Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,523 members, 7,836,998 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Adieu Buhari? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adieu Buhari? (2361 Views)

Adieu..........rip In Jesus Name (amen) / Adieu HID Awolowo / Adieu Professor Festus Iyayi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adieu Buhari? by switch47(m): 1:31pm On Apr 16, 2011
I voted for Goodluck today and everybody around me voted 4 goodluck as well.
Re: Adieu Buhari? by Arosa(m): 1:40pm On Apr 16, 2011
Buhari gave us discipline, granted! But at what cost? His boys (Babangida ,Abacha and abdusalam)took over from him to rape Naija in turns. Now that democracy is here, he wants to come back to do what? undecided
I don’t like any of these retired generals , they are all the same “clique”. Buhari proved this by saying that his boy Abacha was not corrupt. embarassed Nobody needs them, they should leave us the Bleep alone. angry
Re: Adieu Buhari? by Rossikk(m): 1:45pm On Apr 16, 2011
Where does this man get the money to contest election after election?
Re: Adieu Buhari? by Beaf: 4:58pm On Apr 16, 2011
Rossikk:

Where does this man get the money to contest election after election?

Million dollar question. cool
Re: Adieu Buhari? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 16, 2011
I mean this man jailed Fela? Unforgiveable. He destroyed a democratic government and wish to be democratically elected? That is too unfortunate!

It's NOT like I'm saying he is not a changed man, but the truth is, this a nation of 150mill people. In this case the angel unknown is better than the known devil.
How dare this guy come back seriously.  And he in last decade called for Sharia in Nigeria.  Nigerians currently have a reason to not vote a northern muslim which is SHARIA.  Especially a muslim who openly supported the barbaric dark age law.

Must suck for these old folks to be dealing with the coming generation lol!!

My generation is relaxed. this is the generation a kid won't listen to his or her parents and go by his own conviction. many will go wrong and many more will go right. We can't all be right because then we won't know what wrong is and therefore might fall for the wrong one.  Some have to be wrong and some right for all to work towards the right one. Welcome to Psychological philosophy of humanity!!!

I GOT AN A IN ADVANCED METAPHYSICS!!! ONLY NIGERIAN IN PHILOSOPHY IN MY SCHOOL AND I'M DOING EXTREMELY WELL!!!!! MORE WEED FOR ME grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Adieu Buhari? by bkbabe97y(m): 9:30pm On Apr 16, 2011
9jaganja:

I mean this man jailed Fela? Unforgiveable. He destroyed a democratic government and wish to be democratically elected? That is too unfortunate!

It's like I'm saying he is not a changed man, but the truth is, this a nation of 150mill people. In this case the angel unknown is better than the known devil.
How dare this guy come back seriously,  And he in last decade called for Sharia in Nigeria,  Nigerians currently have a reason to not vote a northern muslim which is SHARIA,  Especially a muslim who openly supported the barbaric dark age law.

Must suck for these old folks to be dealing with the coming generation lol!!

My generation is relaxed. this is the generation a kid won't listen to his or her parents and go by his own conviction. many will go wrong and many more will go right. We can't all be right because then we won't know what wrong is and therefore might fall for the wrong one,  Some have to be wrong and some right for all to work towards the right one,  Welcome to Psychological philosophy of humanity!!!

I GOT AN A IN ADVANCED METAPHYSICS!!! ONLY NIGERIAN IN PHILOSOPHY IN MY SCHOOL AND I'M DOING EXTREMELY WELL!!!!! MORE WEED FOR ME grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

First off, where u been homie?

I spent a long time reading about Nigeria's Second Republic and I've come to the conclusion that theres was nothing else the military at that time could do---the Politicians were just too corrupt, the people were tired, and a coup was a welcome relief! Believe it or not, if the politicians in this current dispensation keep going the same route the military is coming back! Nowhere on earth do politicians earn Millions of Dollars/Annum while the people live on approximately $60/month!

Buhari DID NOT "destroy" a "Democratic" or "legitimate" Govt.; He took out a criminal one. His mistake was not rounding them all up and putting a fuxcking bullet btwn their fat faces. Have you ever read of Umar Dikko? No? Read up on him.

Besides, the Second Republic elections were skewered and rigged against the Real winner (Chief Obafemi Awolowo); so u go figure. . . . . . 

If Buhari was really a tribalist, and not a nationalist, he coulda looked the other way and not taken over Government. Afterall, A NORTHERNER LIKE HIMSELF WAS IN POWER AS PRESIDENT!

