed shoulders with the likes of Fidel casto, he was a man with balls who slept in jail because of his beliefs, even after winning the noble prize he continued with his activism, even to this day in his old age Soyinka is still active in the affairs of Yoruba land and proved a vocal supporter of Amotekun....comparing him to a failed history revisionist who died a vegetable in a wheelchair is a crime against humanity.

I'm a Yoruba guy.. This is not a good portrayal of Omoluabi.

Both men are best of their respective worlds.
There was a time achebe and co visited soyinka in prison...would such had happen ed if there was no love.

Achebe Is as Great as Soyinka!

Both put us on the map

Yoruba culture is more of dramatic.. and. It's obvious in soyinka's... Ola rotimi and Co

Achebe

Christopher Okigbo

Flora Nwapa

Emechita

Adiche

Let love leads.. Hatred is a trap

2 Likes

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by BSdetector: 4:13pm On Mar 22, 2021
michresakidjo:

I'm a Yoruba guy.. This is not a good portrayal of Omoluabi.

Both men are best of their respective worlds.
There was a time achebe and co visited soyinka in prison...would such had happen ed if there was no love.

Achebe Is as Great as Soyinka!

Both put us on the map

Yoruba culture is more of dramatic.. and. It's obvious in soyinka's... Ola rotimi and Co

Achebe

Christopher Okigbo

Flora Nwapa

Emechita

Adiche

Let love leads.. Hatred is a trap

An Omoluabi will not look aside while his elders are being rubbished, you're mistaking the concept of Omoluabi for political liberalism and a simpish personality. don't hit me with that kumbaya bullcrap.
Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by jayworld15(m): 4:26pm On Mar 22, 2021
BSdetector:

You got it all wrong. Historically, print started in Europe around 1440 In Germany by Gutenberg. In Africa at the time, there’s nothing pointing to tell about history except in oral form. One characteristic of it is EPHEMERAL NATURE, meaning it stays for a little time. Africa’s settlements at the time were villages and possibly towns headed either by exalted authority or communal communication. If you read European writings, you’d understand their portrayal of Africans and Africa as savages without history, land of darkness where God has long forgotten it ever existed. They tell you your own history. This is the reason Achebe wrote his first trilogy; the first was a PRE-COLONIAL TIME to EARLY COLONIALISM. He uses an Igbo setting to defend Africa and his history. That’s while you have the villages (not cities) as his setting and there are many elements of oral literature in them.

How would you feel if I tell you that your great, great, great grandfather once worked as the king’s Horseman in Ife when in fact I knew nothing of him. Imagine me arguing with you on that, would you be able to bring him out or bring traces of things about you, like maybe you’re not from Ife, your ancestors never walk on Ife soil etc? That’s the way it was then. By his writing, he stamped Africa on the history footprints of the world. Check BBC’s greatest works of art, you’d see “Things Fall Apart”.

2 Likes

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by BSdetector: 4:34pm On Mar 22, 2021
BLoomfrancs:

Lol. You are really taking this to heart. I can imagine all the veins in your cone head thumping with high blood pressure. Please na cruise I dey catch my conehead blother before you kill yourself. If you like kill yourself na you sabi. Google metrics shows what millions think as opposed to what nonentities like you think. Hello shithead? grin grin grin Are you there? grin grin grin Ok you are still there.

So you are so foolish to think that an award given by some few redneck white racists means anything better than what millions of unbiased people around the globe think? Conehead re tard. Your convulsion is still in tandem with what I said early that Achebe is still and will always be above your prostrate ravaged vegetable. You wanna say Google is biased? Aboki go to sleep you have nothing meaningful to say. cheesy

According to this ret@rd Google search results is a metric for greatness.....lmao "aN aWoRD gIvEn bY sOmE foOliSh reDNeCk rAcIsts" but you guys were clearly salty when your story book writer wasn't even nominated, some even went as far as begging Soyinka to nominate the mediocre posthumously. Lmao Google metrics.... you're graciously stupid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by BLoomfrancs(m): 4:36pm On Mar 22, 2021
BSdetector:

According to this ret@rd Google search results is a metric for greatness.....lmao "aN aWoRD gIvEn bY sOmE foOliSh reDNeCk rAcIsts" but you guys were clearly salty when your story book writer wasn't even nominated, some even went as far as begging Soyinka to nominate the mediocre posthumously. Lmao Google metrics.... you're graciously stupid.

