Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,991 members, 7,821,456 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Anambra 2021: Ozigbo Picks PDP Guber Nomination Form, Vows To Deliver Good Gover - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra 2021: Ozigbo Picks PDP Guber Nomination Form, Vows To Deliver Good Gover (537 Views)

David Lyon Buys Bayelsa APC Guber Nomination Form / Mama Taraba Picks UDP Guber Nomination Form After Dumping APC (photo) / Seyi Makinde Obtains PDP Guber Nomination Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra 2021: Ozigbo Picks PDP Guber Nomination Form, Vows To Deliver Good Gover by okeychris(m): 9:04pm On Mar 23, 2021
By Okey C

Valentine Ozigbo, a leading aspirant in the 2021 Anambra governorship election, has taken a notable step towards Agu Awka after purchasing the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) expression and nomination of interest forms.

Ozigbo, in the company of several members of his campaign team and numerous supporters stormed the PDP National Secretariat, Wadata Plaza, Wuse Zone 5 Abuja on Monday, March 22, 2021 to pick the forms to contest for the party’s primaries.

In his remarks, the respected business leader expressed his commitment to the pursuit of excellence in all his endeavours.

“I feel like the election is already here. Looking at the people here with me today and the support they have shown since I expressed interest to join this race, I am confident that we are on the right path,” an enthusiastic Ozigbo remarked.

“I am grateful to God for keeping us alive to see this remarkable day.

"I want to express my gratitude to my fellow party members, my ever hardworking team members, and most especially, Ndi Anambra for standing by me from the very beginning.

"Picking the form is one of the steps in our pursuit of excellence, the biggest is still ahead and for that, I will continue to solicit for your support and prayers," Ozigbo declared.

The respected business leader, while speaking to journalists after picking his forms assured that he would run a government wholly committed to delivering excellent governance to the people of Anambra.

“I’m looking forward to the challenge ahead. It’s a new dawn for Anambra State. I’m filled with a renewed hope and excitement," Ozigbo told members of the PDP press corp.

“We are bringing fresh ideas that put the core needs of the people on the front burner while creating policies the will benefit generations to come.

"It is time we stop playing small by talking about good governance, I am in this race to provide excellence in governance to my people," he declared.

Ozigbo was accompanied to the occasion by his wife, Mrs Ojiugo Ozigbo and several directors of his campaign team, including Honourable Tim Egboka, a former member of the Anambra State House of Assembly; Hon. Barr. Valentine Ayika, a former member of both the Anambra State House of Assembly and the Federal House of Representatives; Rt. Hon. Eucharia Azodo, a former Speaker of the Anambra State House of Assembly; and a two-time member of the Federal House of Representatives.

Others are Chief Tony Offiah, a prominent stakeholder in Anambra PDP; Chief Ejike Oguebego, a former Chairman of the PDP in Anambra State; Honourable Ejike Nwene; Lady Juliet Anaeme; Dr. Chudi Akude.

Members of the civil society community represented by Comrade Kennedy Iyare. Nigerians in the Diaspora were represented by Mazi Godson Azu.

A number of House of Assembly Candidates that represented PDP in the last elections accompanied Valentine, including Hon Emeka Nwokedi, Hon Charles Okoye, Hon Divine Onyekachi, Hon Prestige Okafor, Hon Barr Fred Nzeako and Hon Moses Anene.

Valentine Ozigbo is the immediate past President and Group CEO of Transcorp Plc, a diversified conglomerate with interests in hospitality, power, oil and gas, and agribusiness.

He is the Chairman of Feet ‘N’ Tricks International, the largest promoters of freestyle football in Africa, and organizers of the Nigerian Freestyle Football Championship and the African Freestyle Football Championship.

One of a few global kaizen champions, he is the founder of the Valentine Chineto Ozigbo (VCO) Foundation, one of Nigeria’s leading charity organizations, focusing on youth, women empowerment, business and leadership mentoring, and talent development.

Re: Anambra 2021: Ozigbo Picks PDP Guber Nomination Form, Vows To Deliver Good Gover by Jones4190(m): 7:15am On Mar 24, 2021
he will come second like secundu
Re: Anambra 2021: Ozigbo Picks PDP Guber Nomination Form, Vows To Deliver Good Gover by Divine202: 7:21am On Mar 24, 2021
Hnnm
It is a season of Lobby.
I perceive somuch money flying around right now in the party right now
Re: Anambra 2021: Ozigbo Picks PDP Guber Nomination Form, Vows To Deliver Good Gover by Penguin2: 8:13am On Mar 24, 2021
Make them just leave Anambra for Soludo.

Party politics aside, Soludo is the Solution!

(1) (Reply)

Stop Lying To The Public-IPOB Refutes Report Nigerian Army, Police Killed 16 ESN / Set Of Confusion People.... Check Reasons Why People Shouldn't Trust Ebubeagu / African American Blasts Imperialists - Calls For Africa / Nigeria Revolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.