Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,489 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

PH Refinery: We’re Doing Rehabilitation, Not Turnaround Maintenance – NNPC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PH Refinery: We’re Doing Rehabilitation, Not Turnaround Maintenance – NNPC (7571 Views)

Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance / NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance / What We’re Doing About Abacha’s $300m, By FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PH Refinery: We’re Doing Rehabilitation, Not Turnaround Maintenance – NNPC by Keemsleek005(m): 6:28am On Mar 23, 2021
Troublemaker007:
I notice a lot people saying they should sell it. I have never heard of Ghana selling her National assets not to mention a refinery to private investors like Nigeria government has done in the last 2 decades, Obasanjo first did it and till date we didn’t see one Naira from the money of the sold assets. A Refinery is no different from that of a car. It comprises of parts and so buying the right parts to replace the already damage ones is the right to thing do. If you change the parts of a damage car, you automatically turns that car into a new one! If the Refinery is beyond repair or the cost of repair is almost 50% of establishing a new one, why not take the refinery down! Sell the parts, add to the revenue gotten from the sales of the scrap parts and build a new one in the same place the old one was. The framework and structure of building a new one is already there so it will be easy to build a new one. These people know what they are doing! That refinery’s fault might not be as big as Nigerians think but will tag it big and beyond repair just because they want to sell it off! to some elites up North (Dangote and Co especially) if not those that have embezzled billions of Dollars and will still loot the money back to their pocket once the refinery is sold to them (That’s like taking it for free! Of course they will give out some few millions of dollars to their slave followers here in the south who does nothing other than selling their people’s birthright like they have been doing for so many year now). These people know Nigeria’s breakup is eminent and soon, so they need to have a strong hold in the South and West at all cost. You think say Dangote building a refinery in Lagos na mistake! It will take years for the West to Understand the mistake they have made, allowing Dangote to build and Own a refinery in the Heart of West. When Nigeria have finally disintegrated everybody eyes go clear! Especially South South!

If you quote me and insult me! I will report you!

I have nothing to say with all you wrote up there, but my problem is the fuse with these dangote in lagos, BUA will be building a mega refinery at Akwa ibom, he's an Hausa man, there are lot of modular refineries springing up in edo, delta, ph and they are own by igbo, yoruba etc, who are not indigene of were the refineries are situated. Let just look at the positive side of life no matter.

Anybody can buy the refinery, its about forming a consortium to buy it. Nobody is stopping the rich men from other tribes not to build refinery. It's all about choice. Air peace should be the largest Airline in nigeria is ownes by an igbo man located in lagos, best bank if am not wrong should be zenith by a south south man located in lagos, largest local drilling company is famfa by a yoruba person located in lagos.

Bua choose akwa ibom, waltersmith choose imo state, one day you become rich it's up to you to choose the best place for your business snd florish and beat every other competitors.
Bless u

2 Likes

Re: PH Refinery: We’re Doing Rehabilitation, Not Turnaround Maintenance – NNPC by Nobody: 6:29am On Mar 23, 2021
post=100125523:
Anything to move our Nation forward is what we are after.

Assuming the evil and looting party did something about this refinery in their 16 years of blind looting, we won't be talking about either Rehabilitation or Turnaround Maintenance by now.
Our country will not be where we are today if this party filled with criminals just built 2 refineries for us as a nation.

The party that even looted money earmarked for their National Headquarters.

And the most crazy thing is that their thieves online will never see any thing bad in the party they supporter with 16 years of their miserable lives couldn't build just one refinery.
Shameless lots that should cover their eyes in shame.
Watch the 2 time losers start quoting this post.
Hypocrites everywhere tongue

Are you aware that $25 billion has been spent on the refineries that hasn't refined one 1 drop of oil? This is not about Atiku or Pdp.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PH Refinery: We’re Doing Rehabilitation, Not Turnaround Maintenance – NNPC by seeker121(m): 6:30am On Mar 23, 2021
SMH your level of stupidity always baffle my imagination,how on earth will you believe APC even when obviously they lack the plan to move Nigeria forward.Truly education and sound intelligent reasoning are two different things,a clear case of MANNA.
Re: PH Refinery: We’re Doing Rehabilitation, Not Turnaround Maintenance – NNPC by TitanzStudio(m): 6:31am On Mar 23, 2021
great nation
Re: PH Refinery: We’re Doing Rehabilitation, Not Turnaround Maintenance – NNPC by Calmdude4: 6:35am On Mar 23, 2021
Okay,
Re: PH Refinery: We’re Doing Rehabilitation, Not Turnaround Maintenance – NNPC by Temptee101(m): 6:51am On Mar 23, 2021
What's the difference?

