Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,441 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Never Seen This Engine In An EOD? Any Opinions ? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Never Seen This Engine In An EOD? Any Opinions ? (1959 Views)

Top 10 Points To Keep Your Car Engine In Shape / Inside The Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Plant As You Have Never Seen It Before / Is This Engine Oil Good To Service My Corolla (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Never Seen This Engine In An EOD? Any Opinions ? by YoungDaddyB: 12:27pm On Mar 22, 2021
Guys I came across this Honda accord eod engine
Anybody with an opinion on this engine please help me out?
This is not what a normal EOD looks like

Re: Never Seen This Engine In An EOD? Any Opinions ? by harmargedon: 12:35pm On Mar 22, 2021
closer view please

1 Like

Re: Never Seen This Engine In An EOD? Any Opinions ? by DAIL(m): 12:55pm On Mar 22, 2021
yes , it is normal
Re: Never Seen This Engine In An EOD? Any Opinions ? by ksmart027(m): 1:33pm On Mar 22, 2021
that is a 2.4l engine

1 Like

Re: Never Seen This Engine In An EOD? Any Opinions ? by YoungDaddyB: 1:58pm On Mar 22, 2021
Closer view

Re: Never Seen This Engine In An EOD? Any Opinions ? by YoungDaddyB: 1:59pm On Mar 22, 2021
DAIL:
yes , it is normal

Ok thanks because I'm used to seeing this, no differences at all with the normal EOD 4cyl?

1 Like

Re: Never Seen This Engine In An EOD? Any Opinions ? by YoungDaddyB: 1:59pm On Mar 22, 2021
ksmart027:
that is a 2.4l engine

Should I go ahead and get the car, everything is sound but the weird looking engine
Re: Never Seen This Engine In An EOD? Any Opinions ? by ksmart027(m): 2:05pm On Mar 22, 2021
YoungDaddyB:

Should I go ahead and get the car, everything is sound but the weird looking engine
of course, if anything checks out fine, you can go ahead and purchase. The car have two engine variant the 2.4l and 3.0 v6
Re: Never Seen This Engine In An EOD? Any Opinions ? by dicksonadams(m): 5:00pm On Mar 22, 2021
YoungDaddyB:

Talk to expert like nurey and HeavenlyBang, they can guide you better.

Engine parts might not be common in the market. And who know it could be turbored or made for Europe
Re: Never Seen This Engine In An EOD? Any Opinions ? by Mayor555(m): 6:16pm On Mar 22, 2021
YoungDaddyB:
Guys I came across this Honda accord eod engine
Anybody with an opinion on this engine please help me out?
This is not what a normal EOD looks like

It's an Acura TSX engine of same year. I've owned one like that before.

It's a good engine.

All na Honda engine. K24A Engine.

1 Like

Re: Never Seen This Engine In An EOD? Any Opinions ? by adanny01(m): 7:02pm On Mar 22, 2021
Mayor555:

It's an Acura TSX engine of same year. I've owned one like that before.

It's a good engine.

All na Honda engine. K24A Engine.

Yeah, the TSX carries the K24A engine as the accords but the TSX is tuned higher.

The confusion op noticed is probably just the manifold cover which belongs to the TSX.
Re: Never Seen This Engine In An EOD? Any Opinions ? by Mayor555(m): 8:03pm On Mar 22, 2021
adanny01:

Yeah, the TSX carries the K24A engine as the accords but the TSX is tuned higher.

The confusion op noticed is probably just the manifold cover which belongs to the TSX.

Exactly tuned higher...moves faster...

Yes too, that cover is his confusion.
Re: Never Seen This Engine In An EOD? Any Opinions ? by nurey(m): 9:10am On Mar 23, 2021
Mayor555:

Exactly tuned higher...moves faster...

Yes too, that cover is his confusion.

It's possible the engine cover was just swapped but the K24 with that silver cover is different from the black and even the black cover too are different. There are around 6 to 8 K24 engines all look alike but with different hp and some diff internal parts

1 Like

Re: Never Seen This Engine In An EOD? Any Opinions ? by Mayor555(m): 11:28am On Mar 23, 2021
nurey:

It's possible the engine cover was just swapped but the K24 with that silver cover is different from the black and even the black cover too are different. There are around 6 to 8 K24 engines all look alike but with different hp and some diff internal parts

Exactly, Even the ones with black cover aren't all same.

03 crv engine is different from same year EOD, but with almost the same look....

But the K24A Japanese engine seems to fit almost all k24A compatible cars.
Re: Never Seen This Engine In An EOD? Any Opinions ? by an0daGuy: 3:39pm On Mar 23, 2021
That color of manifold in a Honda engine makes it belong to an Acura. An Acura engine can produce up to 20hp more than its regular accord counterpart. There are many K24 engines and they all look alike externally.

Even the civic K20 engines look like it’s K24 counterpart in most areas and have some mad tuning capabilities than the latter.
Re: Never Seen This Engine In An EOD? Any Opinions ? by Eldemmi(m): 4:08pm On Mar 27, 2021
go ahead if other things check out including the condition of this engine... the engine is not a problem parts are usually same.
Re: Never Seen This Engine In An EOD? Any Opinions ? by 2shaw: 1:42am On Mar 28, 2021
Acura tsx engine

(1) (Reply)

In The 80s, The Price Of This Car Was Less Than ₦4000 / Wants To Acura MDX. Please I Need Your Advıce / The First All-electric, Fully-enclosed Motorcycle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.