Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,592 members, 7,955,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:51 PM

When Last Did You Use The Weather App On Your Phone? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / When Last Did You Use The Weather App On Your Phone? (9882 Views)

When Last Did You Switch Off Your Phone ? / Please Recommend A Good Weather App For Me / When Last Did You Use Your BBM (Blackberry Messenger)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Last Did You Use The Weather App On Your Phone? by sinkhole: 10:31am On Apr 02, 2021
Cleanworld:

Weather app is not meant or made for beautiful Nigeria weather where is its always sunny all day long and you can easily tell by looking up the sky if its going to rain or not unlike Obodo oyinbo where every minutes there's a differrent weather report . grin Africa is beautiful but...
... but the people inhabiting it are ugly, in the minds embarassed

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Use The Weather App On Your Phone? by firstratedcitiz(m): 11:16am On Apr 02, 2021
Just a few hours ago. The truth is that due to the unpredictable nature of weather situations in most parts of the Western Hemisphere, people actually take weather predictions seriously. This is not especially the case in Africa and Asia, except perhaps in Japan or China. I hardly bothered checking the weather app in my phone while in Nigeria. But today, here, it's become almost like a daily ritual for me checking weather readings on my phone now and again, especially in the winter.
Re: When Last Did You Use The Weather App On Your Phone? by Shellsploit: 11:31am On Apr 02, 2021
Mine is glued to my fones screen.

Re: When Last Did You Use The Weather App On Your Phone? by stanley000: 2:33pm On Apr 02, 2021
grin grin Seems alot of ppl don't really understand how to use the weather app. Now here's a tip, ignore other information like thunderstorms etc hust check the temperature, if it's below 25 then it's surely gonna rain but above 30 then expect a very hot sun
Re: When Last Did You Use The Weather App On Your Phone? by Nettybrown(m): 3:37pm On Apr 02, 2021
SweetBuns:
Lol I check mine since I’m always on the move
Hi, which part of oyo do u reside?
Re: When Last Did You Use The Weather App On Your Phone? by Verami(f): 5:48pm On Apr 02, 2021
Daily
Re: When Last Did You Use The Weather App On Your Phone? by Princesslee: 8:03pm On Apr 02, 2021
I use it almost everyday. Most times before standing up from my bed because Jos weather is nobody's mate.
Kenog4real:
Since I left the country, I've never left home without knowing the condition of that day's weather right from the time I leave the house till the time frame I'm going to get back home especially during the winter; this is because if I don't, I might end up regretting the simple mistake. So the weather most time determines the kind of outfit for the day.

Recently my friend in Nigeria were complaining about the weather being too hot/cold so I asked some of them "What's the actual weather condition in degrees?. " Some didn't answer while some said they don't know. To cut the story short, nobody gave me a positive response so I had to check on my phone.

After doing that, I remembered I was once like that though not that bad because I did geography in school and I also taught geography during my NYSC which sometimes prompts me to know the weather condition of the day and also for some countries.

So, brothers and sisters, is that Weather App on your phone a liability that keep getting free updates without being used or not?
Re: When Last Did You Use The Weather App On Your Phone? by CDCEO001: 9:38am On Apr 03, 2021
Since 2015 i have not use it because I think is not accurate and the gps don't get your main location well in Nigeria. I don't know if is been improved now.
When I was living outside Nigeria, I get the state and city accurately.
I think I will try the weather app again.
Re: When Last Did You Use The Weather App On Your Phone? by Kenog4real(m): 10:05am On Apr 03, 2021
Lol, I think not every area in a state in Nigeria is included in the weather App forecasting. That's why if it says it's gonna rain in Lagos, one should know it's not basically Lagos. Even if it picks Ikeja, one should also know it ain't gonna rain in every part of Ikeja which is why it's called weather. And for those saying Nigerian weather is straight forward, you will agree with me that rain has dealt with you at least ones unexpectedly and also you have once blamed yourself for putting on the wrong clothes on a particular day due to how hot the weather of that particular day. {this is why weather comes in}

Re: When Last Did You Use The Weather App On Your Phone? by meobizy(f): 2:58am On Jul 16, 2021
I never cared until I traveled out, got into the habit and then came back. I still find it a waste of time because other than unexpected rain during the dry season, the forecasts mean nothing; our highs are 31 and a little higher while our lows are 23 thereabout.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Swapping Iphone 6s To X No Face Id..how Much Do I Need / Mtn Shared Data Bundle Deactivation / Unlock Your Nokia Bb5 Phone Here For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.