Lol. You are really taking this to heart. I can imagine all the veins in your cone head thumping with high blood pressure. Please na cruise I dey catch my conehead blother before you kill yourself. If you like kill yourself na you sabi. Google metrics shows what millions think as opposed to what nonentities like you think. Hello shithead? grin grin grin Are you there? grin grin grin Ok you are still there.

So you are so foolish to think that an award given by some few redneck white racists means anything better than what millions of unbiased people around the globe think? Conehead re tard. Your convulsion is still in tandem with what I said earlier that Achebe is still and will always be above your prostrate ravaged vegetable.

Toni Morrison is proud till today to say that Achebe inspired her to become a writer; I can't say the same for your snow headed vegetable. grin

Soyinka had a show in a cinema one time in london, despite all the promotion he did for the show, it was poorly attended. When some writers were asked why they didn't attend, they said that the drama was boring so no need to attend to see what the players would do at the show. cheesy cheesy
The truth is everyone rates Achebe above Soyinka and nothing your ass can do about it. tongue

You wanna say Google is biased? Aboki go to sleep you have nothing meaningful to say. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by Ajibaba101(m): 4:40pm On Mar 22, 2021
Iegendhero:

You can’t fight destiny. Achebe was a legend on his own but he never won the Nobel prize in literature.

That is a truth that will live forever and no matter how much envy and pain people like you voice out against Prof. Soyinka, truth cannot be changed!
stop thinking like this Achebe never hated or jealous Soyinka and vice versa they were both kings forget Nobel price

4 Likes

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by Ajibaba101(m): 4:43pm On Mar 22, 2021
wow 8 years
I remember telling the story of his death on our end of year party day that year
rest in peace sir
Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by donnie(m): 4:47pm On Mar 22, 2021
Joel 3:2
"I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land."

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by BSdetector: 4:54pm On Mar 22, 2021
BLoomfrancs:

So you are so foolish to think that an award given by some few redneck white racists means anything better than what millions of unbiased people around the globe think? Conehead re tard. Your convulsion is still in tandem with what I said earlier that Achebe is still and will always be above your prostrate ravaged vegetable.

Toni Morrison is proud till today to say that Achebe inspired her to become a writer; I can't say the same for your snow headed vegetable. grin

Soyinka had a show in a cinema one time in london, despite all the promotion he did for the show, it was poorly attended. When some writers were asked why they didn't attend, they said that the drama was boring so no need to attend to see what the players would do at the show. cheesy cheesy
The truth is everyone rates Achebe above Soyinka and nothing your ass can do about it. tongue

You wanna say Google is biased? Aboki go to sleep you have nothing meaningful to say. cheesy

Still repeating the same nonsense, the only rating your achebe gets is in his village.....you can see the envy and lack of wisdom in the statement of achebe shortly after soyinka won the prize....the average Igbo man is envious, egotistical and stupid, even achebe attested to this, your envy and crab like mentality has made you guys largely irrelevant, and your weeping, tears and sorrow will only continue because the Yoruba man will always be one step ahead of your bush tribe apes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by BLoomfrancs(m): 5:14pm On Mar 22, 2021
BSdetector:

Still repeating the same nonsense, the only rating your achebe gets is in his village.....you can see the envy and lack of wisdom in the statement of achebe shortly after soyinka won the prize....the average Igbo man is envious, egotistical and stupid, even achebe attested to this, your envy and crab like mentality has made you guys largely irrelevant, and your weeping, tears and sorrow will only continue because the Yoruba man will always be one step ahead of your bush tribe apes.

The only thing you are holding on is the nobel prize.
The truth about Achebe being better than Soyinka has dealt a hard blow on your psyche.

This simply goes to show that you have been living with this hatred and envy all your life. I know you are still finding it difficult accepting what the world knows which is the simple fact that Achebe is the greatest as far as Africa and the world is concerned. I know, in soliloquy that you will be like but why are people still saying Achebe is the father of African literature when our vegetable Soyinka was given the nobel prize cheesy Why are they regarding that Igbo man first even though my vegetable blother Soyinka was picked by some whitemen as a nobel laureate cheesy But why all this injustice against yoruba people cheesy grin grin

Don't cry my brother. the truth is always bitter they say. You might not come to terms with it but that is the truth. tongue grin grin

Conehead clown I thought I told you not to take this to heart?

