Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,452 members, 7,819,665 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Illbliss: Burnaboy's Success Should Be One Of The Most Motivationals Of Our Time - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Illbliss: Burnaboy's Success Should Be One Of The Most Motivationals Of Our Time (13658 Views)

Illbliss And Wife Welcome Second Child, Rapper Shares A Heart-Touching Story / Illbliss Harassed By SARS Searching For Tramadol / Sinful Friday With Seyi Hunter Uncensored: I’m The Sex Goddess Of Our Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Illbliss: Burnaboy's Success Should Be One Of The Most Motivationals Of Our Time by Emilokoiyawon: 10:53pm On Mar 25, 2021
Burna is NOT the First Nigerian born artist to win Grammy. Indomie generation should stop spreading fake news. And nothing special about Burna's talent. Tekno, KizzDaniel, and Flavor just to name a few, are far more talented. Grammy is who you know. If PDiddy and Angelique Kidjo stand by you and you no win Grammy then you are useless.

1 Like

Re: Illbliss: Burnaboy's Success Should Be One Of The Most Motivationals Of Our Time by Emilokoiyawon: 11:07pm On Mar 25, 2021
Mairice125:
Come on as talented has Chris brown he got just one Grammy.Grammy is so technical they stand for originality

And what is original about Burna's music? What is he singing that we have not heard before? Guy, Grammy na man know man. Without Angelique Kidjo and P Diddy Burna will not get nominated let alone win. You Africans who have never lived amongst whites think everything they do is on merit...na lie.

1 Like

Re: Illbliss: Burnaboy's Success Should Be One Of The Most Motivationals Of Our Time by hedonido: 11:09pm On Mar 25, 2021
Illy!
Re: Illbliss: Burnaboy's Success Should Be One Of The Most Motivationals Of Our Time by Mairice125: 11:30pm On Mar 25, 2021
You are not getting it ,Most Africa Artist don't promote our culture.Fela was ,and Burna boy is trying to send Africa music, cultures and value ti the world .You don't know who is Burna boy ......just bone am is just on another level.Note: Breast and big hips ,massive yansh songs will never win a Grammy [qquote author=Emilokoiyawon post=100215600]

And what is original about Burna's music? What is he singing that we have not heard before? Guy, Grammy na man know man. Without Angelique Kidjo and P Diddy Burna will not get nominated let alone win. You Africans who have never lived amongst whites think everything they do is on merit...na lie.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Illbliss: Burnaboy's Success Should Be One Of The Most Motivationals Of Our Time by ayanbadejo68166: 11:32pm On Mar 25, 2021
:Wizkid and Davido are busy bringing home more kids instead of Grammy.That a great achievement tho
Re: Illbliss: Burnaboy's Success Should Be One Of The Most Motivationals Of Our Time by ezewealth(m): 11:35pm On Mar 25, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

He is not the first.
Sikiru Adepoju and Babatunde Olatunji in 1991, won a Grammy award ‘Best World Music Album‘ category for their work in the album Planet Drum produced by Mickey Hart.

Another Nigerian in 2006, Olalekan Babalola, a jazz percussionist, won a Grammy for his work on Cassandra Wilson’s album titled Loverly. He went on to win another Grammy award in 2009, for his work on Ali Farka Toure’s In the Heart of the Moon album.
those ppl are British, dey just have Nigerian root

burna dey different, he win am from naija
Re: Illbliss: Burnaboy's Success Should Be One Of The Most Motivationals Of Our Time by Mairice125: 11:42pm On Mar 25, 2021
How many grannies has Pdidy won ? You don't know how prestigious Grammy award is
Emilokoiyawon:
Burna is NOT the First Nigerian born artist to win Grammy. Indomie generation should stop spreading fake news. And nothing special about Burna's talent. Tekno, KizzDaniel, and Flavor just to name a few, are far more talented. Grammy is who you know. If PDiddy and Angelique Kidjo stand by you and you no win Grammy then you are useless.
Re: Illbliss: Burnaboy's Success Should Be One Of The Most Motivationals Of Our Time by Duplexxx: 3:18am On Mar 26, 2021
Make una let person hear word

Burna boy here and there for just one Grammy
Re: Illbliss: Burnaboy's Success Should Be One Of The Most Motivationals Of Our Time by Jaqenhghar: 7:05am On Mar 26, 2021
ezewealth:

those ppl are British, dey just have Nigerian root

burna dey different, he win am from naija
Please do some research before you embarrass yourself.
Re: Illbliss: Burnaboy's Success Should Be One Of The Most Motivationals Of Our Time by UpdatesiOS147(m): 7:41am On Mar 26, 2021
Burna na egede man
Wen know say way forward na orientation.
Glorious !!! All over the world aye !!
Re: Illbliss: Burnaboy's Success Should Be One Of The Most Motivationals Of Our Time by geolabious(m): 9:40am On Mar 26, 2021
GolDRoger:

