Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,174 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Spotlight Poetry: Let's Prey II — Ayomide Inufin D'great X TobiR Afolabi - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Spotlight Poetry: Let's Prey II — Ayomide Inufin D'great X TobiR Afolabi (376 Views)

The Lover Next Door II / Love Don't Have A Language — Ayomide Inufin D'great X Nana Abena / Spotlight Poetry: Work Of God (for TobiR Afolabi) — Ayomide Inufin D'great (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Spotlight Poetry: Let's Prey II — Ayomide Inufin D'great X TobiR Afolabi by Inuayo007: 4:19pm On Mar 26, 2021
Thy farther who hath in haven,
Shallow be thy aim,
Woe unto him who leaves his fate to his faith
to live a wargrave,
His life is a death worth dying,
His demons cometh in daylight to hunt his mental darkness,
His demons his folly, the wisdom of the holy,
He preys upon his existence,
While he wonders for answers like Perseverance on Mars,
The answers unmasked; the questions on mask,
How fast can he break this fast?
His food for thoughts is nothing to think about,
He's crystal running for answers but he's clearly chasing clouts,
like a bunch of adolescents chasing clouds,
He's the prey; he's the preyer...
So let's pray the preyer realizes he's the sailor of his own denial...

Humans running helter skelter in a box
He looked at me and said let us prey,
I thought I heard right, so I bowed my head till the chaos clicked,
So you didn't mean pray?
He smiled and said more intensely "let us prey!"
I was not ready I was scared, naive and too human to watch another drop dead,
He he said " Life is a game for the strong, get preyed or prey, with this mentality how can you be wrong?
Should I tell you the bitter truth or whisper you a sweet song?
But for how long?
You came here naked in a family yet all your live you'd search for where you belong
Oh life! I tagged it a game of survival, yeah! Survival of the fittest, don't show no weakness, except it is a decoy, like an injured woman on a lonely road with robbers hiding in the darkness
Don't be fooled the only goal of man is survival! So now prey and let the weak Pray!"

Ayomide Inufin D'great
X
TobiR Afolabi

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Ingenious Writers/ Creative Idealists Needed (female) / Agony Of My Mother / What If?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.