Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,271 members, 7,826,055 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 28th April 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 28th April 2021 (54973 Views)

Tottenham Hotspur Vs Arsenal (2 - 3) On 28th April 2024 / Real Madrid Vs Manchester City UCL (3 - 1) On 4th May 2022 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 28th April 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 28th April 2021 by mazimee(m): 10:31am On Apr 29, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Goals come as a result of errors no doubt. But I'm sure you've heard of unforced errors and schoolboy errors before if you're familiar with sports.
PSG came into the second half looking to do same thing they did against Bayern that worked. Play on the counter. Like I said and it's obvious you can't argue it, man city had 1 shots on target before their goal! This is indicative of a toothless attack. PSG by then had 9 shots with 4 on target.

Compare PSG's goal which came from a corner with Marquinhos charging at the ball which was put into an unmarked space picked by Maria. The job still needed to be done by Marquinhos for the ball to go beyond the keeper.
Man city's goal on the other hand, no Man City player was attacking the ball towards the post. All Navas had to do was follow the trajectory of the ball and pick it up. But I guess he got too used to Marquinhos clearing the aerial ball, he forgot he has a keeper is the last line for clearing the ball. That's a schoolboy goalkeeper error and an unforced error from PSG as a team, just same way they did with Man utd's second goal that year.
I hope you can see the difference.

That PSG wouldn't have happened if Gundogan marked his man well. That's an error too. About the City goals, you have to be dominant and to force goals. City dominated PSG the whole of 2nd half.

1 Like

Re: PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 28th April 2021 by jikins(m): 10:37am On Apr 29, 2021
garfield1:

PSg this season are far better away.man u,barca,bayern

Well only time will tell next week nor far.

1 Like

Re: PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 28th April 2021 by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:39am On Apr 29, 2021
mazimee:

That PSG wouldn't have happened if Gundogan marked his man well. That's an error too. About the City goals, you have to be dominant and to force goals. City dominated PSG the whole of 2nd half.
So you agree that it was a physical battle between Gundogan and Marquinhos in which Marquinhos came up tops. It can then be said the goal is well deserved. Can you give the battles involved in the KDB goal at least?
Re: PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 28th April 2021 by jikins(m): 10:47am On Apr 29, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

So you agree that it was a physical battle between Gundogan and Marquinhos in which Marquinhos came up tops. It can then be said the goal is well deserved. Can you give the battles involved in the KDB goal at least?

Whats point of all these honestly? Weda you score earth breaking goal or cheap goal. The rule of the game doesn't change. The team with the most goals win. I personally would prefer 2 cheap goals against 1 breath taking goal any day any time. Man City don win. And they won away. They did their job. Only time will tell if they will do it again next week.

All these talks of error this error that will not change the scoreboard and the reality of the loss PSG suffered. So I don't see the point. Its up to PSG to be better next match in both defence and attack and hope Man City don't up their game too much and also hope for a little bit of luck.

1 Like

Re: PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 28th April 2021 by Chinny024(f): 11:03am On Apr 29, 2021
Can someone share a useful link for live streaming ahead of next week abeg!!!.
Re: PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 28th April 2021 by TruthinAction: 11:15am On Apr 29, 2021
Man city was just lucky. First goal was keeper error. Second goal was defensive blunder. How could they have allowed the free kick to go in between the defensive walls? PSG should play their life out in the second game. I see them winning by 2-1. The winner will be decided by penalty kicks.
Re: PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 28th April 2021 by osazsky(m): 11:15am On Apr 29, 2021
jikins:

Whats point of all these honestly? Weda you score earth breaking goal or cheap goal. The rule of the game doesn't change. The team with the most goals win. I personally would prefer 2 cheap goals against 1 breath taking goal any day any time. Man City don win. And they won away. They did their job. Only time will tell if they will do it again next week.

All these talks of error this error that will not change the scoreboard and the reality of the loss PSG suffered. So I don't see the point. Its up to PSG to be better next match in both defence and attack and hope Man City don't up their game too much and also hope for a little bit of luck.
ignore that clown..if they start counting errors.chances mixed and pocession.city will win all thier epl game 40- 0 including man u...upon all the chances city had chealsea that didnt play anything won.does it makes city the winner.there are games we dominate without the opponent touching the ball at all and we lost

1 Like

Re: PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 28th April 2021 by osazsky(m): 11:18am On Apr 29, 2021
TruthinAction:
Man city was just lucky. First goal was keeper error. Second goal was defensive blunder. How could they have allowed the free kick to go in between the defensive walls? PSG should play their life out in the second game. I see them winning by 2-1. The winner will be decided by penalty kicks.
and psg...dribbled from the back ..nymar beats all city 11 players dribbles the keeper and scores with acrobatics. Even the sepectacular corner they used in scoring was an error.if we where proactive that corner kick would have been avoided

