Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,084 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Yoruba Groups Set June 12 As Referendum Date - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Groups Set June 12 As Referendum Date (23552 Views)

Faleke: Over 5,000 Tinubu And Shettima Support Groups Set To Merge / Breaking!!! IPOB Announces Biafra REFERENDUM Date / June 12 As Democracy Day Needs To Be Reconsidered, By Bashir Tofa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Groups Set June 12 As Referendum Date by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 26, 2021
Grgton:
southern Nigeria would be better

Our aim is not to create a mini Nigeria. Our aim is to create a viable country for the Yoruba people.

According to the United Nations, we have the right to self determination.

No one can or will take that right away from us.

We will exercise that right irrespective of what anyone feels about it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Groups Set June 12 As Referendum Date by optimus106(m): 12:47pm On Mar 26, 2021
tutudesz:
4 parts or 6 parts

you mean geo political zones?
give me ur break down...
Re: Yoruba Groups Set June 12 As Referendum Date by VictorUSA(m): 12:47pm On Mar 26, 2021
Nigeria should be divided into 36 different countries.
Re: Yoruba Groups Set June 12 As Referendum Date by TheNeededShock(m): 12:49pm On Mar 26, 2021
Don't blame the government if you didn't participate in the last election, you're complaining of fulani rule but you don't have your voters card, yet fulani's in Niger Republic have nigerian voters card, get your voter cards, encourage your brothers and sisters in benin republic and Cameroon to get their voters card...two can play this game....the south is only slacking.
Re: Yoruba Groups Set June 12 As Referendum Date by jaxxy(m): 12:50pm On Mar 26, 2021
PHijo:

Nigeria is a fraud!

Mention one reason why it isn't. Buhari made the fraud a lot more obvious. Maybe we should thank him for that.

Fraud yes bt that how every other country fixed their frauds, overcame it and became better. Fix Ure fraud. undecided

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Groups Set June 12 As Referendum Date by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 26, 2021
[quote author=Fiscus105 post=100229780][/quote]

Congratulations. So your life is now perfect.

You got a salary increment which will be rendered useless should you or any of your dearly beloved family member fall into the hands of Fulani kidnappers.

Maybe your salary increment has helped you purchase a helicopter so that you won't perish on Nigeria's nightmare roads.

With this wonderful salary increment, I hope you now have electricity 24/7.

I hope you're saving the increment in your salary so that when any family member is sick, you can fly them off to the abroad for medical tourism like your leaders.

Also, make sure you don't spend any of that increase o, so that you can send your kids to the best school abroad to avoid strike by ASUU in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Groups Set June 12 As Referendum Date by tutudesz: 12:54pm On Mar 26, 2021
optimus106:

you mean geo political zones?

give me ur break down...
You Igbo think South South will follow you undecided
Re: Yoruba Groups Set June 12 As Referendum Date by PHijo(m): 12:56pm On Mar 26, 2021
jaxxy:

Fraud yes bt that how every other country fixed their frauds, overcame it and became better. Fix Ure fraud. undecided

Many other countries like Nigeria split. That's one of the best options.

Split it since people are greedy and have refused to be honest to themselves.

You can't keep on running a country at the expense of some ethnic groups.
Re: Yoruba Groups Set June 12 As Referendum Date by Jeon(f): 12:57pm On Mar 26, 2021
michaelpop50:
v

V for
A mystery man named V sets out to exact revenge for his wife's brutal murder. However, he must evade a police officer, who is determined to catch him.

2. Vitafoam

3. Van

4. Vaseline

5. V was born Kim Tae-hyung on December 30, 1995, in the Seo District of Daegu, South Korea, and grew up in Geochang County.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Groups Set June 12 As Referendum Date by captainamiedi1: 12:58pm On Mar 26, 2021
FrLukas:

Afraid to go back to your region?

