Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Between Botany and Pharmacy, Please I Need Advise! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Between Botany and Pharmacy, Please I Need Advise! (766 Views)

Difference Between Botany And Crop Science / What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? / OAU Loses Accreditation For Law, Dentistry, Botany And Medical Rehabilitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Botany and Pharmacy, Please I Need Advise! by Abusadiq01(m): 3:46pm On Jan 07, 2020
I just decided to drop this here maybe I could get some advise from Nairalanders.

I am currently a student of UDUS, botany department in 100level (going to 200level this semester). Actually i didn't apply for dis course (botany), bt unfortunately I was given botany instead of MBBS (with a JAMB score of 255). When I started this course in UDUS, i was not interested at all (dat was in first semester 100level), BT later on (at d end of 2nd semester) I begin to have some interest to the extent DAT I really did well in all my courses (in 18 courses DAT I took in 100level, I only had 3 'C's, BT other courses was drenched with 'A's & 'B's). My current CGPA is 4.95. At the time that I had no interest in botany, I decided to seat for another JAMB (dat is this 2019 UTME ) which I scored 280. I was so excited at DAT time.
I actually applied for MBBS wit dat 280 BT I later changed it to B.Pharm due to some certain reasons. Now admission list has been released and I have been offered B.Pharm.

Should I continue with BOTANY since am already performing Well academically and again I have gained some interest OR should I just leave and go for PHARMACY?

Re: Between Botany and Pharmacy, Please I Need Advise! by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 07, 2020
My brother

Put that same zeal into doing well in pharmacy.

Pharmacy is more lucrative when you graduate, just put in that same effort and force your spirit to like it and excel in it.

Economy harsh sad

5 Likes

Re: Between Botany and Pharmacy, Please I Need Advise! by Abusadiq01(m): 4:23pm On Jan 07, 2020
AkeNathan:
My brother

Put that same zeal into doing well in pharmacy.

Pharmacy is more lucrative when you graduate, just put in that same effort and force your spirit to like it and excel in it.

Economy harsh sad

OK naa... tanks
Re: Between Botany and Pharmacy, Please I Need Advise! by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 07, 2020
Pharmacy is a professional course. You get your license to practice unlike botany. You get your money and experience from internship and nysc before hunting for Job. I will advice you to go for pharmacy. Read more on NAPLEX (it seems there are opportunities to travel abroad via international exams for example USMLE/PLAB is for Medicine while Naplex should be for pharmacy, not sure tho)

1 Like

Re: Between Botany and Pharmacy, Please I Need Advise! by Yustash001(m): 5:43pm On Jan 07, 2020
Go for Pharmacy...the course is very lucrative in Nigeria and you can even start on your own if you are unable to secure a Government job

1 Like

Re: Between Botany and Pharmacy, Please I Need Advise! by edoairways: 7:36pm On Jan 07, 2020
Abusadiq01 you loved pharmacy but disliked botany now you suddenly fell in love with Botany. The question I put to you, do you have passion for pharmacy or you want to study it because of job prospect? Pharmacy is a bit tough in case you don't know

1 Like

Re: Between Botany and Pharmacy, Please I Need Advise! by Abusadiq01(m): 7:46pm On Jan 07, 2020
edoairways:
Abusadiq01 you loved pharmacy but disliked botany now you suddenly fell in love with Botany. The question I put to you, do you have passion for pharmacy or you want to study it because of job prospect? Pharmacy is a bit tough in case you don't know

In my life i hve Neva thought of studying any course other than Medicine or Pharmacy... My passion for it is beyond reasonable doubt...
Re: Between Botany and Pharmacy, Please I Need Advise! by edoairways: 7:48pm On Jan 07, 2020
Abusadiq01:

In my life i hve Neva thought of studying any course other than Medicine or Pharmacy... My passion for it is beyond reasonable doubt...
Then go for it

1 Like

Re: Between Botany and Pharmacy, Please I Need Advise! by ATTemi: 8:23pm On Jan 07, 2020
Be wise.

Pharmacy!

1 Like

Re: Between Botany and Pharmacy, Please I Need Advise! by pxemma100: 11:03pm On Jan 07, 2020
To compare botany with pharmacy;may God of education and career fgiv u. Amen. Dts all I can say

3 Likes

Re: Between Botany and Pharmacy, Please I Need Advise! by iaamxavier(m): 11:29pm On Jan 07, 2020
grin cheesy Welcome to the men of honour arena

Pharmacy remains the best course anybody can study in Nigeria
Wayy better than medicine
If you don't want to suffer in this life sha

3 Likes

Re: Between Botany and Pharmacy, Please I Need Advise! by Lymasaba(m): 9:00am On Feb 03, 2020
Welcome to pharmacy .. as a nairalander u will enjoy pharmacy more

(1) (Reply)

Study For MBA At Metropolitan School Of Business Management U.K @ 8000pounds / BREAKING: ASUU Commences Strike / ASUU Won't Call Off Strike Until All Withheld Salary Is Paid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.