1 Like

Re: PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 28th April 2021 by garfield1: 11:26am On Apr 29, 2021
Komu1048:

And may I know the competition? grin

If it’s not cl,El or Supercup. Then keep ur peace

International champions cup
Re: PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 28th April 2021 by garfield1: 11:27am On Apr 29, 2021
tenzofall:
Run along

Yes,run along with the bald headed Spaniard out of ucl
Re: PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 28th April 2021 by bashuayi(m): 11:30am On Apr 29, 2021
Diffdeef:
and west brom butchered Chelsea 5- 2,have some shame g.

sense far from you ooo

Chelsea concede those goals after red card
Re: PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 28th April 2021 by osazsky(m): 11:43am On Apr 29, 2021
bashuayi:

sense far from you ooo

u where outplayed even before the redcard..leeds had red card and still won city. Wat is red card.na today
.u..didnt have a single chance on that game check pocession on goal.com..chelsea na team? Na these people one beat madrid.a team steuggling with westbrom just like man u that steuggled against shelfied go still dey shout.madrid life don spoil sha

1 Like

Re: PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 28th April 2021 by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:50am On Apr 29, 2021
jikins:

Points taken
Re: PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 28th April 2021 by tenzofall: 11:51am On Apr 29, 2021
garfield1:

Yes,run along with the bald headed Spaniard out of ucl
Thank you for telling us about ya papa.
Pep and Man City will keep being nightmare to you, get ready to be depressed and probably hug a transformer when he wins UCL this season.

Cry more tears as they give you sleepless nights.

They should return the school fees you paid that's if you attended any...

Below Are Your Problems

Effects of drugs and access to limited home training, with a poor education.
Very naive and ignorant.

Very senseless and meaningless response induced by hunger, you need food.
Re: PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 28th April 2021 by osazsky(m): 12:01pm On Apr 29, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Is anyone disputing the fact that City won? City won fair and square. Just like Man Utd did the other time. But there's no doubt PSG were the architects of their own misfortune in both cases/
nothing is fair my bro .chealsea winning the ucl was not fair.buhari winning the elections was not fair..the fact that man u and asenal now play in a division B competition is not fair
Re: PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 28th April 2021 by Realhommie(m): 12:19pm On Apr 29, 2021
blackjack21:

yes, it is.
PSG fall hand. I just hope something else happen, I don't want English Vs English final.
I understand, lol. But what will be will be.

Fingers crossed though, we'll see.

1 Like

Re: PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 28th April 2021 by ReeLoaDead(m): 12:22pm On Apr 29, 2021
osazsky:
ur consign should be chelsea not city.pep has nerver thrown a 2 goal lead in a knockout stage too experience for that.for psg man u baca yes not city

Pep/Man City has 2 away goals but it is a 1 goal lead …

In 2017 UCL, Pep G had a a 5-3 first leg advantage against Monaco and then lost 3-1 in the second leg.

Last year, Pep G lost to Lyon of all clubs in the UCL.

So yes, there is slight cause for concern based on historical outcomes.

Yes, I agree, Chelsea has a bigger challenge.
Re: PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 28th April 2021 by Diffdeef(m): 12:55pm On Apr 29, 2021
bashuayi:

sense far from you ooo

That's your excuse for getting butchered by a relegation team. Have some shame B.

1 Like

Re: PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 28th April 2021 by Agbegbaorogboye: 1:06pm On Apr 29, 2021
osazsky:
nothing is fair my bro .chealsea winning the ucl was not fair.buhari winning the elections was not fair..the fact that man u and asenal now play in a division B competition is not fair
How is Chelsea winning UCL not fair?
How is man utd and arsenal playing in UEL not fair?
Do you know the meaning of fairness at all?
Or you just want to counter everything i say?
Re: PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 28th April 2021 by Soso990240(m): 1:25pm On Apr 29, 2021
GeneralPula:

Something wey Mourinho don do well well..

Him even destroyed Barca and won the champions league with such wild style..
Mourinho played Barca without a striker? oga stop all these lies nah. Muorinho doesnt play without a striker, He doesnt do false 9 stuff
Re: PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 28th April 2021 by mazimee(m): 1:36pm On Apr 29, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

There wasn't even a battle as Gundogan wasn't positionaly aware
Re: PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 28th April 2021 by Soso990240(m): 1:40pm On Apr 29, 2021
emae009:

Actually read what you just wrote. His premise would have been wrong if he said "any team that beats Barca gets to the finals and win....."
He said any team that beats Barca wins the UCL except Madrid are in the finals then Madrid wins. This is true.
'10 - Inter Milan won (first statement is valid)
'12 - Chelsea won (first statement is valid)
'13 - Bayern won (first statement is valid)
'14 - Madrid won (exception is valid)
'16 - Madrid won (exception is valid)
'17 - Madrid won (exception is valid)
'18 - Madrid won (exception is valid)
'19 - Liverpool won (first statement is valid)
'20 - Bayern won (first statement is valid).

