Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,750 members, 7,813,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices (13371 Views)

APC Writes INEC, Postpones Congresses Indefinitely / Aba South/North Bye-Election: INEC Declares PDP's Ebisieke Winner / Edo primary: APC writes IGP, PTF to seek clearance for Uzodinma, others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by garfield1: 10:24pm On Mar 23, 2021
fergie001:

That was what I was trying to make you understand.
The SC has severally sanctioned judges in pre-election cases. One of the reasons, Bulkachuwa was made PCA, instead of Dalhatu.

The SC will constitute another one before this week ends, trust on that.

The SC MUST sit. They will only hear the APPEAL once. That's why the CJN will use someone who is a bit familiar with the Imo case.

Bayelsa and Seriake are on the table.

Augie is the only person, I can put my head for.

Let us wait and see....are you saying dalhatu was senior to bulkachuwa? Has the fhc constituted a panel for Dickson?
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by fergie001: 10:25pm On Mar 23, 2021
garfield1:

It depends on the cjn.let's assume that ibezim appealed on the 12.they are now seating after one and a half month.fill in the blanks
This is the SC.

They most times depend on your written addresses. That panel will be constituted between today and Friday, per se.

They can't listen to the lawyers more than twice.

That's why they need people who are somewhat familiar with this case.

The SC must give a judgement. Inyang Ekwo OR Augie.
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by garfield1: 10:28pm On Mar 23, 2021
fergie001:

Sunday starts a week.
28 is next week.

Give or take, a judgement will arrive between 6-12 @ the most.

Abeg make we count from Monday to avoid confusion.
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by fergie001: 10:28pm On Mar 23, 2021
garfield1:

Let us wait and see....are you saying dalhatu was senior to bulkachuwa? Has the fhc constituted a panel for Dickson?
The late Dalhatu was senior to Zainab. He was second to Ayo Salami.

But he bungled a case by not ruling on it until the time elapsed with rumours strong that he collected some money for it.

Jonathan wanted to push him but it was reported Aloma Mukhtar refused; he was placed on acting 3x, until he was pressured to resign for Bulkachuwa.

I am not aware, they must....otherwise the NJC will come hard on them.
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by garfield1: 10:28pm On Mar 23, 2021
fergie001:

This is the SC.

They most times depend on your written addresses. That panel will be constituted between today and Friday, per se.

I'll remind you on Monday if a panel has been reconstituted
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by fergie001: 10:30pm On Mar 23, 2021
garfield1:
I'll remind you on Monday if a panel has been reconstituted
They have no choice.

The celebrated case of Ohakim v Okorocha was one of those. These are pre-election cases that have a finite period, they don't have a choice.
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by fergie001: 10:31pm On Mar 23, 2021
garfield1:

Abeg make we count from Monday to avoid confusion.
grin cheesy
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by garfield1: 10:34pm On Mar 23, 2021
fergie001:

The late Dalhatu was senior to Zainab. He was second to Ayo Salami.

But he bungled a case by not ruling on it until the time elapsed with rumours strong that he collected some money for it.

Jonathan wanted to push him but it was reported Aloma Mukhtar refused; he was placed on acting 3x, until he was pressured to resign for Bulkachuwa.

I am not aware, they must....otherwise the NJC will come hard on them.

Jonathan weak oh.how can he want something and aloma stop him? Which case did he delay
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by garfield1: 10:35pm On Mar 23, 2021
fergie001:

They have no choice.

The celebrated case of Ohakim v Okorocha was one of those. These are pre-election cases that have a finite period, they don't have a choice.

They can decide to punish apc by going petty,that is not reconstituting
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by garfield1: 10:36pm On Mar 23, 2021
fergie001:

This is the SC.

They have not yet listened to the lawyers na.dont forget,they are overburdened with too many cases even electoral cases...kudirat is familiar with apc
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by fergie001: 10:39pm On Mar 23, 2021
garfield1:
Jonathan weak oh.how can he want something and aloma stop him? Which case did he delay
cheesy grin
Aloma Mukhtar took him personal by writing to GEJ that he was incompetent. Infact, if Adamu had sailed through in the NJC, sources say Mukhtar was ready to pick a SC judge as PCA.

You know hierarchy-wise, the PCA is equivalent to a SC judge excepting the CJN and Deputy Chairman of NJC (that is Odili, for now)

I can't remember the case, but Adamu was in the North at the time.
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by fergie001: 10:45pm On Mar 23, 2021
garfield1:

They have not yet listened to the lawyers na.dont forget,they are overburdened with too many cases even electoral cases...kudirat is familiar with APC
Yes....but pre-election cases must take utmost priority.

Onnoghen and Ekwo stressed this many times.

If you remember, the Appeal Court case in Ibadan....there was no time, infact there was confusion but they just made a judgement because of time.

So, the SC must say something. Even if it means upholding totally the appeal Court judgement or outrightly nullifying it.

They must sit and they must make a pronouncement. They don't have a choice.

With the time this close, some of them might not even want to handle it, but someone must handle it.

Kekere-Ekun is familiar with a party and not with the case. APC is only shivering now because there was no dissent. It becomes very difficult, because with the time and everything...a SC judge might just regurgitate the Appeal Court Judgement, unless the APC already has someone with a ready-made judgement. grin

The person they will pick to handle it is likely going to still be in that panel...I don't know the other two persons.
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by garfield1: 10:49pm On Mar 23, 2021
fergie001:

cheesy grin
Aloma Mukhtar took him personal by writing to GEJ that he was incompetent. Infact, if Adamu had sailed through in the NJC, sources say Mukhtar was ready to pick a SC judge as PCA.

