Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,705 members, 7,813,335 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices (13369 Views)

APC Writes INEC, Postpones Congresses Indefinitely / Aba South/North Bye-Election: INEC Declares PDP's Ebisieke Winner / Edo primary: APC writes IGP, PTF to seek clearance for Uzodinma, others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by noeloge82(m): 5:40pm On Mar 23, 2021

Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by garfield1: 5:44pm On Mar 23, 2021
fergie001:

Noooo....left

Obviously, to kill any chance of Ibezim (and/or Hope) getting in there.

That will be the only logical reason.

I told you before that apc will not allow pdp to get imo.buni is too connected to make a careless allegation except apc is planning something which is to make sure time elapse before the apex court rules.that means the high court judgment procured by araraume subsists
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by fergie001: 5:50pm On Mar 23, 2021
garfield1:
I told you before that apc will not allow pdp to get imo.buni is too connected to make a careless allegation except apc is planning something which is to make sure time elapse before the apex court rules.that means the high court judgment procured by araraume subsists
You are very very wrong.

If the time elapses...The Appeal Court Judgement will stand.

Now tell me, which is the higher Court.

Leave this case, it's gone.

Ararume is wasting his time....he did this against Rochas and we all knew how it ended. He didn't come second, he should go take a seat.

Election has taken place....it has now become post-election, he is wasting his time.

Okewulonu or Ibezim...that's it.
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by Emyzoloye5(m): 5:55pm On Mar 23, 2021
fergie001:

You are very very wrong.

the time won't elapse cus the CJN will set up another panel of judges to hear that appeal
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by fergie001: 5:56pm On Mar 23, 2021
Emyzoloye5:

the time won't elapse cus the CJN will set up another panel of judges to hear that appeals
Simple..They just incurred the wrath of the Supreme Court.

Even their lawyers know what's coming.
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by Emyzoloye5(m): 6:04pm On Mar 23, 2021
ejimatic:
. In a case of Buhari vrs Atiku 2019 at the PEPT the woman assigned to handle the case stepped down because she was alleged by PDP to have a relation who has connection with APC.While a case like this is shocking the alleged judges should step aside for fair hearing so all the concerned parties will be happy at the end of the day...The truth is the corruption in the country has affected judiciary too.Until our system is sanistised we will keep suspecting one another every day.

she wasn't assigned infact it's her constitutional right as PCA to set up presidential election tribunal members and preside over the panel
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by Emyzoloye5(m): 6:08pm On Mar 23, 2021
fergie001:

but the case is between Apc and Apc nah
don't know why mala buni is writing petition to the NJC
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by ejimatic: 6:18pm On Mar 23, 2021
Emyzoloye5:

she wasn't assigned infact it's her constitutional right as PCA to set up presidential election tribunal members and preside over the panel
. Yet she accepted the wish of PDP for fair hearing...
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by fergie001: 6:32pm On Mar 23, 2021
Emyzoloye5:
but the case is between Apc and Apc nah

don't know why mala buni is writing petition to the NJC
If Ibezim loses in Court, that means APC has no candidate and Okewulonu of PDP becomes Senator.

Just like in Bayelsa.
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by muykem: 6:33pm On Mar 23, 2021
Politician and unsubstantiated allegations are like bread and butter but I can't trust supreme court judges anymore since the day Wike openly commend Mary Odili for his victory in supreme Court.
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by fergie001: 6:33pm On Mar 23, 2021
ejimatic:
Can Mary Odili chair a panel that involves the case of Peter Odili?

Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by baseb: 6:40pm On Mar 23, 2021
I do not know anything about Imo North Bye-Election and the justices accused. But some of them are bad and their hands are 'terribly' dirty.
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by ejimatic: 6:44pm On Mar 23, 2021
fergie001:

Can Mary Odili chair a panel that involves the case of Peter Odili?

. Nobody will accept that in law.That is why PDP disagreed with the composition of the panel My opinion is if there is any reservation about a panel for any reason ,it should be reconstituted for fair hearing.it does not mean the reservation is genuine .
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by fergie001: 6:45pm On Mar 23, 2021
ejimatic:
. Nobody will accept that in law.That is PDP disagree with the composition of the panel My opinion if there is any reservation about a panel for any reason ,it should be reconstituted for fair hearing.it does not mean the reservation is genuine.
That is what is happening.

