Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,967 members, 7,956,624 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:41 PM

I thought the oil is in the South - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I thought the oil is in the South (245 Views)

Labaran Maku: We Thought The Obidient Movement Was A Joke / Aliko Dangote & Zainab Ahmed Visit The Oil Refinery In Lagos / Farouk Adamu: "The Oil Belongs To Jigawa, We'll Use Our Blood To Protect It" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I thought the oil is in the South by Zetra7: 6:07pm On Mar 23, 2021
Don't understand what's happening in this country, the strategic dominance of the Northern elite is really nerve wrecking..

Despite having the oil, the northern cacus remains the biggest stakeholders and hold the most valuable marginal fields since the discovery of oil..

Now we are witnessing multi billion dollar refineries springing up owned by the North, Dangote is about to finish the biggest of them all, BUA will be starting soon even smaller ones with potential like watersmith refinery is owned by the North..

These refineries are for the good of the nation but I expect southerners to also have huge stake in huge business projects like these especially as the oil is in the South.

Huge projects like this have political implications as most of them are backed by international investors who will stand behind the North in deciding the future of this nation.

As it stands in Nigeria today, we are in quagmire and there is need for discussion and implementation of the much needed restructuring, advantages like these are why the north will never want to restructure the nation.
Re: I thought the oil is in the South by xxxXXXxxx: 6:21pm On Mar 23, 2021
O.P you have got a really thoughtful opinion here.
Re: I thought the oil is in the South by sylve11: 6:25pm On Mar 23, 2021
No lies @ op. Your brain is still intact. cool

(1) (Reply)

Public Letter To Unknown Gunmen / Man Stakes N200k, Seeks To Know Igbo Senator Who Has Exceeded Kalu's Performance / Regional Integration, Interconnectivity: Ibom Air To Commence Uyo-gambia Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.