Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Difference Between Botany And Crop Science - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Difference Between Botany And Crop Science (926 Views)

Between Botany and Pharmacy, Please I Need Advise! / OAU Loses Accreditation For Law, Dentistry, Botany And Medical Rehabilitation / From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between Botany And Crop Science by clockwisereport: 9:33pm On Mar 24, 2021
Somebody should please help me the answers to these questions.
What is the difference between Botany or Plant Science and Crop Science?
Again, what is the difference between Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine?

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Botany And Crop Science by Tolexander: 9:42pm On Mar 24, 2021
clockwisereport:

first of all, all crops are plant while not all plants are crops.

Plants are multicellular chlorophyllous organisms.
While crops are plants which are cultivated for harvest

Crop science is a subset of plant science which deals with the study of the cultivation of plants of food or commercial output

Plant science deals with the study of all plants including crops

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Botany And Crop Science by yungchop: 11:46pm On Mar 24, 2021
clockwisereport:

I'm a graduate of botany and I can tell you that Botany or Plant Biology as we call it in Unilorin is a very interesting but kind hard course because its cumbersome. we have Plant Physiology, Plant Anatomy, Genetics ,Plant ecology etc depending on the school. This should give you the volume of work and reading you'll go through.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Botany And Crop Science by Zeeknow3245(m): 12:43pm On Apr 25, 2021
clockwisereport:

In Lay man's knowledge, Animal science is just plainly concerned with what Animals produce majorly feed and Animal nutrition with also Genetics. Veterinary Medicine on the hand is a branch of Medicine concerned with the treatment of Animals, their nutrition, reproductive health, prevention of communicable diseases from Animal to Man, breeding etcetera etcetera.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Botany And Crop Science by paulolee(m): 5:30pm On Apr 25, 2021
the name is d difference n d difference is d name..

(1) (Reply)

2021 Active Scholarship / How Average Nigerians Like You Are Relocating To Canada – Exposing The Best Way / Pass Your GRE Exam At Once

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.