Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,432 members, 7,815,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Taskbar Not Showing (help Pls!) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Taskbar Not Showing (help Pls!) (816 Views)

My Laptop Is Not Showing Local Disk D / Sleep Button On My Hp Laptop Not Showing Why? / Yahoo Mail Content Not Showing! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Taskbar Not Showing (help Pls!) by Wilfem(m): 5:48pm On Jul 08, 2007
I just noticed that my taskbar does not show again, although it'll appear during startup and would just disappear. I didn't select the "auto hide taskbar" option and I'm very worried why this happened. This will be the second time it'll happen, and I noticed that both happened after I restarted my Pc after installing the Automatic Updates. The first time it happened, I eventually had to format/re-install my Windows so as to get relief from it, but this time around, I wouldn't like to format it. I have been to the Taskbar and Start Manu Options from the Control Panel, but doesn't seem to solve the problem
Please, is there any adjustments or settings I can make in order for the taskbar to show/appear.
I'm currently making use of the Vista to locate/open the opened pages/windows, but it is definitely not like the Taskbar does. I need help Please.
Re: Taskbar Not Showing (help Pls!) by bigrovar(m): 6:36am On Jul 09, 2007
what happened to you usually happens when ever u forcefully shut down your system, after it hangs or freezes , forceful shutdown can lead to the task bar getting corrupt, also the use of objectdock can also lead to the disappearance of taskbar, it would appear for a brief then disappear after object dock loads, anyway the way i got aroud it was to create another user account and make it an administrator, u can move all ur important files into shared folder, the create the new administrator account, then move ur file into the new acc from shared folder, u may aslo need to reinstall some application, the bottom line is, it way better than reinstall of formatting
Re: Taskbar Not Showing (help Pls!) by Wilfem(m): 10:56pm On Jul 09, 2007
Thanks, bigrovar. After spending several hours online and on my pc in finding solution to it. It still didn't work, so I got tired & frustrated and eventually had to format it. But now, I've learnt my lessons. Thanks once again

(1) (Reply)

Security+ In Nigeria / Crack Code / Have You Heard About This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.