Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon (13599 Views)

El-Rufai: Kaduna Better After Ending Tradition Of Muslim-Christian Leadership / 10 Nigerian States That Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation - TheCableIndex / Nigerian Federal Allocation In Colonial Period (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by ozo13(m): 10:13pm On Mar 25, 2021
Iegendhero:

Yes, you are right.

However, Governors make use of the LG allocation as part of the allocation for their states informally.

Did we ever have any autonomous LG in this democracy?

Governors informally control that money so seizing a LG allocation will harm the state and there are few states in Nigeria that can survive it.

Nooo.i think at a time during obasanjo regime, the local government were controlling their allocation
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by ozo13(m): 10:13pm On Mar 25, 2021
Iegendhero:

Yes, you are right.

However, Governors make use of the LG allocation as part of the allocation for their states informally.

Did we ever have any autonomous LG in this democracy?

Governors informally control that money so seizing a LG allocation will harm the state and there are few states in Nigeria that can survive it.

Nooo.i think at a time during obasanjo regime, the local government were controlling their allocation.
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by GreyLaw(m): 11:18pm On Mar 25, 2021
Owopariola:

You guys always overrate the north and that's the problem we have in Nigeria. if Obasanjo had tried t, will they exterminate him?

OBJ is not Jonathan. The backgrounds are different. But if I may ask, why didn't OBJ do it? See, when you step into that office as the president, documents of ancient agreements from the power brokers and "owners of Nigeria" are brought to you by the secret service. You cannot just wake up from the left side of your bed and change it. You want to die?

See, they would have messed Jonathan up big time if he tried rubbish. Moreover, the man was from a minority tribe. If there ever was a Southerner to do it, it was OBJ. Ojukwu was happy with the Aburi accord until Gowon came back and discarded the document and there was war.

I really hope Nigeria can work tis thing out or there may be disintegration.
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by Owopariola: 11:35pm On Mar 25, 2021
GreyLaw:

OBJ is not Jonathan. The backgrounds are different. But if I may ask, why didn't OBJ do it? See, when you step into that office as the president, documents of ancient agreements from the power brokers and "owners of Nigeria" are brought to you by the secret service. You cannot just wake up from the left side of your bed and change it. You want to die?

See, they would have messed Jonathan up big time if he tried rubbish. Moreover, the man was from a minority tribe. If there ever was a Southerner to do it, it was OBJ. Ojukwu was happy with the Aburi accord until Gowon came back and discarded the document and there was war.

I really hope Nigeria can work tis thing out or there may be disintegration.

You're still overrating rubbish. While it is true no man can do it alone, if you have your loyalists in all places like Buhari, you will do and undo, and nothing will happen.

OBJ couldn't do it cuz OBJ is a fool. He's just like a typical Uncle that only help outsiders but not family. Whatever the reason behind such foolery though.
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by Drupzempire: 12:24am On Mar 26, 2021
JEWELofHELL:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/03/kaduna-to-stop-relying-on-federal-allocation-soon-%E2%80%95-el-rufai/
Well Said my best Governor. All this ipob miscreants calling you names shall be doomed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by PoloG: 12:27am On Mar 26, 2021
Masterkernel1:
Remove Federal infrastructures and see what's left of Lagos.
can you list the federal infrastructures in Lagos?
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by jaxxy(m): 2:22am On Mar 26, 2021
ThreeEyedRaven:
lol. grin grin grin grin

I didnt know El Rufai has a funny side

He has a working and fair template many state governments should emulate. If he’s actually doing what he claims and stated.

I don’t even like him bt I will respect practical and intelligent people than emotional rants of non performers with nothing to offer bt excuses for their grand corruption. undecided
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by bigcasava1(m): 2:45am On Mar 26, 2021
Is he absent minded?
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by Chucks234: 5:46am On Mar 26, 2021
Iegendhero:

Remove Lagos from the list!

It can survive without federal allocation.

The state did it before during OBJ era and it has more financial capacity currently to do the same.

Please stop passing misinformation. The state did not survive without federal allocation. FG witheld LG funds which was usually paid to the state government account. Guess what the total amount was #30billion. You can go to www.cbn.gov.ng or www.nbs.gov.ng #getyourfactsright. Google is free use it stop believing what your hear. Take a conscious effort to verify.
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by udemzyudex(m): 5:48am On Mar 26, 2021
danilmo:

That was TINUBU 2nd tenure for 4years and that birth the rise of Lagos IGR to 20Billion from 600million.

Today Lagos is talking of 80B igr monthly.. How much is federal allocation of 10billion to Lagos

.Trust me Lagos can feed the whole of SW without allocation
Ondo....4B
Osun...2.5B
Ekiti....4B
Oyo....7B
Ogun....9Billion..

What's ur state let me add it to it.. Lol.

Just wait till Dangote refinery and lekki deep port, Lekki free trade zone, Imota rice start and see if Lagos won't start borrowing Nigeria money..like China.

Hahaha I laugh in Chinese, borrow Nigeria? do you know that lagos state is the highest indebted state in Nigeria? let them pay up their debt with the money generated first.

Funny analogy, why is lagos state borrowing since the state make so much money?

