Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,496 members, 7,812,533 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon (13582 Views)

El-Rufai: Kaduna Better After Ending Tradition Of Muslim-Christian Leadership / 10 Nigerian States That Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation - TheCableIndex / Nigerian Federal Allocation In Colonial Period (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by Kebbiprince: 7:08pm On Mar 25, 2021
drlateef:

Let them grant independence to Lagos and see if Lagos economy will not be bigger than Nigeria in few years.
The independence is the difference naw, I mean current way Nigeria is constituted
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by Iegendhero: 7:10pm On Mar 25, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

I'm in agreement with all you've said.

However, it remains to be seen if with the present rent-seeking and financial opacity in Lagos, if your earlier assertion can hold.

Well time will tell.

If such scenario occurs again, I am pretty sure that Lagos can still fend for itself.

About the financial opacity, I’ll leave that to fact to unveil itself coz I really don’t believe too much in hearsays.

However, I understand clearly everything you said and you have a point.
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by rafcrown(m): 7:11pm On Mar 25, 2021
Overtaxing the people and proceeds from undisclosed sources?
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 25, 2021
Hope so, kaduna looks up to lagos like a role model and el rufai is currently immitating the lagos pattern of revenue generation.
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by masui(m): 7:17pm On Mar 25, 2021
He meant kaduna of united States
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by pieces18: 7:18pm On Mar 25, 2021
limeta:
olodu

Correct one, you need to see nonsense he's doing in Kaduna
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by tamdun: 7:20pm On Mar 25, 2021
Kebbiprince:
Not possible at all, no state including lagos can survive without federal allocation
Lagos survived 8 months without fed allocation under obasanjo
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 25, 2021
danilmo:

That was TINUBU 2nd tenure for 4years and that birth the rise of Lagos IGR to 20Billion from 600million.

Today Lagos is talking of 80B igr monthly.. How much is federal allocation of 10billion to Lagos

.Trust me Lagos can feed the whole of SW without allocation
Ondo....4B
Osun...2.5B
Ekiti....4B
Oyo....7B
Ogun....9Billion..

What's ur state let me add it to it.. Lol.

Just wait till Dangote refinery and lekki deep port, Lekki free trade zone, Imota rice start and see if Lagos won't start borrowing Nigeria money..like China.
Ogun has potentials.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by GreyLaw(m): 7:22pm On Mar 25, 2021
triple996:

you should have ignored him
yamuri thinks everyone is like them that cannot survive without Niger delta, which explains the attache by force grin

The guy he quoted is from Kebbi, at least from his username. Rise above your hatred!
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by BiafIntel: 7:23pm On Mar 25, 2021
And they will start using almajiri money then? This is a story for illiterate northern almajiris. By the way he is right because as soon as Biafra emerges, allocation to these parasites will stop.
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by EsvRotimiJubril(m): 7:24pm On Mar 25, 2021
triple996:
best governor ever they hate you bt you are the best they said you won't do anything bt you changed lives they said you would only embezzle bt you prove them wrong you transformed our schools you upgraded our teachers you rebuilt our infrastructures you improved our health sector you rebuilt our markets to modern standerds you improved our human development index(HDI you upgraded or transportation sector you increased our gross domestic product(GDP) and finally multiply our internal generated revenue(IGR) by almost 200%
Seems you haven't seen the way they are over taxing the common man.
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by ceaser: 7:25pm On Mar 25, 2021
Better.

And gradually every state should key into stopping to rely on resources from other states being shared to them at the end of every month.

When they know that there isn't any free monthly pocket money anywhere, those state governors will sit tight and start to brainstorm on creating wealth in their respective domains. Then they can get to tax earnings and businesses towards generating IGR.
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by GreyLaw(m): 7:30pm On Mar 25, 2021
SmartPolician:

The greatest disservice Jonathan did to his people is not working hard for them to control their resources. That man was a complete waste.
I shake my head when people praise him.

James Ibori and Diepreye Alamieyeseigha campaigned for resource control all through their stay in office. Jonathan got the opportunity and blew it.

Easy to say. No politician from the South will be able to do that until Nigeria is enlightened enough (especially the North) to allow such. Any president from the South who tries it will be destroyed.

Jonathan could not be trusted with the way he was going. The power brokers knew the man had plans and they had to cut it short. The anthem used was corruption, enabled by Tinubu and co to bring him down. Pray tell, is the present government not twice as corrupt now? So what changed? Why are there no media outbursts?

If Tinubu gets in there and tries it, they'll exterminate him. No president can achieve such by force. Proper consultations, education and compromise would be needed.
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by PROPHETmichael: 7:33pm On Mar 25, 2021
"Governor Nasir el-Rufai of Kaduna State, says that the state plans to stop relying on federal allocation in the next four years."

That is because you won't be the governor by then grin yeye dey smell
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by Tareq1105: 7:34pm On Mar 25, 2021
ThreeEyedRaven:
lol. grin grin grin grin

I didnt know El Rufai has a funny side

Kaduna would not need Federal Allocation in 4 yrs when he would have left office.

Why not now when still in the office?

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by Kebbiprince: 7:35pm On Mar 25, 2021
tamdun:

Lagos survived 8 months without fed allocation under obasanjo
When you said 8 months and not 1 year or 10 years
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 25, 2021
That's him telling the people of Kaduna state codedly....Taxes will be extended and increased.

