Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,857 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Rising Karting Star, Ugo Ugochukwu Signs Long Term Agreement With McLaren - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rising Karting Star, Ugo Ugochukwu Signs Long Term Agreement With McLaren (16478 Views)

Mclaren Racing Signs Agreement With Rising Karting Star Ugo Ugochukwu / Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City / Cristiano Ronaldo steps out with his $1.4m McLaren Senna (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rising Karting Star, Ugo Ugochukwu Signs Long Term Agreement With McLaren by Obalatule: 6:01pm On Mar 22, 2021
Have McLaren got a headstart in signing one of motor racing's stars of the future? They'll certainly be hoping so after signing FIA European karting champion Ugo Ugochukwu to a long-term deal at 13 years old - the same age Lewis Hamilton was when the Woking squad secured his signature.

Ugochukwu, who has been described as a "revelation" by McLaren, was victorious in the 2020 FIA OKJ European Champoinship and has also won various national and international karting accolades in his native USA and in Europe.

The Woking team have a history of picking rising stars, with Hamilton, Kevin Magnussen, Stoffel Vandoorne and Lando Norris all alumni of their "tailored" young driver programme.

Team Principal Andreas Seidl explained how McLaren will continue to identify and sign young talent such as Ugochukwu.

He said: “This signing reflects our refocused approach to identifying and supporting new talent, away from a formal young driver programme to a more tailored basis.

“Ugo is a promising young talent with strong development prospects. While he is still early in his career, it is clear he has the ingredients to be successful in the sport.”

McLaren CEO Zak Brown gave an insight into how long the team have been watching Ugochukwu's progress in prestigious karting competitions such as the FIA's European Championship, and the Challenge of the Americas Junior Championship that he won in 2018.

“We’ve been watching Ugo’s progress with interest, so when the opportunity to sign an agreement with him became available, we had no hesitation moving on it,” said Brown. Now we’ll focus on giving Ugo the right support when he needs it to help him fulfil his potential.”

Ugochukwu, who began his karting career in New York State in 2013, added: “I’m honoured to be signed by such an iconic team as McLaren Racing so early in my career. To have the support of McLaren is fantastic and what any young driver dreams of. I’m focused right now on developing as a driver and racer, so having McLaren by my side can only help me on and off the track.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.formula1.com/en/latest/article.mclaren-sign-long-term-deal-with-13-year-old-american-karting-ace-ugo.4GPYYgngquIlvcaD8Qi1s3.html

20 Likes

Re: Rising Karting Star, Ugo Ugochukwu Signs Long Term Agreement With McLaren by zoeA: 6:05pm On Mar 22, 2021
Let him thank God he was not here

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Rising Karting Star, Ugo Ugochukwu Signs Long Term Agreement With McLaren by Obalatule: 6:06pm On Mar 22, 2021
Ugo represents the future of formula 1

You should see this boy race

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rising Karting Star, Ugo Ugochukwu Signs Long Term Agreement With McLaren by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:07pm On Mar 22, 2021
Very good

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rising Karting Star, Ugo Ugochukwu Signs Long Term Agreement With McLaren by Moneywirer: 6:21pm On Mar 22, 2021
Another reason the youth should try as much as possible to leave this land and make their way to the western world. Not necessarily for yourself but for the sake of your kids.

100 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Rising Karting Star, Ugo Ugochukwu Signs Long Term Agreement With McLaren by GuyWise101(m): 6:25pm On Mar 22, 2021
STLTrust:
This one na white Igbo0000 he's American biko
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnn

His name is Ugo Ugochukwu, not english name, he is proud of his people.

90 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rising Karting Star, Ugo Ugochukwu Signs Long Term Agreement With McLaren by eastOFwest(m): 9:13pm On Mar 22, 2021
Nice one. Finallly
Re: Rising Karting Star, Ugo Ugochukwu Signs Long Term Agreement With McLaren by Lawsaite: 5:42am On Mar 23, 2021
Nice
Re: Rising Karting Star, Ugo Ugochukwu Signs Long Term Agreement With McLaren by BigSarah(f): 5:44am On Mar 23, 2021
Nice , More success Ugo.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rising Karting Star, Ugo Ugochukwu Signs Long Term Agreement With McLaren by jbreezy: 5:45am On Mar 23, 2021
In 3 days, Ugochukwu came in 3 different forms on nairaland..one was the cultist they beheaded (Tata), One was the policeman killed at the checkpoint in Abariba...and here is an awesome boy

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rising Karting Star, Ugo Ugochukwu Signs Long Term Agreement With McLaren by IME1: 5:45am On Mar 23, 2021
Good morning neighbours

Congrats Ugo

I'm very interested in formula 1 oh

Does anyone know any place racing is done in Nigeria... and of cause whether I fit race?