Can you provide me the link to download this DJ mix by Kentucky "Party shutdown" 1k recharge for you thanks

https://tooxclusive.com/tooxclusive-presents-dj-kentalky-party-shutdown-mixtape-volume-1/
Re: Illbliss: Burnaboy's Success Should Be One Of The Most Motivationals Of Our Time by ezewealth(m): 10:39am On Mar 26, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Please do some research before you embarrass yourself.
this is one for an example, tell me more names, let me prove to you, they spent most of the life singing aboard, which are citizen of, n they sing British/american genre of song.
burna won with Nigerian Genre of song, right from naija, that is y is loud. even Akon no get grammy upon say him dey sing american pattan. I no get time to argue with you
Re: Illbliss: Burnaboy's Success Should Be One Of The Most Motivationals Of Our Time by Jaqenhghar: 12:18pm On Mar 26, 2021
ezewealth:

this is one for an example, tell me more names, let me prove to you, they spent most of the life singing aboard, which are citizen of, n they sing British/american genre of song.
burna won with Nigerian Genre of song, right from naija, that is y is loud. even Akon no get grammy upon say him dey sing american pattan. I no get time to argue with you
Proove? What have you proven? Just because you say so doesnt mean it is proof.

See dumb argument abeg. Thise two I mentioned what genre did they use? In fact the category he won under is specifically for artists outside the US so what are you saying? If he had won best album outshining the US artists then you have a right to bray all you want.
Akon no get grammy even Elvis presley the king of rock never won a grammy, does that mean anything?
Like I said go and take a sit cos you sound very very naive

1 Like

Re: Illbliss: Burnaboy's Success Should Be One Of The Most Motivationals Of Our Time by SweetDipBenny(m): 1:22pm On Mar 26, 2021
ProphetAjasco:
I see, I saw........ I see Burna Boy facing Judgement throne, I see Angel Gabriel cutting off his dreads with razor while Angel Michael is planking his yansh with 2 by 4. They are asking him "Na this thing we send you go do for the world?" What a sorry sight...... cry

So I have seen and So shall it be.
Put down d smoke for a bit
Let d smoke rest a bit
Re: Illbliss: Burnaboy's Success Should Be One Of The Most Motivationals Of Our Time by ezewealth(m): 1:57pm On Mar 26, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Proove? What have you proven? Just because you say so doesnt mean it is proof.

See dumb argument abeg. Thise two I mentioned what genre did they use? In fact the category he won under is specifically for artists outside the US so what are you saying? If he had won best album outshining the US artists then you have a right to bray all you want.
Akon no get grammy even Elvis presley the king of rock never won a grammy, does that mean anything?
Like I said go and take a sit cos you sound very very naive
sorry the picture I post didn't upload, it was the picture of Sade Abu. A British with Nigerian roots.
u don't understand my argument oga. Nigerian DAT have won the Grammy are ppl DAT most spend most their life in aboard singing, most Nigerian don't even know they Nigerians self. burna Boy won the award singing Nigerian genre of songs. that is why ppl are praising him. (Nigerian genre I mean with pigin language, Afro beat, using ethnic language)
Re: Illbliss: Burnaboy's Success Should Be One Of The Most Motivationals Of Our Time by Jaqenhghar: 2:03pm On Mar 26, 2021
ezewealth:

sorry the picture I post didn't upload, it was the picture of Sade Abu. A British with Nigerian roots.
u don't understand my argument oga. Nigerian DAT have won the Grammy are ppl DAT most spend most their life in aboard singing, most Nigerian don't even know they Nigerians self. burna Boy won the award singing Nigerian genre of songs. that is why ppl are praising him.
Wallahi you guys are something else. See as you dey shift goal posts
First you said he is the first I brought out 2 Nigerians one of whicj has won it twice.
Yousaid they didnt use Nigerian music genre when did our talking drum become a foreign instrument?
You are now saying they are based in UK. Is the Burna boy not currently living in the UK? Does his music even sound Nigerian? He sounds like one of these mumble rappers and some of his songs sounds like reggae. Mr. Man believe whatever you want to believe Im done here.

