Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Black Women Wearing Muslim Head Scarf - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Black Women Wearing Muslim Head Scarf (6226 Views)

What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? / 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class / Egypt Teacher Cuts Hair Of Schoolgirls For Not Wearing Muslim Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Women Wearing Muslim Head Scarf by nene1: 8:14pm On Apr 15, 2011
It seems to me like black/african muslim women don't look as good in hijab as arab or south asian women. I am not saying these women look better, but that they look better in the hijab. I have yet to see a black girl who still looks pretty in hijab. I don't know if it is the way they wear it, but it doesn't seem to suit them as well. I am a muslim and black myself, but I feel like when black women wear hijab it does not look as good. I know the point is to look modest, but that does not mean you can't look pretty. But then again not many african women wear it any way (aside from the somalis) so I don't see too many examples of pretty african hijabis.

I have seen some Black American women in hijab as well and they don't seem to look good in it as well or wear it well.
Re: Black Women Wearing Muslim Head Scarf by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 15, 2011
it's worn in northern nigeria and the middle belt, though i'm not sure why this is in christianity and not muslim section.

i think each country has different ways of wearing it.
Re: Black Women Wearing Muslim Head Scarf by Sweetnecta: 12:19am On Apr 16, 2011
@Nene1; i have seem dark skinned women, even almost as coal wear hijab. and subhannaAllah, they look radiant. your eyes and my eyes are seeing two different interpretations.

i see beauty in them, you see not so beautiful in them. beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. it also the manifestation of the heart.
Re: Black Women Wearing Muslim Head Scarf by nene1: 9:52pm On Apr 16, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@Nene1; i have seem dark skinned women, even almost as coal wear hijab. and subhannaAllah, they look radiant. your eyes and my eyes are seeing two different interpretations.

i see beauty in them, you see not so beautiful in them. beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. it also the manifestation of the heart.

Sis, I am in no way saying dark skinned women are not beautiful, but just in the way they wear hijab (in MY experience that is). They don't seem to wear it as nicely. I don't have a better way of explaining what I am trying to say lol,

By they way, are you talking about the african muslim women living in africa? (which part specifically)
Re: Black Women Wearing Muslim Head Scarf by Sweetnecta: 10:38pm On Apr 16, 2011
^^^^^^ i'm a brother sister.

choose your location; africa or not.

i have seen what we old yoruba men call 'asinrin peke' [beauuuu tiii ful] black as coal women.

its the face you see. you know she is pretty. Alhandulillah Allah says cover everything else, almost.

imagine if not covered up?

have you see a black skinned woman floats as she walks?
Re: Black Women Wearing Muslim Head Scarf by manmustwac(m): 3:43am On Apr 17, 2011
Moved to Islamic section
Re: Black Women Wearing Muslim Head Scarf by azharuddin: 5:54am On Apr 17, 2011
Re: Black Women Wearing Muslim Head Scarf by nene1: 9:08pm On Apr 17, 2011
azharuddin:

LOL, Good visual.
Re: Black Women Wearing Muslim Head Scarf by nene1: 9:09pm On Apr 17, 2011
Sweetnecta:

^^^^^^ i'm a brother sister.

choose your location; africa or not.

i have seen what we old yoruba men call 'asinrin peke' [beauuuu tiii ful] black as coal women.

its the face you see. you know she is pretty. Alhandulillah Allah says cover everything else, almost.

imagine if not covered up?

have you see a black skinned woman floats as she walks?

Sorry, bro lol, your name confused me.

Anyway, that's true. If the girl has a pretty face, she is pretty regardless.
Re: Black Women Wearing Muslim Head Scarf by Araboy(m): 11:32pm On Apr 17, 2011
@ Nene don't ever generalize there are a lot black women wearing Hijabs and they don't look less attractive than Arabs or South Asians plus your aim as Muslim shouldn't be  to do what make you look good but to obey what Allah has prescribed as laws From your name I assume you either from
Senegal or Gambia and yes in the wolof culture women tend not to cover their hair but that doesn't make it the rule for every Muslim black woman
Re: Black Women Wearing Muslim Head Scarf by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 17, 2011
azharuddin:

shocked shocked
Re: Black Women Wearing Muslim Head Scarf by maclatunji: 12:00pm On Apr 19, 2011
azharuddin:

This is funny but the analogy hits the nail on the head.
Re: Black Women Wearing Muslim Head Scarf by deols(f): 7:26pm On Apr 19, 2011
Except that you av any suggestions, this post is pointless. All dat matters is dat we obey Allah. Even if no one looks beautiful in hijab, it would still be worn.
Re: Black Women Wearing Muslim Head Scarf by zayhal(f): 12:01pm On Apr 22, 2011
deols:

Except that you av any suggestions, this post is pointless. All dat matters is dat we obey Allah. Even if no one looks beautiful in hijab, it would still be worn.

Right on point sister.

I don't see the need for this OP. The essence of hijab is not to look beautiful but to obey Allah and maintain modesty. back in the university days, whenever I got a look of admiration or a comment from the opposite sex that I looked beautiful, it used to upset me as I used to feel that my hijab was yet to do its job.

(1) (Reply)

Ramadan Is Next Week! Are You Preparing For The Blessed Month? / 7 Reasons To Perform Hajj While Young / O Allah, You Be The Judge Between Us And Our People; They Decevd And Desertd Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.