What kind of fools do we have in highly placed positions?
Re: PH Refinery: We’re Doing Rehabilitation, Not Turnaround Maintenance – NNPC by bayelsaowei(m): 6:56am On Mar 23, 2021
BlueSparks:
Sell it the way it is. The buyer would do the maintenance or rehabilitation. Thieves
they must repair that refinery by force o. They rather die than not rehabilitate it.. cheesy..you want make them no chop money?
Re: PH Refinery: We’re Doing Rehabilitation, Not Turnaround Maintenance – NNPC by samwillyco1(m): 6:56am On Mar 23, 2021
If I am to be the president after PMB 99.9% of these CRIMINALS ( past and present ) will die in prison.
Listen a RIVER does not Flow through the FOREST without bringing DOWN TREES.

N/B: These Looters have already mortgaged our future and now they want to mortgage the future of our unborn children

1 Like

Re: PH Refinery: We’re Doing Rehabilitation, Not Turnaround Maintenance – NNPC by elujah1(m): 7:00am On Mar 23, 2021
Oga elder, u think everyone is a kid, between you and I currently who reasons like a kid. Future kids indeed, when my kids are already seeing what's happening. Get small sense Mr man
post=100125599:

Kiddo, no be politics be this, listen when your elders are teaching you something about history.
So you can tell your future kids some history about their darling country Mr redemption.
Now, get ready to go to school this early morning Time keeper.

Truth is not bitter, it is people like you that are bitter to the truth.
And we will keep hitting your heads with undiluted truth.
Brace up kids
Re: PH Refinery: We’re Doing Rehabilitation, Not Turnaround Maintenance – NNPC by oyejideogunjumo: 7:00am On Mar 23, 2021
ogododo:

https://www.independent.ng/were-doing-rehabilitation-not-turnaround-maintenance-nnpc/
It may not make any difference.
Build new one from the scratch with all modern facilities.
Certain components you want to replace may not work with the old components remaining.

1 Like

Re: PH Refinery: We’re Doing Rehabilitation, Not Turnaround Maintenance – NNPC by unikprince(m): 7:26am On Mar 23, 2021
post=100125523:

Assuming the evil and looting party did something about this refinery in their 16 years of blind looting, we won't be talking about either Rehabilitation or Turnaround Maintenance by now.
Our country will not be where we are today if this party filled with criminals just built 2 refineries for us as a nation.

And the most crazy thing is that their thieves online will never see any thing bad in the party they supporter with 16 years of their miserable lives couldn't build just one refinery.
It's almost 8 years of your darling daddy, why couldn't he build even one refinery and let the next APC president build another? How long will u keep blaming the past while u do nothing to change the future?
Uncle I really wonder how you reason, but I pray God help u out.
Re: PH Refinery: We’re Doing Rehabilitation, Not Turnaround Maintenance – NNPC by BCISLTD: 7:27am On Mar 23, 2021
post=100125523:

16 years abi....its 6yrs already....very soon you will run out of excuses...
Re: PH Refinery: We’re Doing Rehabilitation, Not Turnaround Maintenance – NNPC by Creamz(m): 7:30am On Mar 23, 2021
Schematics! Turnaround and rehabilitation is just a mere use of different words! They shouldn't deceive Nigerians with mere words! We know where those moneys are going to!