Your base your argument on the fact that any team that beats Barca gets to the final which is mostly true but that's not what he said. Problem is you didn't understand fully what his statement meant before you started trying so hard to prove him wrong
Roma won Barca, but couldnt get to the finals. your analysis is wrong bro. If they couldnt face Madrid, then your analysis lacks meaning

1 Like

Re: PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 28th April 2021 by emae009(m): 1:46pm On Apr 29, 2021
Soso990240:
Roma won Barca, but couldnt get to the finals. your analysis is wrong bro. If they couldnt face Madrid, then your analysis lacks meaning

based on the premise "Any team that beats Barca wins the UCL except Real Madrid are in the finals, then Madrid Wins" .....
can you point out how that analysis is wrong
I really did hope that dumbing it down would be self explanatory. But I'd love to hear your own argument
Re: PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 28th April 2021 by ofiko123(m): 2:06pm On Apr 29, 2021
Up Manchester city..
Re: PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 28th April 2021 by jizzison(m): 2:24pm On Apr 29, 2021
oyatainer:

Cry me a river you idiot. Since Man City has been playing teams hands down and eventually lost deu to errors, who have come out to praise them.

Deal with it, guy. They had their plan and utilised it well. If you don't like it go and hug a transformer.
You're a slowpoke and you've no one to tell you.
Read your what you just typed.
Who have come to praise them? Have you living in the darkness? Probably yes!

If you call that 1st half a game plan for man city you're high on banned substance. Imagine PSG taking 3-4 of their chances, would we be talking about a game plan? Na to just shift focuse on what they need to do in the 2nd leg.

Congrats to man city for the win, but they should be weary of the second leg because PSG are at their best away from home as most have seen this campaign.
Re: PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 28th April 2021 by Agbegbaorogboye: 2:29pm On Apr 29, 2021
mazimee:

There wasn't even a battle as Gundogan wasn't positionaly aware
You're just clutching to straws
Re: PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 28th April 2021 by jizzison(m): 2:31pm On Apr 29, 2021
Diffdeef:
and west brom butchered Chelsea 5- 2,have some shame g.
My bro, who have not being shamed this season? Especially in EPL.
If we use that westbrom game to judge Chelsea that means Madrid will run riot at stamford bridge.
Re: PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 28th April 2021 by jizzison(m): 2:43pm On Apr 29, 2021
TruthinAction:
Don't talk like that bro.
If man city's defense were proactive enough even PSG's corner which led to the opening goal could've been avoided.
Now where else would PSG have gotten a goal?
That's football, mistakes are part of the game.

1 Like

Re: PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 28th April 2021 by Lamasta(m): 2:49pm On Apr 29, 2021
fergie001:

My most hated clubside is Barcelona. Guardiola represents that so....On The Blues I Stand grin

Forgive yourself and move on bro Guardiola is still firing on all cylinder...

1 Like

Re: PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 28th April 2021 by Soso990240(m): 3:05pm On Apr 29, 2021
emae009:

based on the premise "Any team that beats Barca wins the UCL except Real Madrid are in the finals, then Madrid Wins" .....
can you point out how that analysis is wrong
I really did hope that dumbing it down would be self explanatory. But I'd love to hear your own argument
How can the team that beat barca win it if they didnt play in the finals? ok, in plain terms.
Based on your analysis, after Roma knocked out Barcelona, Madrid was never in the finals, they just won their quarter final game against Juventus.
So, nobody knew who will be in the finals, making the statement "unless Madrid is in the finals" void.
Now, Liverpool knocked Roma out (7:6), Roma failed to win the Tournament, making "Any team that knocks out Barcelona wins the Trophy" void.
Go through this simple analysis slowly, digest it, then be cool.
The Nigga added "EXCEPT" simple because of the Roma case, can never be used as a record or statistics.

1 Like

Re: PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 28th April 2021 by fergie001: 3:14pm On Apr 29, 2021
Lamasta:

Forgive yourself amd move on bro Guardiola is still firing on all cylinder...
Firing Koo....firing squad nii
Re: PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 28th April 2021 by happame: 3:49pm On Apr 29, 2021
Ok then

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Real Madrid Vs PSG UCL (3 - 1) On 9th March 2022 / Arsenal Vs Manchester United (2 - 0) On 1st January 2020 / Stoke City Vs Chelsea (1 - 0) On 7th November 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.