Nigeria is my region.
Re: Yoruba Groups Set June 12 As Referendum Date by Laslaslala: 12:58pm On Mar 26, 2021
Racoon:

http://saharareporters.com/2021/03/18/why-yorubas-are-leaving-nigeria-now-bayo-oluwasanmi

Just imagine! There you have it-the famed one Nigeria they are shouting about.This nation is a monumental fraud.

Its very unfortunate that u Yorubas are just waking up to reality
We have always told you guys but u preferred to see us as enemies than the Fulani's that has continued to take over your land and make u refugees of of smaller nations around

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Groups Set June 12 As Referendum Date by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 26, 2021
TheNeededShock:
Yoruba's should start by even getting their voters card....the political indifference in the south west is alarming...most of this people even talking about oduduwa, 2023 and all don't even have a voters card....

You've been voting since 1999 how has it helped you out the country?

Your mind is on the elections of 2023, which will never happen.
Re: Yoruba Groups Set June 12 As Referendum Date by Misterone: 1:03pm On Mar 26, 2021
GuyWise101:
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

The truth is Yorubas don't have any intention in seperating and staying apart they just want to make noise and give a fake impression.
Truth is these idiots are being sponsored by a particular party as a means to grabbing power in 2023. this is part of the master plan for PDP take over in 2023. create an atmosphere of insecurity, instability and insincerity so that rhe region would see them as saviour. the master plan was to have been lunched in 2019 but Buhari suprised them. now they are going for the jugular.
Re: Yoruba Groups Set June 12 As Referendum Date by jaxxy(m): 1:04pm On Mar 26, 2021
PHijo:

Many other countries like Nigeria split. That's one of the best options.

Split it since people are greedy and have refused to be honest to themselves.

You can't keep on running a country at the expense of some ethnic groups.

Many also didn’t spilt. If u split because of one ethnic group u will still split several times more. U must find ways to address ur problems 1st.

I do agree since no1 wants to agree to a working framework we must find alternatives.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Groups Set June 12 As Referendum Date by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 26, 2021
captainamiedi1:

Nigeria is my region.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You be proper comedian.

Many of you guys talking here are really just kids after all.

The Fulanis in the North of Nigeria regard the Fulanis outside Nigeria as their brothers and not you lots down south.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Groups Set June 12 As Referendum Date by TheNeededShock(m): 1:08pm On Mar 26, 2021
FrLukas:

You've been voting since 1999 how has it helped you out the country?

Your mind is on the elections of 2023, which will never happen.

Trust me I have never believed in this project called Nigeria, but if you want to be truthful and realistic with yourself you'd know that succession is highly unlikely unless it ends with war.... truthfully ask yourself if you voted in the last elections, ask yourself how many of your family and friends you encouraged to vote...

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Groups Set June 12 As Referendum Date by Nobody: 1:11pm On Mar 26, 2021
[quote author=Fiscus105 post=100229780][/quote]

I have replied you once. I don't need to reply you anymore no matter how much you edit your response.

Only lazy louts think they must be in a nigeria that doesn't work.

Only i.mbeciles do not have a mind of their own and are afraid of change.

You are afraid that we will deport you when we get Yoruba nation, right?

Don't be scared. You can always apply for visa.

But that Yorubas won't break away from Nigeria, you are only making big fools of yourselves.

What is being reported here on Nairaland is like a tiny drop to an ocean of what very many people in many countries are doing underground to actualize this.

So, if you like, cry privately or publicly if you are part of those benefiting from the dysfunction called Nigeria, we aren't concerned.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Groups Set June 12 As Referendum Date by PHijo(m): 1:12pm On Mar 26, 2021
jaxxy:

Many also didn’t spilt. If u split because of one ethnic group u will still split several times more. U must find ways to address ur problems 1st.

I do agree since no1 wants to agree to a working framework we must find alternatives.

Most successful countries have just one indigenous or dominant ethnic group. That has been one of Nigeria's biggest problem. Constant conflict. All the gains made in Jonathan's 5 years in office have been reversed by bigotry and religious radicalism.