1 Like

Re: PH Refinery: We’re Doing Rehabilitation, Not Turnaround Maintenance – NNPC by Housing(m): 7:51am On Mar 23, 2021
Sell it like that
Re: PH Refinery: We’re Doing Rehabilitation, Not Turnaround Maintenance – NNPC by Blackdisciple(m): 8:04am On Mar 23, 2021
Why not just a new one, it will be very very sad if only Dangote refines ooo because we are seeing what is happening concerning the cement he produces in Nigeria , if Dangote alone refines then we will buy fuel at the rate of 1000-3000 per litre and still raising.
Re: PH Refinery: We’re Doing Rehabilitation, Not Turnaround Maintenance – NNPC by vizboy(m): 8:09am On Mar 23, 2021
Use english confuse us.. We are your children
Re: PH Refinery: We’re Doing Rehabilitation, Not Turnaround Maintenance – NNPC by Onuoha1234(m): 8:11am On Mar 23, 2021
NNPC cannot be trusted¡ There is no difference between Turn Around and Rehabilitation
It is all English! What to do is simple
. Build a new unit.by the side of the old one and sell.it later or use it in any of several.ways possible.It is ENGINEERING simple!
Re: PH Refinery: We’re Doing Rehabilitation, Not Turnaround Maintenance – NNPC by sulaak(m): 8:19am On Mar 23, 2021
Troublemaker007:
I notice a lot people saying they should sell it. I have never heard of Ghana selling her National assets not to mention a refinery to private investors like Nigeria government has done in the last 2 decades, Obasanjo first did it and till date we didn’t see one Naira from the money of the sold assets. A Refinery is no different from that of a car. It comprises of parts and so buying the right parts to replace the already damage ones is the right to thing do. If you change the parts of a damage car, you automatically turns that car into a new one! If the Refinery is beyond repair or the cost of repair is almost 50% of establishing a new one, why not take the refinery down! Sell the parts, add to the revenue gotten from the sales of the scrap parts and build a new one in the same place the old one was. The framework and structure of building a new one is already there so it will be easy to build a new one. These people know what they are doing! That refinery’s fault might not be as big as Nigerians think but will tag it big and beyond repair just because they want to sell it off! to some elites up North (Dangote and Co especially) if not those that have embezzled billions of Dollars and will still loot the money back to their pocket once the refinery is sold to them (That’s like taking it for free! Of course they will give out some few millions of dollars to their slave followers here in the south who does nothing other than selling their people’s birthright like they have been doing for so many year now). These people know Nigeria’s breakup is eminent and soon, so they need to have a strong hold in the South and West at all cost. You think say Dangote building a refinery in Lagos na mistake! It will take years for the West to Understand the mistake they have made, allowing Dangote to build and Own a refinery in the Heart of West. When Nigeria have finally disintegrated everybody eyes go clear! Especially South South!

I agree with the statement that Nigeria breakup is imminent.
Re: PH Refinery: We’re Doing Rehabilitation, Not Turnaround Maintenance – NNPC by sulaak(m): 8:22am On Mar 23, 2021
There is not a single asset under majority control of the Nigeria government that is performing at a profit. NNPC has alway perform at a loss and Nigeria has lost confidence in a failed institution..

I will suggest that the government(NNPC) go into a partnership with an established organisation similar to the NLNG contract of NNPC 49% and 51% private ownership.

Or copy Norwegian model

Equinor is an organisation that is publicly listed, the oil company has to operate at an international standard to on the Norwegian and the NYE stock exchange with quarterly and annual reports any payment, profit and loss must be recorded

Equinor ASA (formerly Statoil and StatoilHydro) is a Norwegian state-owned multinational energy company headquartered in Stavanger. It is primarily a petroleum company, operating in 36 countries with additional investments in renewable energy.

The current company was formed by the 2007 merger of Statoil with the oil and gas division of Norsk Hydro.[5] As of 2017, the Government of [b]Norway is the largest shareholder with 67% of the shares, while the rest is public stock. [/b]The ownership interest is managed by the Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy.[6] The company is headquartered and led from Stavanger, while most of their international operations are currently led from Fornebu, outside Oslo.

1 Like

Re: PH Refinery: We’re Doing Rehabilitation, Not Turnaround Maintenance – NNPC by toprealman: 8:26am On Mar 23, 2021
BlueSparks:
Sell it the way it is. The buyer would do the maintenance or rehabilitation. Thieves
They are the ones buying it hence the need to put it in good shape first.
Re: PH Refinery: We’re Doing Rehabilitation, Not Turnaround Maintenance – NNPC by cardoctor(m): 8:30am On Mar 23, 2021
Whichever ways na chopping money.
Re: PH Refinery: We’re Doing Rehabilitation, Not Turnaround Maintenance – NNPC by BlueSparks: 8:33am On Mar 23, 2021
toprealman:

They are the ones buying it hence the need to put it in good shape first.