Unlike dansuqi's Okon Abang who will go on and do as he likes. grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by Emyzoloye5(m): 7:07pm On Mar 23, 2021
fergie001:

If Ibezim loses in Court, that means APC has no candidate and Okewulonu of PDP becomes Senator.

Just like in Bayelsa.

hmmm....no wahala nah
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by Emyzoloye5(m): 7:13pm On Mar 23, 2021
ejimatic:

yeah ....same way justice mary odili excused herself from the case of wike vs peterside (2015) for fair hearing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by ejimatic: 8:12pm On Mar 23, 2021
Emyzoloye5:

yeah ....same way justice mary odili excused herself from the case of wike vs peterside (2015) for fair hearing
. Exactly sir
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by garfield1: 9:13pm On Mar 23, 2021
fergie001:

You are very very wrong.

Ararume is wasting his time....he did this against Rochas and we all knew how it ended. He didn't come.awckns, he should go take a seat.

Election has taken place....it has now become post-election, he is wasting his time.

Okewulonu or Ibezim...that's it.

You are still not getting it.you need to watch the body language of inec and apc.inec will not issue anything to pdp based on this appeal court judgment,I can bet my last kobo on this.don't forget that the two lower judgments only disq ibezim and stopped there.the worst thing that will happen is that imo north seat will remain vacant....but pdp will not claim that seat.infact,this is a plan by APC.just look at the timing,araraume gets a fhc judgment while apc petitions the apex court to delay judgment.dont be surprised if inec is involved...
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by garfield1: 9:17pm On Mar 23, 2021
Emyzoloye5:

the time won't elapse cus the CJN will set up another panel of judges to hear that appeal

Theres no time.it will elapse next week and the cjn won't reconstitute another panel before then
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by garfield1: 9:22pm On Mar 23, 2021
fergie001:

No vex but you are beginning to misyarn.it is a normal thing,pdp has been doing this steadily.mai mala buni is not a careless and rash fellow like oshiomhole.he will not make such accusations without prove na,you self.unless it is a plan and if it is,buhari and probably tanko are involved.am surprised you are saying this self.
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by fergie001: 9:43pm On Mar 23, 2021
garfield1:

garfield1:

Theres no time.it will elapse next week and the cjn won't reconstitute another panel before then
It depends on when they appealed.

The judgement though was 5/2/21.

If a SC will grant accelerated hearing for a High Court, let alone the SC itself..... A panel will be constituted and I am 101% sure of that.
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by 247Dior(m): 9:47pm On Mar 23, 2021
fergie001:
Imo North is gone grin

If Justices Ogunwumiju and Aboki can be accused by APC... Judges who just came in some weeks ago...I think APC has settled to eventually lose the case.

....kahal29, ejimatic dansuqi garfield1 agbegbaraoye, AAA593
No you didn't understand the game here, they couldn't sort this guys so they have to push them aside so that people that will do the job for them will come onboard
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by fergie001: 9:48pm On Mar 23, 2021
247Dior:
No you didn't understand the game here, they couldn't sort this guys so they have to push them aside so that people that will do the job for them will come onboard
Another angul grin grin grin

That might be it ooooo grin grin
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by garfield1: 10:06pm On Mar 23, 2021
fergie001:

Leave body language jareh.....
Everybody is waiting...if it is a North-Western State where PDP cannot show strength, it is different.

Who is telling you that Imo North seat will be vacant? Abeg stop dis..

If the Supreme Court will rule against Ibezim, it will give the same judgement against Lyon. The same Inyang Ekwo read that same judgement and I remember you argued very well here that Ekwo didn't give a consequential order. What happened at the end?

Many APC guys also argued that Odili didn't give a consequential order..who is Governor of Bayelsa State today?

The Supreme Court will reconstitute a panel of five and will most definitely rule on it before its expiration; You and I know that.

Let me sing it again....Unless Ibezim wins, if the Supreme Court agrees with the lower Court...FORGET IT.

See, you are looking for help in this case but that time is past.
The time was before the elections but none agreed to step down.