You know hierarchy-wise, the PCA is equivalent to a SC judge excepting the CJN and Deputy Chairman of NJC (that is second-in-command)

I can't remember the case, but Adamu was in the North at the time.

Buhari could have given Monica pca same treatment oh...
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by fergie001: 10:50pm On Mar 23, 2021
garfield1:

Buhari could have given Monica pca same treatment oh...
That was why people started crying out and mounting pressure.... grin grin grin

Yea, so Garba had to go up...that is almost the tradition.

Augie was the next after Bulkachuwa but she had to go up.
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by garfield1: 10:56pm On Mar 23, 2021
fergie001:

Yes....but pre-election cases must take utmost priority.

Onnoghen and Ekwo stressed this many times.

If you remember, the Appeal Court case in Ibadan....there was no time, infact there was confusion but they just made a judgement because of time.

So, the SC must say something. Even if it means upholding totally the appeal Court jusgement or outrightly nullifying it.

They must sit and they must make a pronouncement. They don't have a choice.

With the time this close, some of them might not even want to handle it, but someone must handle it.

Kekere-Ekun is familiar with a party and not with the case. APC is only shivering now because there was no dissent. It becomes very difficult, because with the time and everything...a SC judge might just regurgitate the Appeal Court Judgement, unless the APC already has someone with a ready-made judgement. grin

The person they will pick to handle it is likely going to still be in that panel...I don't know the other two persons.

What do you mean by familiar with the party and not case? See,all this laws no mean anything,the apc hierarchy is determined to retain okigwe.it seems buhari has to come out and talk before you believe me.I dun tire
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by garfield1: 10:59pm On Mar 23, 2021
fergie001:

That was why people started crying out and mounting pressure.... grin grin grin

Yea, so Garba had to go up...that is almost the tradition.

Augie was the next after Bulkachuwa but she had to go up.

Why did she have to go up? I believe an underground compromise was reached for her sake
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by fergie001: 11:02pm On Mar 23, 2021
garfield1:
What do you mean by familiar with the party and not case? See,all this laws no mean anything,the apc hierarchy is determined to retain okigwe.it seems buhari has to come out and talk before you believe me.I dun tire
grin grin grin

Who even says Ibezim won't win the case? Just that the two lower Courts have made it difficult.

Leave Buhari out of it o, he has always shown to stand aloof when two eggheads intend to kill themselves. Ask Yari and Marafa.

The direction of how it will go will be much clearer when the CJN constitutes the panel.
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by fergie001: 11:04pm On Mar 23, 2021
garfield1:

Why did she have to go up? I believe an underground compromise was reached for her sake
Yea....it is always a compromise between both.
Same as Monica and Garba.

This is because, most times, it is the PCA that submits the name(s) of those who will go up.
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by garfield1: 11:15pm On Mar 23, 2021
fergie001:

grin grin grin

Who even says Ibezim won't win the case? Just that the two lower Courts have made it difficult.

Leave Buhari out of it o, he has always shown to stand aloof when two eggheads intend to kill themselves. Ask Yari and Marafa.

The direction of how it will go will be much clearer when the CJN constitutes the panel.

My brother,ibezim will lose that case.buhari pretends to stand aloof but uses his lieutenants to show his hand.buni will not write a petition against apex court without buhari's nod.zamfara is a state apc could afford to lose strategically,they cannot afford to lose ground in imo.think about it.it goes beyond the law.
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by fergie001: 11:33pm On Mar 23, 2021
garfield1:

My brother,ibezim will lose that case.buhari pretends to stand aloof but uses his lieutenants to show his hand.buni will not write a petition against apex court without buhari's nod.zamfara is a state apc could afford to lose strategically,they cannot afford to lose ground in imo.think about it.it goes beyond the law.
For Ibezim, I just didn't want to say it.

What will Buhari do when Ibezim loses? Stop INEC?
grin cheesy cheesy

Imo APC are on their own.
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by Emyzoloye5(m): 11:38pm On Mar 23, 2021
garfield1:

Theres no time.it will elapse next week and the cjn won't reconstitute another panel before then

supreme court spokesman!!!

1 Like

Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by garfield1: 11:42pm On Mar 23, 2021
fergie001:

For Ibezim, I just didn't want to say it.

What will Buhari do when Ibezim loses? Stop INEC?
grin cheesy cheesy

Imo APC are on their own.

Buni petition has shown that they are not on their own oh....let's see how it goes.
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by garfield1: 11:44pm On Mar 23, 2021
Emyzoloye5:

supreme court spokesman!!!

Na just permutations
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by fergie001: 11:48pm On Mar 23, 2021
garfield1:

Buni petition has shown that they are not on their own oh....let's see how it goes.
No P
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by kahal29: 5:17am On Mar 24, 2021

Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by ejimatic: 6:23am On Mar 24, 2021
247Dior:
No you didn't understand the game here, they couldn't sort this guys so they have to push them aside so that people that will do the job for them will come onboard
. This also is a great possibility in view of corruption in judiciary and what retrd justice Vivour Rhode said that most decisions made by the Supreme ccourt are meaningless and abberrant.
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by fergie001: 7:56am On Mar 24, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Buhari In Adamawa, Solicits Support For Tinubu, Binani / Fashola Inspects Power Substation In Molai, Maiduguri, Visit Shehu Of Borno(pics / Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.