The same people who opposed Jonathan are now silent today. Above anything else, that proved beyond doubt that Nigeria is a fraud solely interested on feeding fat on the resources of certain groups.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Groups Set June 12 As Referendum Date by AmuAwusa: 1:16pm On Mar 26, 2021
Give them a bowl of amala and watch them tongue twist back to one Nigeria.Cowards!
Re: Yoruba Groups Set June 12 As Referendum Date by Fiscus105(m): 1:17pm On Mar 26, 2021
FrLukas:

You got a salary increment which will be rendered useless should you or any of your dearly beloved family member fall into the hands of Fulani kidnappers.

Maybe your salary increment has helped you purchase a helicopter so that you won't perish on Nigeria's nightmare roads.

I hope you're saving the increment in your salary so that when any family member is sick, you can fly them off to the abroad for medical tourism like your leaders.

Also, make sure you don't spend any of that increase o, so that you can send your kids to the best school abroad to avoid strike by ASUU in Nigeria.

You ask for my gain I told u, yet u keep wailing. What I knw in naija system is that the person you knw at the top is a factor, take it or leave it. With time you may understand
Re: Yoruba Groups Set June 12 As Referendum Date by tishbite41(m): 1:19pm On Mar 26, 2021
FrLukas:

It is destined that Yorubas will be the first to raise their independent Yoruba nation flag officially.

Mark my words.
story for the gods. Lekki comes to mind.
Re: Yoruba Groups Set June 12 As Referendum Date by jaxxy(m): 1:20pm On Mar 26, 2021
PHijo:

Most successful countries have just one indigenous or dominant ethnic group. That has been one of Nigeria's biggest problem. Constant conflict. All the gains made in Jonathan's 5 years in office have been reversed by bigotry and religious radicalism.

The same people who opposed Jonathan are now silent today. Above anything else, that proved beyond doubt that Nigeria is a fraud solely interested on feeding fat on the resources of certain groups.

Everybody has resources and everyone can need support at any point in time. The south south shud stop acting selfish. The world is still spinning. What I don’t support is cheating them or wasting valuable resources. Bt then it has become evident the south south has their own internal issues, grand corruption and misgovernance.

Jonathan gave us a glimpse and nndc as shown us how they governan their own selves and people. There are many fundamental issues to be dealt with here beyond ethnic issues quite obviously.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Groups Set June 12 As Referendum Date by walexbiz(m): 1:21pm On Mar 26, 2021
I do like the idea of a referendum so that people can vote to determine their own fate but unfortunately the political elite of the west wouldn't support the idea because the outcome of such event may not favor their societal standing. A man like Tinubu is indispose to the idea because he is nursing the idea of becoming the president of Nigeria. The man has totally abandon the idea of restructuring just to satiate the mood of the political northern elites.

personally, I don't think the time is ripe for such move because I would have preferred the organizers to make more awareness, disseminate `the pros and cons of the referendum and when the momentum is built up then the idea of the referendum can then be placed at the footstep of people of the west to determine their own fate and I bet you when the masses key into this agenda there would be no going back.
Re: Yoruba Groups Set June 12 As Referendum Date by Pelxmiye(m): 1:22pm On Mar 26, 2021
FrLukas:

You hammered him real hard with nice points, buharists are delusional people

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Groups Set June 12 As Referendum Date by optimus106(m): 1:24pm On Mar 26, 2021
tutudesz:

You Igbo think South South will follow you undecided

I am from the South and don't remember asking u any question or cant you see I mentioned someone?
Re: Yoruba Groups Set June 12 As Referendum Date by Thomist(m): 1:24pm On Mar 26, 2021
A living creature, has every right to be free.
We are in a free world. And is life. Just confirm it yourself, Imagine if someone lock u up, you don't progress even when you know you can change your condition, nothing.

One thing is sure, If Igbo did not succeed in moving out of Nigeria this era, the coming generations will be merciless to Nigeria.