1 Like

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by BSdetector: 5:41pm On Mar 22, 2021
BLoomfrancs:

Lol you don't have anything else to say? I told you I was only playing but your block head wouldn't assimilate that. Oya bring that your bruised conehead lemme spit on it. tueh tueh cheesy cheesy grin

Bye.... you're actually ret@ded.
Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by BLoomfrancs(m): 5:42pm On Mar 22, 2021
BSdetector:

Bye.... you're actually ret@ded.

Lol. Bye grin grin grin Till we meet again grin grin grin
Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by PataAlhajaKeji(m): 5:48pm On Mar 22, 2021
BLoomfrancs:

I read those boring reads and there aint nothing special in them. He won the Nobel prize because of his leaning as an activist and one who exalted the western civilization and modernization over traditional African values.

Chinua Achebe on the flip side was going to win the prize if not for his sharp criticism of Conrad's work the "Heart of Darkness". Nobody is complaining about some award. Till date, Achebe is the most celebrated literary icon in Africa.

Avail yourself of the knowledge of what I just said and go read Chinua Achebe's criticism of that racist bullhead called Conrad.

You no nothing about Soyinka.

He's an Ogun adherent ... Ogun, the Yoruba god of war, iron and metallic ore.

Besides, you don't win the Nobel prize for writing a novel that lacks depths and literary complexities. John Grisham would have won it. Don't you think so? "A time to kill" is a better novel , compared to "Things fall apart".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by BLoomfrancs(m): 5:55pm On Mar 22, 2021
PataAlhajaKeji:

You no nothing about Soyinka.

He's an Ogun adherent ... Ogun, the Yoruba god of war, iron and metallic ore.

Besides, you don't win the Nobel prize for writing a novel that lacks depths and literary complexities. John Grisham would have won it. Don't you think so? "A time to kill" is a better novel , compared to "Things fall apart".

Lol. Here comes yet another conehead about to take the gauntlet. Massage your ego all you want, Achebe is still no. 1. Please we are not talking Ogun niggar; we talking Africa, we talking the world.

Yoruba god of war. And fulanis are flogging your people out to Benin republic. grin grin grin grin

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by Mklyt(m): 6:28pm On Mar 22, 2021
Abdulazeez99:
Nwando Achebe daughter of the late novelist, poet, and essayist Chinua Achebe on Sunday marked her father’s eighth death anniversary with a touching note on social media, Igbere TV reports.

She said in a tweet that although he had been gone for eight years, she still misses him more than he would ever know.

https://twitter.com/NwandoAchebe/status/1373602509584011264?s=20

Chinua Achebe died after a short illness on March 21, 2013, in Boston, United States.

He is best known for his first novel Things Fall Apart which was published in 1958.

Nwando herself is an academic, feminist scholar, and multi-award-winning historian.

She is a professor of history and associate dean for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the College of Social Science at Michigan State University.
Rip my Idol
Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 22, 2021
Juliusmalema:
It's been long.

Winning Nobel prize doesn't make one the Jagaban of African Literature.....

This man really knows how to play with words...

Continue Resting in the bosom of our Lord.

Some of his quotes

"While we do our good works let us not forget that the real solution lies in a world in which charity will have become unnecessary."

"The white man is very clever. He came quietly and peaceably with his religion. We were amused at his foolishness and allowed him to stay. Now he has won our brothers, and our clan can no longer act like one. He has put a knife on the things that held us together and we have fallen apart."

'Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.'

"when we are comfortable and inattentive, we run the risk of committing grave injustices absentmindedly."
The man was a great individual who changed the world in his own way by educating his fellow Africans!!!!!

Personally, I enjoyed his book, "Things fall apart!" The book is a Master piece!!!!

May he continue to rest in Perfect peace!

2 Likes

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 22, 2021
Iegendhero:

Achebe's Noble price is in the appreciation people Accord to his literary work, and even if his alive today, that will suffice him!!!!

The guy said great things about Achebe, but he ruined it when he drag wole into it!
Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 22, 2021
Beremx:
This is not necessary. Chinua Achebe and Wole Soyinka are not enemies so don’t make them one. Both men are legends
Louder.

1 Like

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by kelly72: 7:37pm On Mar 22, 2021
Oh!! Albert Chinualumogu Achebe
Where do I start?

Let me just go

Ife ukwu melu Igbo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert / Diary Of A Stingy Sex Addict / A Critical Background Of Lonely Days By Bayo Adebowale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.