Hahahahahahahahaha grin
Re: PH Refinery: We’re Doing Rehabilitation, Not Turnaround Maintenance – NNPC by toprealman: 8:37am On Mar 23, 2021
BlueSparks:

Hahahahahahahahaha grin
These guys should pray let someone like me not get to power. I will shock them.
Re: PH Refinery: We’re Doing Rehabilitation, Not Turnaround Maintenance – NNPC by Baselm: 8:44am On Mar 23, 2021
sam564:
soooooo between rehabilitation and turn around maintenance wich is more expensive? why una want use english confuse us nah

Rehabilitation is more expensive, it is just like renovating a house, you break down some parts and rebuild and at the end of the day, you have almost a brand new house. Or changing the engine of your car and doing a physical upgrade to the car

TAM on the other hand is just like fixing leaking pipes, replacing burnt bulbs etc or servicing your car or generator.

1 Like

Re: PH Refinery: We’re Doing Rehabilitation, Not Turnaround Maintenance – NNPC by sam564: 8:48am On Mar 23, 2021
Baselm:

Rehabilitation is more expensive, it is just like renovating a house, you break down some parts and rebuild and at the end of the day, you have almost a brand new house. Or changing the engine of your car and doing a physical upgrade to the car

TAM on the other hand is just like fixing leaking pipes, replacing burnt bulbs etc or servicing your car or generator.
thanks for the insight....... i permit dem to go ahead den... lol
Re: PH Refinery: We’re Doing Rehabilitation, Not Turnaround Maintenance – NNPC by Baselm: 8:52am On Mar 23, 2021
Troublemaker007:

Building a refinery up North is neither close to the raw material nor close to the market. The main market is in the south and even if exported the ports are in the south. The crude oil is also in the south, so Dangote, BUA, would normally want to build a refinery in the south.

That being said, I tend to agree on your submission that the refineries should be rehabilitated and not sold as scrap. A lot of Nigerians just follow what their influencers say on Twitter without any critical analysis.
Re: PH Refinery: We’re Doing Rehabilitation, Not Turnaround Maintenance – NNPC by vineyardfarms: 9:03am On Mar 23, 2021
ogododo:

https://www.independent.ng/were-doing-rehabilitation-not-turnaround-maintenance-nnpc/

@ mele kiyari- gmd -nnpc: rehabilitation -refinery with woopen $1.5b speaks volume about who appointed you to such position. A working refinery with high volume capacity with high turnarround sold for $1.2b by shell company. You need to re examin the functionality of your decision making brain. How much will the refinery sold for?? After spending $1.5b How much will you pay for it?

1 Like

Re: PH Refinery: We’re Doing Rehabilitation, Not Turnaround Maintenance – NNPC by T4kbaba(m): 9:08am On Mar 23, 2021
Racoon:

https://m.punchng.com/Business/FG-refineries-earn-N21bn-lose-N778bn-in-five-years

Just imagine! Crooked criminals that want to loot again.Privatize these moribund refineries and let whosoever acquires them see to it.

Even if they privatize it, they will share the proceeds among themselves. Just that I don't trust those guys, if the refinery can actually work at optimal capacity after revamping, it will make a lot of sense for the nation.
Re: PH Refinery: We’re Doing Rehabilitation, Not Turnaround Maintenance – NNPC by kenex4ever(m): 9:20am On Mar 23, 2021
sam564:
soooooo between rehabilitation and turn around maintenance wich is more expensive? why una want use english confuse us nah
They have been doing turn around maintenance for years now and it's not working

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ICPC: 257 Projects Worth N20bn Duplicated In 2021 Budget / PDP Takes Rally To Kafin Hausa LGA, Jigawa State (Video) / Massob Vows To Retaliate Killing Of Igbos! Wop Wop! Ghen Ghen!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.