It's a dangerous sport but exhilarating wink
Re: Rising Karting Star, Ugo Ugochukwu Signs Long Term Agreement With McLaren by Gentlemanforyou: 5:45am On Mar 23, 2021
Very nice
Re: Rising Karting Star, Ugo Ugochukwu Signs Long Term Agreement With McLaren by Nobody: 5:46am On Mar 23, 2021
nice more win bro!

1 Like

Re: Rising Karting Star, Ugo Ugochukwu Signs Long Term Agreement With McLaren by Ubykcee(m): 5:49am On Mar 23, 2021
: Congratulations boy
Re: Rising Karting Star, Ugo Ugochukwu Signs Long Term Agreement With McLaren by Ogooluwa651: 5:50am On Mar 23, 2021
God gat your back boy

2 Likes

Re: Rising Karting Star, Ugo Ugochukwu Signs Long Term Agreement With McLaren by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:53am On Mar 23, 2021
From all of us @[b][/b] : All the very best for the future Ugo Ugo.

This is only the beginning of more exploits for you.
The Sky is your starting point.

Go and Excel.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rising Karting Star, Ugo Ugochukwu Signs Long Term Agreement With McLaren by streetsoldier1(m): 5:55am On Mar 23, 2021
GuyWise101:
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnn

WTO: Igbo.

ICC: Igbo.

Ugochukwu U: Igbo.

Me young millionaire at 24 with over 7m: Igbo.

etc: Igbo.

IGBO AMAKA.

The future is IGBO.

That is the problem with we igbo (chestbeating) Alot of yoruba guys dominate the ICT world, they are billionaires without noise

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rising Karting Star, Ugo Ugochukwu Signs Long Term Agreement With McLaren by Btruth: 5:55am On Mar 23, 2021
Whao!
Re: Rising Karting Star, Ugo Ugochukwu Signs Long Term Agreement With McLaren by Aninri: 5:57am On Mar 23, 2021
Goodluck to him and Me. May God guide him to more success

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Rising Karting Star, Ugo Ugochukwu Signs Long Term Agreement With McLaren by Tannhauser(m): 6:07am On Mar 23, 2021
Great going kid. Congratulations
Hope to see more of you in future, will be keeping an eye out especially as I am an F1 junkie.

And to all you numbskulls going tribal....That kid is no more Nigerian than Obama is Kenyan. Grow up!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rising Karting Star, Ugo Ugochukwu Signs Long Term Agreement With McLaren by Uchasa(m): 6:09am On Mar 23, 2021
streetsoldier1:

That is the problem with we igbo (chestbeating) Alot of yoruba guys dominate the ICT world, they are billionaires without noise

Why are you pained or are you new to this platform?
When a Yoruba achieves this type of feat, they celebrate it this way here on NL, I don't see anything wrong with that.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rising Karting Star, Ugo Ugochukwu Signs Long Term Agreement With McLaren by hollywater: 6:11am On Mar 23, 2021
Igbo Amaka. Ugo my brother you will excel.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rising Karting Star, Ugo Ugochukwu Signs Long Term Agreement With McLaren by weezysays(m): 6:15am On Mar 23, 2021
Repeat after me
IGBO AMAKA
UGO UGOCHUKWU AMAKA
BIAFRA AMAKA
MCLAREN AMAKA
Nigeria Ajoka

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rising Karting Star, Ugo Ugochukwu Signs Long Term Agreement With McLaren by IvarDboneless: 6:17am On Mar 23, 2021
My name sake
Re: Rising Karting Star, Ugo Ugochukwu Signs Long Term Agreement With McLaren by Ganjafama(m): 6:19am On Mar 23, 2021
You all shouting Igbo amaka, this and that should shut up. Anthony Joshua is Yoruba. Burna boy is Rivers. Dangote is hausa. Just celebrate the kid without bringing in tribalism.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach / Neymar Ruled Out Of World Cup With Fractured Vertebra / Musa, Iwobi, Oshoala, Ordega Nominated For 2018 CAF Awards.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.