You think that's how economic work? even China is owing, same with US.
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by Chucks234: 6:13am On Mar 26, 2021
PoloG:

Yes I can.
1. Apapa sea port, Tincan Island sea port.
2. Murtala mohammed International & local airport.
3. All the major highways in lagos belongs to the FG
e.g 3rd mainland, EKO, carter, Ikorodu Road, Lagos Abeokuta Expway, Oshodi Apapa Exp way, Lagos badagry expway, airport rd etc just to name a few.
4. Lagos university teaching hospital.
5. Unilag, Yabatech, Federal College Technical Akoka and a host of FG colleges
6. Federal fire service, all the military & para military barracks.
7. Festac, 1004 flats and host of housing schemes was built by FG b4 it was sold.
8. Most of the inner roads in Ikeja, Yaba, VI, Ikoyi, Lagos Island etc was originally built by FG.

Just so you know Lagos was the seat of FG b4 1993. All the above mentioned was built with "Crude Oil" money from SS region. I hope this clarifies?

My question for you if you strip out these infrastructures what does Lagos state have?
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by danilmo: 7:15am On Mar 26, 2021
udemzyudex:

Hahaha I laugh in Chinese, borrow Nigeria? do you know that lagos state is the highest indebted state in Nigeria? let them pay up their debt with the money generated first.

Funny analogy, why is lagos state borrowing since the state make so much money?

You think that's how economic work? even China is owing, same with US.

UV answered urself, China is indebt does that mean they have no money to borrow ??
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by danilmo: 7:21am On Mar 26, 2021
Chucks234:

Yes I can.
e.g 3rd mainland, EKO, carter, Ikorodu Road, Lagos Abeokuta Expway, Oshodi Apapa Exp way, Lagos badagry expway, airport rd etc just to name a few.
7. Festac, 1004 flats and host of housing schemes was built by FG b4 it was sold.
8. Most of the inner roads in Ikeja, Yaba, VI, Ikoyi, Lagos Island etc was originally built by FG.

Just so you know Lagos was the seat of FG b4 1993. All the above mentioned was built with "Crude Oil" money from SS region. I hope this clarifies?

My question for you if you strip out these infrastructures what does Lagos state have?

Last time I check rivers state has many of the things u listed out, so how come they aren't richer than Lagos??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by udemzyudex(m): 7:29am On Mar 26, 2021
danilmo:

UV answered urself, China is indebt does that mean they have no money to borrow ??
Stop making it look like lagos can sustain itself and borrow other states too.

If it was that easy lagos won't be the highest indebted state.
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by PoloG: 8:37am On Mar 26, 2021
Chucks234:

Yes I can.

i never knew apapa ports where built with oil money grin grin and I also never knew unilag and yabatech were also built with oil money grin
Nigha give me federal infrastructures built in Lagos with oil money or don't quite me again
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by PoloG: 8:38am On Mar 26, 2021
danilmo:

Last time I check rivers state has many of the things u listed out, so how come they aren't richer than Lagos??
so oil money built the port in Lagos that was use for ferrying slaves to the Americas? grin
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by rowland545(m): 9:44am On Mar 26, 2021
bdon123:

Tank God we hav smart people here who can ask simple questions.Security is not his priority at all.His a one sided governor
its super sad if the number thing he's suppose to do is not on his bucket list
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by ThreeEyedRaven: 11:39am On Mar 26, 2021
Tareq1105:

Kaduna would not need Federal Allocation in 4 yrs when he would have left office.

Why not now when still in the office?
the guy too funny
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 26, 2021
We shall see.
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by Masterkernel1: 2:55pm On Mar 26, 2021
PoloG:

1. Lagos State Gov House
2. All Major bridges in Lagos.
3. 80% of all roads in Lagos.
4. Airports.
5. Seaports
6. Military Installations
7. Federal Housing Units
8. Stadiums

If I may challenge you, what and what has Lagos done on her own?
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by PoloG: 1:02am On Mar 27, 2021
Masterkernel1:
[s]

1. Lagos State Gov House
2. All Major bridges in Lagos.
3. 80% of all roads in Lagos.
4. Airports.
5. Seaports
6. Military Installations
7. Federal Housing Units
8. Stadiums

If I may challenge you, what and what has Lagos done on her own?[/s]
trash
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by Masterkernel1: 8:10am On Mar 27, 2021
PoloG:
trash

Hahahahah... You couldn't help it, right?sorry.
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by oyatz(m): 9:40am On Mar 27, 2021
Kebbiprince:

You gave a condition, which is 'if allowed' to control their resources, of course they will. I'm talking about the present arrangements

What if crude oil is no longer in demand or if it dries up in Nigeria?
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by Kebbiprince: 9:41am On Mar 27, 2021
oyatz:

What if crude oil is no longer in demand or if it dries up in Nigeria?
Till crude oil dries those alternatives will be activated
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by Pasako(m): 10:51am On Mar 27, 2021
Nigeria �� president come 2023
Re: El-Rufai: Kaduna To Stop Relying On Federal Allocation Soon by GreyLaw(m): 10:05pm On Apr 30, 2021
Owopariola:

You're still overrating rubbish. While it is true no man can do it alone, if you have your loyalists in all places like Buhari, you will do and undo, and nothing will happen.

OBJ couldn't do it cuz OBJ is a fool. He's just like a typical Uncle that only help outsiders but not family. Whatever the reason behind such foolery though.

It happens all over the world. All you see is not all there is. It's easy to insult the hell out of them from behind our keypads, but the truth is that if you are not one of the owners of Nigeria, you can never be. That group is filial, it is ethnic and it is a really small group. Interestingly, OBJ is one of them; Jonathan isn't.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anambra Guber: INEC Recognises Ozigbo As PDP Candidate / Bismarck Rewane: VP Osinbajo “Absolutely Correct” On Artificially Low Forex Rate / DPO Shoots Man To Death In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.