Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Wike To COAS Attahiru: 'Your Predecessor, Buratai, Was Grossly Partisan’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike To COAS Attahiru: 'Your Predecessor, Buratai, Was Grossly Partisan’ (29913 Views)

Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding / Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated / Buratai Was Nowhere To Be Found At His Mother's Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike To COAS Attahiru: 'Your Predecessor, Buratai, Was Grossly Partisan’ by Mathyluba: 1:55pm On Mar 24, 2021
Former Chief of Army Staff, Lt. General Tukur Buratai (retd) was not only grossly partisan, but encouraged other Army officers to become political collaborators, Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has said.

Wike spoke when he received Buratai’s successor, Lt. General Ibrahim Attahiru, on courtesy visit at Government House, Port Harcourt on Tuesday.

He claimed that such political involvement was responsible for the attempt by the Army to upturn the mandate of Rivers people during the last general elections.

While appealing to Attahiru to toe a different path, the Governor said the Army led by Buratai as playing despicable role in the election.

“It was a big shame, what happened in 2019 in this State. I am sure you must have watched it on television. I am sure you must have watched where the 6 Division turned to INEC office with ballot papers everywhere.”

Governor Wike also challenged the Chief of Army Staff to be more patriotic to the country and stop the role the Army and other security agencies play in encouraging nonperformance by elected political office holders.

He said if politicians know that soldiers and police officers will not be contracted to rig elections for them, they will be more responsive to the electorate because their votes will count.

“Election in Nigeria is no longer determined by performance. It is determined by you being connected to security agencies and INEC. If it was based on performance you’ll see most politicians will change. If you don’t perform they will vote you out. ”

“We know that with the kind of experience you have, and with your level of education, the difference will be clear. Let me use this opportunity to say there is need for you to make a difference, to bring back the respect Nigerians used to have for the Armed forces.

“In those days when you see a soldier you run, these days it is difficult because soldiers have been exposed to politics. I want you to make a difference, to say your interest is to protect Nigerians; to fight bandits, to fight insurgency and not to carry ballot boxes.

Speaking further, Governor Wike acknowledged that the new Chief of Army Staff has started off his assignment well, which has begun restoring public confidence in the Army.

Governor Wike harped on the need for the withdrawal of Army officers drafted as security personnel to guard politicians because it reduces the number of officers available to protect the sovereignty of the country.

“I believe you will show difference that you are not here for politicians. You’re here to protect the territorial integrity of Nigeria. From the little you have done since you came, we are beginning to see difference, but don’t change.”

He urged him to continue on the path of professionalism, commit to fighting cultists, insurgents and all criminality, to ensure that Nigeria is safe.

The Chief of Army Staff, Lt. General Ibrahim Attahiru said he was in the state on assessment of 6 Division of the Nigerian Army.

Lt. General Ibrahim Attahiru commended the governor for the prevailing peace and security in Rivers State and his zero tolerance for separatist groups

“I also thank you for your continued non tolerance approach against separatist groups and also your contribution in promoting peaceful coexistence among the various communities that lives in Rivers State.”

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/03/24/your-predecessor-buratai-was-grossly-partisan-wike-tells-coas-attahiru/

4 Likes

Re: Wike To COAS Attahiru: 'Your Predecessor, Buratai, Was Grossly Partisan’ by othermen: 1:59pm On Mar 24, 2021
On Buratai's watch, we had 3 massacres & more by the army. The shiites hindered his convoy & the punishment is death of their 100s, youths want better policing & response is the Lekki massacre, military is attacked by no one knows & everyone in Oyigbo has to die.

He oversaw the escalation of insurgency in the northeast & on his watch, almost '0000 soldiers if not more perished; some from banditry & others because they demanded a re-evaluation.

Buratai's Military killed more responsible Nigerians than they killed bandits & terrorists. Soldiers that demand weapons to fight the terrorists were locked up by Buratai.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike To COAS Attahiru: 'Your Predecessor, Buratai, Was Grossly Partisan’ by Fahdiga(m): 2:02pm On Mar 24, 2021
Both Wike and Buratai are failures

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike To COAS Attahiru: 'Your Predecessor, Buratai, Was Grossly Partisan’ by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 24, 2021
Noted
Re: Wike To COAS Attahiru: 'Your Predecessor, Buratai, Was Grossly Partisan’ by donstan18: 2:48pm On Mar 24, 2021
I don’t know why I like this Wike.