On a more serious note, if he can do this, it would be an example to other governors, except Lagos and Ogun.
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by nsiba: 7:46pm On Mar 25, 2021
Kebbiprince:

As old as your father cheesy

Frog
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by Kebbiprince: 8:07pm On Mar 25, 2021
nsiba:

Frog
Toad
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by miky(m): 8:09pm On Mar 25, 2021
If lagos was a country! It would be Jewel of West Africa.. It is the only state making sense in this country... Abuja is only abuja because of Niger delta oil

Kebbiprince:
Not possible at all, no state including lagos can survive without federal allocation
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by ivolt: 8:10pm On Mar 25, 2021
What a joke. grin grin
What does Kaduna produce or will be producing?
Elrufai is still owing pensioners as we speak.
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by Kebbiprince: 8:10pm On Mar 25, 2021
miky:

If lagos was a country! It would be Jewel of West Africa.. It is the only state making sense in this country... Abuja is only abuja because of Niger delta oil

Lagos is only making sense because what is due to other states is been giving to lagos, that's just it
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by ivolt: 8:11pm On Mar 25, 2021
Iegendhero:

Remove Lagos from the list!

It can survive without federal allocation.

The state did it before during OBJ era and it has more financial capacity currently to do the same.

No state can survive without federal allocation.
OBJ never stopped state allocation to Lagos, go and do your research.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by ivolt: 8:14pm On Mar 25, 2021
israelmao:
El-Rufai may be controversial on some issues but nevertheless the guy knows his onions in development,management and administration.His urban renewal projects are going at accelerated speed and he is a governor who likes working with youths and intelligent people.
This is about federal allocation not infrastructural.
Tell us how Elrafai plan to replace federal allocation in Kaduna state.
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by ivolt: 8:17pm On Mar 25, 2021
danilmo:

That was TINUBU 2nd tenure for 4years and that birth the rise of Lagos IGR to 20Billion from 600million.

Today Lagos is talking of 80B igr monthly.. How much is federal allocation of 10billion to Lagos

.Trust me Lagos can feed the whole of SW without allocation
Ondo....4B
Osun...2.5B
Ekiti....4B
Oyo....7B
Ogun....9Billion..

What's ur state let me add it to it.. Lol.

Just wait till Dangote refinery and lekki deep port, Lekki free trade zone, Imota rice start and see if Lagos won't start borrowing Nigeria money..like China.

Lagos can't feed itself let alone other states.
We have not even consider the forex help the states gets.
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by 6digitscomrade: 8:20pm On Mar 25, 2021
JEWELofHELL:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/03/kaduna-to-stop-relying-on-federal-allocation-soon-%E2%80%95-el-rufai/
soon just like the cryptic vision 2020 when I was still a toddler.. ok continue u get fans
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by divineappo(m): 8:22pm On Mar 25, 2021
Banditry and ransom, the new allocation
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by AtikuIsSure(m): 8:44pm On Mar 25, 2021
Banditary business is booming

Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by danilmo: 9:51pm On Mar 25, 2021
ivolt:

Lagos can't feed itself let alone other states.
We have not even consider the forex help the states gets.

I gave u fact and figures please don't bug me with emotions.. Thanks
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by Owopariola: 9:56pm On Mar 25, 2021
GreyLaw:

Easy to say. No politician from the South will be able to do that until Nigeria is enlightened enough (especially the North) to allow such. Any president from the South who tries it will be destroyed.

Jonathan could not be trusted with the way he was going. The power brokers knew the man had plans and they had to cut it short. The anthem used was corruption, enabled by Tinubu and co to bring him down. Pray tell, is the present government not twice as corrupt now? So what changed? Why are there no media outbursts?

If Tinubu gets in there and tries it, they'll exterminate him. No president can achieve such by force. Proper consultations, education, and compromise would be needed.

You guys always overrate the north and that's the problem we have in Nigeria. if Obasanjo had tried t, will they exterminate him?
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by Owopariola: 9:57pm On Mar 25, 2021
GreyLaw:

The guy he quoted is from Kebbi, at least from his username. Rise above your hatred!

That someone added Kebbi to his moniker on Nairaland doesn't make him a Kebbi indigene. I'm just letting you know.
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by ozo13(m): 10:07pm On Mar 25, 2021
triple996:
best governor ever
they hate you bt you are the best
they said you won't do anything bt you changed lives
they said you would only embezzle bt you prove them wrong
you transformed our schools
you upgraded our teachers
you rebuilt our infrastructures
you improved our health sector
you rebuilt our markets to modern standerds
you improved our human development index(HDI
you upgraded or transportation sector
you increased our gross domestic product(GDP)
and finally multiply our internal generated revenue(IGR) by almost 200%
i left kaduna 4days ago.the Gov is really trying .from Zaria down to the main kaduna city and other LG like Igabi down to Barnawa i went to visit my people, i see infrastructural projects going on.
To the extent people were even telling me they felt the governor was going to fail starting almost all the projects at once but the way work is going on and the momentum, they
confessed, they had bn proven wrong by El Rufai and his team.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo Becomes Kegites’ Eternal Grand Patron / Nobody Will Be Allowed To Destabilise Nigeria - President Buhari Vows / Clark: Northerners Asking Jonathan, Others To Join Presidential Race Insincere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.