You have been banking on this Buhari Buhari matter.....Is that progressive? It will still lead to no where.

Is that not the reason some of our Justices are having the problems they face now?

Let me tell you again, APC's best bet is to stand by Ibezim.

I believe we should leave it for now....the case will be decided next month.

Oga,the case will elapse next week Sunday.if you follow the pace of the supreme court,time will elapse by the time they are.buni has done his calculation,he knows what he is doing.I don't know how to convince you but this thing is beyond law....apc themselves have calculated that the best bet is araraume not ibezim.araraume was always the best candidate...

The key is to stop the supreme court from ruling and that has almost been achieved.if the petition was from araraume or ibezim,we could have ignored it but it coming from buni should not be taken lightly.
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by fergie001: 10:08pm On Mar 23, 2021
garfield1:

Oga,the case will elapse next week Sunday.if you follow the pace of the supreme court,time will elapse by the time they are.buni has done his calculation,he knows what he is doing.I don't know how to convince you but this thing is beyond law....apc themselves have calculated that the best bet is araraume not ibezim.araraume was always the best candidate...

The key is to stop the supreme court from ruling and that has almost been achieved.if the petition was from araraume or ibezim,we could have ignored it but it coming from buni should not be taken lightly.
How can it elapse next week Sunday?
Next week Sunday is 28/3/21.

The appeal Court judgement was 5/2/21, and as at 7/2...they hadn't appealed, can you make me understand?
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by garfield1: 10:09pm On Mar 23, 2021
fergie001:

Another angul grin grin grin

That might be it ooooo grin grin

He could also be right....remember that I've always praised ogunwumiju for being incorruptible....apc does not want to lose imo
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by garfield1: 10:12pm On Mar 23, 2021
fergie001:

If a SC will grant accelerated hearing for a High Court, let alone the SC itself..... A panel will be constituted and I am 101% sure of that.

Yes,ibezim had one week to appeal so let's add one more week to it....

They will surely constitute a panel..it will take time.the question is when will they sit? Things are not done so fast as you think in the apex court
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by fergie001: 10:13pm On Mar 23, 2021
garfield1:

He could also be right....remember that I've always praised ogunwumiju for being incorruptible....apc does not want to lose imo
It will depend on who will CHAIR this one.
The CJN might use Augie, they need someone familiar with Imo.
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by garfield1: 10:14pm On Mar 23, 2021
fergie001:

How can it elapse next week Sunday?
Next week Sunday is 28/3/21.

The appeal Court judgement was 5/2/21, and as at 7/2...they hadn't appealed, can you make me understand?

Funny you.this week Sunday is 28.next week Sunday is 4/4
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by fergie001: 10:15pm On Mar 23, 2021
garfield1:

Yes,ibezim had one week to appeal so let's add one more week to it....

They will surely constitute a panel..it will take time.the question is when will they sit? Things are not done so fast as you think in the apex court
That was what I was trying to make you understand.
The SC has severally sanctioned judges in pre-election cases. One of the reasons, Bulkachuwa was made PCA, instead of Dalhatu.

The SC will constitute another one before this week ends, trust on that.

The SC MUST sit. They will only hear the APPEAL once. That's why the CJN will use someone who is a bit familiar with the Imo case.

Bayelsa and Seriake are on the table.

Augie is the only person, I can put my head for.
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by fergie001: 10:16pm On Mar 23, 2021
garfield1:

Funny you.this week Sunday is 28.next week Sunday is 4/4
Sunday starts a week.
28 is next week.

Give or take, a judgement will arrive between 6-12 @ the most.
Re: Imo North Bye-Election: APC Writes Petition Against 3 Supreme Court Justices by garfield1: 10:21pm On Mar 23, 2021
fergie001:

It will depend on who will CHAIR this one.
The CJN might use Augie, they need someone familiar with Imo.

It depends on the cjn.let's assume that ibezim appealed on the 12.they are now seating after one and a half month.fill in the blanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

State Of Emergency May Be Declared In Borno, Yobe, Others / 2019: Southern PDP Chieftains Float New Group / Akpabio: NDDC Is Broke, We Need More Funds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.