Possibly because he doesn’t give a fvck about Federal orders.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike To COAS Attahiru: 'Your Predecessor, Buratai, Was Grossly Partisan’ by Racoon(m): 2:48pm On Mar 24, 2021
And the present one is what? His appointment was also not based on the same partisanship? Imagine the same Attihiru that was removed by Buratai(former COAS) for ineptitude & incompetence as Operation Lafiya Dole counter insurgency war commander appointed as army chief after same Buratai.Incompetency rewarding incompetency.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike To COAS Attahiru: 'Your Predecessor, Buratai, Was Grossly Partisan’ by bolaayenimo: 2:48pm On Mar 24, 2021
talkative Wike

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike To COAS Attahiru: 'Your Predecessor, Buratai, Was Grossly Partisan’ by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:49pm On Mar 24, 2021
Na only partisan Lies nkor Buratai's lies can wake up the dead

As for the president, Instead of partisan, nepotism (that and many more will be used to describe Buhari at the end of his tenure!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike To COAS Attahiru: 'Your Predecessor, Buratai, Was Grossly Partisan’ by Etinosa1234: 2:49pm On Mar 24, 2021
Same predecessor who said he left Nigeria better than he met it
Re: Wike To COAS Attahiru: 'Your Predecessor, Buratai, Was Grossly Partisan’ by Lanre4uonly(m): 2:49pm On Mar 24, 2021
Governor Wike have spoken.
Over to the COAS.

6 Likes

Re: Wike To COAS Attahiru: 'Your Predecessor, Buratai, Was Grossly Partisan’ by Bayaar02(m): 2:49pm On Mar 24, 2021
Wike my man

4 Likes

Re: Wike To COAS Attahiru: 'Your Predecessor, Buratai, Was Grossly Partisan’ by jexisen478: 2:50pm On Mar 24, 2021
Good afternoon
Re: Wike To COAS Attahiru: 'Your Predecessor, Buratai, Was Grossly Partisan’ by kereman1: 2:51pm On Mar 24, 2021
Buratia is the most useless military man in the whole world, I'm still wondering how he rose to such a high status in the force.
By default anyone with his IQ is suppose to be stuck as a private till he retires

19 Likes

Re: Wike To COAS Attahiru: 'Your Predecessor, Buratai, Was Grossly Partisan’ by Chiderad(m): 2:51pm On Mar 24, 2021
Wike is saying it as it should be. It's one Nigeria and not one north at the expense of the resources of the south.

I sincerely hope our leaders will get it right for the good of all.

7 Likes

Re: Wike To COAS Attahiru: 'Your Predecessor, Buratai, Was Grossly Partisan’ by brosom(m): 2:51pm On Mar 24, 2021
all I see in this pictures are crows.

Only for legends!!
Re: Wike To COAS Attahiru: 'Your Predecessor, Buratai, Was Grossly Partisan’ by franchasng: 2:51pm On Mar 24, 2021
He was corrupt, tribalistic, directionless and incompetent

5 Likes

Re: Wike To COAS Attahiru: 'Your Predecessor, Buratai, Was Grossly Partisan’ by newdawnlive: 2:52pm On Mar 24, 2021
Wike take style mumu o, no be waiting your boss ask u to do, u go do, you can't blame buratai the real Commanders are cabals
Re: Wike To COAS Attahiru: 'Your Predecessor, Buratai, Was Grossly Partisan’ by Kap11: 2:53pm On Mar 24, 2021
Re: Wike To COAS Attahiru: 'Your Predecessor, Buratai, Was Grossly Partisan’ by jlo247(m): 2:53pm On Mar 24, 2021
what is he saying
Re: Wike To COAS Attahiru: 'Your Predecessor, Buratai, Was Grossly Partisan’ by merits(m): 2:54pm On Mar 24, 2021
Thug of war,e no concern me.
Re: Wike To COAS Attahiru: 'Your Predecessor, Buratai, Was Grossly Partisan’ by TheStranger: 2:54pm On Mar 24, 2021
APC Rivers state chapter used the army chief

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike To COAS Attahiru: 'Your Predecessor, Buratai, Was Grossly Partisan’ by NaijaOlosho(f): 2:56pm On Mar 24, 2021
Wike just talk talking these days

Please focus on Rivers People

Wey the 5k employment you promised

1 Like

Re: Wike To COAS Attahiru: 'Your Predecessor, Buratai, Was Grossly Partisan’ by robosky02(m): 2:57pm On Mar 24, 2021
Na so
Re: Wike To COAS Attahiru: 'Your Predecessor, Buratai, Was Grossly Partisan’ by MrIcredible: 2:57pm On Mar 24, 2021
BURANTASHl NA IDIOT NA

2 Likes

Re: Wike To COAS Attahiru: 'Your Predecessor, Buratai, Was Grossly Partisan’ by baseb: 2:57pm On Mar 24, 2021
When they worked for you when PDP was in power, they were not partisan. They are partisan now because you presently have no way of having over 400 of them at finger tip. Nigerian poiticians are core Losers at the end of the day

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER / Concrete Road Technology In Ebonyi State (Photos) / 20 Interesting Things About Alvan Ikoku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.