Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,753 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) (46674 Views)

Finally, Obaseki demolishes Kabaka’s hotel / Photos Of Oshiomhole And Obaseki At Their Peace Meeting / Caption This Photo Of Oshiomhole And Kwankwaso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) by dre11(m): 10:10pm On Mar 23, 2021
By Jethro Ibileke/Benin

Obaseki bulldozes Odubu’s home in Benin

Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo state Tuesday evening demolished buildings belonging to three close allies of his predecessor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole.

The victims include former Deputy Governor, Dr. Pius Odubu, a member of the House of Representatives Prof. Julius Ihonvbere and Mr. Mike Etemuagbon.

Ihonvbere also served as secretary to the state government in the second term of Oshiomhole.

Odubu’s property, located at Dennis Osadebe Avenue, GRA, in Benin, was occupied by his younger brother and his family at the time it was demolished.

Obaseki also destroyed Ihonvbere’s home in Benin

Ihonvbere’s property (under construction), is located along Edo Osagie street, GRA, Benin.

Odubu described the development as unfortunate, adding that the matter was already before the court.

He said he had read on pages of Nigerian Observer newspaper in January, this year, that his Certificate of Occupancy (C of O), to the property, had been revoked.

“The information came to me this afternoon, March 23, that my property situated at Dennis Osadebe avenue has been brought down by agents of the government on the directive of the governor.

“Before now, my attention was brought to a publication in the Observer newspaper in January, that the C of O of my property has been revoked without prior notice given to me.

“I went to court in the matter and I am surprised that after they have been served, the government still went ahead to bring down my house with a bulldozer.

“My younger one was in the house when it was brought down and they did not give them notice nor allowed to remove any of their properties before destroying the place.”

Precious Odubu, wife of the former Deputy Governor’s brother, said at about 4 p.m., she noticed some policemen came into the compound and she accosted them to inquire about their mission.

“The way they came in, not through the main gate, I was afraid and asked about their mission, and they told me that they want to demolish the house and if there are children in the building, they should be brought out.

“Without even waiting for my response, they just brought in their bulldozers and started destroying the house without allowing us to remove our properties,” she stated.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/03/23/vengeance-obaseki-bulldozes-benin-homes-of-oshiomholes-allies/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) by GOFRONT(m): 10:17pm On Mar 23, 2021
This is the real definition of 'Politics is a dirty game'

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) by Spending123: 10:17pm On Mar 23, 2021
Nigeria is the only country where our yesterday is better than today....Jesus wept.

Please if you hear any sound on your roof, don't panic it's me. I just bought a shoe of #200k and you can't expect me to walk on the floor with it..

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) by Duru9(m): 10:20pm On Mar 23, 2021
Wrong move

Power de sweet
Remember
Power de finish

128 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) by AmbaliJ: 10:24pm On Mar 23, 2021
Power is transient.

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) by Enoch07: 10:24pm On Mar 23, 2021
enjoy your second tenure. good job

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) by Urfavouritegirl: 10:36pm On Mar 23, 2021
Why all these?
This is someone's sweat.
Why can't he just let go of the past?

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) by nzeobi(m): 10:44pm On Mar 23, 2021
This obaseki doesn't forgive oh but let hear from the government before we make conclusions.

Does it mean that if tinubu owns a house or property in Benin it will be demolished too

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) by iluvdonjazzy: 10:46pm On Mar 23, 2021
Lets be frank with ourselves, if this things is done because of malice then it is really really bad of Obaseki even though am his fan.

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) by bcomputer101: 10:52pm On Mar 23, 2021
Anything to keep Oshomole and his crooks silent forever is welcome.

We told you, Edo no be Lagos

51 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) by Pious101: 10:53pm On Mar 23, 2021
They forget power is transient

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) by Badorey6: 10:55pm On Mar 23, 2021
bcomputer101:

Lagos cannot be the backward underdeveloped Edo. Never!

121 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) by Pochettino(f): 11:00pm On Mar 23, 2021
As an Ibo man, Rochas nor gree dis kain tin.
He go block gate come chop disgrace ontop.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) by Ademola47(m): 11:27pm On Mar 23, 2021
This man should be cautioned by his close allies.
That he is there today doesn't mean he'll be there forever.