Nigeria leaders are the most foolish individuals in the entire human race. Imagine a country so hated by the majority of its own citizens.
Re: Yoruba Groups Set June 12 As Referendum Date by Pelxmiye(m): 1:24pm On Mar 26, 2021
Misterone:
Truth is these idiots are being sponsored by a particular party as a means to grabbing power in 2023. this is part of the master plan for PDP take over in 2023. create an atmosphere of insecurity, instability and insincerity so that rhe region would see them as saviour. the master plan was to have been lunched in 2019 but Buhari suprised them. now they are going for the jugular.

Ode, who did Buhari ,you abi?
Re: Yoruba Groups Set June 12 As Referendum Date by Nobody: 1:24pm On Mar 26, 2021
TheNeededShock:

Trust me I have never believed in this project called Nigeria, but if you want to be truthful and realistic with yourself you'd know that succession is highly unlikely unless it ends with war.... truthfully ask yourself if you voted in the last elections, ask yourself how many of your family and friends you encouraged to vote...

I'm sure you think if you vote, the violence in Nigeria will stop.

The North voted for Buhari en masse, how are they faring right now?

Those in Ibarapa area of Oyo state voted for Seyi Makinde. How well did he protect them from the onslaught that has become their reality.

The Ogun state indigenes that are now refugees in Benin Republic, I'm sure they also came out to vote for their governor and president. Maybe their sojourn to Benin Republic is for vacation.

You guys don't get the point do you?

Some of the bandits that were caught revealed to the pressmen who interviewed them that it was the FG of Nigeria that supplied weapons to them.

We saw the DSS lifting and dropping off thugs to dismantle the EndSars protests in Abuja.

All these have destroyed the legitimacy of the Nigerian government.

Take all those and add to them the fact that the 100 years agreement on amalgamation expired 7 years ago.

Then couple all those with the fact that the constitution you are carrying about in Nigeria was composed and bequeathed to Nigerians by the illegitimate military government of Abubakar.

Everything about Nigeria screams illegal. Even the law is illegal. Swearing by na illegal document such as the "constitution" that was written by a military junta makes your government illegal, null and void.

Instead of the government to bring together all the parties and stakeholders to a roundtable, Alhaji Muhammadu Bigot Buhari is placing his ethnic group over the nation's interests.

Is that a country you want to continue to vote in?

The Yorubas are over 50 million and even if they were less, they deserve to exercise their God-given rights to determine how they want to live, how they want to be ruled and who they want to associate with.

Nigeria is a signatory to this United Nation's charter.

So all the hellish forces in Nigeria can't stop the eventual secession of the Yorubas from Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Groups Set June 12 As Referendum Date by Pelxmiye(m): 1:26pm On Mar 26, 2021
FrLukas:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You be proper comedian.

Many of you guys talking here are really just kids after all.

The Fulanis in the North of Nigeria regard the Fulanis outside Nigeria as their brothers and not you lots down south.

Exactly, even more reason to split and restrict their movement and influx into the South

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Groups Set June 12 As Referendum Date by tutudesz: 1:26pm On Mar 26, 2021
optimus106:

I am from the South and don't remember asking u any question or cant you see I mentioned someone?

You quoted me and I replied
Re: Yoruba Groups Set June 12 As Referendum Date by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 26, 2021
Pelxmiye:

Exactly, even more reason to split and restrict their movement and influx into the South

Fact!
Re: Yoruba Groups Set June 12 As Referendum Date by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 26, 2021
Awoo88:
Tis na gimmick to get the presidency. Tinubu game plane. Get yoruba talking about succession so the North will be force to back them
But since Igbos have been talking about secession, no one is interested in listening to them or giving them the presidency. Is Yoruba not a superior tribe now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tribunal Upholds Ajimobi’s Election As Oyo Governor / Boko Haram Targets Guardian, Daily Trust / Describe Your Governor's Performance In 2013 In One Word?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.