Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,217 members, 7,842,574 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Why I Still Believe Bakare Is On Track - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Still Believe Bakare Is On Track (577 Views)

I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now / Tunde Bakare Is A Confused Man- CAN / Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Still Believe Bakare Is On Track by ajoguegbe(m): 2:41am On Apr 16, 2011
I(like so many others)am supporting CPC because of Pastor Tunde Bakare and even if the lawyer turned clergy is beaten in today's polls,my believe in him will not waver.He is one man I believe in his passion for National Transformation,a mission he pursues sometimes at the expence of his life.I have studied this man for years and have come to conclude his interest is far from selfish. My opinion I know runs contrary to the opinions of most of my eastern-Nigerian block who do ethnic politicking and some christians who are not comfortable with his style of ministry.Hoever, these are reasons some people dislike him,and here are my take on that

1. HIS ATTACKS ON FELLOW MINISTERS:[/b]I may not be comfortable with his verbal attacks on fellow ministers especially because he does it on air,but I also believe his percieved effrontry has helped check the excesses of our Nigerian ministers who are trying to align pentecostalism with some wtchcraft practices.That he shouldnt have done it on air?Well Paul withstood Peter to his face in public and even wrote it down for millions to read afterwards.According to Paul,"He(peter) was wrong"(Gal 2:11)

[b]2. HIS FORAY INTO POLITICS FROM PULPIT
:some erroneously believe that men of God should avoid politics like a plague.In fact one guy said on fb that Paul prohibited Christians from politics; another person I respect so much even refered to Bakare as some1 that left his first estate(like fallen angels).I believe all these are scriptural misinterpretations.Now lets go to God's nation(Israel) to draw a glimpse of God's model state.In the Old Testament,the priests and the Levites were the 'clergy' and the judges of Israel were civil rulers. It is important to note that the "prophets" were primarily social reformers and statesmen among the people and included both clergy and non-clergy in their ranks.Seperation of church and state then did not prohibit priests and Levites from holding public office or influencing politics as private citizens(Deut 17:8-13;2 Chr 19:8,11).Paul was actually suprised at Christians who were against politics.He asked them,"Do u not know that we shall judge Angels?how much more THE MATTERS OF THIS LIFE.(1Cor 6:3). Bakare is a lawyer as wells as prophet and thus a social reformer and is qualified by all ramifications to administer the matters of this life(civil matters)

3. HIS TEAMING UP WITH A MUSLIM:All of us know of Laurent gbagbo,a supposed christian,supported by the southern Christian majority of Ivory Coast but which we would not want to associate with today as a Christian brother.So the issue is not about having a Christian in the helm of affair per se. It was Steven McDowel who said,"establishing a Christian nation does not mean to set up an ecclesiatical state where the civil government leaders dictate how everyone is to believe and worship. A cristian nation is one that is established in Christian principles where God and His law is honore and obeyed.Joseph, Daniel,Esther, Mordecai etc all served under pagan leaders but ended up representing the interest of the Kingdom of God.

4. HIS UNFULFILLED PROPHECIES: Some have used the prophecy he gave on Obasanjo's death that did not come to pass to dismiss him as a false prophet. Well you are living on media incomplete reports.Reports that will not tell you about his prophecies on Abacha,Abiola,Maccido etc All of which have come to pass

Let me pause it here because of space. Lets come out of our emotional cocoon sand face raw facts

Re: Why I Still Believe Bakare Is On Track by manmustwac(m): 1:25am On Apr 17, 2011
Moved to politics section

(1) (Reply)

UK Nigerian Comedy Awards / Is Aso Villa A Death Trap? What Do You Think? / Jonathan Should Purge The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.