He should learn from those that have done similar things in the past.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) by reuben81: 12:50am On Mar 24, 2021
This practice is common in the south south and south east,u hardly hear about this kind if thing coming from the nirth

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) by Racoon(m): 1:07am On Mar 24, 2021
Godwin Obaseki should know that vendetta kills

17 Likes

Re: Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) by Gandollaar(f): 1:09am On Mar 24, 2021
Crush your enemies totally!

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) by stonemasonn: 1:17am On Mar 24, 2021
reuben81:
This practice is common in the south south and south east,u hardly hear about this kind if thing coming from the nirth
ask El Rufai

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) by blackpanda: 1:55am On Mar 24, 2021
bcomputer101:

But 8yrs must surely end one day abi

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) by Nobody: 2:51am On Mar 24, 2021
Imo state style of politics.

That's what the PDP Governor achieved all his tenure, before the Supreme Court took over.

These are the stupid people who are bent on making the poorest country in the world not to move forward.

Nigerians don't understand, Live and let live or Mind your business.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) by NaMe4: 3:34am On Mar 24, 2021
This is no news. These properties are government-owned and were converted for private use by these individuals.

The occupants have been notified for over a year and Notices placed on all of such buildings for months.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) by NaMe4: 3:41am On Mar 24, 2021
reuben81:

El Rufai demolished quite a number too. Eg Hunkuyi, Inuwa Abdulkadir.

20 Likes

Re: Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) by kayusely70(m): 3:47am On Mar 24, 2021
Vengeance belongs to God.

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) by Toosure70: 4:09am On Mar 24, 2021
this is too bad o. You did this to hand that brought you up to your destiny. Who so ever commend you for should check their brain.

7 Likes

Re: Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) by seunmsg(m): 4:09am On Mar 24, 2021
It is just a matter of time, Obaseki will pay for his crimes.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) by Karemarealty288(m): 4:17am On Mar 24, 2021
They would have done worse to Obaseki if they had won..."Crush Your Enemies Totally " is one of the Laws Of Power.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) by ngadaAwo: 4:29am On Mar 24, 2021
iluvdonjazzy:
Lets be frank with ourselves, if this things is done because of malice then it is really really bad of Obaseki even though am his fan.
oshiomole would have done worse if he had defeated Obaseki

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) by ngadaAwo: 4:29am On Mar 24, 2021
Karemarealty288:
They would have done worse to Obaseki if they had won..."Crush Your Enemies Totally " is one of the Laws Of Power.
gbam
by now Obaseki would have been in prison to the cheering of Tinubu urchins

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) by Nobody: 4:52am On Mar 24, 2021
That Rick Ross said we gotta destroy before we elevate doesn't mean obaseki should go about destroying every house in Benin under the guise of "na me dy power" Power is transient!!!
Just the other year at his inauguration, IBB said "I am the world strongest General, ask my wife, ask my children ask those who have the honor of boxing me" today General Maradona is seated on the world grandest wheelchair with an utterly paralysed foot and not even the best of all surgeons can do nothing about it!!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) by oz4real83(m): 5:19am On Mar 24, 2021
They shared govt's land among themselves when they were in power. Obaseki is simply taking back govt's land from these criminals.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) by Chanchit: 7:07am On Mar 24, 2021
These people play mumu politics. See Imo state too, Ihedioha was victimizing Okorocha. Uzodinma entered and started doing same thing. Forgetting that they will also leave office.

It's disgraceful for a sitting governor to lose a case to a former governor, that was what happened to Uzodinma, cos he was going about it the wrong way.

Take a leaf from Lagos, Look at Ambode? He got many properties for himself while he was governor. They collected some when he left office, but it didn't get to the media, it was by negotiation. Now he's been giving another appointment.

Later una go wonder why Lagos is progressive, it because they don't do petty politics.

By the way, the demolished buildings looks like kiosk o, abi na inside kiosk Oshiomole allies dey live?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) by Jerryherd: 7:16am On Mar 24, 2021
cool

It's just 4 years... Let him enjoy his powers

No wonder the evil guy couldn't father a child

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Obi And The Egyptian Trip (photos and video) / Godswill Obioma Assassinated (NECO Registrar) / Which Nigerian Leader in 2019 Can Transform The Country To Look Like This?(Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.