1 Like

Re: Illbliss: Burnaboy's Success Should Be One Of The Most Motivationals Of Our Time by Thomist(m): 7:38pm On Mar 26, 2021
Awesomeness2:
e no lie sha., that guy is the first Nigerian to win this unlike those noise making kids.. Burna boy is a legend...
Say what you know. He is not the first. And can't be the last.
Re: Illbliss: Burnaboy's Success Should Be One Of The Most Motivationals Of Our Time by Thomist(m): 7:41pm On Mar 26, 2021
Burna boy is a King. Check out the new artiste he signed just recently, the guy too dey try, his name is depounds. Check out the guy's new song called Hustle www.audiomack.com/depounds/song/hustle
Re: Illbliss: Burnaboy's Success Should Be One Of The Most Motivationals Of Our Time by FishLaps: 7:41pm On Mar 26, 2021
ok

Re: Illbliss: Burnaboy's Success Should Be One Of The Most Motivationals Of Our Time by ezewealth(m): 8:28pm On Mar 26, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Wallahi you guys are something else. See as you dey shift goal posts
First you said he is the first I brought out 2 Nigerians one of whicj has won it twice.
Yousaid they didnt use Nigerian music genre when did our talking drum become a foreign instrument?
You are now saying they are based in UK. Is the Burna boy not currently living in the UK? Does his music even sound Nigerian? He sounds like one of these mumble rappers and some of his songs sounds like reggae. Mr. Man believe whatever you want to believe Im done here.
baba I no go argue with you again. do you know what genre comprises of, it is style and beat. burna boy dey sings confirm Afro beat and Nigerian pattern, which one is mumble rap, u wan tell me DAT burna n future, migos dey sing d same style, are you high?. can't u differentiate between afro African hiphop and American hiphop style.
burna boy is naija home grown singer. wizkid, is he not base in USA?. but he is naija home grown singer. they are different from wale n jidenna DAT sings American pattern,becos dats where dey started dia music career. although dey do feature with home grown naija singers. you ppl keep on mentioning Nigerians in diaspora, dat have little or no knowledge about their root country.
Re: Illbliss: Burnaboy's Success Should Be One Of The Most Motivationals Of Our Time by Jaqenhghar: 8:42pm On Mar 26, 2021
ezewealth:

baba I no go argue with you again. do you know what genre comprises of, it is style and beat. burna boy dey sings confirm Afro beat and Nigerian pattern, which one is mumble rap, u wan tell me DAT burna n future, migos dey sing d same style, are you high?. can't u differentiate between afro African hiphop and American hiphop style.
burna boy is naija home grown singer. wizkid, is he not base in USA?. but he is naija home grown singer. they are different from wale n jidenna DAT sings American pattern,becos dats where dey started dia music career. although dey do feature with home grown naija singers. you ppl keep on mentioning Nigerians in diaspora, dat have little or no knowledge about their root country.
Keep yapping.

1 Like

Re: Illbliss: Burnaboy's Success Should Be One Of The Most Motivationals Of Our Time by candygist: 10:02pm On Mar 26, 2021
Gwan2:
Yes, I’m hating.

The fact you woke up and didn’t drink sniper or kill yourself means there is at least an iota of hope in you and you still believe in yourself.

Burna boy is burna boy....you are you....allow us rest please

Calm down, no body is fighting with you. Drink water
Re: Illbliss: Burnaboy's Success Should Be One Of The Most Motivationals Of Our Time by GolDRoger: 7:37pm On Mar 27, 2021

Re: Illbliss: Burnaboy's Success Should Be One Of The Most Motivationals Of Our Time by geolabious(m): 11:43am On Mar 28, 2021
GolDRoger:

This is what it's showing

The file was removed by the owner
Re: Illbliss: Burnaboy's Success Should Be One Of The Most Motivationals Of Our Time by GolDRoger: 6:29pm On Mar 29, 2021
geolabious:

The file was removed by the owner
I really need that Mixtape

1 Like

Re: Illbliss: Burnaboy's Success Should Be One Of The Most Motivationals Of Our Time by hucknall: 3:41pm On Mar 30, 2021
Thrash upon Thrash [s]
post=100210341:
True that.

Oluwaburna all da way.

Number One AFRICAN GIANT.

Odogwu like dem MANNA.

Chop life and Enjoy the life of your head Burna.

People will always wail to good things in life.
Any negative and pessimistic are the only things that bring them happiness.
Losers always want to drag other people into their miseries in life.
Make una dey jump am pass good people.
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bbnaija's Alex Gets Endorsement Deal With Jenesis Colony / Beyonce Supports Gay Marriage / Omoni Oboli Shares Family Photo Amidst Court Injunction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.