Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,991 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

What Is Really Going On?? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is Really Going On?? (339 Views)

Fuel Subsidy: What Is Really Going On? / What Is Going On Here (Graphic Pictures) / What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Really Going On?? by Lessonteacher(f): 5:59pm On Mar 26, 2021
I'm sitting on this bench at a place somewhere in Lagos, after sometime, there comes an elderly woman, that looks somewhere in her sixties or seventies, asking us if we have anything to give her, that she is hungry, and that triggers the feelings I have been having of recent.the number of people begging for financial assistance are worryingly on the increase in the country.
Has anyone else observed the same thing I have observed?

4 Likes

Re: What Is Really Going On?? by RedSquid: 6:02pm On Mar 26, 2021
My dear.

It saddens my heart

I have come across over 100s of such situations so much that when I go out, I make sure I hold extra cash as budget for people I will help across the road.

In the course of all of my trips, to Osun, to Ibadan, Lagos, everywhere our elderly ones. Perhaps their kids are not yet well financially buoyant. I always move around with a budget for people cause it's just too much, way too much.

I don't confuse giving with something else, so young people are off my list, but the old ones, definitely on my list..

The society and global trend is moving seriously faster than the rate some people behind or/and elders can keep up with the societal trend

I'm on my knees, please lets always strive to help the elderly ones when we cone across them please. We will also be old please.

I appeal to society.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Really Going On?? by Starseed(m): 6:16pm On Mar 26, 2021
You are not alone in this. In PH, it is normal to see people begging at Everyday Mall or Marketsquare Mall but right now eeh.. The number of beggars has really increased to the extent you don't even know who truly needs help.

Well, I blame the govt for the sufferings of the masses cos if they have played their part by providing jobs, paying workers at wen due, providing infrastructure and basic amenities, standard of living wouldn't have been this high.

May the Lord help us to survive this survive we are surviving.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Really Going On?? by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:31pm On Mar 26, 2021
The country is getting harder to be honest. People have swallowed shame and pride and are really doing all sorts to stay afloat.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Really Going On?? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 26, 2021
I have noticed but I don't give shishi. Country hard for everybody. Let every man go and work. Many people feel too big or are too lazy to work small jobs so they simply beg and keep playing betnaija hoping to cash out someday. Who is sponsoring this their betting, you and I that they beg.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Really Going On?? by meobizy(f): 7:59am On Mar 27, 2021
The people I've noticed are only testing their luck. Taxi drivers beg me for money sometimes. It sickens me because these idiots see nothing less than eight thousand Naira from a full day's job. If that isn't foolery then I don't know what is. A friend of mine put it best "the guy feels you have too much money on hand. He wants to lessen your load."
Re: What Is Really Going On?? by illicit(m): 8:16pm On Jul 16, 2021
Too bad

(1) (Reply)

The Perfection Of God's Laws And Reincarnation / I’ll Never Have To Pay Rent Again! - Winner, Y’ello Star Season One / Good morning Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.