Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated (16444 Views)

Wike To COAS Attahiru: 'Your Predecessor, Buratai, Was Grossly Partisan’ / Yul Edochie: Nnamdi Kanu Is A Hero Grossly Misunderstood / Borrowing To Subsidise Electricity Grossly Irresponsible -FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by bolaayenimo: 9:15pm On Aug 03, 2020
A candidate in the 2020 Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) presidential election, Mr Dele Adesina SAN, Monday shed light on his claim that the process was manipulated.

Adesina renewed a call he made last week for the cancellation of the poll, in a letter to the NBA’s Board of Trustees Chairman, Dr Olisa Agbakoba.

His allegations were however refuted by outgoing NBA President Paul Usoro.

Former NBA Secretary-General Adesina and his brother Silk Dr Babatunde Ajibade last Thursday lost the race for the NBA Presidency to a non-SAN, Mr Olumide Akpata.

Akpata will succeed Usoro SAN later this month.

But in his petition seen by The Nation, Adesina alleged that the election was marred by over-voting, disenfranchisement of some eligible voters, and non-compliance with the provisions of the NBA constitution.

According to him, the voters register verified by the Electoral Committee of NBA (ECNBA) was found to be “manipulated, doctored and padded”.

Adesina said the register contained “4,464 names of purported Lawyers without Branches ascribed to any of them from Serial Number 25171 to 29635. This List obviously provided cover for harvested voters without Branches;

“86 names of Lawyers (were) under the category ‘International Diaspora’ from Serial Number 12182 to 12268, a clear violation of the provisions of the Constitution of the NBA. International Diaspora as a Branch is unknown to the NBA Constitution.”

He alleged that there were cases of inflation of the list of some Branches, including “For instance, Obollo-Afor Branch had only 39 names from Serial Number 30424 to 30462 on the Final List for Verification. Strangely, this increased to 662 on the Verified Voters List published on the date of the Election.”

According to him, there was also deletion/removal of names of many members from the final list. “For example: Ikeja, Ibadan, Enugu, Ife, Ado-Ekiti and many others had their number of voters substantially reduced without any explanation whatsoever or howsoever,” Adesina said.

In another instance, he alleged that the voting site had predetermined election data.

https://thenationonlineng.net/how-2020-nba-elections-were-manipulated-by-adesina/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by Halfamilli: 9:15pm On Aug 03, 2020
If possible, oxygen distribution would have been manipulated in this country of ours.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by helinues: 9:17pm On Aug 03, 2020
Nigeria Basketball Association

Imagine Lawyers rigging their own election. Who is going to interpret the law now

Oh my Nigeria.. grin cheesy

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by nairavsdollars(f): 9:18pm On Aug 03, 2020
lawyers that politicians rely on can't conduct simple election and they will be abusing INEC

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by LongLife4all: 9:22pm On Aug 03, 2020
Halfamilli:
If possible, oxygen distribution would have been manipulated in this country of ours.

Fresh ones would be in government houses and politicians houses and the contaminated ones sent to average Nigerians like me and you but God pass them on that one.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by LongLife4all: 9:23pm On Aug 03, 2020
Corruption has reached the static position in the country.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by Halfamilli: 9:24pm On Aug 03, 2020
LongLife4all:

Fresh ones would be in government houses and politicians houses and the contaminated ones sent to average Nigerians like me and you but God pass them on that one.

Those that see corruption as hobbies

1 Like

Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by wenson(m): 9:26pm On Aug 03, 2020
Lawyers na dem sabi lie na grin grin grin
How dem no go manipulate deir own election wen dem b Chief manipulators.

Buh on d oda hand tho... Will dis Adesina person say dis of d System favoured him?

3 Likes

Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by Yankee101: 9:26pm On Aug 03, 2020
Then I pity the law profession

No integrity among liars i guess

3 Likes

Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by festusbiz(m): 9:27pm On Aug 03, 2020
Seriously?
Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by YoungLionken(m): 9:27pm On Aug 03, 2020
Tell me one section in the country that is corruption free, just one...

1 Like

Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by Slawormir: 9:27pm On Aug 03, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by Tobimercy(f): 9:27pm On Aug 03, 2020
I'm a lawyer and I voted in that election.
Adesina or DASAN as we call him, is only being a sore loser.

7 Likes

Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by AMvanquish: 9:28pm On Aug 03, 2020
I heard they Lost because they wanted to shove the " SAN" title in the faces of lawyers without the "SAN" title. More like an election between SANs Vs. Non-SANs.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by nwikpab: 9:28pm On Aug 03, 2020
take heart

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by bankulizer: 9:29pm On Aug 03, 2020
Who go settle this matter now ehn. Constitution people election no free and fair...omo, which kind wahala be this...

I do automation...Contact me today before I charge you higher.... angry

2 Likes

Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by emkz: 9:29pm On Aug 03, 2020
They say they no want you Oga Dele. It's not by force to serve.

Olumide has mentored several young lawyers and sponsored many to the NBA Conference. I understand he performed excellently as chairman of business law in the NBA. He also did well in articulating his visions for the NBA during an interview he gave to Channels TV. What efforts did you make sir to show you are worthy of the position? So because you are SAN, you must win. You really sound like a politician which may be because you have represented politicians who brought frivolous cases for you to argue.

You can be the President of the NBA, SAN chapter abeg. No further ridicule yourself.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by Nigerianleleyi0: 9:29pm On Aug 03, 2020
)8

I can't see what is written Can someone summarise

I don't know anything going on.

2 Likes

Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 03, 2020
Joyjoe:
I thought it was a scam until I got paid����

I love you guys�����
���

Sell your dad property and invest

Goodluck cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by IME1: 9:29pm On Aug 03, 2020
undecided

Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by seolin: 9:30pm On Aug 03, 2020
Halfamilli:
lol grin
Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by thunder74(m): 9:30pm On Aug 03, 2020
He is a loser. I voted in the election, I monitored the election results real-time online. The winner won with over half of the other contestants votes. (Akpata 9871, (Ajibade SAN 4326, and Adesina SAN 3982).
The real problem is that the junior lawyers voted against the SANs to install non San as the President of the Bar.

(the result is attached below)

20 Likes

Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by Rekyz(m): 9:30pm On Aug 03, 2020
Fixed!
Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by soberdrunk(m): 9:30pm On Aug 03, 2020
I knew something was wrong when I heard Olumide Akpata won, angry
Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by MrFixIt007: 9:31pm On Aug 03, 2020
Plsss, when do we start getting Good News? Everywhere na bad bad negative news.....na wa ooooo. I don tire oooo
Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 03, 2020
Sore loser

You lost election and you are now crying wolf

He must have been supported by by some people I know with hard luck who also supported one Hausa slave master that lost 2019 election

Abeg, I no mention anybody name oh

6 Likes

Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by Awesomeking: 9:31pm On Aug 03, 2020
why am i not surprised, Nigeria doesn't surprise me anymore,
Nigeria is like a wife, at first you try to control her, then u realise u can't, so u kukuma carry ur cross and learn to tolerate her

Are you an artist who is finding it hard to write songs? whatsapp 08120520368 or email Songwriterkadiri@yahoo.com and let us provide premium lyrics for you
Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by Joefat: 9:31pm On Aug 03, 2020
Nigeria!!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 03, 2020
grin. INJUSTICE FOR THE JUSTICE grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

World Sickle Cell Day: Peter Obi, Maduka Commiserate With Victims (Pictures) / Photos: Rivers APC Holds Peaceful Presidential Primaries Across 319 Wards / Buhari: How Nigeria Recorded Biggest Economic Growth In Six Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.