Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,516 members, 7,826,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Zamfara Directs DSS, Police To ‘take Action’ Against Unethical Media Platforms - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zamfara Directs DSS, Police To ‘take Action’ Against Unethical Media Platforms (148 Views)

President Tinubu Directs DSS To Vacate EFCC Office Immediately / DSS, Police To Withdraw Operatives From Impeached Edo Speaker, Deputy / DSS, Police Begin Fresh Screening At INEC Collation Centre In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zamfara Directs DSS, Police To ‘take Action’ Against Unethical Media Platforms by Ecstasy154(m): 5:45pm On Mar 25, 2021
The Zamfara state government has directed security agencies to take action against media platforms that operate outside the ethics of the profession

Ibrahim Dosara, Zamfara commissioner for information, disclosed this at a joint media briefing with security agencies on Thursday in Gusau, the state capital.

The commissioner said the state government will monitor media reports and take appropriate action against unprofessional conduct of journalists and social media handlers.

According to NAN, Dosara said the decision was taken as a result of the negative effects of fake reports and unguarded media utterances.

“The Zamfara state government, among its resolutions, recently adopted to take appropriate action against unprofessional conduct in media practices,” he said.

“The state government realises that the print and electronic media activities, especially the social media handlers, undermine the peace process of the state government.

“Let me emphasise here that the state government will never continue to condone the unwholesome act.

“Consequent upon this, the state commissioner of information and security chiefs in the state have been directed to monitor the conduct of media practitioners in the state.

“The commissioner of police, the DSS, the civil defence and I, as commissioner, have been saddled with the responsibility of ensuring compliance with professionalism in media practices, as well as cyber crimes and the violation of public peace, fundamental human rights and the rule of law.”

The commissioner maintained that the government will not allow such media reports sabotage the peace process in the state.

He, however, commended journalists who work in line with the ethics of the profession, give objective and balanced reports, especially security issues, and avoid bias in their reports.

The commissioner also said the government and security agencies will respond quickly to inquiries from the media to issues as they arise.

https://thecable.ng/zamfara-directs-dss-police-to-take-action-against-unethical-media-platforms
Re: Zamfara Directs DSS, Police To ‘take Action’ Against Unethical Media Platforms by NwaNimo1(m): 5:47pm On Mar 25, 2021
Re: Zamfara Directs DSS, Police To ‘take Action’ Against Unethical Media Platforms by Dailybell(f): 5:55pm On Mar 25, 2021
cry
Re: Zamfara Directs DSS, Police To ‘take Action’ Against Unethical Media Platforms by Fahdiga(m): 5:57pm On Mar 25, 2021
Incompetent government. if you are doing well you wouldn't be afraid of the media
Re: Zamfara Directs DSS, Police To ‘take Action’ Against Unethical Media Platforms by ProphetAjasco: 6:06pm On Mar 25, 2021
I see, I saw........ I don't see the people in that government having sense anytime soon.....

So I have seen and So shall it be.
Re: Zamfara Directs DSS, Police To ‘take Action’ Against Unethical Media Platforms by tit(f): 6:08pm On Mar 25, 2021
Nice.
DSS will arest this unruly nairaland
Re: Zamfara Directs DSS, Police To ‘take Action’ Against Unethical Media Platforms by JAOS(m): 6:09pm On Mar 25, 2021
Good! I hope the won't only ban nairaland but also arrest this senseless people here cause the hate emanating from here can start an ethnic war

Re: Zamfara Directs DSS, Police To ‘take Action’ Against Unethical Media Platforms by Henrydonland(m): 6:10pm On Mar 25, 2021
ProphetAjasco:
I see, I saw........ I don't see the people in that government having sense anytime soon.....

So I have seen and So shall it be.

E be like say you one steal falseprophet work.

(1) (Reply)

Will There Be A Third World War? / Buhari To Visit UK For Medical Check Up / Easter: Gombe Governor Felicitates With Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.