The coup of Dec.1983 was a very necessary and needed action!
Re: Adieu Buhari? by johnie: 9:42pm On Apr 16, 2011
Are you actually canvassing a military take over?
Re: Adieu Buhari? by spoOne: 10:19pm On Apr 16, 2011
My Vote was for Goodluck, not PDP, I voted ACN for Sen and Assem.
Re: Adieu Buhari? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Apr 16, 2011
bk.babe97y:

First off, where u been homie?

I spent a long time reading about Nigeria's Second Republic and I've come to the conclusion that theres was nothing else the military at that time could do---the Politicians were just too corrupt, the people were tired, and a coup was a welcome relief! Believe it or not, if the politicians in this current dispensation keep going the same route the military is coming back! Nowhere on earth do politicians earn Millions of Dollars/Annum while the people live on approximately $60/month!

Buhari DID NOT "destroy" a "Democratic" or "legitimate" Govt.; He took out a criminal one. His mistake was not rounding them all up and putting a fuxcking bullet btwn their fat faces. Have you ever read of Umar Dikko? No? Read up on him.

Besides, the Second Republic elections were skewered and rigged against the Real winner (Chief Obafemi Awolowo); so u go figure. . . . . . 

If Buhari was really a tribalist, and not a nationalist, he coulda looked the other way and not taken over Government. Afterall, A NORTHERNER LIKE HIMSELF WAS IN POWER AS PRESIDENT!

But he jailed Fela Kuti! Fela is no politician, he was just a musician who says what's on his mind and what he sees. It was during Buhati that there was the foreign reserve scandal wasn't it, I'm no fan of GEJ or Ribadu but I think they are both lesser evil. And Buhari openly supported Sharia and has not apologized since then leaving room for doubts about his stand, I can't have two fanatics as president and vice, Yes Bakare is a Christian who also believes in old Christian Ideologies,

That bb team is too much risk,
Re: Adieu Buhari? by johnie: 9:12am On Apr 18, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Believe it or not, if the politicians in this current dispensation keep going the same route the military is coming back! Nowhere on earth do politicians earn Millions of Dollars/Annum while the people live on approximately $60/month!

[/b]

Even IBB, a major beneficiary of military governments has renounced military rule:

FORMER Head of State, Gen Ibrahim Babangida on Saturday announced his final withdrawal from active politics, saying that it is time for the young generation to take over the leadership of the country.

He, however, canvassed a five-party system as the best option for the country against the 63 registered political parties.

Answering questions after casting his vote at the Up Hill polling station, Sabon Gari, Minna, Babangida said he believes there will be a realignment of political parties in the future, adding that he tried two political parties but hopes the number could be brought to a manageable size of five.

Accompanied by his daughter, Halima and son, Mohammed, the former Head of State said that he is still a member of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and that as a founding father, would never leave PDP for another party.

On the chances of the PDP winning the presidential election, Babangida said, “Going by what I have been reading in the newspapers, everybody has a chance. Politics is like a game; if you lose, try again and that is the essence of politics.”

On the security situation in the country, reoccurring incidences of bomb blast and the call from some quarters for military intervention, Babangida said, “I have always said that the military is an aberration; we shouldn’t introduce them into our politics now, we have had it before and I don’t support that we introduce military to come and truncate our democratic process, not even to take part in our electoral process.
“However, we should be vigilant and sensitive to issues around us especially on security, I think State Police would solve our security problem.”

Babangida commended the large turn out of Nigerians for the exercise and praised Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for providing an enabling environment for a free and fair elections.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=45039:ibb-quits-active-politics-canvasses-five-party-system&catid=199:latest-election-coverage&Itemid=721#comments
Re: Adieu Buhari? by johnie: 9:15am On Apr 18, 2011
The Egyptian military has also hijacked the "peoples' revolution."

I am shocked that anyone would be openly canvassing a military government in this day and age.

That's out of fashion bro!

embarassed
Re: Adieu Buhari? by XueRengui: 4:09am On Oct 23, 2014
Shame
Re: Adieu Buhari? by XueRengui: 5:01pm On Dec 14, 2014
AndreUweh:
Buhari should wait for 2015.
Tah! 2019
Re: Adieu Buhari? by Flets: 5:14pm On Dec 14, 2014
The old reptile should wait for 2019.
Re: Adieu Buhari? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 14, 2014
This generation will make a grievous mistake if Buhari is allowed to rule Nigeria again

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Adieu Buhari? by Boss13: 6:10pm On Dec 14, 2014
noblezone:
This generation will make a grievous mistake if Buhari is allowed to rule Nigeria again

A word is enough for the wise.

We have already made a terrible mistake voting Jonathan.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu Doctors Reject Chime’s Call To Resume Work / Boko Haram - Problem, Reaction, Solution / Wikileaks: How Obasanjo Robbed Nigeria Dry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.